• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Dude that artist went off on the characters he did
Have you seen his other ones?

Edit:
He also did Pacman a bit later
View attachment 328974

Raf Grassetti if I'm not mistaken (may have misspelled that too). Pretty sure he did that Knuckles image too, the one that gets used on articles concerning Knuckles' appearance in the upcoming "Sonic the Hedgehog 2" movie since no official image of Knuckles has appeared beyond set props and a teaser of his hand. Actually irritates me when entertainment outlets use fanart in this way. Call it a pet peeve.

Eldrake

Smash Lord

Edit:
View attachment 328974
This is the work of Raf Grassetti, the God of War 2018 Creating Art Director for those who are curious.
Probably one of the best 'realistic art' series out there, really.

A common pet peeves I have with realistic art is that most of these tend to equate realism with ugliness, so a realistic art series that avoids hitting that pet peeves is truly refreshing to me.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team

Edit:
View attachment 328974
This is the work of Raf Grassetti, the God of War 2018 Creating Art Director for those who are curious.
That artist is really good... Though the peach kinda look like a dude...

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Saw a theory speculation post to do with the numbering off mii costumes on 4chan. Anyone wanna hear it or should I not put it because it’s 4chan. Currently bored with mo smash news to talk about.

FreeFox

Smash Lord

Edit:
View attachment 328974
I would love to see the rest of the Starfox gang in this art. Fox translated extremely well.
Saw a theory speculation post to do with the numbering off mii costumes on 4chan. Anyone wanna hear it or should I not put it because it’s 4chan. Currently bored with mo smash news to talk about.
Why not? Lets check it out.

Edit: Greninja´d :ultgreninja:

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Eh, worth a shot
someone said this. Their theory is that the scrapped mii costume that was in kazuya’s mii wave originally will appear in the last mii wave and the character might potentially be from that franchise that had the mii cut from kazuya’s wave.

wanted to bring something up smash wise because speculation is dead currently and we don’t have Long left before cp11’s announcement.

Attachments

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
someone said this. Their theory is that the scrapped mii costume that was in kazuya’s mii wave originally will appear in the last mii wave and the character might potentially be from that franchise that had the mii cut from kazuya’s wave.

wanted to bring something up smash wise because speculation is dead currently and we don’t have Long left before cp11’s announcement.
So we’d be looking at…what exactly? A popular character whose series or company can feasibly have multiple Smash candidates? How exactly does a Mii Costume get pushed forward anyway? I imagine changing the plan like that wouldn’t be an ordinary occurence. Furthermore, does order of Miis in a wave mean anything? Does “between Dragonborn and Shantae” rule out any companies?

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Raf Grassetti if I'm not mistaken (may have misspelled that too). Pretty sure he did that Knuckles image too, the one that gets used on articles concerning Knuckles' appearance in the upcoming "Sonic the Hedgehog 2" movie since no official image of Knuckles has appeared beyond set props and a teaser of his hand. Actually irritates me when entertainment outlets use fanart in this way. Call it a pet peeve.
You're right on that. He drew him and said as a fun little statement "Make @TheRock Knuckles" basically.
He drew Tails too, but I digress.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace

Cut or postponed? HMMMMMM..... I could bring it up again, but I guess we'll have to wait til next week for the reveal if my hunch was right for a certain fighter.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Oh......dipping back into the speculation pool. Ehh.....something to pass the time.

Whoever it is, just turn off any predictions once the announcement arrives. Best way to minimize salt.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

One problem I have with this theory is this:
How does he know for sure that there were gaps for the costumes? Has he checked the game's in-game files?

Theguy123

Smash Lord
How does he know for sure that there were gaps for the costumes? Has he checked the game's in-game files?
yeah they listed the numbers that came with each character. I just didn’t put them down because I didn’t wanna make a super long post with the picture attached. I’ll put them down

Joker's wave
Tails 11187
Knuckles 11188
Persona 4 P 8509
Persona 3 P 8508
Teddie 8510

Hero's wave:
Erdrick 2102
Martial Artist 2103
Veronica 2104
Slime 2105

Banjo's wave:
Team rocket 14741
Goemon 14742
Sans 14743
Protoman 14744
Zero 14745

Terry's wave:
Ryu Sakazaki 16733
Nakoruru 16734
Iory Yagami 16735
Akira 16736
Jacky 16737

Byleth's wave:
Cuphead 18630
Alatair 18631
Rabbids 18632
MegaManEXE 18634

Ninjara 20823
Callie 20824
Marie 20825
Vault Boy 20826
Heihachi 20827

Steve's wave:
Creeper 23145
Pig Mask 23146
Diamond Helmet 23147
Travis 23148
Bomberman 23149
Girl 23150

Sephiroth's wave
Barret 24367
Tifa 24368
Aerith 24369
Chocobo 24370
Geno 24371

Pyra/Mythra's wave:
Arthur 25915
Felyne 25919
Hunter 25928
Rathalos 25932

Kazuya's wave:
Dante 27892
Shantae 27893
Dragonborn 27895
Lloyd 27896

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

That simply means it's a character that would have been a perfect fit with Kazuya, yet they decided to cancel it for X or Y reason.
But since the numbers don't follow from one wave to the other, it would be hard to pinpoint who or what it was. But if there is a halfblood character with the next wave it'll probably be the one that was scrapped.

I did that two days ago when trying to check the European website, there's in fact a missing costume with Kazuya.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
That simply means it's a character that would have been a perfect fit with Kazuya, yet they decided to cancel it for X or Y reason.
But since the numbers don't follow from one wave to the other, it would be hard to pinpoint who or what it was. But if there is a halfblood character with the next wave it'll probably be the one that was scrapped.

I did that two days ago when trying to check the European website, there's in fact a missing costume with Kazuya.
Inb4 another fighting game character or a demon or hell-related character

or all of the above

this is how Scorpion wins

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Inb4 another fighting game character or a demon or hell-related character

or all of the above

this is how Scorpion wins
Oh I didn't think of it that way. Because if it's true, that means the scrapped character must have some sort of link between Kazuya and the next fighter. Though since we don't know which Mii costume was cut, heck we don't even know if it'll come back, this is a mystery that will only be solved with the last fighter's Mii costumes.

It's funny.

For all intent and purpose, we're not even guaranteed a Direct next week, yet we're all basically counting on it.
I'm 99% sure we are getting a September direct, the only question is if it's next week or the following one.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Oh I didn't think of it that way. Because if it's true, that means the scrapped character must have some sort of link between Kazuya and the next fighter. Though since we don't know which Mii costume was cut, heck we don't even know if it'll come back, this is a mystery that will only be solved with the last fighter's Mii costumes.
Yea I agree

I think this theory is 100% holding water right now.

And it's a good piece of evidence to suggest that Kazuya has something in common with our last fighter.
And the character the scrapped (or postponed) Mii Costume could have something more in common with out last fighter than Kazuya.

SKX31

Smash Master
It's funny.

For all intent and purpose, we're not even guaranteed a Direct next week, yet we're all basically counting on it.
I'm 99% sure we are getting a September direct, the only question is if it's next week or the following one.

Hell, with Nintendo being Nintendo - really unpredictable - I could see them holding it even later on. The window between WarioWare and Dread (Sep 10th-Oct. 8th) is a possibility since there are not any big Nintendo releases in between those two (AFAIK, I swear I could be missing something here).

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
yeah they listed the numbers that came with each character. I just didn’t put them down because I didn’t wanna make a super long post with the picture attached. I’ll put them down

Tails 11187
Knuckles 11188
Persona 4 P 8509
Persona 3 P 8508
Teddie 8510

Erdrick 2102
Martial Artist 2103
Veronica 2104
Slime 2105

Team rocket 14741
Goemon 14742
Sans 14743
Protoman 14744
Zero 14745

Ryu Sakazaki 16733
Nakoruru 16734
Iory Yagami 16735
Akira 16736
Jacky 16737

Cuphead 18630
Alatair 18631
Rabbids 18632
MegaManEXE 18634

Ninjara 20823
Callie 20824
Marie 20825
Vault Boy 20826
Heihachi 20827

Creeper 23145
Pig Mask 23146
Diamond Helmet 23147
Travis 23148
Bomberman 23149
Girl 23150

Barret 24367
Tifa 24368
Aerith 24369
Chocobo 24370
Geno 24371

Arthur 25915
Felyne 25919
Hunter 25928
Rathalos 25932

Dante 27892
Shantae 27893
Dragonborn 27895
Lloyd 27896
Couldn't these missing numbers just be for other updates, like events and Spirits, then?

Because if we were to assume that missing numbers are missing costumes, there's more costumes than characters.

• 3 numbers skipped between Arthur and Felyne
  • A whopping 8 between Felyne and Hunter
  • 3 more between Hunter and Rathalos
  • 1 more between Shantae and Dragonborn

Which would bring us to a total of 15 missing Mii Costumes - enough for 3 or 4 whole Mii waves, at minimum. The math just doesn't add up.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Wouldn’t we be looking at “popular” characters? Kazuya’s Mii Wave was very much “consolation price-y”. How easy are new third party costumes to move?

Imo, this most likely doesn’t really have bearing on the final character. They probably have another “Remember Mii” consolation wave and just heaved the one taken from this one to the next to distribute them more evenly.

Dukefire

Smash Master
or Akuma.

Still, is the last trailer for Challenger 11 be light or dark tone?

Min Min: Music from every arena from ARMS with the remix of the main theme
Steve/Alex/Zombie/Enderman: Cheerful music from the world of Minecraft
Sephiroth: One Winged Angel intensifies with Despair
Pyra/Mythra: Rex travelling Aegis in search of his missing blade partner
Kazuya: King of Darkness with Tekken's tone of fighting
???: ???

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Yea I agree

I think this theory is 100% holding water right now.

And it's a good piece of evidence to suggest that Kazuya has something in common with our last fighter.
And the character the scrapped (or postponed) Mii Costume could have something more in common with out last fighter than Kazuya.
That is, if they do bring the costume back, which we don't know. Maybe they really scrapped the costume for good.

Couldn't these missing numbers just be for other updates, like events and Spirits, then?

Because if we were to assume that missing numbers are missing costumes, there's more costumes than characters.

• 3 numbers skipped between Arthur and Felyne
  • A whopping 8 between Felyne and Hunter
  • 3 more between Hunter and Rathalos
  • 1 more between Shantae and Dragonborn

Which would bring us to a total of 15 missing Mii Costumes - enough for 3 or 4 whole Mii waves, at minimum. The math just doesn't add up.
I believe the issue the poster pointed out is that the Mii costumes, like the events, follow a pattern where they are numbered next to each other, except with Joker, Pyra/Mythra and Kazuya. While Joker and Pyra/Mythra have tens of missing numbers, oddly enough, Kazuya only has one straight skip.

Wouldn’t we be looking at “popular” characters? Kazuya’s Mii Wave was very much “consolation price-y”. How easy are new third party costumes to move?
If you already negotiatied to have the Mii costumes, it's not that hard to move it whenever you want. Also according to the poster, the Mii costumes with Kazuya are demi-blood characters, which implies the missing costume is also a demi-blood.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I believe the issue the poster pointed out is that the Mii costumes, like the events, follow a pattern where they are numbered next to each other, except with Joker, Pyra/Mythra and Kazuya. While Joker and Pyra/Mythra have tens of missing numbers, oddly enough, Kazuya only has one straight skip.
I see. Makes sense. But then again, I don't really see why a single skip would mean something when there's been several of them in past waves.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Interesting. Enough to add more credibility to the Mario Rapper leak

If you already negotiatied to have the Mii costumes, it's not that hard to move it whenever you want. Also according to the poster, the Mii costumes with Kazuya are demi-blood characters, which implies the missing costume is also a demi-blood.
What is a demi-blood?

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I don't think the missing mii costume in Kazuya's wave means anything for the next challenger pack, really. I think it's more likely that there was a third party mii costume planned but something went sour with the owner company behind the scenes and Nintendo lost the rights to the costume.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I see. Makes sense. But then again, I don't really see why a single skip would mean something when there's been several of them in past waves.
For Joker, it being the first wave could justify the weird way they numbered the costumes, though Tails and Knuckles mysteriously follow each other.
For Pyra and Mythra, no idea, especially when the two returning costumes are not next to each other for some reason.

What is a demi-blood?
With mixed blood (it's demi in French).
Kazuya is demi-demon, so is Dante, Shantae is part genie, Dragonborn has blood of dragon, and Lloyd is an Angel. I don't know how to spoiler things but the game has been out for over a decade, so sorry.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
For Joker, it being the first wave could justify the weird way they numbered the costumes, though Tails and Knuckles mysteriously follow each other.
For Pyra and Mythra, no idea, especially when the two returning costumes are not next to each other for some reason.

With mixed blood (it's demi in French).
Kazuya is demi-demon, so is Dante, Shantae is part genie, Dragonborn has blood of dragon, and Lloyd is an Angel. I don't know how to spoiler things but the game has been out for over a decade, so sorry.
Ah, casually spoiling story elements, how quaint.
Well let me help you out:
1630705288997.png

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
So I went ahead and asked SmashEra about this and MondoMega MondoMega replied with

What they seemingly haven't mentioned is that these are just the AU/NZ eShop page IDs for the costumes. It's a region-specific thing, and Japan have different page IDs. Over there they have no gap at all between the costumes in Kazuya's wave, just straight through 27881-27884.

Edit: they just followed up with

There are certain things that hold true on the Japanese eShop too though. There are still gaps between the Persona and Sonic costumes despite them being in the same wave (8403-8405 / 11185-11186), and Pyra and Mythra's wave all have a bunch of random gaps between them (Arthur: 25913; Felyne: 25917; Hunter: 25922; Rathalos: 25930).

The Japanese eShop has its own set of oddities though! Hero's wave all have a bunch of gaps between them:
  • Erdrick: 11823
  • Martial Artist: 11827
  • Veronica: 11829
  • Slime: 11831
and here's the most curious part: the Goemon and Team Rocket costumes follow right after Slime, with the rest of Banjo's wave coming in later:
  • Team Rocket: 11832
  • Goemon: 11833
  • Sans: 14661
  • Proto Man: 14662
  • Zero: 14663

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So I went ahead and asked SmashEra about this and MondoMega MondoMega replied with

Edit: they just followed up with
Ah so it's inconsistent throughout all regions?
That really doesn't tell us anything then. Doesn't seem to be a logical thread connecting all these gaps in numbers.

I somehow doubt they'll be able to fill out all these gaps between the numbers by the time the game is finished.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom