• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Ah, casually spoiling story elements, how quaint.
Well let me help you out:
View attachment 328986
Thanks, that really helps.

So I went ahead and asked SmashEra about this and @MondoMega replied with

Edit: they just followed up with
While I definitely trust someone from Resetera more than from 4Chan, I can say for sure that on the French website the numbers are the same than the Australian website for the Mii costumes and characters packs.
Though I couldn't check for sure for the next Challenger pack and the Ancient Helmet costume because I cannot proceed to the page that allows me to buy the content since, well, they are not for sale yet.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

"We're having a more surrealistic comedy here. Did you know that incompetent or malicious plumbers can leave some screws in a washing machine that will make it sound like some sort of (washing) machine gun when it gets to the water extraction part? Did you know that in this state it can move across the room faster than some of us would be able to normally push it?"

I admit I didn't read the rest of the thread but it's hilarious out of context in a Smash speculation thread lol

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord

awww that’s a shame. Really thought we might of been onto something. Quite funny how we’ve had 2 theories that held water over the space of 2 weeks that have been debunked in the same day.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
There's one question, will CP11 open or close the direct?

If it opens it, my expectations are immediately tempered. If it closes the direct, it will be something hype.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
People are on the literal edge of their seats lol.

At this point, just sit back and relax. The Direct will come when it comes. No rush.
Where did you see people on their edge? We just talk about this because, well, there's nothing else to talk about at the moment.
At least it's a new page where I don't have to see this cursed Yoshi.

Shroob

Sup?
There's one question, will CP11 open or close the direct?

If it opens it, my expectations are immediately tampered. If it closes the direct, it will be something hype.
Depends if they even reveal it or not in the same Direct tbh. For all we know, they could do a "Tune in on X day for a Final Sakurai Presents."

Smash reveals can come either at the very start, or at the butt end. Though, I think they realize that the longer a Direct goes without Smash, the more people will expect it at the end, which takes away a lot of the surprise.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Depends if they even reveal it or not in the same Direct tbh. For all we know, they could do a "Tune in on X day for a Final Sakurai Presents."

If they were gonna go that route, why even put it in the direct? They could literally just shadowdrop an announcement like that.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Because it still gets people to watch the Direct.

Let's not start this a 3rd time.
I don't intend to because your opinion about it "getting people to tune in" doesn't make sense at all. All it would do is disappoint people and it wouldn't even be much of a headline at all.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Hear me out
They could easily not do this
but imagine

They do a guessing game, but instead of a series, it's of a bunch of characters that both people have commonly speculated on or haven't talked about at all

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Hear me out
They could easily not do this
but imagine

They do a guessing game, but instead of a series, it's of a bunch of characters that both people have commonly speculated on or haven't talked about at all

No that's just not happening. Not in any universe ever. Nintendo could care less about what characters are speculated. And I'm starting to not care either at this point honestly.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Hey, I take offense to that. Machine gun Yoshi is a perfectly normal creation of mother nature and is worthy of love and respect.

Now, this?

This is a cursed Yoshi. :roll:
Oh, not machinegun Yoshi. I was talking about the realistic drawing of Yoshi, which is great but I find it cursed.
Now this is a good way to make me get out of this thread until the next page, congratulations!
But if I'm going down, you're all coming with me.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I don't intend to because your opinion about it "getting people to tune in" doesn't make sense at all. All it would do is disappoint people and it wouldn't even be much of a headline at all.
And the ARMs guessing game didn't disappoint people? Or the Feb 2019 Direct where it just said "Joker's coming! We can't give you a date but he's coming!"

Step 1: Drip feed people info

Step 2: Make people reliant on said info

Step 3: People tune into everything you do for a chance of said info

Profit.

Not a hard train of logic to follow, something Nintendo already does.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Hence why I said
"They could easily not do this"
But ok

But you still brought it up as a possibility, and I shot down that possibility. If you don't want me to respond that like then phrase it as being something you personally wish for instead of something that might actually happen.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
But you still brought it up as a possibility, and I shot down that possibility. If you don't want me to respond that like then phrase it as being something you personally wish for instead of something that might actually happen.
why are you like this
no harm was done, guy just wanted to talk about a possibility and you blame the crow
Unbelievable we were all having a good time and Wario decided to attack the bird.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I think it's impossible for some people to post without automatically arguing with anyone who responds including those who post of in agreement. It's just one of those things... like hemorrhoids.
Actually hemorrhoids have no relations to arguments and I find it offensive you even though of making such a comparison.
By the way your avatar sucks.

Theguy123

Smash Lord

he‘a just having fun. You realise this is a speculation thread right for people to talk to each other about their hopes and dream characters and to have fun speculating on what they can do. Don’t be such a buzzkill

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
No offense to Euden but like

God that would be awkward as **** if he got in.

His game's on the verge of shuttering and then getting in as CP11 would be hella awkward.
And regardless of his dragon form. People would still whine about Ultimate ending with another "anime swordsman".

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Besides the obvious Euden, it's kinda weird to me that people are still clinging onto the notion of there being a new Zelda rep.

Especially since A.) Zelda's anniversary celebration this year turned out to be a nothing burger and B.) BOTW2 is gonna be released way after this game's DLC is done with lol.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Besides the obvious Euden, it's kinda weird to me that people are still clinging onto the notion of there being a new Zelda rep.

Especially since A.) Zelda's anniversary celebration this year turned out to be a nothing burger and B.) BOTW2 is gonna be released way after this game's DLC is done with lol.
Especially the 4 champions.

I get that if all started due to that one fake leak, but like.

If Pyra and Mythra are basically clones of one another, people out here thinking we'd get a 4 in 1? Nah man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom