• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The title is called "The Final Battle" which could be a reference to Master Chief's "Finishing the fight" line at the end of Halo 2.
You mean the title of a cutscene for World of Light back when the second pass wasn't even planned? Master Chief can still happen tomorrow but this is a reach.

I mean, Terry was revealed during someone else's Sakurai Presents, so that counts for something.
He was revealed in the September Direct before BK's presentation.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I mean, Terry was revealed during someone else's Sakurai Presents, so that counts for something.
Yeah that's true. I forgot about that since it wasn't his own.

I swear to God every single tiny thing that happens is a hint towards Master Chief and Doomguy for y'all
Nothing happened though. People are just bringing him up because they want to.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I think Europe might have just give us the big hint of the final fighter. The Final Battle. Same name as this cutscene in Ultimate
I think I know who it is. Time to finish this fight.
not necessarily. They posted the exact same thing the day of the September direct after we found out about the sakurai fins presents date.

it’s most likely a pun of what they call The presents in Europe. In Europe they’re usually called “battle with …”

since it’s the last fighter they probably just changed it up to “the final battle”

the last character’s trailer could take place in the final battle but I’m more betting that it’s one of the following 2

1) it’s just a pun they made

Or

2) “the final battle” is referring to something specifically associated with the character and not actually the final battle of WOL.

For example master chief who’s got that famous “finishing the fight” quote which would fit perfectly with the final battle of smash bros ultimate

or someone like Layton who’s final chapters of each game in the 2nd trilogy are plays of the wording “the final…” and include 2 final battles which are called….. “the final battle”

I’m betting on the 1st option though. Probably means nothing.

D

Deleted member

Nothing happened though. People are just bringing him up because they want to.
Nothing aside from people speculating that Sakurai is warning the Japanese audience to expect a character they might not know/care about.

This kind of hanging onto his otherwise innocuous words is why he won't talk about video games.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
Ooooh boy it's Kazuya day, time to gush.

Heihachi was one of my most wanteds going into Ultimate: the moveset potential, the music, the potential see him fight Ryu (again). He was easily in my top 5 going into Ultimate.... which is why it hurt seeing him get Mii'd. I was with the majority of the speculation scene thinking Tekken was out, and that if Bamco got a rep it'd be Lloyd or someone from Dark Souls.

Queue E3 2020. I was going in expecting a big name: Chief, Crash, Hayabusa, Dante, etc. The trailer starts and I immediately recognize what series it was by the lava and cliff: Tekken. Was. In.

While not Heihachi, Kazuya has easily become my favorite DLC, no, my favorite NEWCOMER in all of Smash Ultimate, and quickly dethroned Snake as my new main. Everything about his pack is just perfect: the moveset, the music, the stage (with the ol' Karate Grandpa making a good ol appearance) make this my favorite pack of the entire DLC.

At this point, thanks to Kazuya, idc who the last character is. I'm already content.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman

Stepheon

Smash Apprentice
The title is called "The Final Battle" which could be a reference to Master Chief's "Finishing the fight" line at the end of Halo 2.

Noooo. It’s all making so much sense. They are basically all but telling us “Master Chief reveal tomorrow!”

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Honestly even if the characters I personally want aren't the last fighter, I suspect that Ultimate permanently changed the speculation scene for possible future Smash games.

Over the course of Ultimate we had a lot of characters who would be previously scene as "oddball" or "weird" wants like Doom Guy, Sol Badguy, Reimu, 2B, and hell, even choices like Monokuma or an LoL rep or Saber of all people actually be seen in a serious light and not some "meme/****post" pick.

And honestly? I hope these choices stay in the speculation scene. I love how unorthodox character speculation is beyond the typical Sora/Geno/Crash groups. It's refreshing.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Huh looks like things are interesting.

After reading the multiple new tweets and all I still feel these can be interpreted in more than one way. Though they're kinda weird, that I will concede. It also doesn't help that Harada is having a fun time lol

The thing that weirds me out the most is how Sakurai didn't post the "the character might not be one that you know" tweet in english. As far as I can remember these kind of tweets he does are always both in japanese and english. Maybe he forgot to post the english one? Idk.

I still have the feeling it could be anyone: big characters, small characters, and so on.

D

Deleted member

It's the title for the UK Presentation:
How many final battles are there in video games?

Oh yeah, that's right. One for every game in which there are fights.

I'm not a big Halo guy. I'm not a Halo guy at all, actually, but I seem to recall that "finish the fight" was Halo 3's tagline, right? There's been like 50 Halo games since the fight was finished, so hanging on that one line feels like it's just... this generation of gamers, I guess?

I feel like I remember that Halo 1 was essentially subtitled "Combat Evolved", and I'm having this wild imagination trip of some Nintendo source putting out some tagline like "Smash Evolved" and all the Chief fans losing their **** only for it to be Pokemon. I am laughing.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
How many final battles are there in video games?

Oh yeah, that's right. One for every game in which there are fights.

I'm not a big Halo guy. I'm not a Halo guy at all, actually, but I seem to recall that "finish the fight" was Halo 3's tagline, right? There's been like 50 Halo games since the fight was finished, so hanging on that one line feels like it's just... this generation of gamers, I guess?

I feel like I remember that Halo 1 was essentially subtitled "Combat Evolved", and I'm having this wild imagination trip of some Nintendo source putting out some tagline like "Smash Evolved" and all the Chief fans losing their **** only for it to be Pokemon. I am laughing.
Finish the Fight is indeed a Halo 3 thing. It's from a commercial/trailer. And well, it's also a track from the OST. The tagline appears at the end of this trailer

People associates that with Halo 3 because the tagline and the trailer were kinda iconic.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
Wow now this is the end game speculation that I wanted. What a roller coaster. The most likely character seems to change by the day based on different circumstances. From Sora to Master Chief to who knows who next. Less than 24 hours now

MattX20

Smash Hero
My most hated/least wanted character was Heihachi, and was glad he was Mii'd, but I must admit Kazuya had some cool gameplay aspects to him. That, and the music track selection was pretty nice as well. That Mii Costume wave though...yikes

Dukefire

Smash Master
Lets be honest.
Every new character (except the echoes and Piranha Plant) has brought in a favorite Music Track.
Ridley: vs Ridley
Simon and Richter: Bloody Tears
King K Rool: Gang Plank Galleon
Isabelle: idk what animal crossing music fit
Ken: guess his fighting stage music
Incinaroar: Pokemon battle theme idk
Joker: The Last Surprise
Hero: IDK which of the 8 tracks fit
Banjo & Kazooie: Spiral Mountain
Terry: can someone help me fill this one
Byleth: Remix of FE Three Houses Opening song (why no God Shattering Star?)
Min Min: Remix of the ARMS opening music
Steve: Halland/ Dalarna
Sephiroth: One Winged-Angel remix and standard
Pyra/Mythra: Help me with this one
Kazuya: Moonlit Wilderness
???: ???

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This would work if it weren't for the fact that the Japanese reveals are always "joins the fight/joins the battle". They could always change it up, of course.

One has to wonder about World of Light at this point. It has one ending in the base game but it has been featured in DLC trailers a few times now. Sephiroth pretty brutally ended Galeem and now we just have Dharkon to worry about.

If they actually bother finishing that plotline, the character is either some kind of ultimate good, or a bad guy beyond Dharkon, and by extension, beyond Sephiroth.

There's only one way to stop Sephiroth and Dharkon...
1633363105063.png

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Reach for the stars.
Happy memories!

Anyways hard to believe we are now under 24hrs until the final reveal.

Whatever happens, it has been quite a journey for Smash Bros. Ultimate as we had seen a ton of surprises whether this is from getting a tease with the Inklings to the "Everyone is Here!" moment dating back from its first reveal during E3 2018 to revealing the contents of the Fighters Passes 1 and 2.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
It's insane that we're already less than a day left til the reveal.

I'll probably be going inactive from here on out since I have college work to focus on, and just to be on the safe side in case the final character actually ends up being leaked just beforehand.

Just want to say it's been a wild ride fellas, and I'll see y'all on the other side.

D

Deleted member

Pyra/Mythra: Help me with this one
According to all the Xenoblade 2 fans who are definitely in it for the gameplay, story and music, "Counterattack" is the favorite. Most people immediately took to the streets to yell angrily about how they "ruined" Counterattack (a cutscene song) by remixing it to be more lively for a fighting game.

My personal favorite is Roaming the Wastes, though. I didn't get far enough in XC2 to find out that it had any true bangers, but there it is.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
When Smash Ultimate speculation started, I was in middle school. Now I'm looking at colleges. 2018 - 2021 really doesn't seem that long on paper, but it's been a significant amount of time. And it's hard to think that this chapter is coming to a close, and the next round of speculation probably won't be until after I graduate from college.

Technomage

Smash Champion
And we reach the end of another day. The closer we get, the harder it gets to wait to see it.
Well, since the final presentation takes place at 11 PM tomorrow, it's very likely that it won't show in my area until midnight the day after; so, might as well consider it 2 days left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom