• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
this is it luigi.jpg

BTW if spoilers drop at any point tomorrow, I won't be chatting here (not that I think anyone will intentionally spoil to be a jerk but things happen and the tone of the board would likely match whether the character was hype or not)

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
24 hours left….
Dang I’m really gonna be watching this during my circuits lab
Shouldn’t be too noisy, right??🥴🥴

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Dawn of the Final Day

It's some tense times.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Time to quote one of my favorite shows

"Is it..terrifying?"

"No. I don't think so. It's the way it is, y'know? Everything must come to an end. The drip finally stops."

"See you on the other side."

"Oh Bojack, there is no other side... This is it."

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think I'm gonna rewatch all the trailers now and then start preparing for bed. I need to get a lot of sleep in preparation for tomorrow.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
yeah, I think i' M done for today.
see you guys tomorrow.
H opefully the final fighter doesn't leak-
But at least i feel at peace, it wont be cinderace

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I think I'm gonna rewatch all the trailers now and then start preparing for bed. I need to get a lot of sleep in preparation for tomorrow.
yeah, I think i' M done for today.
see you guys tomorrow.
H opefully the final fighter doesn't leak-
But at least i feel at peace, it wont be cinderace
Imagine being able to fall asleep, lickety-split

This post was made by crippling insomnia gang

robot067

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3961-8884-7684
Well the Sakurai tweet makes bandana dee seem a lot less likely but heck it im still predicting him.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Imagine being able to fall asleep, lickety-split

This post was made by crippling insomnia gang
I've been up for almost 48h, because I couldn't sleep of Hype and games-
I think it's time for me to Zzzzzzzzzzz a bit before tomorrow lmao

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Is that seriously an unedited clip, or an edit? The mouth movements match the dialogue, but I haven't seen Batman Beyond in years.
It's a parody/fan dub called Batman Beyond Ill.

Funnily enough the episode with the gamers scene was pulled and is no longer on youtube.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Jesus Christ I just realized
It's a standalone direct, so it's more likely to leak like Byleth and Steve
PracticalBrush12, I stg please don't say anything
I don't know about y'all but when the American net starts going in three hours or so, I'm gonna go dark on Smashboards.

I'm going to make my comments on all the character threads first

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
If it's a League of Legends character, I could see the championship during a break from one of the matches go "Oh yea, did you hear _____ is coming to Super Smash Bros? Check out the trailer incase you missed it!"

And then have Sakurai say something to the League community like he did during Minecraft Live 2020 with Steve.

D

Deleted member

Jesus Christ I just realized
It's a standalone direct, so it's more likely to leak like Byleth and Steve
PracticalBrush12, I stg please don't say anything
Brush is a "10 minutes before the presentation" kind of guy so if you're not actively looking for the info early, you're not going to find it.

Also he must not have been allowed within ten feet of Pythra or Kazuya because to my knowledge he said nothing about them/went as far as to say he couldn't find out.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Even in the unlikely event this tweet confirms a Western character, I think there's literally a 0% chance it refers to Master Chief. The games may be less popular over there, but every Japanese gamer tuning in for something like this should still be reasonably expected to be able to identify him!

But I wouldn't worry about it (not speaking for myself) since the tweet really does mean nothing at all. Have we learned NOTHING about trying to speculate based on GOOGLE TRANSLATE threads, people?

D

Deleted member

I might as well put that curse out there.

I don't know who the **** Cinderace is, I never played Pokemon Sword and Shield. :mybodyisreggie:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
But I wouldn't worry about it (not speaking for myself) since the tweet really does mean nothing at all. Have we learned NOTHING about trying to speculate based on GOOGLE TRANSLATE threads, people
What we oughta remember is that Sakurai said something similar for CP5. And who was 5 again?
I might as well put that curse out there.

I don't know who the **** Cinderace is, I never played Pokemon Sword and Shield. :mybodyisreggie:
Lucky.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I'm kinda thinking on the FPS spectrum rn.
IF we ignore Doomguy and Master Chief rn

I'm pretty sure OW is well known there so people'd probably know Tracer if they saw her

We talked about it before, but Apex is HUGE there. EA rep, anyone?

Anyways,
Regarding Half-Life, it's decently well known there, too
But I found this, which is a bit interesting to me:
^ This game is a Japan exclusive.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Whenever Tekken was brought up, I would always want Heihachi, so Kazuya was a bit of a disappointment. Still, it looks like any of the Mishimas would have done the series justice, so this time the disappointment hasn't lingered.

Kasuya himself can be described with this video:

The fact that he's so powerful and is the only character in the game that doesn't use hitstun just makes him seem comically powerful as he just hits his opponents and then they're gone. It's glorious. He does kind of suck in free for all matches though. If he gets hit by someone, he's getting hit by everyone, and in turn, usually dying before everyone else.

Mishima Dojo is a pretty fun stage similar, but not the same as, King of Fighters Stadium. Nice. The music selection is objectively good too, though I'm not the biggest fan of Tekken's music. After having listened to it in actual matches though, I do think I get the point of them; they're more for concentration in fights than for you to listen on your own.

D

Deleted member

Whenever Tekken was brought up, I would always want Heihachi, so Kazuya was a bit of a disappointment. Still, it looks like any of the Mishimas would have done the series justice, so this time the disappointment hasn't lingered.

Kasuya himself can be described with this video:

The fact that he's so powerful and is the only character in the game that doesn't use hitstun just makes him seem comically powerful as he just hits his opponents and then they're gone. It's glorious. He does kind of suck in free for all matches though. If he gets hit by someone, he's getting hit by everyone, and in turn, usually dying before everyone else.

Mishima Dojo is a pretty fun stage similar, but not the same as, King of Fighters Stadium. Nice. The music selection is objectively good too, though I'm not the biggest fan of Tekken's music. After having listened to it in actual matches though, I do think I get the point of them; they're more for concentration in fights than for you to listen on your own.
I knew what this video was going to be before even watching it and I still laughed. Kazuya really is a runaway freight train, but it's true to Tekken. If you watch competitive level Tekken games, the players shimmy for a few seconds and then the match is over before you can even comprehend what happened.

"lvl 9 CPU Kazuya" has to be my least favorite meme of Ultimate, though. He is not that bad ffs.

It's a Fire-Type soccer playing bunny.
View attachment 333000
There you go. Now you know the character in its entirety.
But if I know who he is, there's no chance he'll be the character tomorrow. You've doomed Cinderace bros everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom