• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Normally, Directs in September tend to drop within the first half, with the absolute latest recorded being the 17th, and as early as the 1st.

It'll come, just the question is when.
So the third week is definitely in the realm of possibility judging by what you're saying. That's when I think it will come.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So the third week is definitely in the realm of possibility judging by what you're saying. That's when I think it will come.
It's always been, yes. The only thing I'm extremely hesitant to say is anything later than that, because you start encroaching on the Tokyo Game Show's territory, and Nintendo tends to be very hands-off on reveals when a major gaming show is going off, even if they're not personally attending.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Because random eshop maitanence doesn't mean that we are definitely getting a direct, and I don't think it's very likely that they will do a direct before Warioware Get it Together releases, because it will probably be overshadowed.
Wouldn't they just put WarioWare: Get it Together in the direct?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
"GameBoy and GameBoy Color games on Switch Online"
what's the GB equivalent of EarthBound or Mario RPG, something tons of people would want that Nintendo will take forever to add?

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Even if they did, the Direct would still be coming too close to the release of the game, so people would be paying attention to all of the other news, maybe pre ordering whatever new game gets announced, or getting excited for the new board in Mario Party Superstars, so the hype for Warioware Get it Together would probably be overshadowed.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
what's the GB equivalent of EarthBound or Mario RPG, something tons of people would want that Nintendo will take forever to add?
Wario Land 3, potentially? Just because Nintendo tends to not like showing attention to Wario Land, and it did come out on Game Boy Color.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace

*Insert Pokemon game here

I really don't think we'll get any because Game Freak just wants to remaster them and doesn't want anybody to play the old ones.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Pokémon GB/GBC games on the Switch would be awesome. Wouldn't have to mess with Bank with them on the Switch.

I'm guessing Bank is why they won't be on Switch, though. Money money money money money money money money mon-

please put FR/LG on Switch at least.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

I really don't think we'll get any because Game Freak just wants to remaster them and doesn't want anybody to play the old ones.
We did get Gen 1 and 2 on the 3DS Eshop.

I just wanna play the old GBC trading card game one, that game's oddly nostalgic to me.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I just hope we dont get more shovelware. Nintendo, give me a reason to think the online is worth something.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
We did get Gen 1 and 2 on the 3DS Eshop.

I just wanna play the old GBC trading card game one, that game's oddly nostalgic to me.
Yeah but that was behind a price tag, that Game Freak probably got more money for. I think it's different than putting it on a subscription that comes with Nintendo Online.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Even if they did, the Direct would still be coming too close to the release of the game, so people would be paying attention to all of the other news, maybe pre ordering whatever new game gets announced, or getting excited for the new board in Mario Party Superstars, so the hype for Warioware Get it Together would probably be overshadowed.
I dunno, it would still serve as a reminder for it, and you could get them with an "out now" if it was next week.

Either way not many people are going to pay much attention to it by virtue of it being niche.

And yet they give each game a "feature" to be nostalgic for.

Y U do dis Gamefreak?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Wario Land 3, potentially? Just because Nintendo tends to not like showing attention to Wario Land, and it did come out on Game Boy Color.
I mean, Wario Land 3 did come out on 3DS. Heck, if you were an Ambassador, you could have Wario Land 1, 2, 3 and 4 on your 3DS.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Speaking of.

PracticalBrush12 has been silent for a long-ass time. I'd keep an eye on them. As soon as they say anything, a Direct is coming soon.
Oh boy
Also if CP11 gets a stand-alone direct reveal and he somehow manages to say and claim the correct name a bit before the presentation, that’d be impressive like he did with Byleth

Shroob

Sup?
Oh boy
Also if CP11 gets a stand-alone direct reveal and he somehow manages to say and claim the correct name a bit before the presentation, that’d be impressive like he did with Byleth
And Steve.

However, that was then. He wasn't able to leak Pythra or Kazuya because, in his own words, "Smash news is hard to get."

Coupled with the fact that other journalists have said they've received Smash info separate from Direct press kits, yeah.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I mean, Wario Land 3 did come out on 3DS. Heck, if you were an Ambassador, you could have Wario Land 1, 2, 3 and 4 on your 3DS.
It did? Huh. I have no idea what would be the big Earthbound/SMRPG game that we can't get then lol

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Aight, this is off topic but Ivander Ivander I gotta ask why you're using the card art version of "Arwan" in your signature and not the illustration without the border lol. Unless you're like, a big fan of Teppen and the card's stats are relevant I guess.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
This actually led me to a broader question in my head which I will now share with the class...

What all do we think will be in the direct?

Besides a mention at the least of fp11, that is... I don't even think it matters when the direct happens this month same games will be showcased imho

FreeFox

Smash Lord
They're that Reddit leaker that basically dumps Direct content before it airs with basically flawless accuracy.

They even got copyright struck by Capcom for spilling the beans in regards to Rise's Direct.
I see. That is great.

Oh boy
Wow. That sounds reliable (and promising).

And Steve.

However, that was then. He wasn't able to leak Pythra or Kazuya because, in his own words, "Smash news is hard to get."

Coupled with the fact that other journalists have said they've received Smash info separate from Direct press kits, yeah.
I cant blame them. It seems like we dont have any smash leakers anymore due to this. Well, any info they can give, still could be rather nice.

Edit:
This actually led me to a broader question in my head which I will now share with the class...

Besides a mention at the least of fp11, that is... I don't even think it matters when the direct happens this month same games will be showcased imho
-Metroid Dread
-Advanced Wars 1+2
-A new ip revival
-More on the new Mario Party Superstars
-Splatoon 3

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
On the topic of GB/GBC games that are wanted, but may not happen for a long time.....

What about Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening? Considering the remake on Switch...
Aight, this is off topic but Ivander Ivander I gotta ask why you're using the card art version of "Arwan" in your signature and not the illustration without the border lol. Unless you're like, a big fan of Teppen and the card's stats are relevant I guess.
At the time I put it in my signature, the full card art hadn't come out yet and originally came from the Teppen twitter. Heck, the avatar I'm using originally came from the reveal trailer where the art was shown the first time and not from the card art. I thought I was going to do a moment with my signature where I used various Teppen art of the monsters as the cards from the pack were slowly revealed, but as you can see, only the one happened. At some point, I'll probably take it off.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace

The only thing I'm absolutely certain we will see is another trailer for Mario Party Superstars. It's not a coincidence that they've been holding off on info for that game. Also it comes out next month, I don't think they'll just randomly start dropping trailers in the weeks coming to release.

Other than that I don't really know, a new Kirby game wouldn't surprise me that much. I also wouldn't be surprised if we got another random port like we did with Miitopia, like maybe a Tomadachi Life port or something.

I will say to take Nate's info with a grain of salt tbh.

He's not uncredible, but he's not flawless either. As much as the idea of playing GB/GBC games on the Switch is enticing, it wouldn't be the first time we've heard "X system is coming to Switch!"
There is a difference though. The difference is that unlike Gamecube or Wii games or whatever other rumor you were hearing, the storage size for Gameboy games probably fits Nintendo Online and isn't much bigger than NES and SNES games, it's definitely possible.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The only thing I'm absolutely certain we will see is another trailer for Mario Party Superstars. It's not a coincidence that they've been holding off on info for that game. Also it comes out next month, I don't think they'll just randomly start dropping trailers in the weeks coming to release.

Other than that I don't really know, a new Kirby game wouldn't surprise me that much. I also wouldn't be surprised if we got another random port like we did with Miitopia, like maybe a Tomadachi Life port or something.

There is a difference though. The difference is that unlike Gamecube or Wii games or whatever other rumor you were hearing, the storage size for Gameboy games probably fits Nintendo Online and isn't much bigger than NES and SNES games, it's definitely possible.
It's 100% possible, and we've known for 2 years that the Switch has emulators inside it to emulate GB/GBC games. The question isn't if it's possible, the question is if the "It's coming VERY soon, like, this month soon" is credible or not.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Don't you all know? GB games being added to NSO is proof Nintendo are listening to fans! They're adding another Metroid game so newbies can catch up for Dread!
The fact that the GB Metroid game is Metroid 2, which is the game they just remade, therefore doing nothing to catch people up makes this even funnier. lol

...That's the joke isn't it?

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I don't have anything against you personally, but I'll say that you never seem to have anything positive to say about anything. Ever. It's weird.
Well, most of the time, if I agree with someone, I just give them a Like. While if I disagree with them, I explain why they're wrong.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Well, most of the time, if I agree with someone, I just give them a Like. While if I disagree with them, I explain why they're wrong.
No you don't explain why they're wrong. For almost every post of mine that you've responded to you've basically just left one word and that's it. You just basically say "I know I'm right, and you're wrong" without explaining a single thing. Which isn't really a constructive way of disagreeing with someone and doesn't add much to the board.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
The only thing I want from the direct is more gifs of blue boy doing cool stuff

Not like it's gonna happen but imagine doing all this in smash, wouldn't that be cool, hahaha.
What game is this? It looks like something I should have in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom