• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well I'm leaving Smashboards until after the direct. See you on the other side.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I mean Theguy said he doesn't know how to use smash boards and stuff.
Dude if you wanna show it with a spoiler tag, put the link in media by clicking on the three dots, and then making that media cover a spoiler and NOT an inline spoiler.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Well, no time like now to do my final set of predictions. I think we're down to four company choices; Nintendo, Konami, Sega, & Capcom. Just for the sake of it, I'll include one I feel is most likely, as well as possible long shots:

Nintendo
Most likely: Gen 8 Pokemon or Octoling - Too much of a lucrative well to be entirely ignored in both cases and ones that could easily be included.
Long Shot: The proverbial 4th main character of various IP's already in Smash; Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, or Impa.

Konami
Most Likely: Bill Rizer/Lance Bean - Konami's kept up an interest in Contra even as of now, and there's potential with gun mechanics.
Long Shot: Sparkster from Rocket Knight Adventures - Complete fantasy pick, but one that would oddly be a platform character & sword fighter in one.

Sega
Most likely: Dr Eggman - One of the most famous video game villains of all time & one that bring in a great deal of new content to Smash
Long Shot: Arle - A prominent Sega character in Japan and with a series that ties back deeply with Nintendo for decades.

Capcom
Most likely: Phoenix Wright - Big history with Nintendo, games released with consistency in the last few years, and one of the few Capcom IP's untouched by Smash.
Long Shot: Amaterasu - Total dark horse (wolf?) that would stand out with abilities, art style, and just being a quadruped.

Likely dead wrong with all these guesses, but regardless of how things go? It's been a pleasure speculating and guessing with all of you.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
https://twitter.com/bottlesthemole/status/1441102338324795394?s=21

Here’s the link that goes over it. You’ve all been warned. It’s been taken down apparently by Nintendo now but it leaked via Terry style. Here’s an image.
This doesn't look legit. I'm not saying it isn't, but it's pretty clever to take the "well I guess they took it down" angle when somebody goes to look for themselves. They can also hide behind "avoiding unwanted spoilers" as to why they blurred it, rather than to mask a potential hackjob. Though Inspect would've sufficed...

Anything is possible, but I don't buy this. At all.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
A blurred image

Are you ****ing joking lmao

Is there like any actual proof here or is this Bottles guy just screwing with us
He could use inspect element too

like at least take a video with your phone or something

wait you could use inspect element then too

yeah, pressing X to doubt

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I did not click on the link.
But know that this could be a picture by someone that's good at editing images and wanted to mess with us Smash fans.

Though Shroob's comment "Ok so _____" makes me think that it's a company who, if mentioned to you, a very particular character would come to mind.. Oh boy.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
This doesn't look legit. I'm not saying it isn't, but it's pretty clever to take the "well I guess they took it down" angle when somebody goes to look for themselves. They can also hide behind "avoiding unwanted spoilers" as to why they blurred it, rather than to mask a potential hackjob. Though Inspect would've sufficed...
agreed which is why I said apparently as things these days can be faked. They didn’t seem like they were joking though. They seemed like they were serious and to the ones in the comment asking if it was legit they were saying yeah.

I hope it’s fake though because we’ve made it so far without anything leaking so far in terms of smash so would be nice to get along the end of the line

Shroob

Sup?
agreed which is why I said apparently as things these days can be faked. They didn’t seem like they were joking though. They seemed like they were serious and to the ones in the comment asking if it was legit they were saying yeah.

I hope it’s fake though because we’ve made it so far without anything leaking so far in terms of smash so would be nice to get along the end of the line
I mean, if you're trying to pass a fake off as legit, how else would you act?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Did any big name leakers like Imran or Zhuge verify?

if they said nothing it’s likely fake

if they said “no” it’s 100% fake

Theguy123

Smash Lord

don’t have a clue. Gonna have to wait a bit to see if it spreads And if it spreads enough then one of them will surely pipe up and either confirm or deconfirm it

Dukefire

Smash Master
Either the time is...
Ehh.......maybe not that response with time now short
or the time is

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Bethesda

Heh

Well looks like that salt truck I backed in here 2 weeks ago was just what the doctor ordered.

(if this is legit I'm cool with it but totally did not expect which is pretty much true for all the characters lol)

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'm not supposed to be here so I'll make it quick before I dip again.

I've been around on-and-off since the base-game speculation cycle. I've seen a lot, and had a lot of takes on a lot of things, some of which were pretty dumb in retrospect. I've met some nifty people and hopefully some others got to know me a tad.

A lot has changed in my own life throughout these three years, but Ultimate's hype cycle has remained one of the only consistencies. It'll be strange knowing it's done, but at least I'll be able to focus on modding in relative peace.

Thanks, people.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master

Zhuge's probably not going to speak until possibly about 10 minutes before the Direct. He's only leaked Steve IIRC with the "dataminer" tweet, and that was 10 minutes before his reveal.

I dunno if Imran does the same since I don't follow him, but still. The Min Min leak he did was kinda close to the trailer that revealed her, right?

Regardless, I don't believe that blurred image for a second, and I heavily doubt those two would believe that either since they're much more tightly connected to the games industry than we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom