• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I would buy your theorycrafting if the presentations were immediately after their reveals, which they weren't. Hell, Hero's and Banjo's presentations were months after their original reveals.
I mean if we're talking the characters that got a reveal and Sakurai Presents at the same time then, IIRC, all we have to go off of are Byleth and Min Min, neither of which are exceptions to the 10 AM thing.

And I don't think the dual presentation thing is all that relevant to be honest.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I assume the lack of Bayo's outfit disappearing is due to footage being edited for the Direct - that happened with Doom Eternal, where the Direct footage was edited so that attacks didn't blow chunks of flesh off of enemies, but that was included in the actual Switch release just like it was on all other versions of the game.
Oh, I actually didn't know that. I thought the just censored the Switch release.

I have been more reassured. Thank you for this.

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
Well, to the portion of you that successfully guessed a separate presentation for the final fighter, all I have to say is good call. The direct itself was pretty solid, too. One of the better ones overall IMO. Dat movie casting tho.

Think this topic can make it to 100K posts in less than 12 days?

I just thought of something evil (we've discussed this before too)

They reveal the Mii Fighter Costumes before the actual character
I actually do half expect them to do this, but only if there aren't other accompanying Mii costumes for the same franchise.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY PUT SMTV IN A ****ING SIZZLE REAL.

I AM SO MAD.
I'm not even into the SMT games and that still made my stomach churn.

I mean, I'd think the reason she didn't swear in the trailer was because the trailer's rating was E-M, they can probably show off M rated games, but they don't wanna go too hard, because there's probably kids watching.
I assume the lack of Bayo's outfit disappearing is due to footage being edited for the Direct - that happened with Doom Eternal, where the Direct footage was edited so that attacks didn't blow chunks of flesh off of enemies, but that was included in the actual Switch release just like it was on all other versions of the game.
This. It's probably a nothing burger. Now if there are standalone trailers and gameplay footage for Bayo 3 and that hasn't changed? Then I would start to be concerned. But let's give it a bit more time first.

it seems likely to me the fighter is gonna be really controversial. the characters that dont get shown in directs and are reserved to being revealed in the sakurai presents are generally ones that will make people unhappy. like byleth.
So I was in the Phoenix thread, and one of the Users @amageish made a really good point about CP11 potentially

They said that perhaps one of the reason they might want to show off the Fighter in their own Presentation instead of the Direct is because The Moveset Explanation is more important than usual for this character, either because this character is Very niche and needs to sell on more than just the Character and Franchise itself, or even if the character is popular, Perhaps to avoid potential controversary they want to both Reveal and then explain the moveset
It's hilarious how perfectly the stars are aligning for an absolutely MARVELOUS reveal. Lots of smashers and speculators will be very surprised should it come to pass, but I won't be.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, to the portion of you that successfully guessed a separate presentation for the final fighter, all I have to say is good call. The direct itself was pretty solid, too. One of the better ones overall IMO. Dat movie casting tho.

Think this topic can make it to 100K posts in less than 12 days?

I actually do half expect them to do this, but only if there aren't other accompanying Mii costumes for the same franchise.

I'm not even into the SMT games and that still made my stomach churn.

This. It's probably a nothing burger. Now if there are standalone trailers and gameplay footage for Bayo 3 and that hasn't changed? Then I would start to be concerned. But let's give it a bit more time first.

It's hilarious how perfectly the stars are aligning for an absolutely MARVELOUS reveal. Lots of smashers and speculators will be very surprised should it come to pass, but I won't be.
We're not getting questionably aged ***** ninjas.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Looking for Charles Martinet voice cameos during the movie is going to a fun little side game.
Ready to start a riot if he's not playing Toadette

The original VA took to Twitter and basically said people will have to get used to her not being Bayo anymore. Suddenly, Bayo trailer and Bayo sounds different than usual. She's performing attacks without her outfit becoming more revealing which is iconic to the series, and she didn't swear in the trailer.

I'm saying that Nintendo making Bayo 2 happen and seemingly fully funding Bayo 3 may have had them enforce their ideas into the game.

Time will tell, and I'm sure the game will still be good.
It's been a few years, but IIRC Platinum were concerned about how to implement the Peach outfit and Nintendo said "she needs to be sexier". It's very, very likely that the actual game will be more intense than the trailer.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Direct was good, I'm so hype for the final presentation! (ALSO FINALLY BREWSTER IN AC)

Disappointed about the NSO news. I'd understand more if it was also Gamecube and Wii games. The extra money I give will do nothing to improve the half baked online service. A bit annoying but it is what it is. It's just kinda funny Nintendo wants to entice people to pay more when their online services are...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Ready to start a riot if he's not playing Toadette
He's never played Toadette so I doubt he would do it here.

Aside from the Mario Brothers their warui counterparts, and Bowser, it seems he mostly just voices Goombas, Dry Boneses, Thwomps, and Boos, so I wouldn't be surprised if he just voices a bunch of mooks (or if his portrayal of Mario is snuck in there somewhere).

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Direct was good, I'm so hype for the final presentation! (ALSO FINALLY BREWSTER IN AC)
Yeah it was good, but I still don't know why people apparently liked it more than the E3 one. It has a golden like ratio, while the E3 one, which had more exciting reveals has a more negative like ratio.

Maybe E3 just brings people's expectations up too high.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah it was good, but I still don't know why people apparently liked it more than the E3 one. It has a golden like ratio, while the E3 one, which had more exciting reveals has a more negative like ratio.

Maybe E3 just brings people's expectations up too high.
Wouldn't be surprised if people were upset that E3 gave us like 30 seconds of BotW2 footage with 0 context. I think most people were expecting this E3 to HEAVILY focus on BotW2, but, yeah.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Honestly, I'm kind of okay with the final character being shown on Oct. 5th. I'm in the middle of a vacation right now so had the character been shown off and I didn't care for them, the following disappointment combined with the awkward contemplative dread of realizing something I've been a part of for 3 years just ending like that might have hindered my vacation a bit,

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hungrybox: "NINTENDO HAS STARTED WAR WITH NICKELODEON"
Sakurai: "What's a Nick All-Stars? I just wanted to end on a Tuesday since my very first Presentation video with Joker was on a Tuesday."

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I will say this about today's Nintendo 64 announcement:

I'm somewhat impressed they went through the trouble of negotiating with Microsoft to get Banjo-Kazooie on NSO. Given how generally lazy Nintendo has been in regards to getting major third-party titles onto the NES and SNES libraries, going out of their way to get a fan favourite game that was never been offered on the Virtual Console is a good investment.

Plus, Nintendo 64 is easily the Nintendo console with the furthest to go in terms of emulation. For most of these games, this will likely be the most accurate emulation we've ever seen of them.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I will say this about today's Nintendo 64 announcement:

I'm somewhat impressed they went through the trouble of negotiating with Microsoft to get Banjo-Kazooie on NSO. Given how generally lazy Nintendo has been in regards to getting major third-party titles onto the NES and SNES libraries, going out of their way to get a fan favourite game that was never been offered on the Virtual Console is a good investment.

Plus, Nintendo 64 is easily the Nintendo console with the furthest to go in terms of emulation. For most of these games, this will likely be the most accurate emulation we've ever seen of them.
We also saw stuff like castlevania Bloodlines and Contra Hard Corps on the Genesis, which is interesting cause I would have figured having those games also exist on collections available on Switch might have been too conflicting for Konami's liking.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
So, let's all play the million dollar game

WHEN
DO
THEY
DROP

Their presentation is at 7am PST/10am EST, but do they drop that day, or at a later day? The same-day drops are few and far between, but at the same time, that's the week of Metroid Dread.
I prefer to think of it as a send off. Smash ends its cycle and NASB starts theirs.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
But uh yeah

before I go to bed let’s have one last laugh at that now dead Doomguy “leak” from earlier with the blurred inspect element screenshot

rest in pepperoni

yeah. that gave me a good laugh but it’s 200% dead now since they didn’t actually reveal anyone today

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It just hit me literally right now that Smash 64 isn't in the lineup of games coming to NSO.

No me gusta.
Not on the roster yet.

There are a lot of N64 games not on there.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Nintendo is really trying to screw me with these times.

I was able to call in a couple favors to get off work today to see the Direct, but I don’t think my school is gonna let other people cover my schedule on the 5th.

Last edited:

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
Well, if “mute theory” is still a thing, guess who STILL doesn’t have a voice yet(and likely won’t have one on October 5th)?

LOL

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
We will get Banjo Kazooie but the Real Patrician man taste Rare game. Aka Goldeneyes, even more with Online multiplayer, won't happens because of licencing issue
We will get the worst clone aka Perfect Dark
This is the wrong timeline. Cinderace is last. I wanna go back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom