• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I'll give you the echo fighter advantage point, but Chun-Li is pretty popular with fans of her series too? In fact moreso than both Ryu and Ken.
if i had to guess the most standout popular SF characters are akuma, chun-li, cammy, Ken, bison, Haggar, juri, sagat, balrog, sakura, and the twins. also MAYBE Cody

ryu is the symbol but hes not really a popular character.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
A magical girl anime where the protagonist loses their powers and gets killed by a truck full of toys in retaliation to a toy company pulling their funding from the show.
This is true by the way.
Hey whatever happened to the Homura (from Madoka) in Smash guy? Ngl Homura would be kinda lit

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Your pfp is to fitting.
Maybe, it won't happen anyway. And I'm not one of those "character x is impossible" crew members, I've always been a stounch defender of Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo, Steve, heck I can even see CJ from GTA getting in.

I don't believe for a second Sakurai is willing to break the limit of "only videogame characters" though, at least I hope so. Not happening.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Maybe, it won't happen anyway. And I'm not one of those "character x is impossible" crew members, I've always been a stounch defender of Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo, Steve, heck I can even see CJ from GTA getting in.

I don't believe for a second Sakurai is willing to break the limit of "only videogame characters" though, at least I hope so. Not happening.
Oh yeah, I don’t think anyone here really thinks Goku has a legitimate shot. Its just a bunch of memimg and whatifs.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Hey guys what's u-

Sees Goku talk

The day Goku gets in Smash dies.
Calm down, the Famicom Mukashibanashi Series is an excellent classic and deserves some form of representation in Smash.

1139. Goku & Chao - Fair Spirit Battle - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate -  YouTube

Yes, this is literally the 2nd time in 24 hours I've made this joke and I will keep making it everytime there's a Goku discussion because you guys keep making it way too damned easy.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Calm down, the Famicom Mukashibanashi Series is an excellent classic and deserves some form of representation in Smash.

Yes, this is literally the 2nd time in 24 hours I've made this joke and I will keep making it everytime there's a Goku discussion because you guys keep making it way too damned easy.
The thought of this monkey banging on my door chanting IT'S ME! G O K U over and over again is the single most terrifying thing ever

blackghost

Smash Champion
wow, i read through a thread that is both talking about goku AND complaining about the smash 4 ballot. 2021 feels like 2020 just continued.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
No need to be so dramatic lol.

The day Goku gets in is the day Speculation gets thrown on its ****in' head, but Smash will still be Smash, just as it's always been.
I'm serious lol, since I don't believe Sakurai will ever do it, Goku in Smash happening would mean someone else has taken control of the series and I don't expect it to remain of the same quality we've been spoiled to. So yeah, it could definitely signal its end, I'm being real here. It'll happen sooner or later that the series drops in quality nothing lives forever, but I'm confident that until Sakurai is at the helm it won't happen.

Goku in Smash would feel like such a big corporate-fueled money grabbing decision that it would open the floodgates for **** like Spiderman or Darth Vader, people would start clamoring for them and sooner or later they'd burn everything down. Honest here.

I know some people feel that Steve was also a corporate move and something like a Fortnite rep would be (I disagree, kinda), but still they make surely total sense in the rules of the franchise so why not? Kinda hard to explain, it's good to push the limits, but limits exist for a reason. Goku would be a fantastic guest for a game like Tekken, for example, if they would be able to implement that properly. Not Smash though, it has become too iconic and it's still too relevant and quality to lessen itself with these characters.

I know it's a meme, but Ridley was a meme as well. So this scares me lol. In the end though I repeat, I know it'll never happen so whatever.

In b4 he is fighter pack #11

SharkLord

Smash Hero
No need to be so dramatic lol.

The day Goku gets in is the day Speculation gets thrown on its ****in' head, but Smash will still be Smash, just as it's always been.
"Just as it's always been" he says, the day before God-%$#@in'-zilla the 50+ meter tall nuclear dinosaur barges into Smash by way of sliding dropkick
1610400212416.png

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
The thought of this monkey banging on my door chanting IT'S ME! G O K U over and over again is the single most terrifying thing ever
Are you sure? Need I remind you that One-Winged Kong is a thing?

Or better yet-imagine Sephiroth with DK's face trying to break your door down while chanting the above.

If that doesn't give you nightmares, nothing will.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
While I know some people don't like this Goku talk, I think since Smash 6 won't be able to reunite the entire cast the way Ultimate has, the only way it can top Ultimate is by brining in non-video game characters like Goku and Iron Man. If not the next smash game is going to be a total dud imo

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Are you sure? Need I remind you that One-Winged Kong is a thing?

Or better yet-imagine Sephiroth with DK's face trying to break your door down while chanting the above.

If that doesn't give you nightmares, nothing will.
But all that doesn't matter because One Wined Kirby is canonically the scariest thing ever to exist.

SKX31

Smash Master

Hey, either way a Monkey King would get in (as with any other video game Monkey King, seriously that guy is all over the place), so I consider it a win of sorts. Especially since it's the type of character no one would expect, but a character based around that would be fun to play as.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I have a bold prediction. I’m not sure if this’ll will age poorly in the coming months or not but... I think the last 3 characters will all be coming from unrepresented companies. The big ones I can think of are Falcom who has NO content at all and is what I would consider the SNK of this pass. Arc System Works who I find is actually quite suspicious with having a random spirit event but nothing else. And Koei-Tecmo who is probably the most obvious choice with how close they are with Nintendo. Other studios I would say make sense are Activision, Bethesda, and Ubisoft though I’ve noticed that western companies are often not as high up on the list as Japanese companies.

However, here’s the kicker. I don’t think the Lloyd or Monster Hunter costumes are coming back this pass. I think we’re getting post Pass 2 DLC and we’re getting a Namco and a Capcom character then.

Whether it’s Pass 3 or individual DLC, I think those two companies have dipped in and out of speculation and may be in a Sephiroth/Steve situation where the deals just weren’t finalized in time for Pass 2.

Big prediction but I think it’s a reasonable possibility.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm serious lol, since I don't believe Sakurai will ever do it, Goku in Smash happening would mean someone else has taken control of the series and I don't expect it to remain of the same quality we've been spoiled to. So yeah, it could definitely signal its end, I'm being real here. It'll happen sooner or later that the series drops in quality nothing lives forever, but I'm confident that until Sakurai is at the helm it won't happen.

Goku in Smash would feel like such a big corporate-fueled money grabbing decision that it would open the floodgates for **** like Spiderman or Darth Vader, people would start clamoring for them and sooner or later they'd burn everything down. Honest here.

I know some people feel that Steve was also a corporate move and something like a Fortnite rep would be (I disagree, kinda), but still they make surely total sense in the rules of the franchise so why not? Kinda hard to explain, it's good to push the limits, but limits exist for a reason. Goku would be a fantastic guest for a game like Tekken, for example, if they would be able to implement that properly. Not Smash though, it has become too iconic and it's still too relevant and quality to lessen itself with these characters.

I know it's a meme, but Ridley was a meme as well. So this scares me lol. In the end though I repeat, I know it'll never happen so whatever.

In b4 he is fighter pack #11
Nintendo purists thought third party characters would ruin the franchise in the pre-brawl days, and now video game purists like you think non-video game characters will ruin the series.

Its really not a hard rule that Goku cannot be in smash, just that Sakurai stated e would not do it some years ago. We don't know even know why Sakurai said that, it may not have even been his choice and that direction could have een coming from Nintendo.

As anyone who works in project management or operations knows, project requirements and limitations change with time. I don't think Goku would be a corporate sell out, but instead giving fans what they want. Just like Nintendo did all they could with first party characters and had to move on, they'll come a point(if they haven't already reached it) where they've done all they can to keep the game fresh with gaming characters.

There is no reason to think the quality of the game would go down.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I have a bold prediction. I’m not sure if this’ll will age poorly in the coming months or not but... I think the last 3 characters will all be coming from unrepresented companies. The big ones I can think of are Falcom who has NO content at all and is what I would consider the SNK of this pass. Arc System Works who I find is actually quite suspicious with having a random spirit event but nothing else. And Koei-Tecmo who is probably the most obvious choice with how close they are with Nintendo. Other studios I would say make sense are Activision, Bethesda, and Ubisoft though I’ve noticed that western companies are often not as high up on the list as Japanese companies.

However, here’s the kicker. I don’t think the Lloyd or Monster Hunter costumes are coming back this pass. I think we’re getting post Pass 2 DLC and we’re getting a Namco and a Capcom character then.

Whether it’s Pass 3 or individual DLC, I think those two companies have dipped in and out of speculation and may be in a Sephiroth/Steve situation where the deals just weren’t finalized in time for Pass 2.

Big prediction but I think it’s a reasonable possibility.
I mean we do still have those four WoL slots remaining after this pass ends so your theory may have some merit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom