• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
The only thing more doubtful than Sora in Marvel vs Capcom, is there being another Marvel vs Capcom.
The only way I see there being no Marvel vs Capcom is if Capcom thinks Marvel/Disney is too unreasonable to work with these days. Infinite may have flopped a little, but I don't think it was enough to kill the franchise forever. Plus it's gameplay was Awesome

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
This is obviously coming from someone with a huge weakness for the genre, but given how many good platformers DIsney made back in the day, I find myself wishing they could do the same with them again, perhaps utilizing Sora in them specifically because the mass appeal he has. Maybe the potential success of Balan Wonderworld will get Square Enix further invested in the genre going forward.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This is obviously coming from someone with a huge weakness for the genre, but given how many good platformers DIsney made back in the day, I find myself wishing they could do the same with them again, perhaps utilizing Sora in them specifically because the mass appeal he has. Maybe the potential success of Balan Wonderworld will get Square Enix further invested in the genre going forward.
Ey C chocolatejr9 we’ve got another one in our ranks :shades:

but yeah also now would be a good time for some Wonderworld-posting I actually had a dream I was playing it once

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The only way I see there being no Marvel vs Capcom is if Capcom thinks Marvel/Disney is too unreasonable to work with these days. Infinite may have flopped a little, but I don't think it was enough to kill the franchise forever. Plus it's gameplay was Awesome
And being fair, I'm pretty sure the dev team of Infinite is to blame for all the bad parts of the game, not Disney.

Or at the very least, if it wasn't the devs, what they said to cover up was pathetic because some of their explanations made no sense, like X-Men being "too obscure" for Infinite's roster (despite the Logan movie doing really well that same year) or that Doom was redundant because many others had 8-way dashes.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
And being fair, I'm pretty sure the dev team of Infinite is to blame for all the bad parts of the game, not Disney.

Or at the very least, if it wasn't the devs, what they said to cover up was pathetic because some of their explanations made no sense, like X-Men being "too obscure" for Infinite's roster (despite the Logan movie doing really well that same year) or that Doom was redundant because many others had 8-way dashes.
X-men? Too “obscure”? WHEN THEYVE BEEN THE FOUNDATION OF MVC AND WERE EVEN THE BASIS OF ITS PREDECESSOR X-MEN VS STREET FIGHTER???

bruh

while I’m at it where tf is Deadpool

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Ey C chocolatejr9 we’ve got another one in our ranks :shades:

but yeah also now would be a good time for some Wonderworld-posting I actually had a dream I was playing it once
One of us! One of us!

Anyway, one good thing about the Balan Wonderworld Twitter is that it acknowledges fanart.

7NATOR

Smash Master

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
X-men? Too “obscure”? WHEN THEYVE BEEN THE FOUNDATION OF MVC AND WERE EVEN THE BASIS OF ITS PREDECESSOR X-MEN VS STREET FIGHTER???

bruh

And this is why competitive players aren't always the best people to pick when it comes to directing a fighting game,

Sure, they could do good stuff, and Combofiend sure managed to make a really sick gameplay... but it's pretty clear that while he's a MvC fan, he's not as passionate about the two companies the crossover is made of as he is towards the game itself, which definitely hurt Infinite's casual appeal to the point of not having any.

Or at least that's just my theory.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Honestly just wish people would stop asking devs about Smash at this point, I’m not ready to have arguments about whether or not Hayabusa is disconfirmed and what “NDA” entails for the next few months.

My stance is that this doesn’t really impact anything. The answer is as simple as “he could be, it’d be cool” which is about as general as it gets.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
And this is why competitive players aren't always the best people to pick when it comes to directing a fighting game,

Sure, they could do good stuff, and Combofiend sure managed to make a really sick gameplay... but it's pretty clear that while he's a MvC fan, he's not as passionate about the two companies the crossover is made of as he is towards the game itself, which definitely hurt Infinite's casual appeal to the point of not having any.

Personally I don't think he wanted to say that Mageneto was just an 8 Way function that you can get with Ultron, but Perhaps disney didn't want to look bad, so he didn't say the real reason and such

it was still kind of a Bull reason though

Um... how is it vague? He's basically saying he'd like Hayabusa in Smash.
Vague as in it's not a Detailed response that makes it seem like Ryu isn't in the game. Pretty much this response is not the type of response the Doom creators or the Overwatch people gave

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Personally I don't think he wanted to say that Mageneto was just an 8 Way function that you can get with Ultron, but Perhaps disney didn't want to look bad, so he didn't say the real reason and such

it was still kind of a Bull reason though
Looking at the roster, Combofiend should've just said what we were all thinking; Disney wanted the Marvel side to be MCU-focused to advertise the movies.

It'd probably get backlash, but at least the explanation would, y'know, make sense!

SharkLord

Smash Hero

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

I dunno about that. Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite's "big draw" was its story mode, and a lot of resources went into that. Even some of the roster picks were made because of it. Probably the most biased pick on the roster is Spencer, the rest is kind of just corporate meddlings.

Looking at the roster, Combofiend should've just said what we were all thinking; Disney wanted the Marvel side to be MCU-focused to advertise the movies.

It'd probably get backlash, but at least the explanation would, y'know, make sense!
The problem is that throwing companies involved in a crossover title under the buss is a bad idea.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The problem is that throwing companies involved in a crossover title under the buss is a bad idea.
So instead of throwing Marvel under the bus, he decided to jump in front of one himself by saying blatant lies.

Because how the **** are X-Men obsure on the same year of the Logan movie? And the first Deadpool movie did well enough to keep up with MCU movies at the time despite its R rating.

And really, he could've worded the MCU focus in a way that made it sound positive, so it wouldn't really be throwing them under the bus more than it would be angry fans being angry.

But then again, we wouldn't have had this...

...if Combofiend didn't spit bull**** :4pacman:

I dunno about that. Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite's "big draw" was its story mode, and a lot of resources went into that. Even some of the roster picks were made because of it. Probably the most biased pick on the roster is Spencer, the rest is kind of just corporate meddlings.
Oh yeah, Spencer is probably biased because he was one of Combofiend's mains in Marvel 3, iirc.

Still, I feel it was more the convenience of having less work to do since there's a lot of recycling from the previous game roster-wise.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So instead of throwing Marvel under the bus, he decided to jump in front of one himself by saying blatant lies.

Because how the **** are X-Men obsure on the same year of the Logan movie? And the first Deadpool movie did well enough to keep up with MCU movies at the time despite its R rating.

And really, he could've worded it in a way that made it sound positive.
Well he's not really a dedicated PR person and he was probably put on the spot quite a lot, so it could just be the best thing he could have come up with. I mean, I'd probably come up with something stupid too.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I’m still salty Infinite didn’t have Phoenix Wright

he was the major reason I got into UMvC3
He was probably trying to defend the X-Men in Court on why they should be in Marvel Infinite despite the whole thing with Fox, but after Disney managed to win anyways, he'd probably retired in disgust that Infinite could throw out the Backbone of the MVC Roster

or at least that's my Headcanon. I'm sure he'll be in the Next Marvel vs Capcom

Asking Itagaki about Ryu Hayabusa is like asking Kamiya about Dante.

They don't know ** about ** about the goings on of their old creations.
Sakurai might have consulted with them because they are the OG Creators of the characters, and perhaps if they want to implement that characters the best they can, or perhaps have some Old references, than yes

Though he doesn't have to do that though Legally

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Basically MvC I was the last major vestige of Capcom's dork age period. They had already righted Resident Evil, were about to go huge with Monster Hunter World, and brought Mega Man back the following year. Marvel vs. Capcom is one of the few major franchises that still needs its big comeback title like the aforementioned games were.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Sakurai might have consulted with them because they are the OG Creators of the characters, and perhaps if they want to implement that characters the best they can, or perhaps have some Old references, than yes

Though he doesn't have to do that though Legally
Now you're just making up theories that have no basis in anything.

Neither of them would be consulted because neither of them have any connections to their creations. Any references made don't require contacting the original creator (in Itagaki's case, an adaptation of the character). Using resigned ex-developers as a basis for any sort of speculation is frankly, ridiculous.

If you take anything from their comments, take things like this.
1611542999430.png

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Now you're just making up theories that have no basis in anything.

Neither of them would be consulted because neither of them have any connections to their creations. Any references made don't require contacting the original creator (in Itagaki's case, an adaptation of the character). Using resigned ex-developers as a basis for any sort of speculation is frankly, ridiculous.

If you take anything from their comments, take things like this.
View attachment 300478
I think they mean he would contact them to more accurately represent the characters

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

bruh

Deadpool debuted in X-Men, putting him under that umbrella. Pretty much Disney wanted to only promote characters in the MCU, so they nixed any characters owned by Fox or Sony outside of Spider-Man & Venom due to their popularity and Spider-Man being in the MCU..at least that's the common belief..since we do know that Disney meddled in MvC3 similarly, saying Shuma Gorath could only be included as DLC..hence he and Jill being DLC characters.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Y'all remember when Sora's guy retweeted something about wanting Sora in Smash and everyone hyped it up to hell, right? Y'all see Sora in the game?

1611544507882.png

That's all I gotta say about the Hayabusa stuff.

This is some "technically Ultimate is Smash 6" **** right here. :p
Can you count?

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
This will kick of a whole new series of interviews where creators no longer involved with their IP's will give generic answers to Smash inclusion:

Can Tails get into Smash?

Yuji Naka: I mean, that would be cool I guess.

What are Crash's chances for the second fighter's pass?

Jason Rubin: I don't know, 50/50?

Will we be seeing Zero playable in Smash soon?

Keiji Inafune: Don't have a clue, but have you heard of a little project called Red Ash?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom