• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Disliking a character and not wishing to see them in the game is as petty and childish as disliking a song and not wishing to hear it, or disliking a food and not wishing to eat it, which no one would treat as petty and childish, because it's human nature to not like everything.

It only becomes juvenile when you impose your dislike on to others and try to enforce the wider prohibition of that thing simply because of how you feel about it.
Thank you for proving that the way I word things is still in need of some major readjustments. I’m pretty horrible when it comes to the finer details.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Disliking a character and not wishing to see them in the game is as petty and childish as disliking a song and not wishing to hear it, or disliking a food and not wishing to eat it, which no one would treat as petty and childish, because it's human nature to not like everything.

It only becomes juvenile when you impose your dislike on to others and try to enforce the wider prohibition of that thing simply because of how you feel about it.
I think there's a bit of a difference in why people dislike something. If someone is a Final Fantasy fan but just genuinely doesn't like FF7, they aren't obliged to like that there are two FF characters in Smash and both from 7. Why do you think SwSh is a controversial pick for Smash?

I think what is more petty is like when someone doesn't want Waluigi just because it would be soooo epic to troll those toxic Walooweegee fans who tried to send death threats to Sakurai. Or usually in-series or in-company fighting gets annoying. But I guess that's what you said at the bottom of your comment so that makes sense.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
"The physics of Sandbag are not the same as marth." my wife said as I sat for 20 minutes in the brawl online waiting room for a match. I enjoyed beating the sandbag around and I miss doing that in ultimate like they could have had a custom waiting room choice toggle or something between the different versions but anyway I'd be down with Sandbag or Master Hand but that's it the game bosses are lame imho.

But there's no one I don't want. There's no one I want, either fwiw but Truth be told I'm not one to have a character join and my reaction is "YOU can't be in this!" it's always a surprise to me and just more to learn. I think I still haven't used piranha plant lol weird ass character but cute how he waddles he's cool they're all cool all 80 whatever chrs we have or will have I love them all because I love smash ultimate!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The only character I would genuinely dislike to see is if by some weird miracle we got Beck from Mighty Number 9 as our final fighter.
Imagine waiting years to see Level-5 receive some scrap of content, and its this thing out of everything...

I'd be both upset and confused wondering what kind of Coke Zero Sakurai and Nintendo have been drinking this whole time... :drflip:

Everything else I'm indifferent to at worst...

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
yeah but the point of the decade tournaments (not the other tournaments, just the decade tournaments) is that it deconfirms the next fighter and not anyone else in the pass. Just that specific fp slot whenever the decade tournament happens.

sephiroth fits the 1990s tournament but the tournament happened 2 fighters before him and not after Steve
Again, I think the point is though, that this just seems to be a more specific version of the last tourney theory, with all the same logic etc in tow. As the last tourney theory was pretty much debunked when the reflector tourney missed Min Min, then this one is likely the same. Unless I'm missing some major point, this just seems to be pushing the boundaries to a more specific subset just to make the more controversial choices seem less likely. I've never even heard people treat these theories distinctly until now tbh.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The only character I would genuinely dislike to see if by some weird miracle we got Beck from Mighty Number 9 as our final fighter.
Imagine waiting years to see Level-5 receive some scrap of content, and its this thing out of everything...

I'd be both upset and confused wondering what kind of Coke Zero Sakurai and Nintendo have been drinking... :drflip:

Everything else I'm indifferent to at worst...
So you're saying that if he got in, you'd cry like an anime fan on prom night? :troll:

At least we'd get a competent implementation of the Xel mechanics.

I figure SwSh being controversial has to add to it no?
Eh, yes and no: Most people that straight up don't want a Pokémon aren't invested enough to hate Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, but there will be some fans that would specifically hate an 8th Gen rep.

Me? I just want something that isn't a starter, and also just don't like Cinderace or Inteleon's designs.

I mean I guess all first parties are controversial now.
Nah not really. People aren't as hyped for them (especially since the shiny new ones are either too new for consideration or straight up disconfirmed), but most of them aren't controversial.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Nah not really. People aren't as hyped for them (especially since the shiny new ones are either too new for consideration or straight up disconfirmed), but most of them aren't controversial.
You're right, maybe I should just tune off Twitter when fighter 11 is announced to be Springle from the hit Switch game, McGrunkle Chronicles and not Bramble & Bonk, the iconic lovable duo from Sony's hit 20 year running series that would break the internet over its reveal and is basically a lock at this point.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Because Pokémon in general is a controversial pick.

The rest of your point is sound.
For what it's worth, I'm not against a Pokémon rep. You don't need to look hard to find banger fighter material amongst the near-thousand possible choices. I'm just tired of the overly cynical and obviously promotional picks the series has gotten. Literally any 'mon that isn't a Gen 8 starter - including any other Gen 8 Pokémon like Grimmsnarl - would get a thumbs-up from me. If they can avoid such blatant shilling I'm not picky otherwise.

Last edited:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
For what it's worth, I'm not against a Pokémon rep. You don't need to look hard to find banger fighter material amongst the near-thousand possible choices. I'm just tired of the overly cynical and obviously promotional picks the series has gotten. Literally any 'mon that isn't a Gen 8 starter - including any other Gen 8 Pokémon like Grimmsnarl - would get a thumbs-up from me. If they can avoid such blatant shilling I'm not picky otherwise.
if I got to pick out of all gen 8 mons I'd literally choose grimmsnarl

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm... I can't seems to find either of those tweets from the producer OR the lead artist. Maybe they were told to scrub them? Yet another piece of evidence for her grand re-entry.

Still we should consider how this pass hasn't catered to...what we thought was possible thanks to FP1. Joker and Terry apparently opened the floodgates, but their brand of water has stayed dormant all throughout the pass.
Stick it through to the end...

On the flip side, he also said “one more than last time” when FP2 was formally revealed. Could be a last minute addition decided on in 2019, though not necessarily from a 2019 game
And there is a very good reason why that is if CP11 is who I think it is.

Anyone who says that Dracovish isn't the best Gen 8 mon isn't going to heaven.
How about if I say it ironically? What happens then?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmmm... I can't seems to find either of those tweets from the producer OR the lead artist. Maybe they were told to scrub them? Yet another piece of evidence for her grand re-entry.

Stick it through to the end...

And there is a very good reason why that is if CP11 is who I think it is.

How about if I say it ironically? What happens then?
Which tweets? And who’s “she”?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
An ice cream Pokemon exists? Now I've seen everything...
I'm not up-to-date on Pokemon, but there's one that's a ring of keys...

...and two that are literally bags of garbage.

Still, I'd prefer it if they went with something unique over another fire type starter. (Cinderace might be fun to play as, but after Charizard and Incineroar, it feels like an uninspired pick) Pokken Tournament did a great job with thinking outside of the box and giving us some pretty weird choices.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I'm not up-to-date on Pokemon, but there's one that's a ring of keys...

...and two that are literally bags of garbage.

Still, I'd prefer it if they went with something unique over another fire type starter. Pokken Tournament did a great job with thinking outside of the box and giving us some pretty weird choices.

Yeah, I saw those, but I saw those long before the ice cream ones.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Alright fellas.

Dawn of a new week.

Place your bets.

This week? Or next?

Monolith site maint on the 8th, alongside potential last minute promotion for Warioware

Or next, due to NSO's 3 year anniversary, and the rumors popping up everywhere of GB/GBC games on the NSO
This week. Please get it over with so I can focus on other things already 😭

plus aren’t NSO updates often shadowdropped?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Alright fellas.

Dawn of a new week.

Place your bets.

This week? Or next?

Monolith site maint on the 8th, alongside potential last minute promotion for Warioware

Or next, due to NSO's 3 year anniversary, and the rumors popping up everywhere of GB/GBC games on the NSO
This week for sure. Do you all think it will be announced Monday or Tuesday, though?

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Alright fellas.

Dawn of a new week.

Place your bets.

This week? Or next?

Question. What's the reason everyone is buying this Game Boy leak? Not that I'm denying it, I just know the people around here don't care for any leak for this long unless it has some pretty good evidence.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Is it weird I’m more looking forward to Monolith’s new project(s) and Splatoon 3 than Smash cuz I am

Shroob

Sup?
This week. Please get it over with so I can focus on other things already 😭

plus aren’t NSO updates often shadowdropped?
I feel like them adding a whole new type of game would be something that they'd want to bring attention to.

Though, I don't remember if/when SNES was brought on if they made a big deal out of it.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Is it weird I’m more looking forward to Monolith’s new project(s) and Splatoon 3 than Smash cuz I am
Nah that makes sense. If you think about it for a sec, all we're waiting for is one fighter in a game that already exists. Could be super hype and fun for sure! But pretty objectively less exciting than a new game in a beloved series for most people.

Shroob

Sup?
Question. What's the reason everyone is buying this Game Boy leak? Not that I'm denying it, I just know the people around here don't care for any leak for this long unless it has some pretty good evidence.
I think simply because it's frankly believable.

The Switch has had 4 emulators in it for years now, and this is the 3 year anniversary of NSO.

While we'd love them to add N64 games to NSO, with Nintendo being Nintendo, Gameboy/Color honestly seems too fitting.

SKX31

Smash Master
I'd go with DK but you can't improve on perfection...
I agree:

:4pacman:

Alright fellas.

Dawn of a new week.

Place your bets.

This week? Or next?

Next week (13th-19th): partly because of NSO's anniversary and partly because it might be one of the better overall timings by a smidge. By a smidge being the key word here since I could see this upcoming week (6th-12th) too.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Is the Monolith maintenance actually happening outside of Japan on Tuesday? If so, then that is likely moot due to directs not usually happening on Tuesday's.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Alright fellas.

Dawn of a new week.

Place your bets.

This week? Or next?

All I'll say is that this week there's Cirno's Day, and if Nintendo wants to bully Sony then putting a direct on the 9 would be perfect for it would be the strongest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom