• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Like, I can confirm that the Wayback Machine shows that a snapshot of the page was saved today

Issue is, it was its first and only snapshot ever, there wasn't even one in 2020 when the page went live. If the point is trying to prove a "NINTENDO CHANGED SOMETHING!", then you really cannot, due to the fact there's nothing to compare it to except for today.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Actually thinking about it, what does the page getting Archived (only on this day in mind) prove that the Page was edited? Vet, the Twitter says that the page getting archived shows the Page was edited by Nintendo, but I don't know if that exactly correlates

I think the thing especially is that Any person could archive the Webpage. Since this is something that could easily be Photoshopped, if this pic is fake, then it's likely the same person who had that pic could have archived it also to make things more suspicious and make the leak itself more juicy.

The actual archive page doesn't really prove much since it doesn't have the Leaked copyright, and seemingly no differences from the page today, or in the past.

The only thing I could see is perhaps someone who pays attention to the site has some type of Auto Archiving software that could detect any changes, but with that I would think we would be able to have an archive of the Page with the Leaked copyright

Shroob

Sup?
Actually thinking about it, what does the page getting Archived (only on this day in mind) prove that the Page was edited? Vet, the Twitter says that the page getting archived shows the Page was edited by Nintendo, but I don't know if that exactly correlates

I think the thing especially is that Any person could archive the Webpage. Since this is something that could easily be Photoshopped, if this pic is fake, then it's likely the same person who had that pic could have archived it also to make things more suspicious and make the leak itself more juicy.

The actual archive page doesn't really prove much since it doesn't have the Leaked copyright, and seemingly no differences from the page today, or in the past.

The only thing I could see is perhaps someone who pays attention to the site has some type of Auto Archiving software that could detect any changes, but with that I would think we would be able to have an archive of the Page with the Leaked copyright
It honestly doesn't prove anything

Especially since the literal only archive of the page was today.

Like, if there were ones before it, sure, they COULD try to say "OH, THE PAGE WAS CHANGED!".... but there aren't any. That snapshot is the literal start of the archival process, there's nothing before it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
My opinion is
A) I don't understand why the copyright isn't centered? Like Mojang, Square, and Bandai's credits on their pages are perfectly centered so I don't see why this isn't. A small thing, really, but hey.
B) That picture is literally the blurriest image I've ever seen in my life like holy cow I genuinely had to reread it like 5 times while squinting to get the company's name
C) It's a small bit of text on a white background, one of the easiest things to fake of all time. I could probably edit that in MS Paint, let alone Photoshop lmao

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
No one set off that this copyright

Is different than this
View attachment 331426
and this
View attachment 331427
?
This is also true, and after looking it up, Doom Eternal also has the "a ZeniMax Media company" bit stuck at the end, so it seems like anything Bethesda related would have that on it. Doom also has separate text for Id Software and its logos, something that Mojang has on Steve's page, so yeah pretty much everything on other Bethesda copyrights points to this being fake.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Did anyone else notice Mario Party superstars highlighting King Boo? Like the still before the talking about the game featured him, it was about the board he's on and he wasn't even in the original board (though King Boo replacing Big Boo is a nice touch)

Overlooked candidate imo.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Shower thought I don't think has ever been brought up;
Min Min and Pyra/Mythra proved that base-game Spirits don't deconfirm the characters.
Kazuya proved that Mii costumes don't deconfirm the franchise they come from.

Does this mean we could get a fighter from a franchise that is already in with post-launch spirits?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Min Min and Pyra/Mythra proved that base-game Spirits don't deconfirm the characters.

Does this mean we could get a fighter from a franchise that is already in with post-launch spirits?
I feel like that could be the case with Spirit events that were part of the first Pass, but not the second one, since everything would've been decided already. So like Travis Touchdown is dead, but something like Resident Evil could theoretically be possible.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Did anyone else notice Mario Party superstars highlighting King Boo? Like the still before the talking about the game featured him, it was about the board he's on and he wasn't even in the original board (though King Boo replacing Big Boo is a nice touch)

Overlooked candidate imo.
The list of Nintendo characters that are more universally requested is too damn high for the undead greedy overlord to get in. He needs to wait his turn, just like the rest have.

After like, two or three more Mario characters, THEN we can talk turkey.

I think that people have been talking about RE recently with the thought that RE Spirit were during Pass 1's timeframe, so things may have changed.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So, basically it goes like this:

1# Person decides to make a fake leak

2# They decided on going the "SNK Leak" route, where "Nintendo leaked the copyright!"

3# Make fake screenshot

4# Manually archive the page on the Wayback Machine, which is something literally anyone can do

5# Post screenshot on Twitter

6# Have an accomplice bring attention to the Wayback Machine and say the site was 'changed'

The issue with their plan, however, is that despite the Website in question existing since Byleth's presentation in January 2020, it was never archived up to that point.... UNTIL TODAY, which just soo conveniently lined up with a supposed Nintendo copyright leak. It's very curious that the first time ever said site appears on the WBM, just happens to be a day where some bozos are claiming that Nintendo was covering up a supposed copyright leak.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Which means an Undertale character isn't out of the cards yet....

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not surprised that they only announced a Direct but I am surprised that it's that far away. Maybe Tokyo Game Show pushed it back IDK? It's going to be a long 12 days.

If only I had my old Chief avatar

Smooth Criminal
Cool to see you checking back in every once in a while. lol

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just find it funny it's the same day as Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl.

Which actually would make it hilarious if it's somehow not a game character. So, it won't be that hilarious then.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
If that Actraiser game REALLY wants to impress me, it'll add in the Actraiser 2 levels, and then make city building sections for them that were inexplicably left out of 2...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Wait there's a leak?
Yeah but it's like 99.999999999% fake.

Earlier today a person posted a blurry as hell screenshot of CP11's page and said that "Nintendo did a SNK leak again", and in the blurriness, there was Bethesda.

Then later, a 2nd person posted that the Wayback Machine supposedly showed that the page had been edited that day.

2 things though.

1# The Wayback machine does not show the page had actually been edited, and said page had conveniently only started being tracked by it the same day as the supposed leak.

2# The copyright info for Bethesda is wrong.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hypothetically speaking, would the copyright on any Bethesda character be the copyright info of when it was part of Zenimax or would it need to be updated to be different now that Microsoft owns it?

Shroob

Sup?
Hypothetically speaking, would the copyright on any Bethesda character be the copyright info of when it was part of Zenimax or would it need to be updated to be different now that Microsoft owns it?
I'd imagine it'd follow suit like the Vault Boy and Dragonborn costumes do, as Neon posted above.

Considering neither of them mention Microsoft, and at the very least Dragonborn was added long after the merger...

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Hmm

What I think what it might be hinting towards is we probably aren't getting a character like Kazuya or Steve, characters that would appeal to Audiences perhaps not paying attention to Smash specifically

I feel less inclined (Not impossible, just less inclined) to believe in something like Fortnite or Master Chief being the character as an example. Steve did get revealed in a Separate direct, but not only was there no Real Direct in 2020, but also it was tie in to Minecon

We had a whole Direct to show off who CP11 was today, but they decided not to do that. That doesn't mean the character would be unexciting, I'm just unsure if we are going to see Bombshell in New Territory, that characters like Chief and Jonsey would be example of. I'm thinking either it's new Territory that has more niche appeal the Some of the Big League franchises, or we are rethreading on Old ground in terms of character choices (already represented franchises)

Of course, what this could also be an example of is Sakurai wanting to keep tradition of the Final character getting revealed in it's own Presentation. Ever since Smash 4 Base game, none of the Final fighters have been revealed in a Regular Direct, but their own presentation, and this might be something similar now.

Personally I think CP11 Primary goal is to appeal to audiences already Playing Smash. Min Min, Pyra/Mythra, and Sephiroth already do that, but I think CP11 is gonna take it to a Higher level I think. Bayonetta is an example, as despite being a New Franchise (If Niche) her main reason for getting in was Fan requests due to the ballot (even if she was chosen before that was a thing).

They Didn't reveal this character in the Direct because this Character is for people already tuned into Smash I'm thinking. I have Two Particular characters in Mind, but you might Disagree
Let me guess, Shadow and Waluigi? Well I still believe an AT promotion is possible.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
What I think what it might be hinting towards is we probably aren't getting a character like Kazuya or Steve, characters that would appeal to Audiences perhaps not paying attention to Smash specifically

I feel less inclined (Not impossible, just less inclined) to believe in something like Fortnite or Master Chief being the character as an example. Steve did get revealed in a Separate direct, but not only was there no Real Direct in 2020, but also it was tie in to Minecon

We had a whole Direct to show off who CP11 was today, but they decided not to do that. That doesn't mean the character would be unexciting, I'm just unsure if we are going to see Bombshell in New Territory, that characters like Chief and Jonsey would be example of. I'm thinking either it's new Territory that has more niche appeal the Some of the Big League franchises, or we are rethreading on Old ground in terms of character choices (already represented franchises)
I agree. If it is a third party, to me, it's either Phoenix Wright or Rayman. Nobody else.

But it's most likely of first party, and on that, I would mostly bet on a Zelda character, or eventually an AT upgrade of Waluigi or Isaac.

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Late to the party, but a very interesting Nintendo Direct.

Really stoked they're bringing N64 games back. I can finally play Banjo Kazooie again after all these years, and it's likely they'll onboard Banjo Tooie later on down the line. N64 graphics Zelda OoT and MM is most welcome too. Pokemon Snap and Mario Kart 64... oh how I've missed you.

Mario Party with previous game boards and mini games is also great too.

I am still... processing... the Bayo 3 trailer. Definitely my most anticipated switch game at the moment and... yes, still processing... The trailer did say it wasn't actual gameplay footage so I'm chalking it up to a bad trailer.

Not really digging her new design but would be nice if that got into smash just for the sake of variety (highly doubt it though)

As for Smash itself, in a way, I think it's a good thing there will be one last proper send off presentation for it, instead of just a few minutes trailer in a Nintendo Direct shared with other games. It's not that far away anyway, so no biggie.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Also can I just say how jarring it was hearing the guy who normally dubs over Sakurai dubbing over Miyamoto?

That was just weird and threw me off entirely.
Could be worse. Could be Chris Pratt dubbing Sakurai and Jack Black dubbing Miyamoto. :4pacman:

...Still can't believe that wasn't just a fever dream lol.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Yeah but it's like 99.999999999% fake.

Earlier today a person posted a blurry as hell screenshot of CP11's page and said that "Nintendo did a SNK leak again", and in the blurriness, there was Bethesda.

Then later, a 2nd person posted that the Wayback Machine supposedly showed that the page had been edited that day.

2 things though.

1# The Wayback machine does not show the page had actually been edited, and said page had conveniently only started being tracked by it the same day as the supposed leak.

2# The copyright info for Bethesda is wrong.
1# is enough to discount it, but 2# isn't really true, they tend to format the copyright for Fighters and Mii Costumes differently, with the Fighters usually just showing the name of the company (I have absolutely no idea why), people used the same logic to explain why the SNK leak was probably fake too. I do find the positioning odd though.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
To add to this, I can literally, with my own eyes, see how edited in that Bethesda trademark is. They didn't even use Inspect, that's just Paint.
This ain't it, chief.
Not to mention I saw someone on Twitter pull off the same stunt with the words “Epic Games”, further proving that this **** can be faked no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom