• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
On the topic of the Bethesda thing Thinking about it i’m pretty sure the date for the supposed release date was the 31st of December. I don’t think sakurai would reveal doomguy in early early October and then make us wait 3 months before releasing it. I don’t think sakurai has ever done that with characters. Definitely more likely fake

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Don’t like to ask to others, but PSIGuy PSIGuy does your “source” still confident for MC after yesterday’s events?
Lemme paraphrase the last two screencaps I got.
Pre Direct said:
Insider: Can't wait to see some reactions :ultkazuya: (yes they used kaz at the end llike that)
Friend: IT'S TOMORROW????
Insider: Yep.
Post-direct said:
Friend: the reveal's later????
Insider: Lol (LITERALLY "Lol")
...I don't know if that's confident or just ****posting but it doesn't seem like they expect anyone else :V

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Speaking of release dates, do you think there's a chance we'll get the character on the day of the presentation? Or do you think it'll be by the end of October?

I could see either of these happening, tbh.
Honestly?
Given the October 5th maintenance, it fr could be released the day of.
Or Nintendo is based and they release it on my birthday, the 19th

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Ok, so no hints, no data leaks, no speculation. This LAST Mr. Sakurai Presents video is going in blind the week after on Tuesday.

I don't know who it is, but that is what Sakurai wanted to do. Fitting since how deep the internet goes to find information.

One more ride to the Final Destination.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Maybe it's Stockholm syndrome but I'm actually starting to feel a little warm and fuzzy about the coming final Sakurai Presents. Maybe this was actually better than getting the reveal last evening. :187:
Nah, I think it's because we know for sure when we'll find out now instead of all this uncertainty. That, and we have a couple more games to look forward to in the meantime

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Speaking of release dates, do you think there's a chance we'll get the character on the day of the presentation? Or do you think it'll be by the end of October?

I think we'll get them by end of October most likely.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Byleth was like, a week or two after he was revealed, so I imagine the same would apply for this character as well.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Judging by the maintenance that day I’m calling same day drop

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’m still pretty hyped that we’re finally getting RARE games back on Nintendo consoles. I’m probably not paying the extra online fee until there are a lot more games but I will think about it at some point. Hopefully they bring over Battletoads, Killer Instinct, and Perfect Dark in the future. I would like to think this helps the odds of getting more RARE characters in Smash down the line.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
tbh Goldeneye 007 as it originally was on NSO would feel a bit anticlimatic at this point

Everyone just wants the canceled HD remake/remaster that was actually finished to be released on both Xbox and Switch with crossplay. If the licensing issues with that game could ever be resolved (they prolly won't) I'd much prefer them going back to that instead of just plopping the original ROM on NSO, and leaving Xbros in the cold.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
The good news is that there would be no such licensing issues with Perfect Dark and that game was a spiritual successor with many improved features. I’d love both but I’d be more than happy to settle for Perfect Dark.

Firox

Smash Master
I actually really like Bayonetta's new voice. It suits her appearance and hairstyle here, which I also adore. I'm pretty psyched about this. The hair in particular, I cannot get over it. I love braids, even if my own hair is sadly too curly and frizzy for them.
100% agree. Funny how the trailer was showing off all the demons in actions yet I was still hung up on how awesome her new hairstyle is.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
I actually really like Bayonetta's new voice. It suits her appearance and hairstyle here, which I also adore. I'm pretty psyched about this. The hair in particular, I cannot get over it. I love braids, even if my own hair is sadly too curly and frizzy for them.
I definitely agree with that and I adore her new look too. Hopefully that appears in Smash 6 if she is in.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
That took me a good bit of time to get through... 11 pages later.... Master Chief or Doomguy for smash! (prolly not cause fake leak is fake). But of those 2 I'd prefer MC. Though I've literally never even touched an Xbox system or played Halo I think the character is more popular than DG.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
That took me a good bit of time to get through... 11 pages later.... Master Chief or Doomguy for smash! (prolly not cause fake leak is fake). But of those 2 I'd prefer MC. Though I've literally never even touched an Xbox system or played Halo I think the character is more popular than DG.
I personally prefer Doomguy but either would be cool. I would prefer the Battletoads or Fulgore over either one of them though. I would say it’s due to their history with Nintendo but the bigger reason is just that I prefer those characters and played their games quite a lot.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Aren't Bayo's new braids slightly based on Cereza from Bayo 1? Not gonna say much else, but that's what I gathered at least.
It's exactly that.

This Bayonetta isn't the Bayonetta we play as in 1 and 2. This is the another version of Cereza/Bayonetta from Bayo1.

Which would explain she being in Tokyo, her mannerisms being a bit different, and even the recast for her english VA.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Inb4 Goldeneye 007 on switch
And James Bond is in Sm-
Ha good luck! Nintendo and Microsoft would have get the okay from MGM/Danjaq (The copyright holders of the 007 franchise) as well as the okay from every single actor that played the characters in the film. Considering how stubborn MGM/Danjaq is with James Bond and their stance on violence, it's not gonna happen.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Oh.....I have something for you to think hard about.

Would you want to get this game?
capsule_616x353.jpg
Or wait for the last challenger?
Screenshot_20210923-174816_YouTube.jpg

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
Aren't Bayo's new braids slightly based on Cereza from Bayo 1? Not gonna say much else, but that's what I gathered at least.
The theories, man...

All in all, last night's Direct was E3-levels of hype for me. Brand-spankin-new Kirby game in actual 3D, a definitive release date for Disco Elysium on Switch, N64 and Genesis games coming to NSO (including Banjo-Kazooie (!!!!!)), GBA Castlevania collection dropping immediately (what a dope way to pass the time until Dread, I'm having so much fun), our first legit, incredible look at Bayonetta 3, and the beginning of the definitive countdown to the final character in this three-year-old Ultimate saga. So much that got me hyped and happy to be a Nintendo fan again.

I'll be honest, though, I am kinda crushed that the final Sakurai Presents will only be 40 minutes. That seems like a long time, but between the character reveal trailer, Sakurai's breakdown of their history, moveset, stage, and music, demonstration, Mii costumes, and possible Amiibo reveals...that really doesn't leave a lot of time for anything else. Like any new modes or what he has planned for the future of the game (and by that I just mean Spirit Events, patches, etc, obviously not new characters).

I know I'm being overly sentimental toward a game that was released 3 years ago, but I would've really liked for it to receive a send-off as grand in tone as its reveal.

Either way, it's going to be an intense morning. It's two weeks away and I already feel like I'm going to need a splash of whiskey in my coffee...

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Which would explain she being in Tokyo, her mannerisms being a bit different, and even the recast for her english VA.
I said this in another thread, too but her Japanese voice actor also seems to have changed.

So, yeah, a different voice actor is almost surely a conscious decision, giving more credit to the idea that this is a different version of Bayonetta.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ha good luck! Nintendo and Microsoft would have get the okay from MGM/Danjaq (The copyright holders of the 007 franchise) as well as the okay from every single actor that played the characters in the film. Considering how stubborn MGM/Danjaq is with James Bond and their stance on violence, it's not gonna happen.
And that's not even getting into the rights to the James Bond theme itself, which should be absolutely essential given that the N64 game remixed it so much.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I think one of the giveaway hints was at the title reveal. We know Ceraza and Jeanne are the last 2 umbra witches alive. Bayonetta 1 and 2 was a timeloop of the villian that terroized Bayonetta. Now, if this Ceraza was in fact the girl returned to her own time and grown up with a different attitude, then we got some catching up to do.
Screenshot_20210924-093931_YouTube.jpg

Although, one of the biggest mysteries to keep us hanging is this new figure....
Screenshot_20210923-181155_YouTube.jpg

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I said this in another thread, too but her Japanese voice actor also seems to have changed.

So, yeah, a different voice actor is almost surely a conscious decision, giving more credit to the idea that this is a different version of Bayonetta.
I didn't know that.

Then it's even more obvious she's not the same Bayonetta we play as in 1 and 2. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point of Bayonetta 3 we had both Bayos somehow meeting each other again.

This Bayo also gave me more of a "cute" feeling compared to the one we know

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'll be honest, though, I am kinda crushed that the final Sakurai Presents will only be 40 minutes. That seems like a long time, but between the character reveal trailer, Sakurai's breakdown of their history, moveset, stage, and music, demonstration, Mii costumes, and possible Amiibo reveals...that really doesn't leave a lot of time for anything else. Like any new modes or what he has planned for the future of the game (and by that I just mean Spirit Events, patches, etc, obviously not new characters).
Finally, the chosen one has appeared. One who wouldn't go "40 minutes? That's so long! They must be doing something special/extra."

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I will say that James Bond is probably the only "fourth-party" character you could make a relatively strong case for. Not for the likelihood, mind you (which is zero), merely the merit.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Also y'all are happy now about 64 NSO but wait till it's been a few months with no new titles on it only for shovelware like the other NSO services
I mean, you're not wrong. But to my guilty pleasure, seeing some of the random titles we got for NES and SNES makes me hope we gets some of the more random games for N64, like Quest 64, Chameleon Twist, Nightmare Creatures, etc. And there's just as much possibility for the gems like Ogre Battle, Turok, Mischief Makers, Body Harvest, etc.
It may be just me, but I am curious on what will be the more random stuff they bring.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Do you guys think that if we get more RARE games on NSO beyond just Banjo-Kazooie, that it would help the chances of getting another character from that company at some point? Maybe it’s just wishful thinking but I’m really hoping this starts a renewed interest in their games and characters from Nintendo fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom