• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not even 100% sure
Like 70% of me thinks it's a Pokémon, 25% thinks it's Geno, 5% thinks it's something I'm not thinking about, 100% sure it's not Crash or Sora
I only got one character right in this game so everything I say should be taken with a grain of salt
I'm just gonna say if you're 95% sure it's between one of two choices, regardless of who those choices are, you may want to readjust your expectations.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
To be honest, I would absolutely be down for a Primid. I don't know why, I just think they're neat.

You could also play into the whole Shadow Bugs thing and have it transform into other Subspace Emissary enemies or even other fighters. Imagine their Up Smash is just turning into a Greap and filling its vicinity with huge hitboxes that give all Super Smash Bros. Brawl players terrible flashbacks.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
To be honest, I would absolutely be down for a Primid. I don't know why, I just think they're neat.

You could also play into the whole Shadow Bugs thing and have it transform into other Subspace Emissary enemies or even other fighters. Imagine their Up Smash is just turning into a Greap and filling its vicinity with huge hitboxes that give all Super Smash Bros. Brawl players terrible flashbacks.
Ooooh, now that sounds good! I think something made of Shadow Bugs has a lot of potential as a fighter.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If that leak is real, then my guess is this:

I think the Doomslayer is the final fighter that comes with 2 mii costumes from his games. The first costume is most likely the Cacodemon Hat from the Brawler attacks. The second costume that is from the Mii Gunner could be a zombie soldier or the red marines from Doom 2016. For Mario, it could be anything. For the next costume, judging from the music from Brawl, it's gonna be the Primd costume, based on the main enemies from the Subspace Emissary. And finally, Kris from Deltarune with Rude Buster music.
Wait, what leak?

Dukefire

Smash Master
If we are talking about announcement that could replace smash news, it could be

Splatoon 3
Breath of the Wild 2
Metroid Prime 4?
Bayonetta 3

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Moonfire

Smash Rookie
What point did all you realize it would be Steve?
I was in the "as soon as Mario burst through the wall" camp. Like you mention, the blocky rocks and square particle effects were an immediate giveaway for me.

Two days left, and it’ll be done and over with.
From this point onward, how comfortable will you be going into Directs, kneing for a fact that Smash will no longer be a part of them for a while?
I'll definitely try to tune into future Directs live since they're always fun, but I won't go out of my way to schedule around them. Jondolio nailed it - I'm fine with catching other news whenever, but Smash news is always most exciting when caught live.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If we are talking about announcement that could replace smash news, it could be

Splatoon 3
Breath of the Wild 2
Metroid Prime 4?
Bayonetta 3
Splatoon 3 and Bayonetta 3, I’d say

and anything Xenoblade. This includes a hypothetical X DE.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I swear on my life if a known leaker comes out tomorrow or the day of the presentation and leaves a cryptic hint towards Layton along the lines of something like “I don’t know who the last character is. It’s quite puzzling to me” then I’m gonna lose it.

I’m expecting the character to not get leaked though whoever it is

SKX31

Smash Master
Are you.... uh OK there, Nintendo of France?
Holy ****, did Nintendo give Smashboards a reason to hornypost? Never thought I'd see the day.
It might be a callback to the Nintendo World 2006 trailer (the one that revealed :fox: ):

snekonmain.png

That said... hoo boy I was not ready for that at all.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'll only be watching directs if they occur when I'm normally awake. My time zone usually doesn't line up with that of most people here but I don't want to stay up just to watch a commercial.
Smash reveals are different than your run of the mill game reveal since watching them unfold live is part of the appeal, but I can easily get up to speed with the rest of my gaming news without missing anything.
idk man there's a world of difference between hearing that Chris Pratt is playing Mario and being there when it was announced

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Excusr me, maybe not Chris Pratt as Mario, but Jack Black as Bowser is ALWAYS worth sacrificing sleep for!
Y'all joke but Jack Black as Bowser is actually a really good casting decision.

Looking forward to the Ultimate voice mods where Bowser's vocals are replaced with Jack Black's vocals.

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So, I tried to find the original post on twitter from that video/audio leak. The tweet is gone, so does the account.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That audio "leak"...

I'm just trying to think of a scenario of how you'd get an audio recording on your phone but not use one of the twenty cameras on the darn things.

Absolute best case scenario, everyone's phones were checked for audio but not video but even then...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'll be walking to class when the presentation begins, but I'm still going to listen to it for however long I realistically can.

Here's to hoping they dub Sakurai and you can tell who the character is from the audio alone.
Initially it's probably going to come down to whether you can recognize the music.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
And it's fake

I don't think there's ever been a legit audio-only leak.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Initially it's probably going to come down to whether you can recognize the music.
This is very true, but I'm holding out a tiny bit of hope it's a Joker/Byleth situation where a supporting character goes "WHOAH, Bubsy, you're joining Smash!?!

Worst comes to worst, I just step aside and actually check who it is on my phone lol.

Dukefire

Smash Master
We can all agree that the fans are pretty much almost out of the restriction chains. So, it is at this stage with leaks as the prize SO close.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is very true, but I'm holding out a tiny bit of hope it's a Joker/Byleth situation where a supporting character goes "WHOAH, Bubsy, you're joining Smash!?!

Worst comes to worst, I just step aside and actually check who it is on my phone lol.
Either that or all doubt evaporates once you hear a triumphant, piercing

WAAAAAAAAA

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
There was a problem fetching the tweet
And it's fake
Expect a lot more of these in the next 40 or so hours until the reveal: people are going to try to pass off anything and everything as a leak.
That said, I won't be posting the author of the fake leak because I don't want people going after him, but he was trying to pass off these 5 as the Mii Costumes:
  • Cacodemon
  • Tyrant
  • Kamek
  • Primid
  • Kris

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Currently wondering what's more fun: lesbian Samus or the current canon of Samus getting it on with a robot. Definitely a close call.
1633289066516.png

Expect a lot more of these in the next 40 or so hours until the reveal: people are going to try to pass off anything and everything as a leak.
That said, I won't be posting the author of the fake leak because I don't want people going after him, but he was trying to pass off these 5 as the Mii Costumes:
  • Cacodemon
  • Tyrant
  • Kamek
  • Primid
  • Kris
Interesting that they went for the Caco part, but not the Mallow part. :alakadoof:

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Kinda weird, but I was just looking back at my initial predictions for FP1 and realized how surprisingly accurate they were…
1. Erdrick
2. Min Min/Twintelle
3. Obligatory Gen 8 Mon
4. Three Houses Rep
5. Banjo-Kazooie
Only one of them has yet to come true…and it’s probably the last thing I’d want to see…😬

Anyway, I don’t see a whole lot of people talking about Pythra, but it is Pythra day sooo…

I like them! It’s funny because I actively dislike Xenoblade 2 and the character designs don’t really appeal to me, yet I’m glad that we got Pyra and Mythra. They’re both really fun to play and have the best implementation of a transformation mechanic to date, plus I was always down to get a second Xeno character. I wanted Elma more then anything, as X is definitely my favorite game in the series and I find Elma’s character to be pretty rad. But Xenoblade 2 is way more popular, so I get it. I’m definitely happy we got Pyra and Mythra over Rex…

Yeah that’s about it. They’re fun and I’m glad we got more Xenoblade content. They aren’t exactly for me, but I’m glad they’re here nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom