• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
since im hearing talk of goku im here to say this

if there was any anime character, it would be luffy or somebody from demon slayer

One piece had the best selling manga year in japan with 30 million unit's sold..... then demon slayer sold 80 million last year. dragon ball can't compete with that.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

if there was any anime character, it would be luffy or somebody from demon slayer

One piece had the best selling manga year in japan with 30 million unit's sold..... then demon slayer sold 80 million last year. dragon ball can't compete with that.
Dragonball is... a cultural icon.

Just looking at recent manga sales is missing the big picture.

Pillow

Smash Lord
How doesn't he? Minecraft is still a best seller even on mobile devices.
I don't see how Steve appeals to mobile gamers any more than he does to anyone else who's played Minecraft*. If we're talking global appeal, then there are still many video game characters ahead of Goku, because video games are a more mainstream entertainment form than anime.

Well Dragonball isn't the active series it once was (I know Super is still ongoing) so it's not really a fair comparison. Goku simply has more clout than Tanjiro because of his legacy outside of active manga sales.

But we're never getting an anime character in Smash anyway, so I guess it hardly matters.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
But we're never getting an anime character in Smash anyway, so I guess it hardly matters.
THE ANSWER TO THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY VERSION OF sMASH BROS!!!!!!!! im working on the roster as we speak.

and no those crappy Jump games don't count.

EDIT: also i would say Demon slayer can compete with dragon balls notoriety, it isn't just sale's Demon slayer makes Attack on titan's debut look tiny, it's legitimately nothing like any anime has ever seen before, it's popularity is explosive.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
How doesn't he? Minecraft is still a best seller even on mobile devices.
Just because a large series is on a console doesn't exactly mean that they appeal to everyone that uses it. Like, just here there were plenty of people who weren't into or actively disliked Steve's inclusion. I personally was surprised to find the character's reception here to be heavily mixed and leaning towards negative, and even more surprised to have the response to noting this be: Why? EDIT: As surprised as I was it does make sense: No character appeals to literally everyone and there will always be groups of people who don't care or dislike it.

There are still ways to expand the appeal. Steve may be one of the biggest characters in the game, but he's not the last big character in the game if that makes any sense.

THE ANSWER TO THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY VERSION OF sMASH BROS!!!!!!!! im working on the roster as we speak.

and no those crappy Jump games don't count.
Would you believe me if I told you this already exists (albeit as an older game)?

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Dr. Coyle for Ultimate Deluxe pls 🤞 I need some female villains up in here

T-elos too
Where is Medusa? Where is this Kid Icarus Bias I've been hearing about since Smash For? Surely if there is Kid Icarus bias, this bias would've made Medusa a playable character, right?

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Would you believe me if I told you this already exists (albeit as an older game)?
is it the one on DS?

well anyway im actually trying to work on a believable roster, there is some deserved bias to ovelord though.

ALSO SEASON 4 OF OVERLORD IS COMING THIS YEAR, it was supposed to some out last year about a year after the last season but covid hit.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
No character appeals to literally everyone and there will always be groups of people who don't care or dislike it.
Of course not literally everyone, but Steve appeals to enough people to make trying to expand the game's appeal pointless. That's what I've been trying to say.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Ash is already in the game. :troll:
Do they use the same voice actor or did they just get a sound alike for the role?

Also it's kind of funny that they gave Red a voice actor even though they'd later double down on making him fully mute. It probably is better this way since he'd be incredibly disjointed from his Pokémon if he didn't say anything, but it's still a little funny nonetheless.

Of course not literally everyone, but Steve appeals to enough people to make trying to expand the game's appeal pointless. That's what I've been trying to say.
And that's not really the case. Minecraft may be big but it doesn't eclipse the entire market. There are still places we haven't gone yet.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
off topic somewhat but, after researching i discovered that Charlotte and Angel beats have a lot of the same people who worked on them

why am I not surprised, they both had the ability to make me cry, they both deserve a spot on my fake roster.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Where is Medusa? Where is this Kid Icarus Bias I've been hearing about since Smash For? Surely if there is Kid Icarus bias, this bias would've made Medusa a playable character, right?
We really do lack female villains...not just in Smash, but in games in general. Though my first choice for Smash would be a GlaDOS or SHODAN boss fight.

But what you're trying to say makes no sense. Including any character from a series that's not yet represented in Smash would expand the game's appeal. Steve isn't even the biggest casually recognized character we have in Smash...that title goes to Mario. Hell he's not even top 5.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
but it doesn't eclipse the entire market. There are still places we haven't gone yet.
Those places are mainly in PC gaming markets dominated by people who refuse to touch a controller or play a game that uses less than 8 GB of VRAM unless it started out as a PC exclusive.
Since it's UPRISING bias, Viridi or Hades would take priority.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Ike 🤝 Lyndis

Being Fire Emblem characters that are so popular that Intelligent Systems developed figures of them more than a decade after their original games came out.
View attachment 302659View attachment 302661

Just sayin', I better not see any of you talking about cutting Ike in any hypothetical future rosters.
This clearly confirms Path of Radiance remake as our next FE game.

Oh, I'm just waiting for when Crash doesn't end up as among the last 3. So much stock folks have been putting into him. Folks haven't learned from King K. Rool for Sm4sh DLC.

Instead, we get someone more around the lines of Chun-Li, Dante, or Ryu Hayabusa. I'm betting on that now.
I don't want to be that guy... but I remember you saying the same about Dante and how much people were overconfident about his chances few months ago.

Crash 4 getting a Switch port will get some Smash talk, like any 3rd party series does when it gets a game on the Switch, for better or worse. Not surprises youtubers or websites are capitalizing on that momentum to get some extra views.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Since it's UPRISING bias, Viridi or Hades would take priority.
Rightfully so, I must say. I like Medusa but Hades > Medusa everyday baby.

It could kind of use one.....

View attachment 302672
Yeah... to be honest I think this one and Radiant Dawn would be fine with a remaster and a few QoL changes (being able to skip turns, speed up animations, new UI, and more). Obviously a remake would be cooler, but even if I love the Tellius games I'd prefer them to remake the older FE games, specially the ones that never released outside of Japan. There's more room for a visual improvement there, among other things.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Those places are mainly in PC gaming markets dominated by people who refuse to touch a controller or play a game that uses less than 8 GB of VRAM unless it started out as a PC exclusive.
I don't think that's the case either. Even if we're just looking at industry icons (that are on consoles) there are still a bunch of them not in Super Smash Bros., and the audiences of those franchises probably don't have much of a relation to the audience of Minecraft depending on the series.

And besides, isn't Minecraft's major audience on the PC? Again, just because a large franchise is on a console doesn't mean that they appeal to the overwhelming majority of its install base.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
well Ash doesn't have an Ivysaur so not sure how that's supposed to work.

what I would do is merge Pikachu and Greninja into one slot and have the 3rd one be... Snorlax or something
You could go Pikachu, Greninja, and Charizard if we're going full Echo Fighter...ish.

I think Ash would especially work if he were added as a part of a custom Pokémon Trainer who could have a team of any three Pokémon.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
you know technically the Cyberpunk version is of video game origin...
It's actually not, because Johnny Silverhand originated in the tabletop game.

F-Zero probably should come first, but I want an Ice Climber reboot!
**** that! Time for Waluigi's Wrecking Crew!

Dragonball is... a cultural icon.
So is Luffy, just...not in NA. But in Japan, One Piece is more popular than Dragon Ball ever was and has been so for way longer.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Compared to Crash though lately, they don't seem to get as much.
Dante doesn't seem to get as much discussion lately, but Chun-Li and Hayabusa are on every other prediction. Hayabusa feels like he's second only to Crash in terms of "obvious picks," and everyone's rushing to Chun-Li now that repeat third-parties are on the table with Sephiroth. At the very least, Crash isn't any less than they are. Honestly, it seems like Crash gets more discussion on how he's overrated than actual discussion on his chances.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well Chun-Li also has the currently in limbo rumor and the lack of Street Fighter music outside II. As well as sharing the theme with Sephiroth of following the main character where ever they go, even in crossovers.
However they could go for someone else from Street Fighter, likely an antagonist. As well as some other Capcom character.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom