• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
This. If nothing in FP2 involves anything Sakurai first considered in 2018 onward, doesn't that seem a little suspicious?
TBF we can't really say until we get the last character announced. At this point, we did hear that it was apparently finalized around November 2019. I guess it'll be a nice thing to see in retrospect but I don't really see this changing discussion for 11 that much as they could just add someone who is recent.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Its likely that FP2 is just some leftover negotiations they had and decided to use them.

Maybe even at some point FP1 lineup at Nintendo’s mind was Joker-Hero-Steve-Kazuya-Byleth, but Sakurai said that Steve and Kazuya would be too exhausting to implement and they go for Banjo-Kazooie and Terry.

So that means CP11 is someone that was thought with Byleth.

Pokemon Gen 8 confirmed. xD

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
TBF we can't really say until we get the last character announced. At this point, we did hear that it was apparently finalized around November 2019. I guess it'll be a nice thing to see in retrospect but I don't really see this changing discussion for 11 that much as they could just add someone who is recent.
Still we should consider how this pass hasn't catered to...what we thought was possible thanks to FP1. Joker and Terry apparently opened the floodgates, but their brand of water has stayed dormant all throughout the pass.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Still we should consider how this pass hasn't catered to...what we thought was possible thanks to FP1. Joker and Terry apparently opened the floodgates, but their brand of water has stayed dormant all throughout the pass.
Like the major third party characters? If this meant anything, I thought it'd mean bad stuff for stuff like Astral Chain and Ring Fit, even if they weren't deconfirmed by waiting months for a spirit event..

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Like the major third party characters? If this meant anything, I thought it'd mean bad stuff for stuff like Astral Chain and Ring Fit, even if they weren't deconfirmed by waiting months for a spirit event..
Oh, it pretty much is bad news for them. Notice how our first parties have been older than Byleth?

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Oh, it pretty much is bad news for them. Notice how our first parties have been older than Byleth?
I'm still not really getting this.. So this pass is composed solely of characters who were planned before pass 1? Which is why we won't get characters more recent than Byleth? I'm puzzled..

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I'm actually more interested in who people do NOT want/ Worst ideas they have heard.

Some of mine:

• All four champions as one character. In addition to this having nothing to do with them in game (they aren't linked in any way as fighters), if they were going to do this- Sakurai might as well go ahead and make four separate characters.
  • Another Pokemon Trainer. "Let's just go ahead and steal the one thing that makes another character specifically unique! But this time, let's do it in a less iconic way!"
  • Undertale: it just bothers me. I don't see why this is the game that would get a character, if we breeched this topic. We have also already gotten to 2 culturally relevant things from it- Sans and Megalomania. It's fine to want an Undertale character, but it seems foolish of me when people think of it as a prediction.
  • Porky/ Anymore Earthbound. Again- find to want in my eyes (not all on this list are, to me), but thinking it is needed or DESERVED... alright. Let's be happy this small, dead series (as great as it is) got as much representation as it has. We have every Nintendo-made RPG series in Smash already (short of Fossil Fighter, a sleeper series), except GOLDEN SUN. C'mon!
  • Chun Li. She may be on my list, too...perhaps 100 characters down... but if we are going for female gamechangers in video games- there are better options. If we are going for Video Game icons, let's go to a new series.
  • EMMI/ Metroid Dread or Prime character. It's so amazing that Metroid got buffed involvement in this new game! How about spreading that love to other series, particularly ones that have been even more monetarily profitable and culturally impactful? Donkey Kong is here...
This is my list. It's pretty big and people may call me out for not knowing about a series but I don't care.
  • Waluigi - I don't get his popularity. It just seems like the only reason he got popular in the first place is because he's the fourth "Mario brother" and he wasn't playable in Brawl. Also a lot of people suggest a sports moveset for him and that's got be the dullest moveset for a character who has a pink nose and a jagged moustache.
  • Reimu - I'm not very keen on the whole cutesy anime girls who are arbitrarily made to be 200 years old trope so I'm afraid I'll never be a fan of the touhou series.
  • Euden - He seems to be nothing more than an anime sword guy who turns into a dragon, just like Corrin. Not impressed. If Euden replaced Corrin then it'd be a step up but I'd rather see someone else otherwise.
  • Frisk - The character just seems to be too pudgy to do anything with their limbs. I don't think they're interesting at all design or gameplay wise and I think Sans as a mii costume is good enough for the game.
  • Jonesy - He looks really generic and can build things similarly to Steve. Sure he's a gun dude and we could use more guns instead of swords but he's just the most boring one out of the other potential shooter characters like Master Chief, Doom Guy, Gordon and Sgt. Cortez.
  • Chosen Undead - It can be various classes but I know that if it gets into the game, it's going to go with the basic Knight class with the basic Sword and Shield set which would be boring to me. It's better off being a mii costume like the Monster Hunter and the Dragonborn.
  • Cinderace - I'd probably be okay with Cinderace if Decidueye was the Gen 7 rep but that doesn't really change my opinion that it looks like a guy in a mascot costume, same problem I have with Incineroar. I just don't like how humanoid the most popular Gen 8 pokemon look like Cinderace, Inteleon, Obstagoon, Grimmsnarl, Urshifu, etc.
  • Octoling/Dixie Kong - Both of these characters just scream Echo fighters to me. They just look way too similar to Inkling and Diddy Kong be part of a separate challenger pack. It'd be like if Isabelle was part of a challenger pack and everyone paid 5.99 just to find out that she played similarly to Villager. People would be like "Why wasn't she part of the base game?". Challenger packs should be saved for totally unique characters that you can't get from the base game.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just adding more fuel to the fire for the remaining speculation time left.

IDK, but it was Nintendo and Sakurai that made the choices. So anything goes with the last challenger. Of course, salt will always be present regarding the pick.

Hang in there everyone, we are in the final lap.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I'm actually more interested in who people do NOT want/ Worst ideas they have heard.

Some of mine:

• All four champions as one character. In addition to this having nothing to do with them in game (they aren't linked in any way as fighters), if they were going to do this- Sakurai might as well go ahead and make four separate characters.
  • Another Pokemon Trainer. "Let's just go ahead and steal the one thing that makes another character specifically unique! But this time, let's do it in a less iconic way!"
  • Undertale: it just bothers me. I don't see why this is the game that would get a character, if we breeched this topic. We have also already gotten to 2 culturally relevant things from it- Sans and Megalomania. It's fine to want an Undertale character, but it seems foolish of me when people think of it as a prediction.
  • Porky/ Anymore Earthbound. Again- find to want in my eyes (not all on this list are, to me), but thinking it is needed or DESERVED... alright. Let's be happy this small, dead series (as great as it is) got as much representation as it has. We have every Nintendo-made RPG series in Smash already (short of Fossil Fighter, a sleeper series), except GOLDEN SUN. C'mon!
  • Chun Li. She may be on my list, too...perhaps 100 characters down... but if we are going for female gamechangers in video games- there are better options. If we are going for Video Game icons, let's go to a new series.
  • EMMI/ Metroid Dread or Prime character. It's so amazing that Metroid got buffed involvement in this new game! How about spreading that love to other series, particularly ones that have been even more monetarily profitable and culturally impactful? Donkey Kong is here...
  1. Cellphone game characters. I dont think there is anything wrong with them but I dont want cellphone games to get that big of a promotion. Its mostly my dislike on how those kind of games work. I just dont like this predatory kind of games and smash sometimes makes people go play the games. I wouldnt want a boost for these kind of games.
  2. Some really obscure character. (No, I am talking about chracters like Kazuya and Terry. They arent really obscure characters) I mean actual obscure characters that almost no one in the world can recognize.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
With the end of Smash DLC approaching, I figured I would try and make a moveset for a character who I think could be fun, but stands a 0% chance of being considered.

The character I will be doing this with... is the Pyro from Team Fortress 2.

I'll have it up before the end of the week. If a Direct is announced for this week, I'll finish it before the Direct.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Dunno why we’re all arguing about fp11. The chances of FP11 being a character who’s from a new game that’s past the year 2017 is very low

Arms came out in 2017
Minecraft in 2011
FF7 in 1997
Xenoblade 2 came out in 2017
And tekken 7 came out in 2015

Considering the pass was apparently decided on in 2018 and finalised In 2019 from what info we have, the chances of the last character being from a brand new game (not a game that was out before 2017 and is Port To the switch to stop confusion) that came out past 2017 is low

also tournament theory deconfirms it soo far since tournament theory hasn’t been wrong yet and we’re not gonna get a 2021 or 2022 rep as the last spot.

I think we’re safe from shill pick people

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Dunno why we’re all arguing about fp11. The chances of FP11 being a character who’s from a new game that’s past the year 2017 is very low

Arms came out in 2017
Minecraft in 2011
FF7 in 1997

Considering the pass was apparently decided on in 2018 and finalised In 2019 from what info we have, the chances of the last character being from a brand new game (not a game that was out before 2017 and is Port To the switch to stop confusion) that came out past 2017 is low

also tournament theory deconfirms it soo far since tournament theory hasn’t been wrong yet and we’re not gonna get a 2021 or 2022 rep as the last spot.

On the flip side, he also said “one more than last time” when FP2 was formally revealed. Could be a last minute addition decided on in 2019, though not necessarily from a 2019 game

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
(I was hyped when they added MK in Brawl, and the character does have potential of being cool, but I don't like his current moveset at all, he's one of those characters along with Young Link, Wario and Sonic and a few others, who I wish was completely redesigned the most).
How would you change Meta Knight's moveset?

I just find the idea of a playable "Smash OC" pointless when that's pretty much what the Mii Fighters are.

Like yes, they're Miis, but their movesets are entirely original (as opposed to taking stuff from Wii Sports/Wii Play/etc), their logo is the Smash emblem, and their victory themes are even renditions of the Smash 4 theme and Lifelight in Ultimate. They were clearly designed as a way for people to insert their OCs into the game.
The Mii Fighters are bland OCs with bland movesets. Master Hand at least have the novelty of being a glove who has been around since Smash 64 and he'd
thematically bring the main theme of the game, being "Everyone is Here!" full circle in a way.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
  • Reimu - I'm not very keen on the whole cutesy anime girls who are arbitrarily made to be 200 years old trope so I'm afraid I'll never be a fan of the touhou series.
To be fair Reimu herself is a normal human age and not an ageless immortal. Granted, I see where you're coming from when all the youkai and stuff really are hundreds of years old, but even then the only ones who actually look like children the Scarlet sisters (Who tend to act like children at times anyways) and Tenshi (Who is a child). Everyone else is usually depicted as an adult.

...Well, when they're not depicted as, y'know...
1630861835969.png
1630861862142.png

Yeeeaaaah....

(I do get that it's mainly an aesthetic thing and Touhou's just not something you're interested in, just I thought I'd point it out)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My only thoughts for new 3rd parties is that it's another big one like Steve that has been in contention for a while or it's from a series of a company already on board.

Activision has been notoriously hard to work with in the past (and that was before we knew the extent of the travesty that was their working conditions.) but Nintendo did work with them to make Skylanders amiibo duo toys.
Bethesda was on board with the Switch early on but have already added most of their big games as Mii costumes
Ubisoft and Nintendo are working close on Mario + Rabbids and there's still hope for Rayman but specifically Alteir and Rabbids are out thanks to Mii costumes.

As for those on board, Mircosoft added Minecraft, Namco added Tekken and SE expanded FF7 with Septhiroth. Assuming no doubles in a pass that would leave Konami, Sega, Capcom and SNK.
Konami and SNK have most of their big names in the game already so that cuts it down to Capcom and Sega
The existing series could be expanded with characters like Chun-li, M. Bison, Dr. Eggman, Blaze the Cat or Roll (LET ME DREAM!) or they could add new series like Puyo Puyo, SMT, Phoenix Wright or at a stretch, Okami.

It's all pretty unlikely though IMO but hopefully we probably don't have long to wait.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Me and my friend were chatting recently and he brought up Dark Bowser, and I've found myself on-and-off brainstorming a moveset for him. I'm surprised by how unique certain aspects seem; like, he's a semi-clone moreso than an Echo Fighter.

He's a tad lighter than Bowser, and doesn't have Tough Guy. His grounded speed is a bit slower and his tilts and smash attacks aren't quite as insanely menacing as Bowser's. His air speed is much faster and his fall speed is considerably slower. His aerials are different, such as his down air being a downward dark-blue fireball that you could look at like Ivysaur's own down air. Not too sure about his other aerials yet but I'd like them to be different.

His neutral special is a sort of charge move like Samus/Mewtwo/Lucario's - a small-huge dark blue fireball that can also be angled at the final point of actually shooting it, however it does slightly less damage and doesn't go as far at an angle.

His side special's animation looks like a sort of unremarkable punch with a weird sort of light panel briefly appearing in front of his fist - it's a reflector that functions a lot like Ness' bat. The punch itself isn't that remarkable; it's a punch - but that's not what the move is for. It comes out almost instantly - to the point where it's viable purely as a reaction - but has a lot of ending lag. Reflected projectiles will travel straight forward and very fast, regardless of the trajectory of it initially.

For his up special - his "in shell" state is different from Bowser's as he turns into a spiky ball made of his shell's surface. The move has him kind of catapult up in an arc - and by hitting A or B in this state, he can slam down diagonally downwards. If it hits a fighter, he bounces slightly as he comes out of this state, a bit of backwards momentum before landing. While he's in that shell state, only strong moves will knock him out of it, though all moves will still do damage. However, the downward diagonal spike is properly armored; you've gotta get out of the way or you're gonna get hit. Hard. In 1v1s there's a bit of a camera zoom as the shell-ball slams into the other fighter. It's an extremely risky recovery to challenge.

Not sure about his down special yet, haha. Might just have it be Bowser's but stalling midair for even longer, having the initial descent and landing do much less damage, and have him produce shockwaves to his left and right upon landing that travel about as far as Terry's power wave in both directions until they hit some kind of wall or a ledge.

I'd like to code this into reality in the eventual future, especially with a Dark Bowser skin mod eventually coming to fruition.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I wonder how different things would have been in an alternate scenario where Spring Man was the first Fighter Pass 2 character.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Reimu - I'm not very keen on the whole cutesy anime girls who are arbitrarily made to be 200 years old trope so I'm afraid I'll never be a fan of the touhou series.
To be fair Reimu herself is a normal human age and not an ageless immortal. Granted, I see where you're coming from when all the youkai and stuff really are hundreds of years old, but even then the only ones who actually look like children the Scarlet sisters (Who tend to act like children at times anyways) and Tenshi (Who is a child). Everyone else is usually depicted as an adult.

...Well, when they're not depicted as, y'know...

Yeeeaaaah....

(I do get that it's mainly an aesthetic thing and Touhou's just not something you're interested in, just I thought I'd point it out)
Just to add onto this, Reimu isn't child coded nor does she have any lines, artwork, or animations (that I'm aware of) that are specifically designed to be cute, so she's not a lolli by any means. She's also one of the smarter characters, which to be fair, mostly just means that she's one of the characters that has been blessed with multiple brain cells, but that does mean that she's not nearly as ridiculous as some of the others in terms of personality.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I’d be down for a Smash Original Fighter. Though it’d be difficult to pick who it would be.

Master Hand is the obvious choice, but his skillset does not translate at all to a normal moveset.

Tabuu could be made to work quite easily as a fighter, but hes only ever been in SSE and didn’t show up till the end.

Sandbag would be a fun joke character and people have made movesets for it before, but at the end of the day it is just a sand bag.

Out these 3 I’d pick Tabuu, though thats because I grew up with Brawl.

I don’t really count the miis as reps for Smash itself since they are for people to self insert themselves and other characters in the game. I’d call them Smash Branded instead of Smash Reps.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I still think we’re getting a new company in smash that has no connections to smash whatsoever

pass 1 had 2 new company’s. Those being snk and Microsoft and so far in this pass whilst Namco are already on the trademark, they’re still technically a new company to the pass. 1 more evens things up and I’m going into the last fighter thinking it’s gonna be a new company.

don’t have a clue if I’m honest what Japanese company though. The 2 next big companies talked about in Japan are koei tecmo and level 5 from what I know when it comes to gaming company’s or they’re at least the most known so it could be either of them or it could be someone completely under the raidar.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I’d be down for a Smash Original Fighter. Though it’d be difficult to pick who it would be.

Master Hand is the obvious choice, but his skillset does not translate at all to a normal moveset.

Tabuu could be made to work quite easily as a fighter, but hes only ever been in SSE and didn’t show up till the end.

Sandbag would be a fun joke character and people have made movesets for it before, but at the end of the day it is just a sand bag.

Out these 3 I’d pick Tabuu, though thats because I grew up with Brawl.

I don’t really count the miis as reps for Smash itself since they are for people to self insert themselves and other characters in the game. I’d call them Smash Branded instead of Smash Reps.
I just wish "Master Smash" could be an unlockable Mob Smash mode. The WoL minigame except endless, all fighters (including purchased DLC) can appear and they don't have the Galeem/Dharkon aura, and you're able to pick any Battlefield form stage. You'd of course unlock it by clearing said minigame for the first time.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I don’t want any characters I’m personally not interested in. I wouldn’t be mad at them, though, just disappointed in the ones I like not getting in, but I’d probably still find the one who got in to be cool at least, like I’ve done so far for the most part.
I don’t want any characters I’m personally not interested in. I wouldn’t be mad at them if they're iconic enough.

Like, I don't care about Sora or Master Chief, but if they get in I'll be like, "Yeah, that makes sense."

WoL expansion pack: Tabuu comes back and is the main baddy
That'd be way better than making him playable.

Show him absorbing all the spirits released at the end of WoL, he grows Galeem wings and Dharkon claws...becomes the Ultimate final boss.

They were clearly designed as a way for people to insert their OCs into the game.
At first maybe. But now it's clear their far more important roll is as consolation prize for lesser gaming icons.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Just to add onto this, Reimu isn't child coded nor does she have any lines, artwork, or animations (that I'm aware of) that are specifically designed to be cute, so she's not a lolli by any means. She's also one of the smarter characters, which to be fair, mostly just means that she's one of the characters that has been blessed with multiple brain cells, but that does mean that she's not nearly as ridiculous as some of the others in terms of personality.
I dont really know much about the series. Its always interesting to learn more about all sorts of characters. What about her gameplay? How would she translate to smash? I am a bit curious.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I dont really know much about the series. Its always interesting to learn more about all sorts of characters. What about her gameplay? How would she translate to smash? I am a bit curious.
She shoots projectiles while avoiding projectiles so to simplify things, she would probably shoot a lot of projectiles.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I still think we’re getting a new company in smash that has no connections to smash whatsoever

pass 1 had 2 new company’s. Those being snk and Microsoft and so far in this pass whilst Namco are already on the trademark, they’re still technically a new company to the pass. 1 more evens things up and I’m going into the last fighter thinking it’s gonna be a new company.

don’t have a clue if I’m honest what Japanese company though. The 2 next big companies talked about in Japan are koei tecmo and level 5 from what I know when it comes to gaming company’s or they’re at least the most known so it could be either of them or it could be someone completely under the raidar.
There’s Falcom, Spike Chunsoft… Western companies are possible too but not banking too much on them
touhou is a Bullet Hell game where you dodge elaborate bullet patterns and try to shoot down enemies. It has several fighting game spin-offs that reference the bullet hell side in some moves, and some fan games that give their own spin like Azure Reflections and Sky Arena. Touhou is a largely “community driven” indie series in that it has a lot of fangames that Zun approves so long as you don’t reuse official assets so there’s a lot to pull from

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
On the flip side, he also said “one more than last time” when FP2 was formally revealed. Could be a last minute addition decided on in 2019, though not necessarily from a 2019 game
perhaps a certain Mii Costume way overperformed (both from a sales and popularity perspective), and Nintendo decided to add a character from the series to capitalize on it?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
perhaps a certain Mii Costume way overperformed (both from a sales and popularity perspective), and Nintendo decided to add a character from the series to capitalize on it?
That's awfully short notice to make a decision like that, especially seeing as that was the same Direct that announced that more DLC was on the way. Even if "Pass 2" as we know it may not have been set in stone yet, it certainly was by the time they were gauging Mii outfit sales. It's a reach and not even a necessary one if the Heihachi Mii outift taught us anything.

Trevenant

Smash Lord

Arms came out in 2017
Minecraft in 2011
FF7 in 1997

Didn't Tournament Theory completely miss Min Min? With that in mind, it shows that the entire point behind certain tournaments being held off for characters moot. We really shouldn't just rule off the possibility of a shill as that's what got everyone so mad at Byleth as he was a promo character after 4 hype third parties. The entire premise of a shill is that it is someone who is fairly recent who is added to monetarily plug a game so it would likely be from 2020 to 2021.

Sidenote, I think even though Sword and Shield are 2 years old and released in 2019, they were promotional in a different way than your Corrins etc in that they bring people to smash, due to how big Pokemon is as a brand. The switch lite launched just over a month before Sword and Shield so there is very likely a largely untapped casual audience there. That's what confuses me, as when people say pokemon is just a token addition, they get the completely wrong idea and start assuming that means they mean Pokemon are added to promote the pokemon series itself, when that is so obviously not the case. It's completely correct to assume Pokemon does not promote itself through smash due to it's inherent size as a brand, but it's inherent size as a brand is also likely one of the key reasons why they carry on pulling stuff from the most recent gen in different smash games, as it's just a super easy audience to pull in. I'm not trying to suggest smash is small, but them pulling new pokemon to try and bring in a new audience for smash makes sense IMO, which is why I don't think the two year wait from 2019 means much in this case. This is mainly me being doomer I guess but I don't think timing matters much, especially as gen 8 itself is still relevant until 2023 at least due to the new games coming out.

And I wouldn't dare imply smash is small, as it's not, but I think it's hard to deny the token reps aren't at least partially to cater to the large and largely casual pokemon audience

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master

Some of mine:

i wouldnt say in my case would be about worst idea but rather just not want
-Sora: i grew up with Club penguin instead of kingdom hearts i have no interest on having Sora as the first disney rep and would rather have club penguin rep first.
-Bandana Dee: there are way more kirby characters who are more interesting.
-Any Square-Enix rep besides Geno: we have been waiting and supporting forever to get Geno playable in smash or in a new game, smash is the only place where we became lucky to at least get a mii costume due to the heavy demands i dont want the 4th square-enix rep to be anyone else.
-Pokemon SS rep: not interested in any new pokemon from that gen.
-Any Smash OC: just boring nothing to get hyped about.
-Indie rep: there are many big gaming companies and franchises which are historical to the gaming industry that deserve to be represented before we get any indie into playable character such as Taito, Bethesda, Ubisoft, Activision, Tecmo and many others.
-2015-202X characters: not interested much on modern era of new characters there are so many characters that have been demanded for so many years to be included in smash that should come first as the result of heavy demands for so many years. Isaac and Waluigi and Skull Kid for example i would take them any day over :ultbyleth::ultincineroar::ultminmin
-Chun-Li: i would prefer a street fighter villain instead especially Gill who would bring some of the most interesting moveset playstyle out there.
-Same character different version: a character like :ultdoc::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink: is something i really dont want to have we dont really need more of this.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

There aren't a lot of fighters I WOULDN'T want like would actually NOT want... but these are those:

1. Classic Sonic. I'm pretty cool with just about ANY Sonic character since I'm such a raging Sonic fan... but CLASSIC? He's overstayed his welcome. He was cute in Sonic Generations UNDER THE PRETENSE that it was part of the 20th Anniversary celebrations... but then he JUST WOULDN'T LEAVE! He's like that friend from out of town that you invited to a super important party because it would have been rude NOT to invite him, and then he wanted to hang out the next day and you stupidly said "Oh yeah, you don't get out here that often so yeah let's do it" then you do.... then he wants to hang out ALL THE TIME like he just starts showing up at your house because he just assumes you want to hang out with HIM and not any of your other friends. You try to tell him "Hey, I've got something going on with some other friends" and he just goes "Oh cool, I'll come along". I dunno, maybe I WANT to go fishing with Big the Cat! Classic Sonic really REALLY needs to go back home, the party was 10 years ago, it's over, it's done! GO! HOME! AND STAY THERE!

2. Mobile Game Characters. Now to be 100% clear, I mean characters FROM mobile games, not characters that happened to be IN mobile games. Mobile games, I just have a hard line in the sand against. I'm a firm believer in "gacha has got to go".

3. Call of Duty man. I have no idea what any of those people are named or what they do since I've never played those games but like... if you're gonna add an FPS character, there are SO MANY MORE INTERESTING ones. Master Chief, DOOMGUY, I mean even NOAH from the unofficial Super 3D Noah's Ark (the biblical FPS game, don'cha know). Call of Duty people are just... dudes. Same reason I'd rather play Mario Sports games over actual sports games. Mario and friends are Mario and friends. Madden football games just star... a bunch of people. FPS rep might be neat, but Call of Duty: Shoot a Man isn't it.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
I just don't want any more JRPG characters. Half of the DLC characters we've gotten have been from JRPGs and it sucks for variety's sake.
Smash sort of has a reputation as a celebration of gaming, but there are some genres that get next to no representation. Let's get an FPS character for a change.

Again, no hate to people who want a JRPG character though. I think Porky would be cool. I just think ending on someone really different from the rest of the roster would be great.

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Well that settles it. Crash Bandicoot turned out to be our final character. Odd that we all thought it was go to E3 or go broke for him.
If the direct is not only before his birthday, but also the State of Play, which both are the same day. Also, how many crash25before25 things that they did so far?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just don't want any more JRPG characters. Half of the DLC characters we've gotten have been from JRPGs and it sucks for variety's sake.
Smash sort of has a reputation as a celebration of gaming, but there are some genres that get next to no representation. Let's get an FPS character for a change.

Again, no hate to people who want a JRPG character though. I think Porky would be cool. I just think ending on someone really different from the rest of the roster would be great.
We've had 12 characters so far, and only 6 have been from a JRPG. So actually half. Unless you're counting double Byleth, but then you gotta count Steve & Alex separately too. Since we've had 12 separate numbers(Piranha Plant through Kazuya), well. Either way, it evens out to half at this time.

Anyway, yeah, I'd be good with more variety too(despite my most wanted being from a JRPG). I'd love an FPS rep(Doomguy, Master Chief, for instance).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom