• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
Nintendo leaked Apex Legends for Switch on their own website.
Funny how it's, just, out there like that. We'll probably get a YouTube/Twitter reveal and trailer soon then.

Not related to the Apex leak but since Sakuna is also on that picture I’m just gonna plug that she would fit so well into Smash.
She would, and Marvelous just announced that the game has shipped 850,000 units as of today. Across all platforms of course but still a major success for a two-man development team. Could creep up to a million even. Even a spirit event for Sakuna would be very much welcome.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
Funny how it's, just, out there like that. We'll probably get a YouTube/Twitter reveal and trailer soon then.

She would, and Marvelous just announced that the game has shipped 850,000 units as of today. Across all platforms of course but still a major success for a two-man development team. Could creep up to a million even. Even a spirit event for Sakuna would be very much welcome.
Sheesh that’s definitely better than expected. Playable character is probably out of the question but I’m still holding out hope for a full mii sword fighter costume. She gets extra points for not being a gunner too.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hold up wasn’t there a rumor about apex legends in smash???

SKX31

Smash Master
It's just a body costume, so you can still have Sans Undertale peeking out of it with his cold, unblinking stare
Sans Crash?

I'm pretty sure that half the thread would collapse into anarchy if that ever came to be.

Hold up wasn’t there a rumor about apex legends in smash???
Yes, link to what seems to be the initial post (when 7NATOR brought it up) here.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sans Crash?

I'm pretty sure that half the thread would collapse into anarchy if that ever came to be.

Yes, link to what seems to be the initial post (when 7NATOR brought it up) here.
not a whole lot to go on from it though... will press x to doubt on this one

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
As far as the final character being anti-hype (however that can be defined) the worst case scenario I can realistically imagine is a Gen 8 Pokemon. Granted that would make a lot of people happy, but it would be the kind of thing that would induce a lot of "meh" reactions by people online, and even that would still be pretty civil in comparison to the outright antipathy of the Byleth reveal.

One nice thing about the Apex Legends spoiler is that that it suggests a Partner Showcase might be coming soon (maybe next week?) especially given that Nintendo has tended to do third party reveals there as opposed to Twitter drops.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
it's not even that bad.

like yeah it's far from perfect but it's not terrible
Personally, I think it is that bad. It's hilarious how dated it looks and feels when compared to other modern RPG's like Persona, Yakuza, Dragon Quest, Ni No Kuni, literally any of them. GF has been dropping the ball ever since they moved to 3D in Gen 6, and it's only become more obvious when their game moved from the 3DS to the Switch. The games are carried completely by the brand name, and development is rushed as they're forced to meet the deadlines set by new merchandise, the anime, etc. because the games have to come out first.

Though the reason I don't want a gen 8 pokemon in Smash is mostly because I feel we've got pokemon plenty covered in the game already, combined with the fact that the Gen 8 Pokemon would almost certainly be Cinderace which I'm pretty lukewarm about. I actually adore the designs of most the gen 8 pokemon, just not the starters, and most the ones I do like wouldn't really fit well as fighting game characters.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Personally, I think it is that bad. It's hilarious how dated it looks and feels when compared to other modern RPG's like Persona, Yakuza, Dragon Quest, Ni No Kuni, literally any of them. GF has been dropping the ball ever since they moved to 3D in Gen 6, and it's only become more obvious when their game moved from the 3DS to the Switch. The games are carried completely by the brand name, and development is rushed as they're forced to meet the deadlines set by new merchandise, the anime, etc. because the games have to come out first.

Though the reason I don't want a gen 8 pokemon in Smash is mostly because I feel we've got pokemon plenty covered in the game already, combined with the fact that the Gen 8 Pokemon would almost certainly be Cinderace which I'm pretty lukewarm about. I actually adore the designs of most the gen 8 pokemon, just not the starters, and most the ones I do like wouldn't really fit well as fighting game characters.
but that doesn't sound like a bad game though, that's like, New Super Mario Bros. 2

some people act like it's the Sonic 06 of Pokemon.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
but that doesn't sound like a bad game though, that's like, New Super Mario Bros. 2

some people act like it's the Sonic 06 of Pokemon.
I think disappointing is a better way to describe SwSh. There was so much potential for it to be great with the move to the switch, but it just wasn’t. I can only speak for myself, but I as a longtime pokemon fan I really wish the games were just better made.

Sonic games kinda work in the opposite, funnily enough. Sonic Fans get **** on by sonic team so much that they’re generally happy if a semi-decent game like colors or generations comes out. There also isn’t really a consistent gradual downward trend for sonic games like there has been for pokemon, it’s mostly **** like 06 and forces with some good stuff that pops up in between.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
Not as much as 06 is hated by Sonic fans. 50% because it doesn't have everything that made 06 bad, and 50% because Pokemon fans are rather submissive.
Idk if submissive is really correct. It’s just pokemon is such a huge franchise that the voices of die hard fans kinda die out in the sea of casual fans who don’t really care that much as long as the game isn’t actively trash like Sonic 06. There was actually tons of outrage online about SwSh for a variety of reasons but the games still sold better than ever.

D

Deleted member

stepped away from comp for work...now I dont know why I was quoting to reply. Oh well.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I wish

no, really

all we got from last year are:
  • League of Legends rep with Trials of Mana Spirit Event (check), League-universe spin-offs coming to consoles (check) and Hollow Knight PreMiium Swordfighter with a Sealed Vessel remix (TBD)
  • Falcom rep (only Adol or Rean, no mention of Estelle) that predicted Cold Steel switch release dates or something
  • 5ch leak that predicted Sephiroth and said KOS-MOS, Reimu Hakurei and Crash Bandicoot were coming and that no DLC mii costumes from 4 would become playable in Ultimate’s DLC. so far this has held up with the Geno costume returning
  • The Chun-Lloyd rumor even though that seems to be for the base game only, no guarantee Chun-li, Lloyd or Yuri Lowell will be DLC
  • EDIT 1/29 I just remembered there’s also a rumor about an Apex Legends character and music in Smash that Nintendo paid for in 2019. However, given that it was only said on a thread in GameFAQs, and the person who said it has no verifiable credibility and there’s not much else to this rumor I’m taking this with not a grain of salt but the entire salt shaker
Quick update on the rumors so far, just added the Apex Legends one which I find VERY sketchy

Pillow

Smash Lord
Why are we once again focusing on something said by a known plagiarist? I've made it very clear that I refuse to buy SwoShi but if someone genuinely believes it's as bad as one of the most infamous unplayable messes in the last 2 decades then they need to get off their high horse
Not really sure who the known plagiarist you’re referring to is here. I didn’t see anyone claim SwSh is as bad as Sonic 06. It’d honestly be pretty bold to declare anything worse than Sonic 06.

Quick update on the rumors so far, just added the Apex Legends one which I find VERY sketchy
Im not really one to believe in rumors but at least the other ones on your list have some evidence to back them up because they correctly guessed some information. The Apex thing seems like a much bigger shot on in the dark in comparison.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Idk if submissive is really correct. It’s just pokemon is such a huge franchise that the voices of die hard fans kinda die out in the sea of casual fans who don’t really care that much as long as the game isn’t actively trash like Sonic 06. There was actually tons of outrage online about SwSh for a variety of reasons but the games still sold better than ever.
It's not just 5-year-olds and their parents being oblivious to any online controversy. It's also people who partook in said online controversy, regardless of which side they were on, who still bought the game and its DLC.
Not really sure who the known plagiarist you’re referring to is here
Mamboo07 likes to copy posts from GameFAQS and paste them here.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not really sure who the known plagiarist you’re referring to is here. I didn’t see anyone claim SwSh is as bad as Sonic 06. It’d honestly be pretty bold to declare anything worse than Sonic 06.

Im not really one to believe in rumors but at least the other ones on your list have some evidence to back them up because they correctly guessed some information. The Apex thing seems like a much bigger shot on in the dark in comparison.
Mamboo's been caught literally copypasting posts from GameFAQs and passing them off as his own multiple times.

I meant to put that in a seperate part but the fact that someone unironically compared the two and got multiple likes makes me think people really don't get why 06 was bad
Do I know you?

I mean, I been doing as well as a retail clerk can be during a pandemic panic but... do I know you? :lol:
I think they used to be KeybladeSmasher

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

like if the Apex rumor added some additional details like “X Spirit Event”, “X Mii costume” or something like that I’d be more inclined to give it a pass

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Off-topic, but...
Two years already....I remember the wait feeling like forever and my hype increasing back in 2018, when the game entered its full marketing phase.

Funnily enough, I joined SmashBoards that year.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
  • EDIT 1/29 I just remembered there’s also a rumor about an Apex Legends character and music in Smash that Nintendo paid for in 2019. However, given that it was only said on a thread in GameFAQs, and the person who said it has no verifiable credibility and there’s not much else to this rumor I’m taking this with not a grain of salt but the entire salt shaker
That kinda goes for every rumor, really. I agree it's not very likely, but it's not like any of the other rumors have that much more to go off of.

Pillow

Smash Lord
It's not just 5-year-olds and their parents being oblivious to any online controversy. It's also people who partook in said online controversy, regardless of which side they were on, who still bought the game and its DLC.

Mamboo07 likes to copy posts from GameFAQS and paste them here.
Well it’s ok to criticize even if you bought the game. I just feel like most people who did buy SwSh enjoyed it for what it was worth. Hardcore pokemon fans just have to accept the fact that GF will continue to be able to come up with this type of product and still get away with it and make bank because pokemon has become too big to fall.

On a side note I’d highly recommend to any disgruntled pokemon fans out there to play the fan game pokemon reborn. It’s free and requires no emulator. The plot and writing is extremely stupid, but the gameplay is very well done.

Unless it's Bubsy 3D. Credit where credit is due, Sonic 06 does at least have all of the necessary texture work.
True, but no one ever had any expectations of Bubsy. Sonic fans can still blame the studio. If I bought Bubsy 3D I could only blame myself and my drug problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom