• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
Hey guys

CP9 was leaked

Usually I'm hesitant with rumors but this one looks legit

View attachment 300884
pain and suffering

Eh, I've seen worse.
Yeah, it's nothing to get that worried about really. I'll just go calm down with my new favorite brand of ice cream:

you joke, but watch as Crash comes with Kiryu and/or Arle costumes

nah just kidding

...unless?
On one hand, both costumes would be neat (assuming neither Kiryu nor Arle are playable).

On the other, that would actually reduce the chances of Blizzard Mii costumes - such as a Terran Marine (StarCraft) Mii Gunner costume - and my inner Blizzard fanboy would see that as a massive missed opportunity. (Yeah, Crash would presumably come with mainly Activision costumes, but I'd love to see Blizzard make it in somehow)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, it's nothing to get that worried about really. I'll just go calm down with my new favorite brand of ice cream:

On one hand, both costumes would be neat (assuming neither Kiryu nor Arle are playable).

On the other, that would actually reduce the chances of Blizzard Mii costumes - such as a Terran Marine (StarCraft) Mii Gunner costume - and my inner Blizzard fanboy would see that as a massive missed opportunity. (Yeah, Crash would presumably come with mainly Activision costumes, but I'd love to see Blizzard make it in somehow)
At the very least I do expect a Tracer costume either way

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Chili... oil... ice-

WHAT?

SKX31

Smash Master
Chili... oil... ice-

WHAT?
And this, kids, is why everybody hates McDonalds

It's such a strange idea I couldn't resist the itch to post it. Traced it through a follow-up video of people testing it (reactions were mixed) that Zhuge retweeted - and the resulting link-chain. And apparently the idea originates from the Sichuan province - the place where Szechuan sauce comes from.

At the very least I do expect a Tracer costume either way
That would be a safe bet - Mii Gunner doesn't exactly fit the very proactive and reaction-based playstyle Tracer usually has, but it wouldn't be a huge deal.

That fact's going to make the announcement of fighter 10 a little more awkward:

Hope they reference an iconic aspect of Ronald's character:

:4pacman:

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
That would be a safe bet - Mii Gunner doesn't exactly fit the very proactive and reaction-based playstyle Tracer usually has, but it wouldn't be a huge deal.
Tracer mii would look uggo though. All the regular dude miis do. If we have to get a Blizzard Mii please give us Lich King or Space Marine.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Huh, no pic of the day tonight. Either that or it's just late.

I know Sakurai said he was slowing down on them, but usually he only stops on the weekends. It's still Friday in Japan.
It’s obviously because there’s gonna be an announcement of a character announcement as the Pic of the Day tomorrow.

:007:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

I know Sakurai said he was slowing down on them, but usually he only stops on the weekends. It's still Friday in Japan.
This must be the work of Carmen Sandiego! Only she could manage to steal the POTD from us!

In reality, maybe there simply isn't one tonight? Or it could be late?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It’s obviously because there’s gonna be an announcement of a character announcement as the Pic of the Day tomorrow.

:007:
You joke but that’s how Shulk was revealed for 4

... in the west. Japan had him revealed with Xenoblade 3D.

... not that I’m saying this will happen but... yeah

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Call me crazy, but I think that might just be a hint of a February reveal.

But I could always be wrong and Sakurai's probably just late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom