• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

CrashBandicootFan1

Smash Cadet
I hope we get Crash Bandicoot's sister (Coco) as an Echo/Alt or whatever the hell it would fall under seeing how they have identical movesets, But I would imagine the base/skeletal structure used for Crash Bandicoot would probably make things a kind of complicated.

It would be cool if the Smash team can make it happen.

Getting Crash Bandicoot would be the delicious "Whoa" of a cake and Coco would be the Wumpa fruit on top.

If Crash & Coco(If Crash is getting an Echo Fighter in his Fighter Pack) get into Smash Ultimate what Design would they be in? N.Sane Trilogy? Or Crash 4: It's About Time?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Digimon is a game first. The games have very inconsistent quality as is. The anime is simply more famous(due to overall having better quality too).

It actually is a pretty massive franchise, having nearly as many unique media items as Pokemon does(not total number, just the specific types of media; Manga, anime, games, virtual pets, etc.) I think Pokemon has an actual Comic, where Digimon never did, which is about the only real difference in media types I can think of.

Anyway, as for the "Characters from only 6 franchises";

• Shadow(echo or not)
  • Urshifu(as a tag out mechanic, similar to Pokemon Trainer, but just both formes)
  • Toad
  • Arle
  • Bandanna Waddle Dee
  • Brian(Quest 64)
...I know barely anyone from Puyo Puyo, so. Hard to make another choice. I couldn't actually think of many other Pokemon choices I really really want at the time. Runner ups are Meowth and Genesect, though. Lower on the totem pole is Gardevoir and Deoxys. As for Meowth, being a part of Team Rocket as the full character sounds good too~

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Another little game:
My picks are:
  1. Eggman
  2. Cinderace
  3. King Boo
  4. Arle
  5. Bandana Dee
  6. Either Sora or Crash
1: A Chao. I think they have a lot of potential to be an interesting character. Different alignments, color and affinity combinations could be the alternate costumes.

2: Gengar. It would be like Pokken, only in Smash. :p

3: Dry Bowser. While I think he could be an echo,I also think he could havea pretty unique moveset, without just feeling like aa lighter more projectile heavy Bowser. Plus he looks cool.

4: I literally had to look up what this series even is so Arle.

5: Initially I want Marx, but I think he boss fight is so good I cant see it really translating any better as a fighter, so instead lets go with Bandana Waddle Dee since we have very few spear using movesets.

6: Fury of N'Zoth. Because N'Zoth, God of the Deep, is a bit to big for Smash as a playable character, but Nyalotha would make a wonderful stage and this is as close to a playable Old God as I could realistically imagine without going the Marvel vs Capcom route with Shuma Gorath. If we went hat route Yogg-Saron would make a better playable character anyway.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Take a look at Jedah in that game and tell me they weren't really passionate when making the guy.

I realize it's probably the one exception, but goddammit, he's such a shining diamond in the rough that I gotta mention him.
Oh, I'm not implying that the new characters aren't cool. And Jedah was one of the best additions. I'm just talking series-wise, where Tatsunoko and Marvel 3 added quite a lot of new series that didn't have a playable rep in a VS. Capcom game while Infinite only had......1, which was Monster Hunter. Who is cool to see in. But like:
-Tatsunoko gave us Dead Rising, Onimusha, Lost Planet, Viewtiful Joe, the Megaman X series and Quiz Nanairo Dreams, as well as Rival Schools for those who didn't play the SNK VS. Capcom games.
-Marvel vs Capcom 3 gave us Ghosts'n Goblins, Okami, Bionic Commando, Devil May Cry and Final Fight(once again, if you didn't play the SNK/Capcom games), and Ultimate gave Gargoyle's Quest/Demon's Crest and Phoenix Wright.

I mean, if there was one thing that was cool about those games, it was how representative and surprisingly diverse they were in terms of Capcom franchises. Heck, Tatsunoko gets bonus points for having a character from a practically unknown Quiz/Dating Sim-hybrid game. I definitely understand that Infinite had alot of problems with development and it was nice to see Monster Hunter get in and Jedah was awesome, but the overall roster, in terms of series, still felt a bit too safe.

And now back to wanting a Capcom-only Versus Fighting game.

cothero

Smash Lord
Another little game:
My picks are:
  1. Eggman
  2. Cinderace
  3. King Boo
  4. Arle
  5. Bandana Dee
  6. Either Sora or Crash
1. Shadow
2. Gengar (i ****ing love this Mon)
3. Paper Mario, of course
4. Arle (cuz i only know her from PP)
5. Bandana Dee makes sense
6. Scorpion

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Well this is interesting.....
Nah.

I remember how here in my gaming shop you were able to pre-order games like FFVII Remake, Kingdom Hearts 3 or Last of Us 2... like 1-2 years before of their release, even if those games didn't even had an official release date at the moment. Sometimes retailers are just like this.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Another little game:
My picks are:
  1. Eggman
  2. Cinderace
  3. King Boo
  4. Arle
  5. Bandana Dee
  6. Either Sora or Crash
Sonic: Blaze, because why not
Pokemon: Bisharp
Mario: Fawful
Puyo Puyo: Arla
Kirby: Marx
Literaly your most wanted: Reimu Hakurei

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sonic: Dr. Eggman
Pokemon: Cynthia w/ Garchomp, Spiritomb, and Milotic
Mario: King Boo I guess...
Puyo Puyo: Arle Nadja
Kirby: Bandana Dee
Literaly your most wanted: Amaterasu or Phoenix Wright

If Crash & Coco(If Crash is getting an Echo Fighter in his Fighter Pack) get into Smash Ultimate what Design would they be in? N.Sane Trilogy? Or Crash 4: It's About Time?
I'd imagine the trilogy. Their Crash 4 designs don't share a similar enough skeleton. Crash is basically a triangle standing on a point and Coco's a triangle standing on its base.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I hope we get Crash Bandicoot's sister (Coco) as an Echo/Alt or whatever the hell it would fall under seeing how they have identical movesets, But I would imagine the base/skeletal structure used for Crash Bandicoot would probably make things a kind of complicated.
That's why I see Fake Crash being an alt for Crash being more likely and more fitting. Coco could potentially work if they pack her in as a bonus echo, but I suppose there's no telling what could happen at this point.

I gave up caring about what could happen a looong time ago.

7NATOR

Smash Master
- I hope we get at least one Substantial Single Player Mode, like WOL Expansion, Smash Run, or even just Boss Rush. DLC Characters are cool, but Adding more modes increases the value of not just the game, but of the DLC Characters as well

-I think we might get a Final Smash Broadcast in June, where we might get our Final 2 Newcomers. June is also the 3rd anniversary of the Official reveal of Smash Ultimate (March would be the 3rd anniversary of the teaser)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
-I think we might get a Final Smash Broadcast in June, where we might get our Final 2 Newcomers. June is also the 3rd anniversary of the Official reveal of Smash Ultimate (March would be the 3rd anniversary of the teaser)
I think the last DLC fighter will be announced in September honestly. Comes close to its placeholder of December 31st, 2021.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think the last DLC fighter will be announced in September honestly. Comes close to its placeholder of December 31st, 2021.
At this point, I think at worst the last character will Release in September. At the rate they are pumping out these characters, It really does feel like the December date was just extra insurance and a Far placeholder. It's better to be safe in case something catastrophic happens and just say the deadline is December

While Covid has been affecting things, when it comes to Smash it hasn't seem to Affect things as badly as we might assume. Sakurai even stated that he's lucky he's only doing DLC, since there's nowhere as much to develop with DLC as there is with a Whole game.

As such, I think September is the latest we might get the last character, But I could see the last 2 at least revealed in June, with at least one coming also in June

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I can see it going either way, N.Sane Trilogy was likely the most present and available if Nintendo already had struck a deal with Activision, But then again if "It's About Time" was already in the works for a couple of years then Activision could have already provided Nintendo with a 3D model or some assets for Smash, If they wanted to promote his latest design and game.

I like both, But honestly Crash 4's "It's About Time" model is superior to N.Sane's and they really nailed the design and I believe is the "Definitive" Crash Bandicoot.

"N.Sane Trilogy"

crash_bandicoot_n_sane_trilogy_render__1_crash_by_mrinkdemonyt_dd6o177-fullview.png

"It's About Time"

efy2hxbxgaatmp-.png

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
That's way too soon for the last fighter.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Feel more like October but it depends on when the next two are and if they stick to 3 months apart for each. Though with how smashboards is predicting march it could line up for september
The reason we're predicting a March reveal isn't the convenient timing of us getting a reveal every three months, but rather that a new character often coincides with a new amiibo wave, as the two are often a few days apart.

Min Min is the sole exception due to not having had amiibo come out around the time of her release, but by that point, all the base game roster and Plant had an amiibo, so talking about Pass 1 amiibo during her presentation felt like a natural possibility... which is exactly what happened.

EDIT: Forgot Sephiroth, but point still stands

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Translation by Google: Released today at "Balloon Fight" NES in 1985 !! The arcade version is coming out a little earlier, although the time is near.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Translation by Google: Released today at "Balloon Fight" NES in 1985 !! The arcade version is coming out a little earlier, although the time is near.

A classic from the arcade days when companies just blatantly copied each others' ideas.

Not like today when th-

Oh, right. Never mind.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So what do you guys think. Last reveal as a double in June or presumably September-October?

I'm still leaning towards the latter.
I mean... a double reveal in June doesn't stop the last fighter from coming out in September-October, so it could really go either way.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean... a double reveal in June doesn't stop the last fighter from coming out in September-October, so it could really go either way.
True, I overlooked that given Hero and Banjo.

Man, once the DLC era ends, its gonna be a total bloodbath, if just one reveal though, folks will be getting at each others throats for sure over the last character and their most wanted.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I’ve seen a couple people mention that we’re “over the hype bump” when it comes to characters. But I’m going to offer a counter point that I’ve noticed.

Excluding echoes, the base roster turned out to be:
:ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultincineroar:
& the first round of DLC turned out to be:
:ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultbylethf:

I’d say Ridley/Belmont/K Rool & Joker/Hero/Banjo were the hype bringers of their groups, while the others were more lowkey choices*. So that’s about a 50/50 ratio, so by that logic we’d have one more bigger/hype bringing character left. Obviously that doesn’t narrow it down, but it’s interesting to note.

The first two groups had their bigger characters all revealed in a row, but I think that might change in FP2 due to FP2 being planned to cover two E3s.

*I know Inkling was a super popular request, but she was also one of the most obvious additions in Smash history so I’m not counting her with the others lol

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So what do you guys think. Last reveal as a double in June or presumably September-October?

I'm still leaning towards the latter.
If they intend to release the final character around September then a double reveal in June could work, though it would still be contingent on them wanting to have a big direct around then. If they intend to release it closer to the end of the year, then it's pretty unlikely.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
True, I overlooked that given Hero and Banjo.

Man, once the DLC era ends, its gonna be a total bloodbath, if just one reveal though, folks will be getting at each others throats for sure over the last character and their most wanted.
Which would be a good reason why a double reveal would be the best case scenario.

We'd already know how it ends rather than having to kill each other like we did last year for the end Pass 1.

Last edited:

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
Another little game:
My picks are:
  1. Eggman
  2. Cinderace
  3. King Boo
  4. Arle
  5. Bandana Dee
  6. Either Sora or Crash
1. Eggman
2. Original Elite Four (Works like Pokemon Trainer but with four pokemon for each member, would be super hard to develop I'm sure)
3. Paper Mario
4. Arle or Amitie
5. Adeleine
6. Phoenix Wright

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
A double revealed happened in the final smash direct in 4 in December with Corrin and Bayonetta being released in February.

I'm actually predicting a double reveal for 10 and 11 in June with 11 coming out much later in August/September.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom