• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This will kick of a whole new series of interviews where creators no longer involved with their IP's will give generic answers to Smash inclusion:

Can Tails get into Smash?

Yuji Naka: I mean, that would be cool I guess.

What are Crash's chances for the second fighter's pass?

Jason Rubin: I don't know, 50/50?

Will we be seeing Zero playable in Smash soon?

Keiji Inafune: Don't have a clue, but have you heard of a little project called Red Ash?
Interviewer: Is Reimu gonna be added to smash?

guy who made some random touhou fangame:
Garnet Shrug.PNG

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I know the context of the scene is dark as all hell, but that’s the most ridiculous looking Garnet I think I’ve ever seen. Thank you!
I just realized how ****ed up some stuff in Steven Universe is.

if i had a nickel for every character rendered incapable of movement for thousands of years, i'd have three nickels. not a lot, but it's odd it happened thrice (bismuth had it best, at least she wasn't concious for it). And the cluster could genuinely work as a horror movie,or some sort of eldrich thing.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
inappropriate music title
Imagine if we got Friday Night Funk music in Smash:

Edit: got a warning for that.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Euden?
EDIT: Oops.
I mean Sylux.
PROS:
  • Is being built up to have a starring role in Metroid Prime 4
CONS:
  • Metroid Prime 4 won't be happening for a long while at this rate
  • Development happened at the beginning of 2019; DLC was finalized somewhere between E3 and November. They'd have known when MP4 got delayed
Overall: Maybe if Metroid Prime 4 wasn't rebooted.
Bandana Dee
Already done.
PROS:
  • Popular request for Smash, especially in Japan apparently
  • Consistently appears throughout the series, moreso than almost any other character (From KSSU onward and only counting the main games, more than even King Dedede and Meta Knight)
  • Consistently depicted alongside the main trio
  • Made to represent the Waddle Dees, which are the second closest thing to a third pillar.
  • Potential upcoming 3D Kirby game gives incentive to push the series
CONS:
  • DLC doesn't seem to favor already-represented series.
  • Nintendo could see Kirby as being represented well enough already
Overall: Might need to put a bit of work in to get there, but he seems to be in a pretty decent spot, all things considered.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So are you guys up for another round of "characters who are not likely but would be cool?" There is a certain guy who is a one man army who liberates civilizations that would be quite cool....

Rico Rodriguez Costume | Carbon Costume | DIY Dress-Up Guides for Cosplay &  Halloween

That's right. I'm talking about the chad, Rico Rodriguez from Just Cause. He goes around in a wingsuit and parachute mowing down armies of mercenaries and taking down entire towns with just a few guns and his trusty grappling hook. This dude casually pulls down huge antennas and fuel canisters which explode, killing enemies and chaining further explosions.

He would be a sick choice.

Attachments

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So are you guys up for another round of "characters who are not likely but would be cool?" There is a certain guy who is a one man army who liberates civilizations that would be quite cool....

View attachment 300504

That's right. I'm talking about the chad, Rico Rodriguez from Just Cause. He goes around in a wingsuit and parachute mowing down armies of mercenaries and taking down entire towns with just a few guns and his trusty grappling hook. This dude casually pulls down huge antennas and fuel canisters which explode, killing enemies and chaining further explosions.

I swear everytime I look at him, I'm thinking he's Nathan Drake. xD

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

View attachment 300504

Would be pretty cool.

Final Smash would look like something out of Michael Bay's movies, too many explosions.

Pillow

Smash Lord

View attachment 300504

I'd love a wacky sandbox series guy in Smash. Though I'd prefer the Boss from Saint's Row personally...

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Alright, time to order everyone I've been given to evaluate.
S Tier - Clear path
Rex
A Tier - Doing good, but has a couple roadbumps
Bandana Waddle Dee, Euden
B Tier - Has a couple things going for them, but is missing the "special sauce"
Krystal, Elma, Sylux, Mimikyu, Toadette, Ganon
C Tier - Nothing strong to support them, but they still exist
Mona, Sceptile, Kid Icarus rep, Slowpoke line
D Tier - Seemingly deconfirmed
Octoling, Galarian Slowpoke line, Redd
F Tier - Press F to Pay Respects
Chibi-Robo, John Raimi
E EEEE - Memes
Mario Brothers from the live-action movie, Matt from Wii Sports

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Kiryu is out because his creator apparently doesn't want him to fight women.
Which is how Ichiban can win! And who's head would probably explode if he found out he gets to fight alongside Erdrick!

Personally I think Five Nights at Freddy's is very likely to get a Character in the Next Smash game
That would be the darkest inclusion in Smash yet, given that series is about child murders(and worse)...

If Sora can't come to Smash, Perhaps he can be put in the next Marvel vs Capcom
Nah man, if Disney adds a character to MvC, it'll be the greatest Capcom character of them all, Scrooge McDuck.

And being fair, I'm pretty sure the dev team of Infinite is to blame for all the bad parts of the game, not Disney.
Yeah, it's the dev team's fault there are no X-Men in Infinite...

Or at the very least, if it wasn't the devs, what they said to cover up was pathetic because some of their explanations made no sense, like X-Men being "too obscure" for Infinite's roster (despite the Logan movie doing really well that same year) or that Doom was redundant because many others had 8-way dashes.
That was CLEARLY the PR team making excuses for the fact that Disney wouldn't let them use non-MCU characters.

Itagaki talked about the possibility of Ryu coming to Super Smash Bros. I think the Response is kind of vague, So I don't think it deconfirms him. If you don't want to click on Link or video, here was his response
He wouldn't know either way. He's been gone from KT for a long time now.

So instead of throwing Marvel under the bus, he decided to jump in front of one himself by saying blatant lies.
Yeah. That's literally what PR's job is.

Better to take the hit yourself, that make Disney take the hit and have them never work with Capcom again.

It IS Smash 6. Sakurai said so himself.
Sakurai's wrong.

Can you count?
Yep.

I guess Street Fighter V is actually, like Street Fighter 82 then?

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I wasn't actively predicting Sephiroth, but I do remember saying that it would make Sense for 2nd Reps from 3rd Party franchises to be DLC, considering that they would be appealing to people already playing the game, and you need some of that in DLC. Sephiroth was an option, but my biggest hiccup was whether he'd be worth the high licensing of FF7. He's Iconic, but Goku and Kratos are Iconic yet they aren't in. He was in my Top 15 of characters to be in

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Kiryu being kept out of fighting games because of his respect for women becomes more hilarious the more I think about it. The dude is literally a criminal! Also can you imagine Sakurai asking Nagoshi if he can have Kiryu in Smash, just for Nagoshi to be like “No. Take Ichiban. He’s the one who beats women.”

Pillow

Smash Lord
Kiryu being kept out of fighting games because of his respect for women becomes more hilarious the more I think about it. The dude is literally a criminal! Also can you imagine Sakurai asking Nagoshi if he can have Kiryu in Smash, just for Nagoshi to be like “No. Take Ichiban. He’s the one who beats women.”
Kiryu was always pretty bad at being a criminal tbh. But so is Ichiban. Dudes are out here beating up other criminals, saving women, and giving money to poor communities. If we were to get a Yakuza rep, and it absolutely couldn’t be Kiryu, I’d be kind of torn on if Ichiban or Majima would be the better pick.

Polan

Smash Lord
i was gonna link to rogersbase ff7 remake prediction for the folks that say that no one saw sephiroth coming but he uh made it members only so dunno.
anyway sol badguy is absolutely getting in smash bros ultimate, not debating this one.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Kiryu was always pretty bad at being a criminal tbh. But so is Ichiban. Dudes are out here beating up other criminals, saving women, and giving money to poor communities. If we were to get a Yakuza rep, and it absolutely couldn’t be Kiryu, I’d be kind of torn on if Ichiban or Majima would be the better pick.
E8FD47C9-277A-4B73-B81F-C760E158080D.jpeg

I’ve only just started Like A Dragon, but I can already tell that Ichiban is just as bad as Kiryu at being a crime man. Also I personally think that Majima would be the most fun in Smash. All four of his fighting styles in Yakuza 0 are amazing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom