• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylexv

Smash Master
Reposting my Direct thoughts from the previous thread

Quick Direct Thoughts:

• Kind of weird to open the direct with Monster Hunter Rise DLC of all things
  • The first 3D Kirby game...ever just got revealed. Very excited to check this one out when it launches (Apparently this got leaked? Someone, please elaborate)
  • Mario Golf update was expected. Too bad nobody cares about that game anymore.
  • The leaked Castlevania collection getting shadowdropped was pretty interesting.
  • A bit bummed that we didn't get the Smash reveal, but I'm glad we got a concrete date that's less than 2 weeks away
  • Splatoon 3 news was expected but quite welcome.
  • We FINALLY see Bayonetta 3 footage after almost 4 years. Although I don't like the new voice for Bayo....
Overall slightly above average. Knew it wasn't going to be as good as the E3 direct going in so I'm not terribly surprised. There's nothing I'm overly ecstatic about, but also nothing that really disappointed me.

...Oh, and the Mario Movie news was the most elaborate ****post I've ever seen. Was laughing my ass off the entire time.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Well, after spending yesterday boldly calling that we'd get the reveal today, and being dead wrong, I'm feeling... pretty good! A tad egged, but having it all done in one final presentation is cute, and it's nice to have a solid date instead of being in some kind of hellish purgatory for who knows how long.

I do hope it's either Reimu or Porky, but my final prediction is Waluigi. That said, I'm open to nearly anyone, of course. It'll be fun to see how things end.
I'll chill here a little in the meantime~ :p

regulus tera

Smash Apprentice
The fact that this reveal is at 10AM EST tells me this is a character that doesn't have primarily Western or Worldwide appeal. Rough American times:

Joker: Revealed in the evening, don't remember the exact time..
Hero: Presentation at 9AM EST.
Banjo and Kazooie: Presentation at 6:30PM EST.
Terry: Presentation at 10AM EST.
Byleth: Presentation at 10AM EST.
Min Min: Presentation at 10AM EST.
Steve: This is the one that breaks the mold since it was at 10:30AM EST, but only because it was meant to segueway into Minecraft con or whatever that is called.
Sephiroth: Presentation at 5PM EST.
Pyra/Mythra: Presentation at 10AM EST.
Kazuya: Presentation at 10AM EST.

EDIT: Fixed some timestamps.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
My thoughts on the Direct: I was hyped for Kirby, Castlevania, and N64. And Genesis?? Who predicted that?? I'm a bit sad about Xenoblade but at least I still got Future Connected and other games to hold me over.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I actually really like Bayonetta's new voice. It suits her appearance and hairstyle here, which I also adore. I'm pretty psyched about this. The hair in particular, I cannot get over it. I love braids, even if my own hair is sadly too curly and frizzy for them.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I dont think I'll get over that amazing Bayo 3 trailer featuring Vergil from the Devil May Cry series.
It wasn't him. We all know Vergil will only come with the Ultimate Edition of Bayo 3.

That was a great Direct. Loved Kirby, Metroid Dread, Splatoon and Bayonetta 3.

AND A NEW GAME FROM YOKO TARO, MAN. ******* YOKO TARO.

ALSO PAPER MARIO AND BANJO-KAZOOIE ARE COMING TO THE NSO AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER OKAY.

But here it is. Two more weeks. We know for a fact this will end then and there.

No Donkey Kong or new Xenoblade was weird, tho. Also thought SMTV would get more than, like... 5 seconds of attention.

Finally, I am now scared of what will become of the Mario movie. That is all.

EDIT: Also, on the Genesis stuff... guess who's getting to play classic Phantasy Star now, huh Ivander Ivander and Speed Weed Speed Weed ?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hey guys, just to let you guys know the Direct thread is still up. Keep all of that in there if you can. I opened this thread back up so y’all could have a place to discuss and speculate the Smash character since that wasn’t revealed here today.

So yeah, stay on topic or I’m just going to have to lock it again. If you got thoughts on the direct. Leave them in this thread:

Last edited:

Bakabridget

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bakabridget
it seems likely to me the fighter is gonna be really controversial. the characters that dont get shown in directs and are reserved to being revealed in the sakurai presents are generally ones that will make people unhappy. like byleth.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
it seems likely to me the fighter is gonna be really controversial. the characters that dont get shown in directs and are reserved to being revealed in the sakurai presents are generally ones that will make people unhappy. like byleth.
Watch it be another Fire Emblem character. That will bring the complaints and salty tears! :troll:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
In a bizarre turn, we get symmetry of how the last pass ended via the reveal of WaByleth, the Waluigi like counterpart of everyone's favorite FE protagonist.

SKX31

Smash Master
So my thoughts overall:

• Solid Direct, although it featured quite a lot of stuff we knew about.
  • NSO expansion pack... not a fan of the implied price hike for the N64 / Genesis games. Other than that I'm relieved to see that they're commiting to quite a lot of N64 / Genesis games.
  • Jack Black as Bowser is the highlight and I'm not changing my mind ever. Ditto with Seth Rogen as DK. Miyamoto and Illumination better not waste this opportunity. Wonder what Martinet will do though. Still hesitant over the movie, but still.
  • They're doing something new with Kirby, which is a major plus. My only question is whether they'll deviate away from an Eldritch Abomination as the villain, given that Star Allies had one.
  • Chocobo Racing looks interesting, wonder how much they'll change from the PS1 original.
  • I found the fact that the Dread VA and Splatoon 3 researcher acted so in-character and yet threw curveballs like "visit metroid.nintendo.com" unintentionally hilarious. Otherwise both games had solid trailers.
  • Capcom and S-E were the main third party providers this time around, but didn't expect Paradox to chip in two additional titles there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom