• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Found this in a discord server, take with an ENTIRE SALT SHAKER, not just a single grain of salt, but:

Possible leaked audio from the Mii portion of the next Smash presentation from a now deleted Twitter account If true, final Miis are for Doom, Mario, Smash, and Deltarune.
Thoughts?
This is legit, the easiest thing to fake. All you have to do is record Mii Fighter footage and put music over it.

EDIT: Oh, and the "leaker" likely took the resulting video and recorded it with their phone.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Found this in a discord server, take with an ENTIRE SALT SHAKER, not just a single grain of salt, but:

Possible leaked audio from the Mii portion of the next Smash presentation from a now deleted Twitter account If true, final Miis are for Doom, Mario, Smash, and Deltarune.
Thoughts?
Fairly impressive audio, but without visuals, it's easy to imagine how readily someone could fake it.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
That and Olimar never really become a fan favorite to play as. He was considered absurdly effective in Brawl by the time Smash 4 came around - only really below :metaknight: and :popo: - but he was during Brawl's release window dismissed as another "gimmicky" character and never really developed a large casual fanbase. The main reasons I suspect are a zoner-esque playstyle that was derided as "campy"; and - more importantly on the casual side of things - the fact that he was unpredictable and had a really high learning curve. The fact that he had 6 Pikmin back then kinda didn't help since that encouraged farming for say 3-4 Purples or whatever.

I wouldn't be surprised if those were the main reasons why Sakurai and co. halved Olimar's number of Pikmin in the transition to 4: going from 6 Pikmin in Brawl to 3 in Sm4sh and reworked his Up B instead. Yes, halving the number of Pikmin did nerf him - but made him more consistent and prevented the situation where if you wanted to use a specific Pikmin again you had to toss / pluck up to 5 other Pikmin.
I do wonder if the reason that they changed the numbers of Pikmin Olimar have is also because of 3ds limitations and/or 8 player Smash. Maybe the 3ds couldn't handle 24 Pikmins running around, or the 8 player smash was too confusing or couldn't handle 48 Pikmins.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Thoughts?
Imagine the backstory to this guy. Dude has access to the trailer but for some reason he can only leak audio. What happened? Was his phone's camera broken? Did Sakurai accidentally connect his computer to some rando's Bluetooth headphones? The possibilities are limited!

Real talk though even if this was real, this tells us nothing about FP11 since it's just another random Mii collection with no theming. Though I'm curious about who the Mario Mii is supposed to be, since the other characters chosen were fairly obvious.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Imagine the backstory to this guy. Dude has access to the trailer but for some reason he can only leak audio. What happened? Was his phone's camera broken? Did Sakurai accidentally connect his computer to some rando's Bluetooth headphones? The possibilities are limited!

Real talk though even if this was real, this tells us nothing about FP11 since it's just another random Mii collection with no theming. Though I'm curious about who the Mario Mii is supposed to be, since the other characters chosen were fairly obvious.
Smash Mii tho

We’re getting a Tabuu Mii AND YOU WILL LIKE IT :secretkpop:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion

Thoughts?
This is only slightly harder to fake than a "dude trust me" 4chan post. Rude Buster also sounds weirdly quiet.

Smash Mii tho

A Tabuu Brawler, complete with the full head replacement and holographic effects? That sounds ****ing awesome.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I just heard a rumor that KI Gold and Diddy Kong racing might be coming soon to Switch Online with plans for more Rare games in the future. I'm not entirely sure whether there is any truth to that rumor but it's definitely a good sign for getting more Rare characters in Smash in the future if it is true.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Thoughts?
Damn, i took so much salt that im sute my.blood pressure went up a few hundreds

Theguy123

Smash Lord

probably the red shell hat since it never returned.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Just for fun, this is likely who they were pretending to leak:
  • Doom Slayer Outfit (Gunner)
    • It's a gunner outfit from the Doom series.
  • Magikoopa Outfit (Swordfighter)
    • Could also be a Hammer Bro., but Magikoopa makes more sense with the healing at the end.
  • Primid Outfit (Brawler)
    • It's Super Smash Bros. Brawl music, and you hear punch sound effects and a Super Scope. This is a Primid.
  • Kris Outfit (Swordfighter)
    • I assume this is Deltarune music, and it's obviously a Mii Swordfighter. Kris makes the most sense here.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

Thoughts?
E1M1 and Rude Buster aren’t mixed very well imo.

I definitely think this would be cool but its like the easiest thing to fake and even still doesn’t sound quite right.

I also wonder who the Smash mii is for. Tabuu is the only who natively fits the proportions but he hasn’t been relevant since Brawl.

Very strange leak overall.

Edit:nvm the post above me nailed a Primid. Though they aren’t particularly relevant either.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think I may have figured out who might be the final character, and it might not be a Gen 8 Pokémon after all. I'm not gonna share it with the class since it's a pretty controversial character that I don't feel like arguing about, but I have a gut feeling that it might be them.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I think I may have figured out who might be the final character, and it might not be a Gen 8 Pokémon after all. I'm not gonna share it with the class since it's a pretty controversial character that I don't feel like arguing about, but I have a gut feeling that it might be them.
I'm willing to listen.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Dude tell me on my profile page or something!!

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Oooh, that sounds like a potential Blizzard character if I've ever heard one. That would definitely be controversial.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It must be the fabled Mii Caster: I mean, how else would it be everyone's least wanted? :4pacman:

'Cuz like, it can be everyone...Yeeeeah I'm funny.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Dude tell me on my profile page or something!!
I'm on five hours of sleep and I do not feel like putting my reasons for suspecting who it is into words. I'd rather just wait for the reveal to happen and maybe explain after that

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Is it Yet Another Fire Emblem Character(TM)?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Two days left, and it’ll be done and over with.
From this point onward, how comfortable will you be going into Directs, kneing for a fact that Smash will no longer be a part of them for a while?

Noipoi

Howdy!
From this point onward, how comfortable will you be going into Directs, kneing for a fact that Smash will no longer be a part of them for a while?
It’ll feel a little strange, seeing as how every single direct has had smash news in it since March 2018.

But I’m ready for smash to end, and I’m ready to go into directs not wondering who it’s gonna be anymore.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
if you think you have an idea of who it is but you’re not willing to say then what’s the point in making the post.

this gives off the same vibes as leakers who say “I know who the next character is” and then don’t even tell people, just give them cryptic hints.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Since the poll today is about trailers, I want to give special mention to Steve. If you've never done this and have some free time, go back and search on YouTube compilations of streamers reacting to Steve's trailer. It's hilarious because everyone recognizes Minecraft at a different point in the trailer. Some get it as early as seeing Mario burst through those conspicuously blocky rocks, some only get it when they hear the sound effects from the mobs in the darkness. I love that trailer for that. What point did all you realize it would be Steve? I think it was the spider and skeleton sounds for me.

(That said how is Hero's trailer losing the poll so bad when it's epic as hell!)

It's also Pythra discussion day. I was never ever close to mad about their inclusion, but I was a bit disappointed it wasn't Rex when they were first revealed since I like him and think he could have represented the unique mechanics of XC2 nicely. I know some people say that him pulling off the blade combo specials by himself would be against the lore of the real game but eh, Duck Hunt has special moves that are literally from different games entirely. Yet every day that passes I get more and more okay with Pythra being the representative instead. They are just so damn fun to play, so much complementing each other's strengths and weaknesses midmatch, and so so hype to watch in tournament because of the wacky but not boring stuff they can pull off. Gotta say I also love the stage because Gramps is a great character and I love his big ol Titan design and dialogue. people who call Gramps "Azurda" are cops btw

However one thing I guarantee is that if you got your most wanted character you wouldn't give two ****s about the trailer's originality.
lmao is it a bad reflection of me if I actually would care a lot about the trailer's originality/quality in the event of my fav characters getting in? Feels petty when I say it out loud like that...

Gengar84

Smash Hero
As far as controversial characters go, I could totally see it being Diablo. Diablo got an amiibo and a Switch bundle and just released a remaster of the second game which is pretty popular.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Honestly I'll be alright with it. There's more games out there than Smash. I'll miss the trailers and the hype they bring, but Nintendo's got a bunch of other stuff they can show off to fill the void.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
if you think you have an idea of who it is but you’re not willing to say then what’s the point in making the post.

this gives off the same vibes as leakers who say “I know who the next character is” and then don’t even tell people, just give them cryptic hints.
Good question. Maybe I'll share who it is without disclosing my reason

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman

Thoughts?
The sound for when it's supposedly showing the "Smash X SERIES" is completely different. Here's the sound from Wave 10. It sounds like they used the sound from the victory screen wipe instead.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
A stark departure... but hey, godspeed~
Not even 100% sure
Like 70% of me thinks it's a Pokémon, 25% thinks it's Geno, 5% thinks it's something I'm not thinking about, 100% sure it's not Crash or Sora
I only got one character right in this game so everything I say should be taken with a grain of salt

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'll miss the thrill of having Smash in the directs, but there's other Nintendo stuff I can be excited for as well.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Smash Mii tho

Pretty sure the intention is that we guess Primid.
It must be the fabled Mii Caster: I mean, how else would it be everyone's least wanted? :4pacman:

'Cuz like, it can be everyone...Yeeeeah I'm funny.
I wouldn't even be mad if we got a new Mii Class as the final fighter. Considering the possibilities (and how this Pass has been hit and miss for me so far), the final character being a neat Smash original that also doubles as "any spellcaster you could want!" wouldn't be bad.

The best part would be that to make up for the difference in costumes they'd have to reveal like 30 Mii Caster Costumes in the presentation and that has the potential to be a lot of fun.
lmao is it a bad reflection of me if I actually would care a lot about the trailer's originality/quality in the event of my fav characters getting in? Feels petty when I say it out loud like that...
Nah it's perfectly fine! What I meant is, there's only so many ways you can introduce a character to Smash, so oftentimes we do get repeats of old trailer ideas like "bunch of characters standing in a generic backdrop, get attacked by newcomer". Licensing issues and lack of resources can play a part too - we obviously couldn't get a fully modeled Heliodor for Hero's trailer, for instance, so "generic woodlands" had to do. Sometimes a game lends itself better to a unique and stylistic trailer (such as Joker's) and other times they just gave up and said "here's a cutscene of the original game but with Smash mentioned at some point" (like Byleth's or Pythra's). But as you can see, people voted for those as their favorite trailers, so clearly to some degree hype for the character trumps everything else.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'll only be watching directs if they occur when I'm normally awake. My time zone usually doesn't line up with that of most people here but I don't want to stay up just to watch a commercial.
Smash reveals are different than your run of the mill game reveal since watching them unfold live is part of the appeal, but I can easily get up to speed with the rest of my gaming news without missing anything.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Yeah, I'd be a bit curious about the healing effect. You can kind hear the item grab sound, so I assume it comes from a bunch of Food items.

That said, I guess fake leaks at least kill the time before Tuesday, huh?

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
If that leak is real, then my guess is this:

I think the Doomslayer is the final fighter that comes with 2 mii costumes from his games. The first costume is most likely the Cacodemon Hat from the Brawler attacks. The second costume that is from the Mii Gunner could be a zombie soldier or the red marines from Doom 2016. For Mario, it could be anything. For the next costume, judging from the music from Brawl, it's gonna be the Primd costume, based on the main enemies from the Subspace Emissary. And finally, Kris from Deltarune with Rude Buster music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom