• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Wait is the presentation confirmed to be 40 Minutes?
Yeah, the Twitter posts announcing it are already up.

The first reply has Nintendo confirm it's roughly 40 mins.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As odd as some of the choices were, at least Mario and Bowser have VA experience, having been Emmett from The Lego Movie and Po from Kung Fu Panda.

Can't for Luigi to flip out.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I think the the more telling things about the character rather than the time would be them waiting to a Separate Presentation to reveal them, when the Direct was right here, and of course being the Last Fighter.
So wait, are you saying the last character will absolutely be a more low key third-party character like Estelle or Adol? Hopefully if one of them were to be playable we'd get a ton of music tracks similar to Terry.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
October 2nd is my birthday. This will be the second (and last) consecutive time a Smash reveal is on the week of said birthday. Last time it was a character I was extremely happy about. Let's see how it goes this time~

The people at Nintendo who absolutely know who I am and did this just for me better not forget.

Last edited:

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Was I the only one just about cackling from start to finish during the Mario cast announcement?

Truly some "don't let your memes be dreams" moments.

Though actually I did stop at Charlie Day to go

Though that might just be because I like Charlie Day.

Anyway this is your new Luigi

If Chris Pratt crowned himself Lord of Hollywood and started starring in everything... well, I'd keep buying tickets for a few years until my brain melted at least

If this actually goes well he should go full hog and play Mickey Mouse

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Ayy, I was right about the Smash presentation. Next prediction is that it's a Nintendo character but that's as far as I'll go. I haven't a clue who it'll be because there's Nintendo characters and there's "Nintendo" characters.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Would love to have that Rude Buster remix playing in Smash. Didn't think the wait between Deltarune's PC/Mac & Switch release would be that short.

Here's to another 2 weeks of speculation hell

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
For reference Kazuya and Byleth had a 40 min presentation. Kazuya had a relatively complex moveset whilst Byleth was obviously completely unknown until the reveal so looking at these 2 for precedent would probably be best, even if there might not be too much to gather. Also gimmicks aren't always concordant with the lengths of the presentations. Hero for example was shorter than Banjo's by a surprising amount despite having a way less complex moveset than the former.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So just to double check, can anyone compare the time lengths of the presentations except Starting with Hero to Kazuya? The last fighter will be 40 minutes long.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
PART of me thinks that the separate presentation makes a first-party character less likely, but realistically they would have done this anyway and it tells us ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the viability of any candidates

Only referring to the fact that they didn't drop it in the Direct, feel free to make deductions from the presentation's timing itself

D

Deleted member

Alright so because this is indeed truly the final Ultimate presentation, the only thing I'm asking for that doesn't involve who CP11 and the final Mii Costumes are is for the closing segment to be a video montage featuring all the characters in Ultimate including DLC. That would honestly be the best sendoff to the last update video.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think doing the presentation separately has any bearing on whether the character is first or third party.

What it does mean though is they can't do a fake-out trailer that pretends to be unrelated to Smash and then surprise it's a Smash reveal.

Shroob

Sup?
40 minutes feels a little short for a final presentation. I wonder if the character will be on the simpler side.
40 mins is the upper-end of character presentations tbh.

I think what people to expect to happen, be it a huge retrospective on the series, just isn't going to happen, we effectively already got one in Kazuya's presentation.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
40 mins is the upper-end of character presentations tbh.

I think what people to expect to happen, be it a huge retrospective on the series, just isn't going to happen, we effectively already got one in Kazuya's presentation.
Yeah you're probably right. I guess I was expecting the presentation to be slightly sentimental but maybe it won't be.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Okay, so, being as this is potentially the final hours before we find out the final character, I figured I should join in on the fun and give me thoughts so they are written down before hand in case they are right.

So first things first, let me state that we are not guaranteed a character today. papagenos papagenos goes over this in his video and the crew over at Gamexplain also tackles this idea. I honestly would not be surprised if we only get a date here for a future Smash only event.

But…

If we do get our final character revealed today I think one of two options will occur.

1. A Nintendo character

This is a Nintendo Direct that is not E3, so this make me feel like a Nintendo character is most likely. I see a Zelda character or a Pokémon rep as most likely. Waluigi would come in a third.

As for a surprise? I could see an Advanced Wars rep as we draw closer to the release of the remake, and I believe we are missing the Advanced Wars Assist Trophy? Other than that King Boo or Porky for various reasons or even Isaac as a dark horse could fit the bill.

2. SMT V Rep

If it is not a Nintendo Rep, this is the other pick that I could easily see happen. This is exactly what I would expect Nintendo to think is a high note ending. It is third party therefore a guest star, and it is being heavily endorsed in their directs. Honestly, I still feel
like this is the most likely character.

But who I want the most?

Master Chief

As the game has evolved from Nintendo’s All-Stars Fighter to Video Games the Video Game, this feels like the best character to round thing as out.

Shroob

Sup?
Alright so because this is indeed truly the final Ultimate presentation, the only thing I'm asking for that doesn't involve who CP11 and the final Mii Costumes are is for the closing segment to be a video montage featuring all the characters in Ultimate including DLC. That would honestly be the best sendoff to the last update video.
We technically got that in Kazuya's presentation. Sakurai already gave a little lookback with a "It's been a long time" speech in that one.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
They're demonstrating a degree of confidence in the reveal to hype it like this. I think it will be somebody interesting.
They've done this like, twice before. It demonstrates nothing out of the regular.

They ****in' revealed Robin and Lucina like this back in Smash 4 days. They revealed Byleth like this and like no one liked Byleth.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
40 minutes feels a little short for a final presentation. I wonder if the character will be on the simpler side.
I’m feeling that too. Relatively simple character, but it’s padded out with some final miscellaneous additions like stages, other small features, and a retrospective

Final presentation huh? As unlikely as it is, I really hope they go all out and add 3 bonus stages and a bonus echo, purely so that the stage and character select screens will be perfect rectangles.
What if Jane Hairbones is real and we get Violet as a Joker Echo 😳

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
For a quick comparison, each Sakurai Presents:

Hero: 21 min
Banjo & Kazooie: 25 min
Terry: 48 min
Byleth: 38 min
Min Min: 35 min
Steve: 45 min
Sephiroth: roughly 40 minutes, couldn't find the original and had to rely on eyeballing the timer
Pyra/Mythra: 36 min
Kazuya: 40 min

So it's hard to say whether or not the character is complex like Steve and Kazuya, or if they just have a lot of content to explain, like Terry and Sephiroth.

Guess we'll see.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I mean
Simple character but potential echo?
can't help but think Crash and Coco as an easy but good example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom