• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
Not to mention that there was probably already concept art made for Big Bird considering that they showed up as early as Samus Returns in the Chozo Memories.
bird.png

"Remember when I left birdseed on Zebes for you to follow, adopted one?"

:4pacman:

....Oh right

League of Legends Worlds starts the same day as the Sakurai Presents, huh?

Probably just a coincidence.
Not only that, the Sakurai Presents and the Worlds 2021 opening are only a few hours apart. Coincidence?

Probably, yes.
Yes, I'm pretty damn sure that's just a coincidence and nothing more.

The only edge case I can see is if Riot intentionally put Worlds' start to follow the Presents a la Minecon - and even then that will not guarantee a League character. TBF they're playing that in Reykjavik this year (GMT) and they started last year's Worlds (which used the same format) 18:00 locally. The Sakurai Presents will be 15:00 GMT.

However, such a thing will require Nintendo to intentionally coordinate with Riot / Tencent on this specific thing. I'm not going to toss the possibility away, but I'm not going to say it's anywhere near a favorite either.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Only way I see this happening is if there’s a bonus echo like Jane Hairbones aka Violet

and even then I doubt that
There's no better way for Smash Spec to end than with the true end of the Jane Wars.

Noipoi Noipoi wake up samurai.

The war's not over yet.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Well, I understand why for Genesis: None of those games are owned by Nintendo, they had to license every single one. That isn't the case for N64.
Probably has something to do with the storage size of N64 games, you might need to pay for better servers because of it.

It could also be a case of Nintendo just charging more because they have an easy excuse to do so.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
On Twitter Nintendo has not yet said "This Character will be the only one show". How likely do you think we could get a Plant type deal?
It's possible I suppose. Nintendo's made it very clear from the start when it happens.

But I wouldn't say it's likely. A happy possibility sure, but by no means guaranteed.

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 331378

"Remember when I left birdseed on Zebes for you to follow, adopted one?"

:4pacman:

Yes, I'm pretty damn sure that's just a coincidence and nothing more.

The only edge case I can see is if Riot intentionally put Worlds' start to follow the Presents a la Minecon - and even then that will not guarantee a League character. TBF they're playing that in Reykjavik this year (GMT) and they started last year's Worlds (which used the same format) 18:00 locally. The Sakurai Presents will be 15:00 GMT.

However, such a thing will require Nintendo to work with Riot / Tencent to coordinate such a thing. And that's the main reason to press X to doubt. I'm not going to toss the possibility away, but I'm not going to say it's anywhere near a favorite either.
Haven't they already worked with Tencent? Unite's done by them isn't it. And also, couldn't it be more that the character was done(Which it is at this point let's be honest), and they just held off revealing it until Worlds?

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Bayonetta 3; I'm confused on why they ended on this. I never cared much for Bayonetta either and it's kind of a niche franchise. The gameplay looks interesting though. I'm happy for people excited about Bayonetta.
It's probably because there were enough "where's Bayonetta 3?/Bayonetta 3 must have been canceled" comments to draw attention from the devs. There is quite a bit of interest in the title.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Probably has something to do with the storage size of N64 games, you might need to pay for better servers because of it.

It could also be a case of Nintendo just charging more because they have an easy excuse to do so.
You can't be telling me that Nintendo doesn't have enough to fund better servers. They're no small indie company. They have hundreds of millions of dollars to fund servers to emulate decades-old games.

They don't need to charge more. They're doing it solely because they can lol.
Aw ****

Here we go again

Hi Tehpony! How ya doin?
Not too bad. Busier than ever, but I figured I was here when this whole thing started, so I might as well be here for the end of it all.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
....Oh right

League of Legends Worlds starts the same day as the Sakurai Presents, huh?

Probably just a coincidence.
Here's the thing
People could probably pick up LoL if Summoner's Rift is in the trailer somehow.

But then maybe only the LoL fans and a few others would recognize Ahri before her splash screen or something.

Unless Sakurai mega trolls and does something like this:
"The last fighter is from LoL. that's right! In fact, here's a list of potential champions that could be CP11. We'll give you 1 minute to look at it and guess who it is!"
1 minute later
Alright, let's see who it is!
Trailer

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
They don't need to charge more. They're doing it solely because they can lol.
It's very possible this could be the case also, but Nintendo is a company, they need to make money whenever they can. I wouldn't necessarily agree with it if that's the only reason though.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Here's the thing
People could probably pick up LoL if Summoner's Rift is in the trailer somehow.

But then maybe only the LoL fans and a few others would recognize Ahri before her splash screen or something.

Unless Sakurai mega trolls and does something like this:
"The last fighter is from LoL. that's right! In fact, here's a list of potential champions that could be CP11. We'll give you 1 minute to look at it and guess who it is!"
1 minute later
Trailer
I mean, that latter outcome punches the wind out of the reveal tbh.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
1 minute later
Trailer
Ew awkward silence for audience interaction...

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Watch October 5th reveals Summoner from Fire Emblem heroes as the final fighter.

That or Father Balder making it all the end of Sm4sh all over again.
I think it's pretty sound logic that they wouldn't do a dedicated direct called "the final Smash character" if it was a first party promotional character. They would have just revealed it in the direct.

Then again, you were one of the people predicting an announcement of an announcement if I'm not mistaken, so you could be right.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
I mean

The tweet is pretty clearly saying the FINAL fighter, not fighters. I don't really think they need to elaborate when they use that wording.
Yeah that is most likely the case. I'm not expecting anything like that, just wondering what everyone else thoughts are.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Yeah that is most likely the case. I'm not expecting anything like that, just wondering what everyone else thoughts are.

Maybe Sans will break out of the mii costume after Waluigi breaks out of the assist trophy, we're definitely getting a standalone sans fighter..

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It's very possible this could be the case also, but Nintendo is a company, they need to make money whenever they can. I wouldn't necessarily agree with it if that's the only reason though.
You're right. Nintendo does need to make money whenever they can.

Which is why they didn't pass up the opportunity to upcharge Nintendo Online members to play the same old games they've charged for before countless times in the past.

There's no other reason; just Capitalism at its absolute finest.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
If it's Waluigi they're definitely gonna reference "everyone is here" and emphasize Waluigi breaking out of the trophy just to maximize the meme.

This is Capitalism at its absolute finest
Which is unfortunately the idealogy that the United States falls under.. Should we start an uprising or something? I get it, a company is being bad. It's literally nothing new, there's no company this big in the world that isn't.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Anyway, even if the dates coincidentally line up on the same day, within mere hours of each other, it prob ain't League

I hope
It's in the realm of possibility, but it won't happen. It's either Master Chief, Kratos or Waluigi.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Maybe Sans will break out of the mii costume after Waluigi breaks out of the assist trophy, we're definitely getting a standalone sans fighter..
Like, next game? Maybe. Sans would be kinda cool, but I wonder if they'd rather use Deltarune in the future since it's, y'know, the new game.

7NATOR

Smash Master
You're telling me.

I played LoL for 5 somewhat years.

The thought of it getting into Smash kinda makes me retch lol
I thought you would like League in Smash?

On Twitter Nintendo has not yet said "This Character will be the only one show". How likely do you think we could get a Plant type deal?
Waluigi Baby

To be honest, I personally think it's still possible, against all Odds. The thing is that I don't think they would reveal a Bonus Fighter until all the Fighter Pass Fighters were accounted for, and I think wording things different than what is is being worded as right now (this being the last Fighter) would give away there being a Bonus Fighter, which I don't think they would want to do

The thing is that This Fighter would have no Presentation, probably just a Trailer (that might not even be CG) and a Short Synopsis on their Moveset. None of the Base game characters (except for Ridley, kind of), really had much explanation on their moves compared to the DLC Fighters, and that also Includes Plant, who has just a short description of what they can do

Though I'm not exactly banking on it though, but if there were to be one, I think it would Definitely be Waluigi. There's been some inside talk of him for a Long time, and the fact that Nate Said he had a a chance, if it doesn't help, it doesn't hurt, Plus just in general the other circumstance like having Reggie talk to Sakurai about Him

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Like, next game? Maybe. Sans would be kinda cool, but I wonder if they'd rather use Deltarune in the future since it's, y'know, the new game.
Nope.. this game. He's clearly gonna be the super secret bonus fighter revealed after the "final fighter" You have to stay until right after the end of the Sakurai presentation to unlock the secret ending though.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I just thought of something evil (we've discussed this before too)

They reveal the Mii Fighter Costumes before the actual character

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You have to stay until right after the end of the Sakurai presentation to unlock the secret ending though.
Sakurai got his ass beat by Toby Fox so now we have to do a No Damage Sans boss run to unlock him smh

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Amingo erasure is not tolerated here. :4pacman:
I didn't erase anything. Waluigi is my main prediction. If it isn't him then it will be someone who breaks the internet to an equivalent extent. I still think it's gonna be him though.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Which is unfortunately the idealogy that the United States falls under.. Should we start an uprising or something? I get it, a company is being bad. It's literally nothing new, there's no company this big in the world that isn't.
I mean, ideally Capitalism can be overthrown or reigned in, but that's not the point of my argument.

My argument is that Nintendo has no reason (e.g. paying for expanded servers) to upcharge Nintendo Switch Online members, and is doing so purely because they can stand to gain more money.

Cynical for sure, but I think it always bears repeating that Nintendo is far from an altruistic company, nor are they our friend.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I find it hilarious that people are talking about a League of Legends character AGAIN for Smash because of some stupid timing that is 99.9 repeating percent just a coincidence.

Hey guys, did you know that the Mr. Sakurai Presents is happening on the launch day of Nicktoons All-Star Brawl? Maybe that means Spongebob really WILL get into Smash!

Remember all those other times so many of you were convinced we were getting a character because X game was coming out or having a big event at X time? None of those happened either.

Steve isn't even an argument because he's the exception to the rule. We know for a fact that character reveals more often have nothing to do with an event or anniversary. Depending on what information you believe, DQ originally was planned to be in the base game, so that would mean that originally it wasn't timed to advertised DQ11. Little Mac is another exception, but on average characters just happen when they are scheduled.

Anyway, I'm excited to see who Sakurai is holding onto for this long. I wonder if they managed to end this pass with a bang after all.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
My argument is that Nintendo has no reason (e.g. paying for expanded servers) to upcharge Nintendo Switch Online members, and is doing so purely for additional profit.

Cynical for sure, but I think it always bears repeating that Nintendo is far from an altruistic company, nor are they our friend.

And my point is that every company is like this and can't be changed. People always complain about it but still support their products, nothing can be done about it. The food that you buy at the grocery store is also owned by a cynical company. Why do people always target Nintendo as if they're the worst company in the world? They probably wouldn't even make top 5, top 10 or top 20.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom