• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm still annoyed that we have to pay a subscription to play these games instead of letting us just buy them.
I want to BUY these N64 games so I'll always have them on the Switch. What happens when Switch Online ends in the future? Are these games just gone then?
Can I advocate for piracy and emulation here?

Asking for a friend

Handy Man

Smash Ace
All I want for the last Smash presentation is an updated “Everyone is Here” trailer. The trailer back at E3 2018 only had the veterans and Inkling included. but there have been a lot of newcomers and echos added since then. It wouldn’t feel ultimate to me unless we got to see the cast all together one more time.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Dont quite understand that I'd say if any game punishes you for not playing everyday it would be Genshin mpact because of how you have to do your dailies to get the said rewards for that day and for the fact that you could be missing out on a character you could pull which makes you go on and feel obligated to get primo gems to pull a character. Animal Crossing really doesn't force you to play every day you can go days without playing and nothing in your town would change. But eh what can I say
That's the difference. Genshin rewards you for playing with a chance to get a new character. If you don't, nothing else happens, you don't lose Artifacts or Weapons, etc.

Animal Crossing punishes you if you don't play - at least Wild World and City Folk did. One day or two of not playing or time traveling to check the shop and my town would be full of weeds and villagers moving out. You actively lose stuff in-game by not playing.

Ultimately, I've gone a lot of time without playing Genshin and nothing happened besides me not getting Primogems. With Animal Crossing, a week without playing is a guaranteed bad thing happening in my town. Maybe it's become more lenient post-City Folk, but that's pretty much why I quit AC.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
All I want for the last Smash presentation is an updated “Everyone is Here” trailer. The trailer back at E3 2018 only had the veterans and Inkling included. but there have been a lot of newcomers and echos added since then. It wouldn’t feel ultimate to me unless we got to see the cast all together one more time.
Yeah I would imagine we'll get something in the vein of that or this at the end of the presentation.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That's the difference. Genshin rewards you for playing with a chance to get a new character. If you don't, nothing else happens, you don't lose Artifacts or Weapons, etc.

Animal Crossing punishes you if you don't play - at least Wild World and City Folk did. One day or two of not playing or time traveling to check the shop and my town would be full of weeds and villagers moving out. You actively lose stuff in-game by not playing.

Ultimately, I've gone a lot of time without playing Genshin and nothing happened besides me not getting Primogems. With Animal Crossing, a week without playing is a guaranteed bad thing happening in my town. Maybe it's become more lenient post-City Folk, but that's pretty much why I quit AC.
Well in New Horizons villagers don't leave if they don't have your approval, flowers don't wilt and while weeds still grow, at least you get a pittance for plucking them and sellling them.

What I can't stand in mobile games if the exploitation of FOMO. Don't roll well in the Christmas event? Say good bye to that season character variant forever!

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
I think the saddest part about the Direct for me is that other than Kirby, the most exciting things announced were the announcements of other Directs.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm still ded. Fortunately, the Metal Blade Solid universe's afterlife has a really good internet connection.

Vergil look-a-like from Bayonetta 3 is the final fighter. :yeahboi:
Imagine if the whole game was a huge Infinity War style Clover/Platinum Games crossover.

I mean...Astral Chain is already unquestionably here somehow.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Well in New Horizons villagers don't leave if they don't have your approval, flowers don't wilt and while weeds still grow, at least you get a pittance for plucking them and sellling them.

What I can't stand in mobile games if the exploitation of FOMO. Don't roll well in the Christmas event? Say good bye to that season character variant forever!
Good. I'd still rather have days pass in-game rather than in real time, but what can you do.

And Genshin barely had any FOMO like that. There were a few events in the beginning, but most stuff nowdays ends up becoming available afterwards anyway.

Hey cool, League of Legends Worlds 2021 starts on October 5th. Would be an epic day for Ahri in Smash :D
Not only that, the Sakurai Presents and the Worlds 2021 opening are only a few hours apart. Coincidence?

Probably, yes.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I once didnt play NH for a month and I barely had any weeds villagers also dont mive out or move in without your say now so no, not play NH for a week wont have anything bad happen in your town at all. Villagers dont even guilt you for not playing for a long time like they used to

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I don't think they've ever felt the obligation to fully illuminate the character's functionality with their reveal trailer. The point is just to make them look cool.

Take Steve or Kazuya. Complicated characters, certainly not entirely explained at their first showing. The intrigue of how their moveset works isn't a downside. At E3 they even basically teased Kazuya being elaborate and then were like "tune in later to find out wtf is going on!"

You're not giving people much credit for being able to tell existing movesets from new ones, which is a pretty rudimentary ability for anyone halfway familiar with the series.
True, it is most important to make the Character seem really Cool, but Here's the thing

It's all about the Surface with the Trailers, and unlike the other DLC Characters we have in Smash Ultimate, Shadow has a Really Similar body Type and look to Sonic, and I also imagine he's gonna share certain abilities like Homing Attack and Spindash (though I Imagine they wouldn't be Specials in Shadow's Case).

We have characters like Terry being called Hat Ken, Hero being Link Clone, or Kazuya just being another Shoto (despite him not being a Shoto), and none of those characters have such a close Resemblance to Another Character like Shadow does with Sonic, so it's gonna be even worse for Shadow in that case, because unlike the other Characters, You can much more easily tell the contrast between those characters and characters already on the Roster. If you just look at Steve, you already know he's Completely different from the other characters, and Same with characters like Min Min, Banjo & Kazooie. You don't really get that with Shadow if you aren't familiar with the Series, which while I'm sure Lots of people know of Shadow, they might not be familiar with his Actual character and abilities, and on the Surface, he is just Black, Evil Sonic.

I do Imagine Shadow would be one of the Flashiest characters in the game if he was added, but I think alot of people are still gonna just assume he's just Black Sonic, even if they see the trailer. Take FighterZ as an example, Despite the Goku's having different movesets, Alot of people still just see them as Another Goku, and with that being a factor, you gonna have to do more to sell the character

Alot of people would be able to Tell the difference between Sonic and Shadow just based of the Trailer, but alot of other people are not as well-in tuned with Smash to be able to even tell certain movesets apart, and Nintendo/Sakurai need to sell the character to these people too.

That's what I'm saying. Having the Demonstration just makes sure that everyone is on the same Page about Shadow being his own unique character, and not some sort of Echo fighter, because even if the Trailer does showcase crazy abilities you won't see Sonic do, Many people might just focus on the surface and just assume he is an Echo, so you gonna need to dispel that. yes

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I once didnt play NH for a month and I barely had any weeds
Like I said, it probably got more lenient then.

I can't tell you how many WW and CF files I had to restart because I wanted to play different games and when I came back my town was covered in weeds and I didn't recognize half of the people in there...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It's definitely the first game in the series where that happens. In Animal Crossing: New Leaf they could just leave without saying goodbye.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So no Smash reveal eh?

Figured as much. The ride continues!
I knew this was going to be the case as with the first Pass and Sm4sh DLC.

Being the final character they'd want to continue on with this hype a little longer.

Onwards to October 5th!
Excuse me while I also sip my tea.

Sips tea

Puts it down

Quietly
I told you so...
OK you can have your satisfaction, but please don't spam us with it alright?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
These less then two weeks will fly by as soon as you know especially given how fast this year was.

Better too since I'll be home on that day.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
On Twitter Nintendo has not yet said "This Character will be the only one show". How likely do you think we could get a Plant type deal?
I mean

The tweet is pretty clearly saying the FINAL fighter, not fighters. I don't really think they need to elaborate when they use that wording.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
On Twitter Nintendo has not yet said "This Character will be the only one show". How likely do you think we could get a Plant type deal?
Only way I see this happening is if there’s a bonus echo like Jane Hairbones aka Violet

and even then I doubt that

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Here's my thoughts on all of the big announcements from the direct.

Mario Party Superstars- Horror Land is a great choice, I personally would rather have Western Land or Waluigi's Island over Yoshi's Tropical Island. Minigame battle royale mode looks good.

Kirby Game- Looks great. I'm glad they're going with something new because Kirby has gotten stale over the years. A kirby game that is basically like 3D World sounds like an interesting premise.

Smash- Honestly I wasn't expecting them to announce an announcement, I even argued with multiple people over this. Clearly I don't know as much about what Nintendo is choosing to do with the final character as other people on this board do. October 5th isn't that long, I can ride out this wait for 2 more weeks. Also I think it's basically guaranteed that this won't be a first party promotional character, so I am happy about that.

N64 and Sega Genesis for NES Online- Awesome announcement, it just sucks that you have to pay extra for it but I understand why.

Mario Movie casting-A Nintendo direct seems like kind of a weird place to see an announcement like this. I think there are some great choices and some weird choices, Chris Pratt is a great actor but I'm not sure why he was casted as Mario. Jack Black is a good choice for Bowser though.

Splatoon 3-Never had any huge interest in the splatoon franchise but it looks fun. It seems like they are adding a lot of cool new abilities to this game.

Bayonetta 3- I'm confused on why they ended on this. I never cared much for Bayonetta either and it's kind of a niche franchise. The gameplay looks interesting though. I'm happy for people excited about Bayonetta.

Overall I would probably give it like a 7/10. If there were a couple of more announcements I cared about, and Smash actually get a reveal trailer I would have cared a little bit more. But I enjoyed the direct.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
0%

That's PT.

It'll air at 10:00 AM in the west (Assuming that's where you live).
"The West" is too large to give a specific time to. America alone is in at least 3 different time zones.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
That's PT.

It'll air at 10:00 AM in the west (Assuming that's where you live).
airing at 7 here

I think this is very possible tbh, they might do a free “bonus” character for the people who bought both passes

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The tweet is pretty clearly saying the FINAL fighter, not fighters. I don't really think they need to elaborate when they use that wording.
No Shroob you don't understand, Sakurai and Nintendo are known trolls and liars and this is definitely a false flag to bait people into thinking Fighter's Pass 3 isn't in development. :nifty: Or something along those lines.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
They shouldn't have to when it's labelled as the "final Smash Ultimate" presentation. It's important to use context clues to figure stuff like this out. Nintendo doesn't always have to spell it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom