• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Didn't the Seven Squares leak say that Sephiroth was one of the names it heard all the way back in early 2019?
That was from Vergeben, yeah, though knowing Sephiroth that far in advance seems a little unlikely. Then again, this is the same guy who was headstrong about hearing Minecraft Content/Steve all the way up until he was finally revealed so, yeah I guess that could count.

Thing about the seven squares leak is that every character from it with the exception of two are now in Smash in some way. I don’t think that’s just a lucky guess, especially considering Vergeben’s track record so I’m inclined to agree that the Seven Squares was legit info if not INCREDIBLY early.

For reference these were the characters in the leak:
Luminary (DQXI) - Playable
Erdrick (DQIII) - Alt
Slime (DQ) - Background Cameo/Spirit
Geno (SMRPG) - Mii Costumed :(
Sephiroth (FFVII) - Playable
Crono (Chrono Trigger) - not represented yet
Sora (Kingdom Hearts) - not represented yet

The possibility of those last two showing up in some way seems plausible enough. Sora is a tough one but I feel like if Sakurai wanted him he could get him.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Didn't the Seven Squares leak say that Sephiroth was one of the names it heard all the way back in early 2019?
The thing with the Seven Squares is that it comes from Square-Enix, trying to Gaslight internally who was their rep back in 2018.
They sent names around their company, to catch whoever is spilling the truth.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That was from Vergeben, yeah, though knowing Sephiroth that far in advance seems a little unlikely. Then again, this is the same guy who was headstrong about hearing Minecraft Content/Steve all the way up until he was finally revealed so, yeah I guess that could count.

Thing about the seven squares leak is that every character from it with the exception of two are now in Smash in some way. I don’t think that’s just a lucky guess, especially considering Vergeben’s track record so I’m inclined to agree that the Seven Squares was legit info if not INCREDIBLY early.

Erdrick (DQIII) - Alt

The possibility of those last two showing up in some way seems plausible enough. Sora is a tough one but I feel like if Sakurai wanted him he could get him.
I feel like Crono will be costumed. When, idk. But I don’t think he’ll be playable OR in a spirit event. Mii costume or bust for him

anyway my bet is: Elma, KOS-MOS, Reimu or Ahri. LOCK IT IN.

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
I wish I could guarantee it isn't a character I'd hate, so I could watch the direct unspoiled and get the full experience :/
Alas, it is not to be, and so I am stuck looking for leaks to temper my disappointment.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh and don’t worry guys I’m going to set up a Nintendo Direct Thread like the old days and make it explicitly clear to keep it spoiler free. I’m going to close this one as the direct goes live as well and will reopen it later tonight. So as long as people abide by the rules you guys should be ok to stick around. I’ll have that thread up by Noon CST and will link it at least twice in here.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
One last thing

if any of the following get indubitably leaked:
  • Reimu
  • KOS-MOS (esp if there’s a T-elos alt a la Alph)
  • Elma
  • Ahri

DO NOT HESITATE TO PING ME.

Now if you’ll excuse me I’ll be listening to Party Rock Apple!! on repeat at work for if Reimu gets confirmed I’m dropping the video into that thread to celebrate

Kokiden

Smash Ace

Erdrick (DQIII) - Alt

Interesting leak.

I can't say I would mind it if the latter two get in. I haven't played CT, but I've heard good things about it (or was that Chrono Cross?)

As for Sora, I'm not a fan of KH (only played the first 2 games), but I do really dig that killer soundtrack.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Characters to keep an eye on.

Arle Nadja
Bandana Dee
BotW character
Chun-Li
Crash Bandicoot
Dante
Elma
Euden
Gen 8 Pokemon
Jonesy
KOS-MOS
League of Legends character
Monster Hunter
Phoenix Wright
Rayman
Reimu
Rex
Ryu Hayabusa
Shantae
Tales rep

Then watch that all of these are actually wrong and we get something like Agumon, Amaterasu (Please let this be), Axel Stone, Bill Razer, Billy & Jimmy Lee, Cynthia (Pokemon), Ganon (Blue Classic), Morrigan Aensland, Professor Layton, or Sir Arthur.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Tales or Dark Souls if its bamco. Do you think it would be yuri or floyd
Pretty sure it'd be Lloyd.

Yuri isnt a terrible choice.

But Floyd comes from the most unpopular Tales game. Tales of Not Existing.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Give me Crono as a PreMiium costume and Kingdom of Zeal as the only soundtrack to accompany him and I would gladly take it.
Given how Hero came with all DQ costumes and the Geno costume came with Cloud in 4 and Sephiroth in Ult, I’m thinking a Crono costume would also HAVE to accompany a S-E character, no if’s or buts.

this is how 2B or Neku can still win.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I wonder if there is any chance they could extend Fighter Pass 2 to have three more characters and then end it all with one individual character.

Come on Nintendo and Sakurai, I need a perfect square!

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I wonder if there is any chance they could extend Fighter Pass 2 to have three more characters and then end it all with one individual character.

Come on Nintendo and Sakurai, I need a perfect square!
Just put Echoes together with their Base Fighters lol.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Erdrick (DQIII) - Alt

Also it's interesting that Sakurai had a plan for Slime if Square enix didn't want to see the Hero in smash. I do wonder if he had plans for the other characters like Crono and Sora and maybe he already have a moveset in mind or something.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Sora is a tough one but I feel like if Sakurai wanted him he could get him.
#Soraconfirmed.

Because really either he's in or he's not. Nintendo ain't gonna go out of their way negotiating with Disney for a Mii costume or Spirit Event.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
My personal choices would be:
Make :ultdoc: an Echo of :ultmario: .
Make :4link: an Echo of :ultlink: it's too perfect.
Make Gardevoir an Echo of :ultrosalina: without Luma.
Make Octolings an Echo of :ultinkling: .
Make Anarchy Steve (distinguished with Diamond Armor) an Echo of :ultsteve: with End Crystals instead of TNT and a Limit Like Gimmick with the Totems.

Ivander

Smash Legend
For an echo to work they have to be from the same franchise.
That part we don't know. At the very least, no big size differences or whatnot. But the idea that they have to be from the same franchise, we don't know. Cause I mean, there are some other franchise characters who could easily work as Echos with some characters, like Blaziken with Captain Falcon.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
An echo does not have to be from the same franchise. They just have to have the same bodyshape. Black Shadow fits Ganondorf's bodyshape for instance(might be even better than Falcon).

We've had Echoes generally from the same franchise, but that is not an actual rule of sorts nor stated at any point that it matters. I do agree it seems the most likely... which is why I don't see Black Shadow getting in either. I'm not sure Medusa fits Palutena's bodyshape that well though? And a lot of her attacks don't seem to really make sense outside of a much more massive retooling. She feels more like an Isabelle situation to me.

Dr. Mario easily can be an Echo though, but it depends how important different attributes are for what defines one officially. Cause he has way more differences than Ken, which may be part of why he isn't labeled one. It could also be he's a clone from day one, so kept that moniker, but that doesn't really explain why Dark Pit and Lucina kept the Echo moniker(though they are nowhere near as different as Dr. Mario, but it'd still be inconsistent here).

Octoling, Shadow, Dixie Kong, all three I can very easily see work fine, though. Though frankly the second and third work better as semi-clones, though, but that's kind of a general opinion, heh.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Correction.

He's a clone. There's apparently a difference between clones and echos.
Only limitation on Echoes I know of is that they must have the same proportions as their Base Fighter. Because if Ganondorf can be an Clone of Captain Falcon (I just call the Melee Clones Echoes), a character he has LITERALLY NO RELATION TO WHATSOEVER!, then I think Gardevoir as an Echo wouldn't be that Far Fatched. Just remove Luma, update some Cosmetics, give her Mewtwo's Specials, and you got a Free Echo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom