• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anywho, time to actually talk about Byleth.

I adore Three Houses. It's my third favorite Fire Emblem game and I was always rooting for it to get a DLC character. Byleth delivered on that. Granted, they weren't my preferred Three Houses character (that was Edelgard, my third favorite Fire Emblem character in general), but still. Their moveset is very fun to use, even if I wish they had more moves using the whip sword aspect of the Sword of the Creator to its full potential. The music tracks are great and, while this is an unpopular opinion, I love Garreg Mach Monastery. The only two major gripes I have are the lack of God Shattering Star and the fact that the Battlefield and Omega stage variants don't keep the cameo characters.

All in all, Byleth is by far my favorite of the DLC choices so far, and the biggest highlight of the first Fighters Pass.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Minor Gripe about Byleth's stage.

Why did they put the Omega/BF versions... "away" from the main stage?

Instead of putting a platform in the sky looking down on the original stage background like every other Omega/BF variant, we're staring at a nondescript view of a random location.
1632942686937.png

Pretty but, I feel like there were better more recognizable options.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Meanwhile I'm just here digging all the DLC characters and packs.

I like all the games they're from. A few I didn't know much about, but then I played their games and became a fan.

See every unfamiliar pick as an opportunity to try something new.

That attitude helps me be a pretty happy camper. :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

Garreg Mach is my favorite Fire Emblem stage, very pretty on BF/FD mode. I wish Hubert had made it in but I like to believe he's out there in the blast zone making sure the kill actually happens.

Everyone always wishing for God Shattering Star, no one ever wishing for Tempest of Seasons or Dwelling of the Ancient Gods...

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
In regards to Byleth, I’ve said before that their reveal was when I think I realized my sadistic side in regards to speculation. The moment I realized who they were, I immediately started giggling about how salty people were gonna get. As for game
lay, they’re definitely what the Fire Emblem lineup has been lacking since Melee; a user of the full weapon triangle, which makes them extremely unique and fun to play. I have no qualms with their inclusion.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Minor Gripe about Byleth's stage.

Why did they put the Omega/BF versions... "away" from the main stage?

Instead of putting a platform in the sky looking down on the original stage background like every other Omega/BF variant, we're staring at a nondescript view of a random location.
I think it's the bridge's background, but without anyone flight training in the background, and the bridge that you were originally on removed.

EDIT: What I wanna know is why the blast zones are different.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly I just love the fact that Gareg Mach Monastery and Arena Ferox are actual places in Fire Emblem games.

Castle Seige and Colosseum are cool, but they aren't as exciting as an actual place.

It's why I like Saffron City and Spear Pillar over the Pokemon Stadiums as well.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'll say this, while not all DLC characters were my cup of tea, the stage and music selection is usually pretty good and even the midi tracks in Yggrasil's Altar didn't bother me that much.

Except for Spiral Mountain. It's the only stage I get out of the match if I get it from the random.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Gonna be honest... I don't like 3 houses. It was the first fe I played after radiant dawn and the addition of the classroom mechanic, the monastery interludes all that extra... Stuff... Just made me mad. I just want maps. Path of radiance and radiant dawn had the perfect blend of maps and story that it feels just right for what it's worth. When they added all these extra dimensions to the game it felt a lot less like fire emblem to me and more rpg which is cool if that's what you are into but I'm way more interested in the tactical side of the game. I don't even play the older games with full battle animation just the simple sprite animation. Yes this pretty much reduces the game to being essentially pretty looking chess but that's honestly the appeal.

Edited for fatthumbidusandt9fail

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Three Houses fell flat for me. I didn't like the monastery at all, the UI was practically unreadable and the ugly 3D map models didn't help the lackluster presentation either. Not to mention the game got broken in half by Wyvern spam + Stride shenanigans. For all the routes it has there are a ton of recycled maps which makes replays a chore.

That being said, I don't really dislike the inclusion of a Three Houses character as much as I'm wildly indifferent toward it. I'm still a sucker for the series and setting after all. But Byleth in particular doesn't' do a whole lot in the gameplay or personality department to make up for it. The weapon master idea is neat, but the execution left a lot to be desired. There's only what, 4 lance moves (2 of which are practically the same), 3 axe attacks, and 2 bow ones? If they just went with one of the House leaders instead I'm sure the moveset would've been more fleshed out instead of taking surface level concepts from multiple sources. The wackiest thing Byleth has going for them is the whip sword but even that feels gimped to make room for the other weapons. As weird as it is to say I might actually have preferred Byleth to be a pure (whip)swordfighter.

Anyway Byleth is a solid 5/10 because I like swords and anime thank you for listening to my TED Talk.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I think it's the bridge's background, but without anyone flight training in the background, and the bridge that you were originally on removed.

EDIT: What I wanna know is why the blast zones are different.
Wasn't that patched out like a month after Byleth's release?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Speaking of Spiral Mountain, it's one of my favourite stages in Ultimate. I like how it spins around and you can see all the areas and the details like Banjo's house has that 1-up statue and how you can see 5 of the 6 spare honeycomb pieces, all laid in the areas you'd originally find them in the game. I'm also glad they brought Tooty back and it's fun to see her run around the level. I just wish the hazards off version would face towards Grunty's lair as that has the Kalos Pokemon League layout but oh well.

Guh-huh desu!

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
I just remembered this post I made the day after Byleth's reveal
It is getting close to the end of 2021. People are eagerly awaiting the final reveal, looking back at Ultimate's roster. Some people get a character they want, while others continue to hold hope for the last character.

And people are still arguing about Byleth.

Y'all are making me tired.
...yeah.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So is it pretty unanimously decided that Ahri would be the chosen LOL rep? There are a lot of cool characters I’d love to see but I’d be fine with her too.
Not really. There's a bunch of options, really, like Lux, Teemo, Jinx, Ashe, Ryze...

They each play very differently though, so it's likely that if it were to happen, they'd focus primarily on the abilities of said Champion, with maybe one or two general mechanics from LoL like leveling or Summoner Spells.

The FE fatigue I've seen first hand (playing with good friends in person) is that many of the FE reps 'are the same'

To elaborate some friends who aren't into the speculation scene like we all are here don't like how Roy is/was a clone of Marth/Lucina is a clone of Marth/Chrom is a clone of Roy who is a clone of Marth - they see a majority of the FE reps as the same character with a different skin. So every time a new FE character is revealed - to them its just another Marth.

Robin, Corrin, and Byleth are nowhere near being clones but that doesn't matter in the court of personal opinion where minds are already made up.

For the record these people also say "oof another pokemon??" but they give the pokemon a chance because it is different enough to see what's what
I feel like a lot of people skip over this angle completely and say that it's because "these people are unfamiliar with FE"... like, yeah, they're casual Nintendo fans. Maybe there's regional differences, but over here in Brazil, very few people who fit that description actually leave the quartet of Mario-Zelda-Pokémon-Smash. And even then it's not like they play every single game in these series.

I'm aware this is completely anecdotal, so it ultimately barely means anything, but that's pretty much the behavior I've observed too. Most casuals I know react with apathy to the Pokémon and FE newcomers in Smash 4 and Ultimate.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Now that we are at the end of Fighter's Pass 1 I want to get my thoughts out about it before Pass 2.

:ultpiranha: - I loved this reveal, they are fun to play too, I just find everything around this character fun. although I 100% understand any disappointment.
:ultjoker: - This was the most unexpected reveal and I couldn't be happier that they are in, they brought a great stage and a fantastic music.
:ulthero: - I love DQ so I got pretty excited when Hero leaked, I enjoy playing as them and their stage is great too.
:ultbanjokazooie: - I've never been the biggest fan of Banjo but I know how much it means to people so I totally felt the hype when they were revealed and I really like the stage.
:ult_terry: - I only had a passing interest in KOF before his reveal after the leak I just ended up loving the game and the character, Terry is incredibly fun to play and KOF stadium is one of my favorite smash stages of all time.
:ultbyleth: - I really liked Three Houses, Byleth was quite boring, but I actually really like how they play in Smash I just wish it was a bit more concentrated. and Garreg Mach was my most wanted stage at the time so I'm glad it's in

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
There’s less than a week now. Less than a week until everything blows up one way or another, so in regards to general reactions…
Has the opinion of popular and/or Smash-centric content creators ever swayed your own? I see a lot of bandwagoning happen all over the internet, but I’m not sure how honest any of it is.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
You know, some people are looking at the Fire Emblem situation as "You're the king? Well I didn't vote for you." despite the fact that in the case for 2(or 3 to some extent) of them, they did, in fact, get in because of fan demand. Roy was brought back because there was fan demand for him. Chrom was brought into Smash Ultimate because there was alot of demand for him, like Dark Samus. And in Robin/Lucina's case, there was fan demand for a FEAwakening character and Sakurai decided on Robin with Lucina as a bonus.

There's no problem if you aren't a fan of the Fire Emblem characters, think they are boring or whatnot. But regardless, don't be going off about Nintendo putting in characters no one wants when a good amount of them are in because they had very clear fan demand for them. An Awakening character was wanted, we got Robin and Lucina. Fans wanted Roy back, we got Roy back. There was demand for Chrom in the Smash Ballot, we got Chrom. And if a character like Min-Min was came out first before Byleth, people would've clearly expected a Three Houses rep to happen much like how people were expecting Rex, Pyra and Mythra after Min-Min.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I didn't do Terry yesterday, So I'll do him and Byleth

-For Terry, Yes I did know who he was before the SNK Leak. I hadn't played an Official KOF or Fatal Fury game, but I've played Mugen and KOF Wing (a Flash game) so there was that

Personally I would have preferred Kyo or Especially Iori, but there's no Problem with Terry. I even intially thought it be Kyo since he hadn't made appearance in Crossover game recently like other characters, perhaps because they were saving him for Smash, as the KOF Protag. alas though it was Terry

I'm also among those people that were more hyped by the Sans Mii Costume than Terry Himself. I think even if he hadn't gotten Leak, I don't know If I would have popped off like I did with Sans. The Trailer for Terry was nice though

On Release and post-release, He was fun to mess around with for a bit. I would think he would seem like my type of character, but I don't really play him very much to be honest. I don't know why either, maybe he's Too Simple in what he does. I don't think he has Simple feeling as Pyra/Mythra (I'll get to them), but I'm unsure.

KOF Stadium is the best Stage added to Smash Ultimate though, no question. It's really good for Casual players since they don't have to worry about recovering, the 2D walls are unique and fun Gimmick, and the Music is always nice to listen to.

---------------

For Byleth, I was at school at the time, and once my Lunch period was up, I tried to watch it without getting Spoiled. I think I asked a friend how to find a link without coming across Thumbnails or images, there by spoiling it, and he asked if it was even worth watching. Still I was adamant about it and he showed me on his phone

The Disappointment was immeasurable, There was not really any intrigue into what's going on, since once it started I had already knew what was to come. I think one of the first things I asked out loud was "Why couldn't Rex be in" since Three Houses came out years later after Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I'm not even that much of a fan of Rex, but it was just confusing at the time.

My Friend told me the Mii Costumes they also had in the presentation, and I kind of regret that since If I had saw Cuphead blind, I would have popped off again just like I did for Sans. It was still exciting to see, but as of FP1, Sans was the only time I ever needed to get out of a chair in hype, and it was just Mii Costume

Another Friend who's not the most invested into Smash (but played it casually when I brought my Switch to School) even had to ask why they added a 8th Fire Emblem character, and made fun of us cause we were thinking it be Dante due to all the hype going on

In the end, I tried to be more optimistic and see what they are about on Release, even though it was unfortunate the release was 2 weeks after the presentation, unlike the other times previously. Plus Female Byleth was I thing, and I wanted to try her because she is Hot and Sexy

On Release, I had fun during the Honeymoon period messing around, but I think in the end I don't jive with the character much. They aren't the most Flashy character and they are kind of Slow. I think they are more Free for all character for me personally, Same with Min Min (who we also get to later). Female Byleth is still sexy, but in the end it was kind of eh. This is even true of the stage and the music also.

For me, I think the FP1 had cool additions to the roster, in terms to adding to the flavor of Smash, and it was cool to get DLC characters to try and also speculate on. But to be honest, I wasn't too hyped by any of them. Like I said the most hype things about FP1 were the Mii Costumes, which you have to get separately anyway

Actually up to this point, besides Everyone is Here, and Sans Mii Costume, nothing really got me out of me seat. I do like playing some of the Base Roster characters and FP1 characters, but I really hadn't gotten any character that was like Mac or Cloud in Smash 4

One last point though, I do like how Byleth's Forward air sounds. I know it probably isn't the most fitting sound effect, but it's weird in a good way for me

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, this Switch Oled model sure looks nice, I better make sure I pre-order it!

no pre-orders available in literally any store in any known universe or dimension

O-oh...
You were supposed to preorder it 5 months ago when they first showed it off, you fool.
You may want to actually walk into a GameStop and see if they can do an online order for you. I learned with Metroid Dread that there are online preorders allocated to walk-in preorders at stores that to my understanding are even separate from the preorders the store would be able to offer in general, if that makes any sense... It does not to me.

A friend told me to specifically ask for an in-store online preorder and I'm sitting with a receipt for the purchase of Metroid Dread's special edition well after the preorders online sold out.

You know, some people are looking at the Fire Emblem situation as "You're the king? Well I didn't vote for you." despite the fact that in the case for 2(or 3 to some extent) of them, they did, in fact, get in because of fan demand. Roy was brought back because there was fan demand for him. Chrom was brought into Smash Ultimate because there was alot of demand for him, like Dark Samus. And in Robin/Lucina's case, there was fan demand for a FEAwakening character and Sakurai decided on Robin with Lucina as a bonus.

There's no problem if you aren't a fan of the Fire Emblem characters, think they are boring or whatnot. But regardless, don't be going off about Nintendo putting in characters no one wants when a good amount of them are in because they had very clear fan demand for them. An Awakening character was wanted, we got Robin and Lucina. Fans wanted Roy back, we got Roy back. There was demand for Chrom in the Smash Ballot, we got Chrom. And if a character like Min-Min was came out first before Byleth, people would've clearly expected a Three Houses rep to happen much like how people were expecting Rex, Pyra and Mythra after Min-Min.
I just wish that these guys were alt costumes for Marth at this point because few of them are able to stand on their own legs. Chrom being a fan request is one of those "maybe we shouldn't listen to fans" moments tbh.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Honestly I just love the fact that Gareg Mach Monastery and Arena Ferox are actual places in Fire Emblem games.

Castle Seige and Colosseum are cool, but they aren't as exciting as an actual place.

It's why I like Saffron City and Spear Pillar over the Pokemon Stadiums as well.
Yeah, it kinda irritates me to be honest. I'd like to have stages based on actual locations from Marth's and Ike's games.

For Ike we could for example have Crimea's Castle, which is an important location in both Tellius games, being the final map for Path of Radiance:

It's hard to find better images because it's a map from a GameCube game designed for a strategy game, but the potential was there and I'd gladly change Castle Siege and Colosseum for actual places of FE games.

Shroob

Sup?
You were supposed to preorder it 5 months ago when they first showed it off, you fool.
You may want to actually walk into a GameStop and see if they can do an online order for you. I learned with Metroid Dread that there are online preorders allocated to walk-in preorders at stores that to my understanding are even separate from the preorders the store would be able to offer in general, if that makes any sense... It does not to me.

A friend told me to specifically ask for an in-store online preorder and I'm sitting with a receipt for the purchase of Metroid Dread's special edition well after the preorders online sold out.

I just wish that these guys were alt costumes for Marth at this point because few of them are able to stand on their own legs. Chrom being a fan request is one of those "maybe we shouldn't listen to fans" moments tbh.
Hard disagree on Chrom tbh.

I remember when Smash 4 was coming out and the whole "Wtf Chrom was ROBBED!" thing happened. Back then, there wasn't a stigma against Fire Emblem, and people were more than upset at Chrom being passed over, especially in such a way to kinda poke fun at him. Chrom's an ultimately harmless addition that did have a surge of fan demand since people wanted him in.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I’ll make my opinions of Byleth pretty quick since I’m at work, but basically:

I really liked Three Houses and didn’t mind Byleth in the game, and I enjoy them being in Smash. I like the way they play, they’re a unique newcomer, I love the Garreg Mach stage, and the music is really nice.

I’ve liked all of the DLC in this game, so none of these days will be negative for me lol

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Just read the past 10 pages. Apparently FP11 is Jump Rope Bunny? That's cool, we should probably shut the thread then.

Oh yeah Byleth. I'm in the middle ground where I like Fire Emblem, I like Three Houses, I like Byleth as a character and I like his moveset, but I also think FE has way too many characters and really didn't warrant another one. So in a vacuum he's a good choice but in context he isn't. Not much else to say about him, back to Jump Rope Bunny hype

7NATOR

Smash Master
By the way. I was thinking about something regarding CP11

I think if CP11 does leak before the presentation, at least how this Site is concerned, I would advise against the following

-Posting with Spoiler tag or anything referring to the leak in the Leaked character's Support thread
-Pinging specific users known for being fans of the character due to the leak

When Chief was "Leaked" as CP10, even without having to see what was under the spoiler, I could tell the character was Master Chief because I checked his Support thread and saw bunch of Spoiled Comments. I think at the end of the day, even if you add spoilers, there's no winning when to comes to making something unspoilable since

-If they don't know there is a leak, they might be more prone to checking what is under the spoiler and getting spoiled
-If they do know there is a leak, the fact there are spoiled comments in the character thread would spoil the fact that character is the leaked one

And as an example, I Imagine if Evil Trapezium Evil Trapezium got a Bunch of pings, because Sgt. Cortez was leaked as CP11, I think he might be able to put things together that he was leaked and such

Then again, I think at the end of day, just knowing how things spread, I think the best course of action for anyone not to get spoiled is to leave sites like this, and really only have the Smash broadcast stream up for when it goes live. no other sites.

I think if you see leaks are around, and want to know NOT WHO Specifically the character is, but how potentially exciting the characters, I would only look at this general Thread right here because since it's not focused on one character, a Comment that's spoiled isn't gonna give away who the character is

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

I remember when Smash 4 was coming out and the whole "Wtf Chrom was ROBBED!" thing happened. Back then, there wasn't a stigma against Fire Emblem, and people were more than upset at Chrom being passed over, especially in such a way to kinda poke fun at him. Chrom's an ultimately harmless addition that did have a surge of fan demand since people wanted him in.
The Corrin controversy got me to pick up Awakening, and in hindsight, I can see why people were upset by Chrom being passed over; he’s legit an amazing character, being an admirable and brilliant leader while doubling as a adorably colossal dork in a lot of different scenarios. That would explain why people had no issue with his debut in this game, regardless of the apparent bloat of his home series.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I was pretty happy with Byleth's inclusion. I really liked Three Houses. I was never a huge Fire emblem fan but this one clicked with me. The best part though was we got bangin music tracks. Edge of Dawn peak.

should have been edelgard though

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The Corrin controversy got me to pick up Awakening, and in hindsight, I can see why people were upset by Chrom being passed over; he’s legit an amazing character, being an admirable and brilliant leader while doubling as a adorably colossal dork in a lot of different scenarios. That would explain why people had no issue with his debut in this game, regardless of the apparent bloat of his home series.
Probably has more to do with the fact he's an echo.
Had he been a wholly unique character, I imagine Chrom's good graces with the non-Awakening fans would be much diminished.

D

Deleted member

Another instance where our experiences differ, I guess? My memory of the situation was a very outspoken bout of "lmao Chrom was robbed" with "maybe next time" becoming a meme unto itself. People got into heated debates over who he'd be a clone of with most saying it would be Ike because he wasn't Marth enough, and that's the unfortunate story of Fire Emblem: people wonder who the next character will be a clone of and not how they would be unique because Fire Emblem as a franchise hasn't offered up enough variety in its Lord characters, but they're who we keep getting. People were stoked to see Robin because as bad as his durability mechanic is, it's a magic class and Fire Emblem wouldn't feel like Fire Emblem if it weren't for some badass mages flinging death at people from several spaces away.

And yeah, I guess Chrom is a harmless addition because he probably took no development time at all like the rest of the echo fighters, but it doesn't really sit well with me that Lucina and her dad are just the zero-finesse versions of Marth and his fiery knockoff. Echo fighters were billed as sidegrades with minimal, if any changes and then we have those two.

he’s legit an amazing character, being an admirable and brilliant leader
Did we play the same game? I remember Chrom as a bored prince whose dad's jackassery basically triggered a cold war and he left it up to his older sister to figure out while he went off to find randoms in the fields of his kingdom and recruit him to his roving goodwill brigade/police force. He found the plot lying unconscious in the road one day and had he not, everything would have just been him and his buddies getting babysitted by Frederick all day.

Maybe I'm overly critical of him but I hardly think "brilliant leader" when he left all of the hard decisions up to the hobo he found on the side of the road and immediately befriended.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Chrom gets a pass on account of me not falling asleep at the thought of him. Swinging at Casper is fun, leave me alone.
Marth and Roy are also fun.
Somebody else isn't.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

It's not as if he made Fire Emblem representation "worse" since he was just another bonus clone character.

Probably has more to do with the fact he's an echo.
Had he been a wholly unique character, I imagine Chrom's good graces with the non-Awakening fans would be much diminished.
There is also the fact that he got revealed in the same direct that had :ultsimon::ultkrool: and to a lesser extend :ultrichter::ultdarksamus: which helped a lot.

Shroob

Sup?
Another instance where our experiences differ, I guess? My memory of the situation was a very outspoken bout of "lmao Chrom was robbed" with "maybe next time" becoming a meme unto itself. People got into heated debates over who he'd be a clone of with most saying it would be Ike because he wasn't Marth enough, and that's the unfortunate story of Fire Emblem: people wonder who the next character will be a clone of and not how they would be unique because Fire Emblem as a franchise hasn't offered up enough variety in its Lord characters, but they're who we keep getting. People were stoked to see Robin because as bad as his durability mechanic is, it's a magic class and Fire Emblem wouldn't feel like Fire Emblem if it weren't for some badass mages flinging death at people from several spaces away.

And yeah, I guess Chrom is a harmless addition because he probably took no development time at all like the rest of the echo fighters, but it doesn't really sit well with me that Lucina and her dad are just the zero-finesse versions of Marth and his fiery knockoff. Echo fighters were billed as sidegrades with minimal, if any changes and then we have those two.

Did we play the same game? I remember Chrom as a bored prince whose dad's jackassery basically triggered a cold war and he left it up to his older sister to figure out while he went off to find randoms in the fields of his kingdom and recruit him to his roving goodwill brigade/police force. He found the plot lying unconscious in the road one day and had he not, everything would have just been him and his buddies getting babysitted by Frederick all day.

Maybe I'm overly critical of him but I hardly think "brilliant leader" when he left all of the hard decisions up to the hobo he found on the side of the road and immediately befriended.
The thing that doesn't really bother me with the whole "8 Fire Emblem characters" deal, is that this is basically the High-School reunion version of Smash. It's the Marvel vs Capcom 2, where the entire point is a big, bloated roster, before the next game probably slices things in half.

Other fighting games do these get-together games all the time to do big celebration milestones, so for Smash, it really does not bother me in the slightest.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Speaking of Awakening having never played it, did it also have extra stuff or it more like traditional fe?
It was the first game to include Casual Mode (aka no permadeath). As someone who dislikes permadeath if it’s for unique units (expendable units like in Darkest Dungeon or Lobotomy Corporation I don’t mind) it convinced me to start FE with Awakening. It’s overall more accessible too

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Awakening having never played it, did it also have extra stuff or it more like traditional fe?
Extra stuff is the name of the game because they were pretty sure Fire Emblem was going to die after it. It's basically where waifu emblem started and you can breed supersoldier children by shipping characters and unlocking their full grown offspring in bonus missions, and there's even bonus missions where you can unlock boss characters and dead people. Pairing up units is also the most broken **** imaginable.

It sucks ass, I highly recommend playing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The thing that doesn't really bother me with the whole "8 Fire Emblem characters" deal, is that this is basically the High-School reunion version of Smash. It's the Marvel vs Capcom 2, where the entire point is a big, bloated roster, before the next game probably slices things in half.
Sakurai himself stated that "Everyone is Here" is the main theme of Ultimate.

Many of you are likely already aware, but the concept for this entry is total inclusion: “Everyone is here!”

Every single fighter that has ever appeared in the series is back and better than ever, ready for you to take into the fray. Talk about a deal!

Being able to include every fighter is a real luxury, and–knowing that opportunity doesn’t knock twice–I seized the moment and twisted some arms to make this dream a reality. Thankfully, the folks at Nintendo agreed to help, despite the risks involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom