• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
You thought it would be F-Zero or Ice Climber, but it was me! Duck Hunt!

"Isn't that the game where you shoot bi-"

NO! It is now the game where an evil man steals all the ducks in the pond for some reason and now Peepers must travel the land to find them again. Thus, Duck Hunt.
I... would actually be okay with this.
As a bonus, shooting the dog would net an instant Game Over and you must restart the whole game. Thought you could get revenge on the dog for laughing at you in the NES days? Nope, back to square one! Have fun at the very end and this happens!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ike 🤝 Lyndis

Being Fire Emblem characters that are so popular that Intelligent Systems developed figures of them more than a decade after their original games came out.
1613008844675.png 1613009120049.png

Just sayin', I better not see any of you talking about cutting Ike in any hypothetical future rosters.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Several Nendoroids of KH characters were confirmed.

Once again, Disney's not as strict with the KH license as people make them out to be.

...Also, Thomas the Tank Engine is apparently getting one.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Once again, Disney's not as strict with the KH license as people make them out to be.

Is it bad I'm more excited for the Thomas one?

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
You forgot
  • Did that Splatoon SAVE OUR SALMONS pic last year hint at something greater on the horizon?
Splatoon spin off 2021 or Splatoon 2 DLC. based off past data, rumor's and connecting two and two together on my own i have a petty decent idea of Nintendo's 2021 and 2022.

so far now im just going to say Style savvy 2021 or 2022 is very likely.

Ike 🤝 Lyndis

Being Fire Emblem characters that are so popular that Intelligent Systems developed figures of them more than a decade after their original games came out.
View attachment 302659View attachment 302661

Just sayin', I better not see any of you talking about cutting Ike in any hypothetical future rosters.
mhm, roy, corrin lucina and chrom will be gone before him.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I... would actually be okay with this.
As a bonus, shooting the dog would net an instant Game Over and you must restart the whole game. Thought you could get revenge on the dog for laughing at you in the NES days? Nope, back to square one! Have fun at the very end and this happens!
Duck Season intensifies

Is it bad I'm more excited for the Thomas one?
Not at all. He's a really useful engine.

Otoad64

Smash Lord

Thomas is hype
She'll get cut as an Assist Trophy. :4pacman:
I meant that if Ike is just as important as Lyn and Lyn isn't in the game then cutting Ike isn't an outlandish thing to do.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Splatoon spin off 2021 or Splatoon 2 DLC. based off past data, rumor's and connecting two and two together on my own i have a petty decent idea of Nintendo's 2021 and 2022.

so far now im just going to say Style savvy 2021 or 2022 is very likely.

mhm, roy, corrin lucina and chrom will be gone before him.
Any idea on when a potential Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition and/or X Part 2 will happen?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Oh, I'm just waiting for when Crash doesn't end up as among the last 3. So much stock folks have been putting into him. Folks haven't learned from King K. Rool for Sm4sh DLC.

Instead, we get someone more around the lines of Chun-Li, Dante, or Ryu Hayabusa. I'm betting on that now.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord

Oh, I'm just waiting for when Crash doesn't end up as among the last 3. So much stock folks have been putting into him. Folks haven't learned from King K. Rool for Sm4sh DLC.

Instead, we get someone more around the lines of Chun-Li, Dante, or Ryu Hayabusa. I'm betting on that now.
"we aren't getting a character people are putting a lot of stock into! instead we are getting 3 other characters people have been putting a lot of stock into!"

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ike 🤝 Lyndis

View attachment 302659View attachment 302661

tbf having a figure in Japan isn't a huge achievement

you can't move in Japan without accidentally knocking over like five or six figures

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
"we aren't getting a character people are putting a lot of stock into! instead we are getting 3 other characters people have been putting a lot of stock into!"
Compared to Crash though lately, they don't seem to get as much.

I'm just telling you folks are gonna be disappointed when Crash ain't among the final 3.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
tbf having a figure in Japan isn't a huge achievement

you can't move in Japan without accidentally knocking over like five or six figures
Sh, let me have this.

You don't see them making figures for ****ing uhhhh Roy.

at least not yet anyways

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Compared to Crash though lately, they don't seem to get as much.

I'm just telling you folks are gonna be disappointed when Crash ain't among the final 3.
I don't expect Crash myself, but not because I refuse to look outside of one particular leak that I'll deny supporting the characters on once one character not on the leak gets in.

ZelDan

Smash Master
What do you guys think the chances are of at least one more 1st party/Nintendo character?
When it comes to us getting first parties in FP2:

I feel like there's a pretty good chance we'll get one first party character atleast in one of the remaining packs.

2? Eh...maybe? It's not impossible, but I don't feel very confident about it and would not bet on it were I a betting man.

I definitely don't see all 3 packs being first party though. Considering how much Sakurai/Nintendo loves adding third party guests to Smash to broaden the franchise's appeal and how much DLC has leaned in to third party thus far, I highly HIGHLY doubt FP2 would be 1/3 third party.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
What do you guys think the chances are of at least one more 1st party/Nintendo character?
Given that they could easily do a few bonus fighters after the pass is done, pretty high. Ironically the scenario where we get the least first parties is where we just get FP2, since a FP3 or post pass content gives far more opportunities for first parties in my eyes.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Considering how much Sakurai/Nintendo loves adding third party guests to Smash to broaden the franchise's appeal
At the same time, after Steve it'll be hard to try and broaden its appeal even further without resorting to non-video game characters. Sephiroth I see as them admitting this, since FFVII fans would've still bought Smash for Cloud with or without an abysmal amount of FF spirits.

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Any idea on when a potential Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition and/or X Part 2 will happen?
i have no idea on port's they usually drop out of nowhere with no hint's.

Monolith new ip if it has a 4-5 year dev cycle will probably come out in 2022 or 2023, unless they started production after the hires in which case 2024 seems more likely.

sometime before then, that also depends on whether a XC3 is being developed, Monolith has been growing but it's worth noting on top of making new ip's, Xenoblade and port's of their old games they are also helping out with games like Zelda, Mario, Splatoon and Animal crossing, their dev team is spread really thin, XC2 was made by their side team and XCDE was originally supposed to be more of a upscaled port with change's only to the major stuff, for example the mechon were never supposed to get new models, they were given new model's as the dev team wanted to do that anyway. it's worth noting Nintendo also likes to complete games and then it on them for a few years, if something like that happens unless you have direct insider info it's hard to pinpoint when a game like that will come out.

we will likely see genealogy of the holy war remake this year, it's next in line to get remade unless they go after another FE game instead.

Tomadachi is mostly speculation on my part but that should be possibility as it's sale are gigantic in Japan,

Detective Pikachu 2 is also a thing for those who liked the first, Pokémon co talked about it during a press conference in 2019.

rhythm heaven has been disconfirmed as nothing was in development as of april 2020, however it's a profitable franchises so a game will eventually come to the switch.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given that they could easily do a few bonus fighters after the pass is done, pretty high. Ironically the scenario where we get the least first parties is where we just get FP2, since a FP3 or post pass content gives far more opportunities for first parties in my eyes.
I wouldn't get my hopes up for individual Post-Pass 2 DLC or a Pass 3. I think this is gonna be it after this.

Pillow

Smash Lord
The only 1st party characters with realistic chances are Rex, Euden, and Cinderace. That said, these all have decent chances, so another 1st party seems likely to me (Rex especially seems more likely than not) but not more than one.

If we do get some miraculous old franchise revival I hope to God it’s F-Zero. WE DESERVE THIS AIGHT.

and uh. Black Shadow in Smash would be p sick too
F-Zero is cool, but I'm still hoping for another Advance Wars or Wario Land game.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
to add on to what i said earlier a lot of 2020 titles were delayed in to 2021, 2020 was originally supposed to be one of the switches biggest years but 2021 is likely to take that title, the reason we are seeing these 1 month announcement to release cycles is because Nintendo was not prepared at all for work from home and they were unsure of when their games could come out, this is likely what happened to bayonetta 3, as platinum said that everything about the game is controlled by Nintendo as they are publishing it.. 2021 will be a year where most major franchise's get an entry.

Pillow

Smash Lord
At the same time, after Steve it'll be hard to try and broaden its appeal even further without resorting to non-video game characters. Sephiroth I see as them admitting this, since FFVII fans would've still bought Smash for Cloud with or without an abysmal amount of FF spirits.
There's still plenty of characters left that Nintendo could opt for if they're trying to tap into the more casual market without having to leave the video game sphere. We don't have a phone game character still, for example. The big issue with these sort of characters is that their fanbases tend to be fickle and move on from one fad to the next, so it's hard to find a character that has the same sort of legacy that Steve does. A Fortnite character seems like the inevitable next step, assuming the game is still popular whenever the next Smash installment comes around (by then Fortnite would be about as old as Minecraft is when Steve got into Ultimate).

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We don't have a phone game character still, for example
There's no one who debuted on mobile phones, but Steve still appeals to mobile gamers. This is part of why I think Steve means the only way to make Smash appeal to more people is to result to **** like Goku, because Minecraft is on almost every major platform from the Xbox 360 onward.

...potentially there's still fans of older PC games, but they won't play "console trash". I know what "master race" PC gamers are like, they won't give up their refusal to touch a controller just because Smash now has a strategy game rep that isn't from Pikmin/FE.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
There's no one who debuted on mobile phones, but Steve still appeals to mobile gamers. This is part of why I think Steve means the only way to make Smash appeal to more people is to result to **** like Goku, because Minecraft is on almost every major platform from the Xbox 360 onward.
I don’t really see how Steve appeals to mobile gamers...your claim that Goku is the next step doesn’t really have any basis. Goku himself isn’t even a character that would attract a casual (non video game) audience since anime is more niche outside of Japan than something like SpiderMan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom