• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushufasa

Smash Cadet
Anywho, back to my list of Nintendo Series I would have liked to be in Smah (in no order):
  • Excite!
  • Balloon Fighter (Honor your mentor, Iwata, Dammit!)
  • Ring Fit Adventure (Dragaux, only)
  • Golden Sun (if not Brawl, it apparently will never happen)
  • 'Wars (legit stage control, traps all over the entire field as specials)
  • Rhythm Heaven (wish it happened in Sm4sh)
  • Panel de Pon (I just want a magical girl)
  • Custom Robo
  • Nintendo Arcade
  • Chibi Robo (the game I wish got that 'promo' spot instead of Corrin, the game that NEEDED it)

And list of bolstered characters towards series already in:
  • Dixie Kong (wish it happened in Brawl), DK Jr echo (wish we got this in Melee)
  • Meowth, Eevee, (and to an extent- Rillaboom... because a sequential Starter final of the final type would do it for me)
  • Daruk, Revali, Urbosa, Mipha
  • Octoling
  • Tom Nook
  • Bandana Dee
  • Alph (or any other one- echo)
  • Toad (Captain Toad, preferred)

I know this is 24 characters- but this would perfectly round out the Nintendo roster in Smash, for me.

It is unfortunately far more complicated for third parties- but if I could just get 20 more of my choosing, that would also help. List is elsewhere.

It was when I first realized all of this that I realized the roster cannot be 'perfect' in my eyes, so it might as well just be fun to see what happens. Characters like Min Min, Steve, Kazuya, Banjo & Kazooie, and even Terry and Hero, would all have been on this list, though.
Some All Stars I think are truly needed, if I can only get twelve:
  • Scorpion
  • Lara Croft
  • Sora
  • Eggman
  • Bomberman
  • Doom Guy
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Rayman
  • Agumon
  • Angry Bird
  • Jill Kennedy
  • Frogger
  • Lara Croft
I like your choices! 😃

Do you think a fighter from Excite Bike and Balloon Fighter would have a neat moveset? They gave Captain Falcon a moveset so I'm sure they could give -anyone- a moveset when they set their mind to it, I've just never really considered how an Excite Bike driver or Balloon Fighter would actually play. Know any good moveset images / videos for them?

For Scorpion, would you be satisfied with a "Rated Teen" version of him? They made it work for Mortal Kombat VS DC, so I know there are versions of Mortal Kombat characters that -could- fit into Smash. But would it feel satisfying enough? I think if a T rated version of a Mortal Kombat character was in Smash I would be most satisfied with Sub Zero as opposed to Scorpion. But that's just me though!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Region issues aside, doesn’t Dragalia already have one foot in the grave? I recall seeing the devs announcing it’s getting less content going forward which might as well be saying, “we’ll finish the story and milk another summer banner or two before we pull an Old Yeller”.
Not necessarily. Apparently, Dragalia isn't the only CyGames title getting affected. Granblue Fantasy is also getting less content, Uma Musume has had nothing but reruns for a good bit at this point, and the English release of World Flipper is only NOW coming.

Personally, I think this is due to Covid.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
I think Alis, Nei or Rika would make much more sense as a classic PS rep. I do appreciate you at least trying to do your research tho!
It was more of how Matoi fit into the story of PSO2. Classic was not the goal. Most integral to the story was.

Also a Phantasy Star Rep would be a huge shout out to Sakurai as Phantasy Star is how he got into the video game industry.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
It was more of how Matoi fit into the story of PSO2. Classic was not the goal. Most integral to the story was.

Also a Phantasy Star Rep would be a huge shout out to Sakurai as Phantasy Star is how he got into the video game industry.
Mate, they were trying to add a classic Phantasy Star character and I just told them who I thought were the best picks. I don't know what you mean

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Still funny that, in the end. Smash Bros ends up having a better Fire Emblem roster, than Fire Emblem Warrior, a Fire Emblem Game.
I really don't get why people say this when it's bafflingly wrong lmao. Leaving aside Byleth because they literally didn't exist yet, the only Fire Emblem characters that Smash has that Warriors didn't were Ike and Roy. Meanwhile Warriors had a ton of popular Fire Emblem characters that aren't in Smash.

Caeda, Celica, Lyn, Takumi, Camilla, Owain, Tiki, Minerva, Navarre, Xander, Leo, Ryoma, Tharja, Azura, and Anna are all popular characters. And even others like Frederick, Linde, and Oboro are remembered fondly by fans of their games.

Anyone who unironically says Smash has a better Fire Emblem roster than Warriors did is either a Smash fan who didn't actually play Warriors (or possibly even Fire Emblem in general) or an annoyingly stubborn Ike or Roy stan.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
I really don't get why people say this when it's bafflingly wrong lmao. Leaving aside Byleth because they literally didn't exist yet, the only Fire Emblem characters that Smash has that Warriors didn't were Ike and Roy. Meanwhile Warriors had a ton of popular Fire Emblem characters that aren't in Smash.

Caeda, Celica, Lyn, Takumi, Camilla, Owain, Tiki, Minerva, Navarre, Xander, Leo, Ryoma, Tharja, Azura, and Anna are all popular characters. And even others like Frederick, Linde, and Oboro are remembered fondly by fans of their games.

Anyone who unironically says Smash has a better Fire Emblem roster than Warriors did is either a Smash fan who didn't actually play Warriors (or possibly even Fire Emblem in general) or an annoyingly stubborn Ike or Roy stan.
Yeah but some of those characters shouldn't be popular.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I like your choices! 😃

Do you think a fighter from Excite Bike and Balloon Fighter would have a neat moveset? They gave Captain Falcon a moveset so I'm sure they could give -anyone- a moveset when they set their mind to it, I've just never really considered how an Excite Bike driver or Balloon Fighter would actually play. Know any good moveset images / videos for them?

For Scorpion, would you be satisfied with a "Rated Teen" version of him? They made it work for Mortal Kombat VS DC, so I know there are versions of Mortal Kombat characters that -could- fit into Smash. But would it feel satisfying enough? I think if a T rated version of a Mortal Kombat character was in Smash I would be most satisfied with Sub Zero as opposed to Scorpion. But that's just me though!
Scorpion- I was quite fine with how they portrayed him in 'versus DC.' There wasn't anything that felt missing.
However, as much as Mortal Kombat is gorey, it is campy- I figured they would lean into that camp in this game, which would be just as true to character.
I still think he would have Final Smashes (plural) that yell, 'Finish Him!' and I don't need to hear the word, 'Fatality,' when I can hear, "Friendship?" I also think that they could just have Scorpion himself bleed, and that would work fine in representing the blood, and only change the rating of the DLC.

Balloon Fighter would be based around keeping his Balloons Inflating, with varying mobility based on if he had 2, 1, or 0 balloons filled. Add a flipper for Stage Control, some directional wind--- I think it could work fine.
As for Excite Biker- a moveset based on not being able to stand still. He would have to stay in constant motion. His jumps would be higher when he can launch of the ground, via ramp, but would have a super jump where he abandons his bike and leaps into the air. I think a couple of the moves could be borrowed from the Excite games that aren't 'bikes,' like, 'Excitebots,' and 'ExciteTrucks.'

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I really don't get why people say this when it's bafflingly wrong lmao.
It's because they said "Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Fire Emblem: Fates only" and everyone was immediately, severely disappointed because it didn't cover the entire series like a series specific crossover should.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Too bad I'm neither of those and a big FE fans, owning all of the game physically and going as far as getting the SP rarity of the Cipher card game.
Fire Emblem Warriors is a joke for a game who claimed to be about the Fire Emblem legacy and history while going as far, as being even worst than smash when it comes to copy-moveset and animation recycling.

Which is a shame when you see the amount of love Hyrule Warrior got.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah but some of those characters shouldn't be popular.
At that point you're just gatekeeping people's opinions though. And for literally no reason too, since it had nothing to do with the point of the post.
It's because they said "Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Fire Emblem: Fates only" and everyone was immediately, severely disappointed because it didn't cover the entire series like a series specific crossover should.
You mean like how the first Hyrule Warriors also only included Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword?
Too bad I'm neither of those and a big FE fans, owning all of the game physically and going as far as getting the SP rarity of the Cipher card game.
Fire Emblem Warriors is a joke for a game who claimed to be about the Fire Emblem legacy and history while going as far, as being even worst than smash when it comes to copy-moveset and animation recycling.

Which is a shame when you see the amount of love Hyrule Warrior got.
Lmao okay buddy.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Not necessarily. Apparently, Dragalia isn't the only CyGames title getting affected. Granblue Fantasy is also getting less content, Uma Musume has had nothing but reruns for a good bit at this point, and the English release of World Flipper is only NOW coming.

Personally, I think this is due to Covid.
It doesn't really matter- Nintendo didn't need to announce that Dragalia would be getting less content. Them acknowledging it- RIGHT NOW, before the final character (the only shot Euden has), equates to Euden not being playable.

It's baffling to me how people will take their own personal bias as disconfirmation (like xyz meaning a character is disconfirmed), but not follow basic business common sense as disconfirmation.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
It doesn't really matter- Nintendo didn't need to announce that Dragalia would be getting less content. Them acknowledging it- RIGHT NOW, before the final character (the only shot Euden has), equates to Euden not being playable.

It's baffling to me how people will take their own personal bias as disconfirmation (like xyz meaning a character is disconfirmed), but not follow basic business common sense as disconfirmation.
Nintendo didn't announce it, though. The game's director did. Plus, it's been made pretty clear they still have plans for DL. Plus, if anything, adding Euden to Smash would make a TON of business sense, as that would get more people to play the game.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Nintendo didn't announce it, though. The game's director did. Plus, it's been made pretty clear they still have plans for DL. Plus, if anything, adding Euden to Smash would make a TON of business sense, as that would get more people to play the game.
Dude even if they added Euden into Smash and I suddenly wanted to play the game, I wouldn't be able to since it's not available in my country.

Mushufasa

Smash Cadet
There are a lot of reasons against Euden and Ryu Hayabusa. Buuuuuut.... Hear me out.....

Ninjas and Dragons are cool okay 😎

Even in the worst case scenario with both character's owners going "Yeah he's not in", until the last DLC comes out I'm giving them a shot. Ryu especially since I loved Ninja Gaiden on the XBOX 😍

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Haven't you heard of a VPN?
That literally doesn't matter. The fact that European players would need to go the extra mile in the first place should be a death knell, especially if the extra mile in question is a method Nintendo would never deem appropriate.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If Warriors covered every game it'd run into the same problem everyone has with the FE cast in Smash and still have lopsided rep for the weapons triangle, you'd only have two lancers in Ephraim and Azura, two Axe wielders in Hector and Camilla and your sole archer is Takumi, you'd also only have two mages with Robin and Micaiah. Even changing the OCs to use other weapons wouldn't fix that.

The actual issue with the Warriors roster is that Fates takes up a lopsided amount of the cast because they wanted to include the entire family from both sides and this meant Azura had to sit out until DLC whilst Shadow Dragon was left lacking for characters.

Beyond that it's fine, focusing on the three games actually lets them dig into the casts of the core games. It's just that Fates is the problem child.

You're seriously implying Nintendo would advertise VPN.

View attachment 329890
This Sakurai Presents brought to you by NordVPN!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You mean like how the first Hyrule Warriors also only included Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword?
Uh, it didn't. It had way more than that. Granted, a lot of it was DLC, but since the ports were all enhanced editions with the DLC included, and the reveal of Fire Emblem Warriors was super vague, that's probably where expectations were.

I do have to amend my previous statement though with...pretty much what I've just said. Thinking about it more, it's likely more the expectations that killed it.

EDIT: Oh, that's what else I wanted to say. Better communication right off the bat probably would have helped public perception.

Which is illegal in 99% of gacha games to uses? Ya, I did heard of it
And even if it wasn't, you shouldn't have to use a virtual private network just to play a game, and even if that was OK, paying extra money in order to play a game designed to drain you of your money isn't exactly enticing. There's a reason why gacha games are free to play and not buy to play.

EDIT EDIT: It's how they...gacha. :awesome:

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
The reason Ahri and Matoi are in the Tier list maker is i requested them. I think Ahri and Matoi have great move-set potential and would be fun to play.
Uh-huh. And I'm sure it has nothing to do with you believing both the LoL and PSO "leaks"? Because I think my point still stands.

I'm still on PSO2's Episode 3, but even then I kinda doubt she'd be the only option. The Protagonist is arguably just as central and has the advantage of using multiple classes and weapons central to PSO2's gameplay, while Matoi is inherently a Force/Techter and uses Clarissa the White as her only weapon.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They advertised Xbox for Banjo. Your point is invalid.
There is a world of difference between promoting a product you Simply Don't Make vs a product that lets you literally bypass regional barriers that were intentionally placed BY NINTENDO.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Balloon Fighter (Honor your mentor, Iwata, Dammit!)
I've never liked that logic because it's known that Ultimate as a whole is one big Iwata tribute.

So to try and make a bus for Balloon Fighter to "honor Iwata, dammit!" just feels disrespectful, as if pulling off this massive legal mess of a crossover, which is WAY harder to do than just adding a funny guy wearing balloons, wasn't a fitting tribute.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
sigh

You know what? I can't keep this up. It's obvious I'm talking to a brick wall about Euden.

Just... somebody change the subject. I'm not in the mood to do it myself...

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
sigh

You know what? I can't keep this up. It's obvious I'm talking to a brick wall about Euden.

Alright, then.

Sooo the Direct's probably next week. I personally think we might see the last fighter revealed there and released some time later.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
sigh

No, you're not talking to a brick wall. You're just refusing to hear legitimate arguments about why you're wrong.

With that said.... Which Gen 8 Pokémon would y'all like yo see the most? I'm personally predicting Cinderace, but I think Grimmsnarl and Toxtricity would be much cooler.

Mushufasa

Smash Cadet
Uh-huh. And I'm sure it has nothing to do with you believing both the LoL and PSO "leaks"? Because I think my point still stands.

I'm still on PSO2's Episode 3, but even then I kinda doubt she'd be the only option. The Protagonist is arguably just as central and has the advantage of using multiple classes and weapons central to PSO2's gameplay, while Matoi is inherently a Force/Techter and uses Clarissa the White as her only weapon.
Oh there were LoL and PSO Leaks / Rumors? Neat, I honestly never heard of them before making that tier list maker 😆 . Good to know though!

I put Ahri in since I used to play League, know how big it is and such. And I put Phantasy Star since some of my FFXIV friends also play the online one, PSO2 I think.

sigh

How would you feel about Funky Kong in Smash?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
No, you're not talking to a brick wall. You're just refusing to hear legitimate arguments about why you're wrong.

With that said.... Which Gen 8 Pokémon would y'all like yo see the most? I'm personally predicting Cinderace, but I think Grimmsnarl and Toxtricity would be much cooler.
I AM LISTENING TO YOUR ARGUMENTS. You're just ignoring my counterarguments.

Also, you're gonna give Gen 8 the time of day but DL? Isn't that hypocritical?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I see an excuse to rip into Fates, I will. It's the Room of JRPGs.
Like, I get it. I do. Fates has an absolute joke of a story, I dislike most of the cast (it says something when Heroes did a better job of portraying Xander than Fates itself did lol), and all in all it's probably my least favorite Fire Emblem. Hell, Corrin is the one Fire Emblem character in Smash I wouldn't feel remotely bad about losing in the next game. But I don't know. I just feel like saying people shouldn't like something from it is going a step or two too far. Plus like, Takumi's neat at least lol.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I AM LISTENING TO YOUR ARGUMENTS. You're just ignoring my counterarguments.
No, I think your counterarguments are just not good.
Also, you're gonna give Gen 8 the time of day but DL? Isn't that hypocritical?
I can actually play Gen 8. I have it on my shelf because Nintendo decided to sell it here. Don't see how that's hypocritical.
How would you feel about Funky Kong in Smash?

He'd be pretty funky, even if I prefer Dixie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom