• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't you all know? GB games being added to NSO is proof Nintendo are listening to fans! They're adding another Metroid game so newbies can catch up for Dread!

Also that argument that happened a while ago furthwr solidifies my believe Toad is a joke request
Toad is a legit request.

C'mon Gwen, you of all people know better than to throw the "meme pick" accusation around.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What game is this? It looks like something I should have in my life.
It's called "Shin Megami Tensei V" my friend, the latest installment in the historic JRPG franchise Shin Megami Tensei by Atlus. It comes out 11/12/21.

If you're interested in the game or the franchise as a whole, click on the link below and use code "I support" to gain a 50% discount on all your latest SMTV news.
|
|
V

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
No you don't explain why they're wrong. For almost every post of mine that you've responded to you've basically just left one word and that's it.
"Waluigi is on the same level Ridley, K Rool and Banjo were." is so outrageously wrong, that no explanation is required. It's ridiculous and everyone knows it.

Just like when Willbuysmash4mw says all leaks are true and they all point to Nahobino.

There's no reasoning with that kind of delusion. All you can do is laugh and go "This ain't it, chief."

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Toad is a legit request.

C'mon Gwen, you of all people know better than to throw the "meme pick" accusation around.
So is Waluigi. They're both characters that got requested for basically the same reason, because they fit well with the Mario characters currently on the roster. The only reason people even consider Waluigi a "meme pick" is because he's a character that's been heavily memed on for a while. If he was never memed on, everybody would agree that he should come to the game. It's absolutely stupid how people have to cling onto this one thing.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I just going through the last few pages and I find the notion that characters like Pyra/Mythra and Min Min don't """deserve""" it to be laughable. Smash would feel boring and outdated if it only included the old characters people are clamoring for.
I can understand the logic behind thinking Waluigi and Toad """deserve""" it more, but that's just not how Sakurai approaches things. I still want Dixie for a similar reason, but I don't think I would've traded her for any of the DLC characters.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
"Waluigi is on the same level Ridley, K Rool and Banjo were." is so outrageously wrong, that no explanation is required. It's ridiculous and everyone knows it.

Well.. you've had plenty of time to explain why. I'm pretty sure it's just your opinion on Waluigi that makes this "outrageously wrong" yes Waluigi is more heavily memed than the other 2, but that's it. They're all big names that have been floated around for a while and been in the speculation scene for a long enough time to be hyped up by casuals. How many people do you think actually wanted Banjo and K. Rool because of nostalgia? "Meme pick" could go to all 3 of these characters, you still can't deny that Waluigi is heavily talked about and wanted by a lot of people.

Basically your entire argument boils down to "the characters I like are more requested than Waluigi is because I like them" So I'm not arguing with someone who is biased sorry. Try again later, maybe I just won't respond to the next thing you say because it's so outrageously wrong that no explanation is required for why it's wrong.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Toad is a legit request.
Nobody who's the star of their own Mario spinoff is an illegitimate request.

So is Waluigi. They're both characters that got requested for basically the same reason, because they fit well with the Mario characters currently on the roster. The only reason people even consider Waluigi a "meme pick" is because he's a character that's been heavily memed on for a while. If he was never memed on, everybody would agree that he should come to the game.
No, because that wouldn't change the fact that he's never been more than Player 8 in any game he's ever appeared in.

Talk to me after Waluigi's Wrecking Crew comes out.

How does one count "deservedness"? Iconicness?
Correct.

Just because we have the roster we have right now, doesn't mean there aren't characters who deserve to be on the roster more than the ones we have, it's pretty clear that there are some characters who deserve to be in a crossover of this scale more than others. For example, new nintendo characters like Min Min, Corrin, Pyra/Mythra and Byleth don't deserve it at all.
I actually agree with this. Some of your examples are wrong. As is who you'd replace them with. But the sentiment is correct.

There are plenty of characters that deserve tobe in Smash more than the likes of Ice Climbers, ROB or Plant.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace

No, because that wouldn't change the fact that he's never been more than Player 8 in any game he's ever appeared in.

Talk to me after Waluigi's Wrecking Crew comes out.
I never said anything about this though? Also you're so outrageously wrong that I don't even need to explain why you're wrong. Too bad, I'm not gonna argue with you.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I like the ordering of the CSS. Assigning every fighter a number based on when they debuted was a pretty epic way to sell the "ultimate" factor of the game.
Agreed. Plus, sorting rosters by character introduction is something I'm used to doing.

That said, they should let the player choose the order.

Or hell, being able to fully customize the CSS - not just sorting, but also including the ability to resize icons (would need multiple CSS slots - including a space for the default one - and a CSS editor though, so one doesn't need to fear screwing things up)
Just turn the CSS into a tier list. :p

"GameBoy and GameBoy Color games on Switch Online"
what's the GB equivalent of EarthBound or Mario RPG, something tons of people would want that Nintendo will take forever to add?
For Frog the Bell Tolls!

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Trolling

Sorry but you're just wrong. It's such a stupid statement that I don't even have to explain why. I'm just going to laugh at it. LOLLLLLL

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Toad is a legit request.

Yeah but like, hear me out. A character who's most noteworthy trait being Player 4 and nothing else isn't exactly the same level as characters we've gotten for the last 20 years, saying you hate all sorts of characters we got brimming with personality and then saying you'd pop off for Toad feels contradictory. Keep in mind this is just for regular generic Toads, I've no beef with Captain Toad in that regard as he actually stands out

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Yeah but like, hear me out. A character who's most noteworthy trait being Player 4 and nothing else isn't exactly the same level as characters we've gotten for the last 20 years, saying you hate all sorts of characters we got brimming with personality and then saying you'd pop off for Toad feels contradictory. Keep in mind this is just for regular generic Toads, I've no beef with Captain Toad in that regard as he actually stands out
Waluigi has been appearing in the Mario Universe for 20 years. What is this stupid criteria for "importance" that people keep bringing up? He's been a selectable character in nearly every Mario Kart and Party game. Which is actually probably way more notable appearances in total than a lot of Mario Characters, he hasn't had his own game, but neither has Daisy, or Bowser Jr, or Rosalina.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say that Bandana Dee is pretty much in the exact same position. He was a background character in Super Star with a slightly expanded role in the remake (being a joke boss), and then got promoted to the exact same role as Toad in Return to Dream Land. And yet, he's one of the most popular first party requests nowadays. Not that different from Toad.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say that Bandana Dee is pretty much in the exact same position. He was a background character in Super Star with a slightly expanded role in the remake (being a joke boss), and then got promoted to the exact same role as Toad in Return to Dream Land. And yet, he's one of the most popular first party requests nowadays. Not that different from Toad.
No, actually that's way different. One game is not= 50+, it's just basic math.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The main difference being that Kirby has three characters and hasn't seen a newcomer since Brawl while Mario has 9 characters and has gotten a new one every game except for Brawl.

Which is why I'd honestly be fine with almost any Kirby character, though Bandana Dee I want because I like him and I wanna complete the Return to Dreamland crew. This isn't a point against you btw, just explaining why I want a Kirby character so bad lol.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Waluigi has been appearing in the Mario Universe for 20 years. What is this stupid criteria for "importance" that people keep bringing up? He's been a selectable character in nearly every Mario Kart and Party game.
Ok but I never even thought of Waluigi at all when writing that post. Seems to me you see everything as an attack against Waluigi
Nah, Bandana Dee started out like that but he at least has his own identity and ways to stand out from literally every Waddle Dee, again, I don't have these criticisms for Captain Toad and Bandana Dee's more comparable to him

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The main difference being that Kirby has three characters and hasn't seen a newcomer since Brawl while Mario has 9 characters and has gotten a new one every game except for Brawl.

Which is why I'd honestly be fine with almost any Kirby character, though Bandana Dee I want because I like him and I wanna complete the Return to Dreamland crew.
That was also not part of the equation. Sakurai doesn't add reps for the sake of reps. I don't believe in reps for the sake of reps either.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No, actually that's way different. One game is not= 50+, it's just basic math.
Dude imma be blunt.

Your posts are like a fever dream. They aren't even reading what people are saying at this point.

You actively mocked someone who advocated for Toad. You mocked someone who agreed with you on a point.

You are actively forcing potential allies away.

Just go to bed and come back tomorrow.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Dude imma be blunt.

Your posts are like a fever dream. They aren't even reading what people are saying at this point.

You actively mocked someone who advocated for Toad. You mocked someone who agreed with you on a point.

You are actively forcing potential allies away.

Just go to bed and come back tomorrow.
Reading something that's worded terribly and coming to the conclusion that it might mean something else is not my problem, that's the problem of the author of those posts.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
That was also not part of the equation. Sakurai doesn't add reps for the sake of reps. I don't believe in reps for the sake of reps either.
Right, I don't either, I just really want another Kirby character because it's my favorite franchise and I feel like it should have more than 3 characters lmao

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Nah, Bandana Dee started out like that but he at least has his own identity and ways to stand out from literally every Waddle Dee, again, I don't have these criticisms for Captain Toad and Bandana Dee's more comparable to him
Fair enough.
Yes it was. You tried to claim that Bandana Dee and Toad were the same because Bandana Dee appeared in one game when Toad appeared in more games way before he did.
I was moreso talking about them both being player 4 slot fillers, not the amount of games they appear in.
Right, I don't either, I just really want another Kirby character because it's my favorite franchise and I feel like it should have more than 3 characters lmao
That's fair. I'd like Bandana Dee to get in myself, since he's the only one of the main cast of modern Kirby to not be in Smash, though Kirby has a lot of other great fighter options.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Still think that Dark Matter Swordman would be pretty rad.

Especially since he is a Scrimbo and a McJRPG rolled into one character, right!... Right?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Reading something that's worded terribly and coming to the conclusion that it might mean something else is not my problem, that's the problem of the author of those posts.
If you're the only one coming to the wrong conclusion then I doubt everyone else is in the wrong, like, you've done this before by freaking out about the bad rep Waluigi fans had a while ago by pointing out that it wasn't even 5 people when the person you wanted to correct about that literally had said the exact same thing

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
If you're the only one coming to the wrong conclusion then I doubt everyone else is in the wrong, like, you've done this before by freaking out about the bad rep Waluigi fans had a while ago by pointing out that it wasn't even 5 people when the person you wanted to correct about that literally had said the exact same thing
Didn't you have a post that called either Waluigi or Toad "player 4" since the name wasn't specified, I thought you were talking about Waluigi, I really don't see how that's my problem.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Still think that Dark Matter Sword would be pretty rad.

Especially since he is a Scrimbo and a McJRPG rolled into one character, right!... Right?
Honestly I've thought about Dark Matter Swordsman as a sort of true "villain" pick for the Kirby series, but I also kinda want it just for the fanart. Like imagine fanart with Kirby, Meta Knight, and Dedede hanging out, and tagging along with them is a being of pure darkness that wants to destroy everything and literally cannot perceive or feel emotions.

That'd honestly be a hilarious dynamic for fanart, I feel like, just based on the contrast alone.

Plus imagining reaction videos from people that don't know being like "WAIT THIS IS A KIRBY CHARACTER???" is hysterical.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Didn't you have a post that called either Waluigi or Toad "player 4" since the name wasn't specified, I thought you were talking about Waluigi, I really don't see how that's my problem.
Considering the topic was about Toad, it is indeed your problem if you think everything's about Waluigi unless stated otherwise, we call that being overly defensive for no reason. Honestly I'm starting to doubt you're actually honest, but rather someone who hates Waluigi and wants to tank his rep considering how often this happens

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I also want to bring this up
What is this stupid criteria for "importance" that people keep bringing up?
You literally have your own "stupid" criteria for importance. It's why we're even talking about these characters. I think both of these criteria are bogus, but you shouldn't criticize one when advocating for the other.
That was DarthEnderX, not Gwen. Gwen was specifically talking about Toad from the beginning and even mentioned them by name.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Considering the topic was about Toad, it is indeed your problem if you think everything's about Waluigi unless stated otherwise, we call that being overly defensive for no reason. Honestly I'm starting to doubt you're actually honest, but rather someone who hates Waluigi and wants to tank his rep considering how often this happens
But the topic wasn't about Toad, it was about Waluigi and Toad. I thought both characters were in the discussion? How is it unreasonable to assume your description was talking about Toad when it could have also fit Waluigi?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Honestly I've thought about Dark Matter Swordsman as a sort of true "villain" pick for the Kirby series, but I also kinda want it just for the fanart. Like imagine fanart with Kirby, Meta Knight, and Dedede hanging out, and tagging along with them is a being of pure darkness that wants to destroy everything and literally cannot perceive or feel emotions.

That'd honestly be a hilarious dynamic for fanart, I feel like, just based on the contrast alone.
Saaaame, those 4 would go so well together... Even if DMS kinda run the risk of being compared to MK by people who don't know him.

Still, I be pretty happy with his inclusion... If a miracle happen, of course.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
But the topic wasn't about Toad, it was about Waluigi and Toad. I thought both characters were in the discussion? How is it unreasonable to assume your description was talking about Toad when it could have also fit Waluigi?
Just because the discussion is about both of them doesn't mean they can't be looked at individually. I myself rather like Waluigi, but find Toad to be an incredibly boring choice. And again, Gwen specifically talked about Toad. You can tell from her first post on the subject.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
You literally have your own "stupid" criteria for importance. It's why we're even talking about these characters. I think both of these criteria are bogus, but you shouldn't criticize one when advocating for the other.
No I don't though, the only characters I called unimportant were the promotional characters from 1st party Switch games. Which is objectively true, I don't know how you can act like a one off character from a game that will probably be forgotten at some point in the future. And 2 side characters from a game that has more premise from the future, but aren't even the main characters in that game, somehow deserve to be on the roster.

I don't try to argue that any other characters are unimportant. Tell me when I did this.

this website sucks

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
The only way I'd really accept Toad is if we were to get Captain Toad instead. I've never played his game, but I think he'd be extremely unique in comparison to a main series Toad. Heck, maybe look into the possibility of adding Toadette as an echo fighter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom