• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
At the end of the day

This argument is silly and pointless, because it's nothing but bias.
The argument is not biased at all. I don't care about Toad and I actually like Banjo so I wouldn't say that other characters deserved it from him for no reason. I explained my stance already, I'm looking at it from an objective standpoint taking into consideration what most gamers and gamers on switch would know.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Not my argument. Its yours. You say Mario deserves more characters based on sales? Then you have to admit that Pokemon deserves 70 billion worth of characters.
You're making up your own interpretation of what I said and trying to use that interpretation against me even though it's not what I said at all. Just please stop. I was talking about gaming franchises.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
“If I use a certain subset of statistics without context, You can’t argue with facts. If you’re able to point out the logically fallacy of my evidence, you misunderstand my argument. If you understand my argument, then your just trolling.”

Any argument that follows these lines is an argument not worth having, in my grandads words.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
“If I use a certain subset of statistics without context, You can’t argue with facts. If you’re able to point out the logically fallacy of my evidence, you misunderstand my argument. If you understand my argument, then your just trolling.”

Any argument that follows these lines is an argument not worth having, in my grandads words.
But I did none of this. In fact there was no logical fallacy at all because the only reason that ever happened was somebody clinging onto part of what I said and trying to make it seem like I was arguing about franchises in general and not just gaming franchises.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
You're making up your own interpretation of what I said and trying to use that interpretation against me even though it's not what I said at all. Just please stop. I was talking about gaming franchises.
Not really.
Just because we have the roster we have right now, doesn't mean there aren't characters who deserve to be on the roster more than the ones we have, it's pretty clear that there are some characters who deserve to be in a crossover of this scale more than others. For example, new nintendo characters like Min Min, Corrin, Pyra/Mythra and Byleth don't deserve it at all.

The only point I was trying to argue was that, from an objective standpoint, the 2 biggest characters left in the biggest Nintendo franchise, and also the biggest gaming franchise in the world deserve to be in the game more than a lot of the DLC characters and should have been added a long time ago.
You said this. I am correcting you. You want to follow this logic through? Then the one franchise getting the characters should be Pokemon. You have the numbers to see which one is more recognizable and desired. Even in this thread, there is lots of people asking for pokemon characters so there is even proof that there is demand.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
But I did none of this. In fact there was no logical fallacy at all because the only reason that ever happened was somebody clinging onto part of what I said and trying to make it seem like I was arguing about franchises in general and not just gaming franchises.
I never mentioned you. I mentioned using a subset of statistics without context. I could just as well have been referring to the other statistics mentioned in the argument. Any meaning you attach are your words, not mine.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Not really.

You said this. I am correcting you. You want to follow this logic through? Then the one franchise getting the characters should be Pokemon. You have the numbers to see which one is more recognizable and desired. Even in this thread, there is lots of people asking for pokemon characters so there is even proof that there is demand.
You read what I said but you still don't get it. Please do me a favor and read it 3-4 more times until you can finally comprehend it. I'm not going to keep arguing with someone who just can't realize that they're wrongly interpreting what I said.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
This conversation is getting a bit dogpiley, so I'll just drop my perspective outside of it:

To me, Super Smash Bros. is a celebration of gaming, not necessarily a hall of fame. We have characters from many different corners of the market:
:ultlink::ultkazuya::ultsnake::ultdk::ulthero:
We've got characters from gaming milestones:
:ultgnw::ultmario::ultryu::ultsteve:
We've got characters that are there to show off more of the series:
:ultpalutena::ultpyra:/:ultmythra::ultlucario::ultike:
We've got characters simply because they bring in new ideas:
:ultpiranha::ulticeclimbers::ultwiifittrainer::ultduckhunt:

And of course, a lot of these are oversimplifying, so please don't yell at me for that. Anyway, it's not just the characters either. So many locations from all across the landscape from Midgar (the central location of one of the biggest RPGs of all time) to Hanenbow (what I'm pretty sure is an interactive musical instrument from a very lesser known game called Electroplankton). We even have a Nintendo DS chat app as a stage. It's glorious. That's also not taking into account the absolutely bonkers items, the veritable treasure trove of songs throughout gaming, and the attempt at cataloguing every game known to man (OK maybe not quite, but still, it's very thorough) with Spirits.

Super Smash Bros. isn't the sum of only the most well known or loved games, it's the sum of...well, games.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
You read what I said but you still don't get it. Please do me a favor and read it 3-4 more times until you can finally comprehend it. I'm not going to keep arguing with someone who just can't realize that they're wrongly interpreting what I said.
Then go ahead and explain yourself better because I am using your measures which were "biggest Nintendo franchise" and "biggest videogame franchise". If you think I am interpreting anything wrong, then show me where the issue in.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I never mentioned you. I mentioned using a subset of statistics without context. I could just as well have been referring to the other statistics mentioned in the argument. Any meaning you attach are your words, not mine.
Yeah you are referring to me. I can see you hiding things that you think I'm doing in your post. But first of all, it's not me saying that he wrongly interpreted what I said, he actually did. And I very clearly said gaming franchises in the post. It's literally one post above you just look at the underlined words.

Stop trying to think that you're clever and just mention me directly if you respond to me please.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Yeah you are referring to me. I can see you hiding things that you think I'm doing in your post. But first of all, it's not me saying that he wrongly interpreted what I said, he actually did. And I very clearly said gaming franchises in the post. It's literally one post above you just look at the underlined words.

Stop trying to think that you're clever and just mention me directly if you respond to me please.
My interpretation of Þe 1 → Way is correct. There is no way I interpret them wrong.
FreeFox is wrong. He didnt interpret me correctly.

The irony........

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

it's not me saying that he wrongly interpreted what I said, he actually did
So your saying what I said applies to the other guy? Yet your confident I was referring exclusively to you?

If you want me to drop the subtlety. I was referring to both sides of the argument. As they rely on a lot of the same logic. Statistic subsets, followed by claims of the point being misunderstood.

If I was talking about you specifically, I’d quote you. I’ve done so in the past, I’m not afraid to keep doing it.

As I said earlier, this argument isn’t worth having. It appears you misunderstood my post ;)

Now lets drop it before things get more heated.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
My interpretation of Þe 1 → Way is correct. There is no way I interpret them wrong.
FreeFox is wrong. He didnt interpret me correctly.

The irony........
You're wrong because I clearly stated that I was talking about gaming franchises, it's in the post. The other guy's post is pretty vague, so it's up to interpretation, if a post is actually up for interpretation than I can assume I have the right interpretation instead of making up things that he never said.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
So your saying what I said applies to the other guy? Yet your confident I was referring exclusively to you?

If you want me to drop the subtlety. I was referring to both sides of the argument. As they rely on a lot of the same logic. Statistic subsets, followed by claims of the point being misunderstood.

If I was talking about you specifically, I’d quote you. I’ve done so in the past, I’m not afraid to keep doing it.

As I said earlier, this argument isn’t worth having. It appears you misunderstood my post ;)

Now lets drop it before things get more heated.
I know its bad logic. I was just following it through its natural conclusion. I think SMAASH! Puppy made an excellent job explaining the true nature of selection.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Because random eshop maitanence doesn't mean that we are definitely getting a direct, and I don't think it's very likely that they will do a direct before Warioware Get it Together releases, because it will probably be overshadowed.

Shroob

Sup?
Because random eshop maitanence doesn't mean that we are definitely getting a direct, and I don't think it's very likely that they will do a direct before Warioware Get it Together releases, because it will probably be overshadowed.
If they drop a Smash release and a ton of new game news during the week of Get it Together coming out, would that not overshadow it more than dropping it on a week where they have literally nothing planned?

I don't think it's coming this week mind you, but dropping it next week is just as easy to overshadow it with new reveals, and Smash.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
If they drop a Smash release and a ton of new game news during the week of Get it Together coming out, would that not overshadow it more than dropping it on a week where they have literally nothing planned?

I don't think it's coming this week mind you, but dropping it next week is just as easy to overshadow it with new reveals, and Smash.
I didn't say during the week. I think we will get the next direct in the third week more than likely. It's not impossible to get it in the first 2, but I just don't see it happening.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Fair point. I’d say though using a Direct for last minute promotion of a more niche title like Warioware could be a good strategy. And while Maintenance isn’t 100% guaranteeing a direct, it is a good sign of one given the past.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom