• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Excellent taste 👌

disregarding my status as the resident Elma Stan I wish people would talk about Zeke more. God I just love how comically over the top he is
He'd be the absolute most anime-like character in terms of moveset because his special and Final Smash names would all be mouthfuls.

ULTRA LIGHTNING FURY SLASH MAX!

And I'm totally fine with that :laugh:

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
He'd be the absolute most anime-like character in terms of moveset because his special and Final Smash names would all be mouthfuls.

ULTRA LIGHTNING FURY SLASH MAX!
Cant wait to go "ULTRA LIGHTNING FU-OVERLOAD THU-STRATOSPHERI-YAH!

Off topic but how do I get the black and white background on the site back
Just play The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel. That'll get things greyscale in no time.

EDIT: OK I should probably give you a serious answer here. There doesn't appear to be a greyscale option at the moment. Smashboards Classic turns the characters on the sides greyscale but they also don't scroll properly. Not sure if that'd be a positive or a negative for you.
EDIT EDIT: Also the links are all a golden yellow color. Kinda spiffy but not really my thing.

Last edited:
Hey, here's a game for y'all: If you could get a different character from your most wanted character's series, who would you choose? (You can't actually choose your most wanted, to be clear. It has to be another character from their series.)
This is surprisingly easy for me, as my most wanted don't have much of a shot in the first place.

• Bravely Default (Magnolia): I'm going to say Yew, mostly because he would bring a muskateer aesthetic, and that's not super common. Not that he'd get in over the others either.
  • Mega Man (Zero): Probably Sigma, for variety's sake.
  • Banner Saga (Rook): There's a big giant (varl, technically) named Iver who would be neat. He might have "too big" problems, though.
  • Kirby (Bandana Dee): I don't actually know the series that well, so I'll say Magalor because I know he'd make a bunch of people happy.
  • Tales of (Ludger): I'd actually go for Jude Mathis second. I talk about Yuri more, but Jude's one of my favorite protagonists of the games I'm familiar with. I just think Ludger would be more interesting gameplay-wise.
  • Golden Sun (Isaac): In Dark Dawn there's a pirate named Eoleo who has a bit of a Roman soldier aesthetic. He'd be neat.
  • Xenoblade (Jin): I would probably go with a fully unique Malos. He's a cool villain.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Hey, here's a game for y'all: If you could get a different character from your most wanted character's series, who would you choose? (You can't actually choose your most wanted, to be clear. It has to be another character from their series.)

I'll go first, since it's only fair.
  • Paper Mario: I think on this one I'd have to go with a partner from TTYD. (Technically, I guess I could choose any Mario character, but it's more in the spirit of things to pick from the subseries.) For me, it's between Goombella, Vivian, and Bobbery. I guess I'll go with Vivian due to plot relevance.
  • Eggman: After Sonic, there's a lot of options for the second character to include - so while Eggman is first in line in my opinion, I would be perfectly happy with Shadow.
  • Rhythm Heaven character: This one's cheating. Nobody can agree on which RH character should get in anyway.
  • Chibi-Robo: This one is gonna be easier for me than you might think. I'm going with the Queen Spydor, final (and only) boss of the first game. Something I love about the original Chibi-Robo is that despite (or maybe because of) its goofy day-to-day casual vibe, it still manages to have a whole bunch of big moments... y'know, like fighting the Queen on the ceiling of the living room. You'd have to make up a lot of her moveset, but she's a quadrupedal spider-thing with web attacks. That's moveset gold right there.
  • Maxwell: Uh... Lily. From Unlimited. I guess she would play exactly like Maxwell would, but there aren't a lot of options here.
  • Amaterasu: Well, this is a tricky one, but I thought about it and... yeah, definitely Orochi. I don't care if he's too big and eight-headed, Orochi looks cool as heck.
Alright then. I'll give it a go!

• Axel Stone: Blaze Fielding, easy pick.
  • Sgt. Cortez: Nope, can't be done. he's irreplaceab- R-110
Eat my Laser!

R110.gif

SKX31

Smash Master

• Paper Mario: I think on this one I'd have to go with a partner from TTYD. (Technically, I guess I could choose any Mario character, but it's more in the spirit of things to pick from the subseries.) For me, it's between Goombella, Vivian, and Bobbery. I guess I'll go with Vivian due to plot relevance.
  • Eggman: After Sonic, there's a lot of options for the second character to include - so while Eggman is first in line in my opinion, I would be perfectly happy with Shadow.
  • Rhythm Heaven character: This one's cheating. Nobody can agree on which RH character should get in anyway.
  • Chibi-Robo: This one is gonna be easier for me than you might think. I'm going with the Queen Spydor, final (and only) boss of the first game. Something I love about the original Chibi-Robo is that despite (or maybe because of) its goofy day-to-day casual vibe, it still manages to have a whole bunch of big moments... y'know, like fighting the Queen on the ceiling of the living room. You'd have to make up a lot of her moveset, but she's a quadrupedal spider-thing with web attacks. That's moveset gold right there.
  • Maxwell: Uh... Lily. From Unlimited. I guess she would play exactly like Maxwell would, but there aren't a lot of options here.
  • Amaterasu: Well, this is a tricky one, but I thought about it and... yeah, definitely Orochi. I don't care if he's too big and eight-headed, Orochi looks cool as heck.
For me, I'm gunning for a different suggestion.

This slippery *******:

1610739492342.jpeg

Yeah, one of my favorite games is Dota 2, and as unlikely as that game is, man I'd love Morphling. Reasons why include (my personal bias will shine here):

* It's a ****ing Water Elemental. That's good enough reason by itself. Unique right out of the gate.

* Dota 2 follows the classical Strength-Agility-Intelligence stat distribution. Morphling (classified as an Agility hero foremost) can just decide to transfer his Strength into Agility and vice versa.* Really quickly. Meaning that one moment it's as light as Pichu / Sephiroth and blowing the opponent up with really strong attacks and spells (although susceptible to being blown up itself). A couple seconds later it could be as heavy as (or heavier than) Bowser... sure, it deals practically no damage in that form, but it's really bloody difficult to kill and can his primary burst spell - Adaptive Strike - now stuns for a long time. Smash could balance this out a bit further by having Strength morph be really susceptible off stage.

* It's got said burst spell Adaptive Strike (does damage based on Agility, stuns whether in Strength morph) and Waveform as additional damage / escape option.

* Can copy other characters's forms like Shadow Mario. I'm not sure if it ever will be feasible (chances are no), but creating sudden mirror matches would be insanely fun in Smash. Morphling's copying does have a time limit and cooldown, but if he copies Mario he can swap between the forms at will while he still has the form copied. Morphling doesn't get an additional health bar when it copies someone (it was redonkolous when it did get that, but that was patched out).

* Dota 2's lore is very much in the background, but it portrays Morphling as a stone cold ************:

For dark eons the comet circled. Held in thrall to a distant sun, bound by gravity’s inexorable pull, the massive ball of ice careened through the blackness between worlds, made strange by its dark journey. On the eve of the ancient war of the Vloy, it punched down through the sky and lit a glowing trail across the night, a sign both armies took for an omen. The frozen ball melted in a flash of boiling heat, as below two forces enjoined in battle across the border of a narrow river. Thus freed from its icy stasis, the Morphling was born into conflict, an elemental power at one with the tides of the ocean, capricious and unconstrained. He entered the fight, instinctively taking the form of the first general who dared set foot across the water, and then struck him dead. As the motley warriors clashed, he shifted from form to form throughout the battle, instantly absorbing the ways of these strange creatures--now a footsoldier, now an archer, now the cavalryman--until, by the time the last soldier fell, Morphling had played every part. The battle's end was his beginning.
So yeah, that's why I want this character in, despite this elemental being infamous. It is a great example of my lean towards gameplay, and the potential to create new crazy scenarios.

(*He can't transfer Intelligence, but that's probably because Dota 2 has other heroes that can screw around with Intelligence.)

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace

Very well.
Reimu/Touhou: The obvious answer is Marisa, but my answer is Sakuya, as she's my favorite character in Touhou, in fact she's just my favorite character as a whole.
Demi-Fiend/SMT: Raidou if he counts (as he is in Nocturne after all, even if he's not from mainline SMT), but otherwise Aleph since I really like both a lot as MegaTen protags.
Sora/Kingdom Hearts: Roxas, because he's tied with Sora for my favorite KH character. If he doesn't count because well, he's Sora's nobody and this would be for characters with different movesets, then Ventus.
Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth. Who else, after all? Sure, Apollo would be nice if Nick is impossible, but Edgeworth is just too good.
Rayman: Globox, he would be pretty funny to have.
Midna: Skull Kid, since he's my second most wanted Zelda character.
Marx/Kirby: Bandana Dee, because of course.
Dante/DMC: Vergil, for similar reasons as to why I took Edgeworth as a stand in for Phoenix Wright instead of Apollo.
Akira Howard/Astral Chain: Jena, since I find her to be a really cool vilain.
2B/Nier/Drakengard: 9S or A2 would both be cool.

And funnily enough, Sephiroth was my second most wanted FF rep after Tidus, and a new FF rep was in my top 10 before, well, Sephiroth got revealed.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

• Adol - Dana. She has as much of a role as Adol does in Ys VIII, if not more. Seeing as Ys VIII was my first Ys game and one of my favorite games in general, I'm practically obligated to rep the game. Plus, ice powers, deal-wielding, and stance swapping can be pretty cool.
  • Bandana Dee - Magolor. After Bandana Dee, he's the next most prominent Kirby character. It's be cool to see how they make him; Between his floating, magic, and portals, he could be a unique, tricky fighter to contrast with the more straightforward movesets of the other Kirby characters.
  • Klonoa - Guntz. He seems to be the Shadow of the series, and he'd have an easier moveset than, say, Huepow or Lolo, who just reside in Klonoa's Wind Ring.
  • Reimu - Reisen's one of my favorites, and her insanity-inducing abilities could be represented with some weird %$#@ery like doppelgangers. sudden teleports, and fakeouts. Plus, the two different fighting games give her there own unique gimmicks; The ground fighters give her potions that enhance her power but will explode if she drinks too much, and in the air fighters she has a gun.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Chorus kids: well this one is easy because like you said, there's no main character in the first place. I'd just go with Tibby because I think he's funny and he's the closest to a "main character" the franchise have.
Porky: Definitely Masked man. You could make a case for Ninten, but I never really cared about him personally.
Phoenix Wright: Okay this one is a bit harder, although I have to give it to Edgeworth for being such an important character and having his own sub-series. He could probably have pretty much the same moveset as Wright so it's not really a big deal.
Prof Layton: Katrielle Layton. I actually know nothing about her (never played her games), but she's a Layton and also have her own games so I guess it would be a good rep for the franchise. Also more female fighter would be great. Like Edgeworth, I guess that she would fight kind of in a similar way.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
For me, I'm gunning for a different suggestion.

This slippery *******:

View attachment 299389

Yeah, one of my favorite games is Dota 2, and as unlikely as that game is, man I'd love Morphling. Reasons why include (my personal bias will shine here):

* It's a ****ing Water Elemental. That's good enough reason by itself. Unique right out of the gate.

* Dota 2 follows the classical Strength-Agility-Intelligence stat distribution. Morphling (classified as an Agility hero foremost) can just decide to transfer his Strength into Agility and vice versa.* Really quickly. Meaning that one moment it's as light as Pichu / Sephiroth and blowing the opponent up with really strong attacks and spells (although susceptible to being blown up itself). A couple seconds later it could be as heavy as (or heavier than) Bowser... sure, it deals practically no damage in that form, but it's really bloody difficult to kill and can his primary burst spell - Adaptive Strike - now stuns for a long time. Smash could balance this out a bit further by having Strength morph be really susceptible off stage.

* It's got said burst spell Adaptive Strike (does damage based on Agility, stuns whether in Strength morph) and Waveform as additional damage / escape option.

* Can copy other characters's forms like Shadow Mario. I'm not sure if it ever will be feasible (chances are no), but creating sudden mirror matches would be insanely fun in Smash. Morphling's copying does have a time limit and cooldown, but if he copies Mario he can swap between the forms at will while he still has the form copied. Morphling doesn't get an additional health bar when it copies someone (it was redonkolous when it did get that, but that was patched out).

* Dota 2's lore is very much in the background, but it portrays Morphling as a stone cold ************:

So yeah, that's why I want this character in, despite this elemental being infamous. It is a great example of my lean towards gameplay, and the potential to create new crazy scenarios.

(*He can't transfer Intelligence, but that's probably because Dota 2 has other heroes that can screw around with Intelligence.)
Inkling: Worried woomy

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
  • Adol - Dana. She has as much of a role as Adol does in Ys VIII, if not more. Seeing as Ys VIII was my first Ys game and one of my favorite games in general, I'm practically obligated to rep the game. Plus, ice powers, deal-wielding, and stance swapping can be pretty cool.
  • Bandana Dee - Magolor. After Bandana Dee, he's the next most prominent Kirby character. It's be cool to see how they make him; Between his floating, magic, and portals, he could be a unique, tricky fighter to contrast with the more straightforward movesets of the other Kirby characters.
  • Klonoa - Guntz. He seems to be the Shadow of the series, and he'd have an easier moveset than, say, Huepow or Lolo, who just reside in Klonoa's Wind Ring.
  • Reimu - Reisen's one of my favorites, and her insanity-inducing abilities could be represented with some weird %$#@ery like doppelgangers. sudden teleports, and fakeouts. Plus, the two different fighting games give her there own unique gimmicks; The ground fighters give her potions that enhance her power but will explode if she drinks too much, and in the air fighters she has a gun.
So what you're saying is, for Reisen's Neutral Special, she wields a gun?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Can copy other characters's forms like Shadow Mario. I'm not sure if it ever will be feasible (chances are no), but creating sudden mirror matches would be insanely fun in Smash.
I don't see why it wouldn't be. The characters are already loaded in so they'd theoretically just have to pop in another instance of one with the current its current percent and probably a special pallet swap.

Then again that's probably how transforming characters have always worked so maybe that's a bit more intensive than it sounds.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I was absent, but I saw some topics I wanted to comment on

What if Krystal was in FP2?

I think she'd be interesting from a moveset standpoint. Not only does she have Ice Powers and a staff, but she also has access to arterially. In SSF2, she uses a Sniper rifle and it's really fun to snipe people from across the stage. if there's anything like that than that would be cool

Also I would say she's popular from Star fox because of her character (as divisive as it is). I would say people being horny does help her popularity, but to be honest People can't want characters or like them for any reasons, and I guess concerning Smash, some people want their favorite characters, some people want that and more sexiness and such

How do you feel about Rex & Pyra, Eggman, and Crash?

They are characters. none of them would get me that super excited, and Eggman would make me a little sad it's not Shadow, but he does have that personality. Crash I'm definitely the least interested in, since I think he would just be really basic to be honest, though if they play up the looney tunes aspect of Crash it could be interesting

I'd be invested in how they do their moveset and how they would make them work. How will the incorporate the Tagging/Partner mechanic of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. How would they make Eggman feel like a boss in a balanced fashion in Smash

Lara Croft in Smash?

She definitely has the merits and I think should be in eventually, even if I'm personally not interested in her

I do think Lara is kind of looked at in a Similar fashion as something like GTA, with them being too grounded for many to be interested in her, especially since she doesn't have the biggest connection with Nintendo audiences. I just think honestly, there are other Iconic and/or Wanted characters that just have more obviously and/or more translatable moveset qualities than Lara, that despite her Iconic status she might just keep on being on the backburner.

What other Character from your Most wanted Series would you want

Sonic: If not Shadow, I'd actually prefer Silver. He has a Slick design, Personality is different from Sonic and Shadow in that Silver is straight to the point (like Trunks) but also inexperienced and young, and his Abilities would be interesting to put into a whole moveset (I also wonder how they'd balance it).

From the Main 4 candidates for Another Sonic character, It would be Knuckles. Knuckles is just cool and he Rocks (and Raps)

I would be heavily down with Metal Sonic, Chaos 0, Mephiles, Infinite, since All of them would also have interesting mechanics and are just cool Villains and such

Eggman is alright, but I'm not banking on him honestly. I just wonder how they'd work his moveset. Tails is the character I'm the least interested in, and If Shadow is not the character that gets added in, I just hope it's not Tails, though if they made him a Grappler that would be interesting

Dragon Ball: Vegeta, Broly, Goku Black, Hit, Gogeta, Vegito, All them powerful characters with iinteresting Abilities and Personalities. I'd actually prefer all 6 of these charcaters over Goku to be honest, But I know that never happen

DMC: Vergil is also in my most wanted list, but Dante is also cool and also is the one that would get in first so Dante. Nero needs to be in a fighting game though

There's other franchises and secret characters, but those are the 3 I'll talk about

Why Shadow over Eggman (and other Sonic characters)

Þe 1 → Way Þe 1 → Way
asked about this so I'll answer

For Personal reasons

-Shadow is my most wanted character. so I want Shadow over Eggman. I'm not the person that just wants Another Sonic character because I want another one, I want Shadow in Particular. If Shadow was not an option, No other Sonic characters would be in my Most wanted list or anything

For Analytical reasons

-Shadow is the 2nd most popular character in the Sonic Franchise

-The Head of Sonic team, Iizuka, Favorite character is Shadow

-Shadow, Along with Tails and Knuckles have been requested for Longer back in the day than Eggman. Eggman might run the show in Requests now in Ultimate, but the former 3 dominated him both in Casual and Hardcore speculation circles

-Shadow has different moveset qualities from Eggman and the other characters. Shadow has control over Space and Time and Chaos powers, which Eggman doesn't have

-Shadow is more easily able to be implemented, Not just from a Moveset standpoint, but from a asset re-use standpoint

The thing with Eggman is you have to make sacrifices to the character if you want to Represent Eggman as a boss-like character, which he usually is, since his Powerful and Iconic mechs are big as all ever, and really showcase the bombastic personality Eggman has. Shadow doesn't need any of those sacrifices. He's perfectly able to be translated to Smash with no problems

If you want to represent Shadow's Dark mirror aspect of Sonic, it's much easier to envision that in a moveset than Eggman since Sonic is in the game already and could use his Moveset as a template for Moveset conception. I don't mean Shadow would echo Sonic, but more that they know what type of moves to Add to Shadow through Sonic easier. It's the same thing when you compare K.Rool to Donkey Kong in this game, in that K.Rool takes aspects from Donkey Kong to envision his moveset

His Chaos Powers would require balancing, but are also kind of easy to envision how they work in Smash

Shadow also has assets already in the game to use. His Assist Trophy model, Sonic's Skeleton, etc to make Creating the character an easier process from Animating, Modeling, etc

Eggman is More Iconic I would agree, and has been in more games and was also in the movie, but the thing I would say is that

-Shadow, along with Tails and Knuckles are also Iconic
-I think more of the Sonic Fans prefer Shadow, Tails, & Knuckles over Eggman. those 3 have some of the same design elements that got people attached to Sonic in the first place, and more easily appeals to Kids. Eggman is cool, but he's so radically different when you compare him to Sonic and I think has kind of a different vibe to him

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
IM GONNA SAY THE E WORD!
This one?

If they're gonna go for an unrealistic League of Legends character then they should go for the galaxy dragon. Why? Because galaxy dragon.
Maybe. I'd also go for Veigar, because A: I like Veigar; B: Stun spells ftw and C: Final Boss Veigar is the closest we'd get to Black Mage (and also the Power Glove, as weird as it sounds) being in Smash.

Then there's also this:

Now, you may not understand what the hell is happening, but I can tell you that a decent number of LoL fans would pop off hard if Urgot somehow got in Smash and had this specific alt costume.

Ah, the power of memes...

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Geno: even if he's ruled out, he's still my most wanted. I'd go with Fawful; he's entertaining, has a lot to work with, and is easily the best part of the Mario & Luigi games for me. (well, one of the best - Mario and Luigi's pseudo-Italian gibberish is up there) Plus, Mario RPGs tend to get ignored when it comes to the rosters of games like Smash or Mario Kart for whatever reason. (I get that the Super Mario RPG characters are owned by Square-Enix, and Paper Mario characters would likely have to lose their paper aesthetic in a game like Mario Kart, but Mario & Luigi characters have no excuse for being left out)

Dante: Vergil. I already wrote up a moveset for him - Nero could work as well (the great thing about character action games like Devil May Cry is that pretty much any playable character could easily transition to a fighting game), but between the two, I'd prefer Vergil.

Doomguy: Cyberdemon? There aren't a ton of options for Doom characters beyond Doomguy, but the Cyberdemon was big enough to get on the cover of Doom 2, and I'd find him more interesting than the Khan Makyr or Samuel Hayden (neither of which are particularly direct fighters, though I haven't finished the DLC of Doom Eternal).

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Inkling: Worried woomy
(sound warning)

Hey, there's a small consolation involved: it's "just" Leon / Panther asking the Kid "Didn't you see me waving?" after the KO. And not Heavy / Demoman shouting "HO HO HA HA" while preparing to assassinate the poor Squid Kid.

As you no doubt know, the latter's already been bordeline-PTSD inducing for the Dota 2 fanbase. Do we really want that in Smash?

So it seems like with new info on Mario 3D World this week. It seems like we're in for a another round of weekly Nintendo news for the month or two like in the fall.
And honestly, I don't mind that really. Nintendo's likely thinking that the projects will be ready when they're ready, and going by that basis we don't have to deal with things announced in advance only to be met with sudden delays. As often at least.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
As you no doubt know, the latter's already been bordeline-PTSD inducing for the Dota 2 fanbase. Do we really want that in Smash?
Speaking of MOBA-induced PTSD, I wanna ask you a question: what's the Dota character with the biggest learning curve... and how would they strike fear into people if they were in Smash? :roll:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Also I got to ask 2 questions

How do you feel about the Final Smashes in Ultimate being more homogenized (especially the DLC Characters)

The New final Smashes added have been mostly cutscene Final smashes (and even some old FS were changed to cutscene ones), and there are varying opinions on that

How would you Make Smash more of an Aggressive game instead of Defensive?

Smash has been more of a defensive game for it's entire lifespan, and Ultimate is no different in this regard. what would you do to make Smash more of an aggressive game?

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Speaking of MOBA-induced PTSD, I wanna ask you a question: what's the Dota character with the biggest learning curve... and how would they strike fear into people if they were in Smash? :roll:
Meepo.

Imagine Ice Climbers, but instead of two Ice Climbers it's five Ice Climbers, and instead of the other Ice Climbers being AI controlled you have to control them all manually, and instead of surviving if your partner Ice Climber gets KO'd, your primary Ice Climber get KO'd too and lose a stock.

That's Meepo in a nutshell.

I don't know how he would strike fear in Smash fans in general, but I feel like fear would come in the form of a random dedicated maniac who has somehow mastered the art of controlling five fighters simultaneously. Fear the madman who plays like he has five controllers and four clones he share a hive mind with.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The thing about Smash is the crux is its accessibility when compared to other fighting games, so even though the skill ceiling can get quite high, the barrier for entry is super low - meaning that even at the most complex implementations of a character, like Olimar or Rosalina or Steve or Hero or something, the baseline is going to see them still not being that complex.

At the top levels the learning curve accelerates, but the entire ethos seems to be that anyone can be successful with any character when playing against people of around the same skill. None are going to be implemented in such a technical way that they become truly alienating to lower-level players.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The New final Smashes added have been mostly cutscene Final smashes (and even some old FS were changed to cutscene ones), and there are varying opinions on that
While I think having more variety is better, the cutscenes do make things more epic, and that I'm all for. I think Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is a step in the right direction, but dialing down the cutscene Final Smashes could be a good idea in the future.

In essense: Try to make things more unique, but try not to add or keep any of the Final Smashes that are just...why? For example, Puff Up should go, and Triforce of Wisdom should be a little bit less powerful so that the entire cast can reliably escape if they're good enough (unless they're too close).

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
How do you feel about the Final Smashes in Ultimate being more homogenized (especially the DLC Characters)
I prefer a straight cinematic FS that just delivers a huge attack over ones with weird mechanics. Especially when those mechanics make them broken like Zelda and Peach.

They also just look cooler.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Smash has been more of a defensive game for it's entire lifespan, and Ultimate is no different in this regard. what would you do to make Smash more of an aggressive game?
I kinda prefer the transformation Smashes. The cutscenes feel like they drag on too long and interrupt the match, especially when you're using them multiple times throughout the fight. I also think it'd be cool if there were more utility Final Smash's like Peach, if not a little toned down, to try and make them stand out a little more.

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Personally, I've always thought Final Smashes should be looked at more as another one of a fighter's attacks than... uh, not that. I tend to prefer supers that take place on the standard field of play, is what I'm saying. It can be flashy and effectively lock someone into a combo, but if it's a free-for-all, I think it's better to let uninvolved characters go about their business.

Although, actually, I think instead of having Final Smashes next game, you could give everyone a meter, and then have a set of "supers" on the Y button, with a neutral, side, up, and down super the same way specials work. I mean, if they're gonna give all the new characters resources and comeback mechanics anyway, you may as well standardize it.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I don't particularly mind since supers in fighting games tend to be pretty homogenized.

I do miss the transformations though, but other than that, there's nothing really bothering me about this.

More shield damage so stuff like spot dodge canceling and parrying become even more of a commitment

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I kinda prefer the transformation Smashes. The cutscenes feel like they drag on too long and interrupt the match, especially when you're using them multiple times throughout the fighter. I also think it'd be cool if there were more utility Final Smash's like Peach, if not a little toned down, to try and make them stand out a little more.
I personally don't get this argument. All Final Smashes interrupt the match. Even if you can technically keep playing, the best option is to just wait until the camera comes back so you can see your character again.

Honestly I think the biggest issue is that everyone gets their Final Smash at the same time, so it's like:

Nothing...
Nothing...
Nothing...
Shing! FINAL SMASH!!!
Shing! FINAL SMASH!!!
Shing! FINAL SMASH!!!
Shing! FINAL SMASH!!!
Nothing...
Nothing...

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

I love and hate it, Cutscene final Smashes look great and add a sense of power to each character.
But completely decimating all other kinds is disappointing. I wish they were made more unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom