• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
for some reason SmashBoards has gotten to be rather laggy on mobile sort of, maybe buggy describes it better; page moving on its own so you have to scroll back to what you were reading, still doing that while typing but it zips back to what you’re typing at least, the page refreshes itself automatically after a bit and that sucks while typing since the draft saving thing isn’t consistent…
They couldn’t put in another SNK character because Terry is basically SNK the character, so that slot isn’t really possible to mirror and Kazuya being from a company that now makes Smash makes sense to take that open spot in pass 2.
Rex was added as a Mii costume because they knew he wouldn’t work as a fighter. Sakurai wouldn’t have said he made the Rex mii fighter so people could pretend he is a fighter in Smash if they were working on putting him in as a fighter in the future(this also means that pass 2 was decided in 2018 and not 2019).

I am not heated, I was just wondering why you thought that way considering I see people saying “Sega but no Atlus” a lot for seemingly no reason.
actually Rex was considered and probably tried with Pyra and Mythra joining him, but it was harder than the Ice Climbers so they just went with Pyra and Mythra if I recall what Sakurai said in their Presents video or an interview/column or something clearly.

also Pass 2 likely started in 2019 since Pass 1 started in 2018 + Imran Khan, a big insider dude I think, said Pass 2 was decided around E3 (2019) at 17:01 in this video:

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
If I were to play devil's advocate (which is what I do 90% of the time), I would say that Isaac and Master Chief both have a chance.
But I sincerely believe the final character is gonna be a Gen 8 Pokémon. I can understand why some people doubt that, but I'm really confident. Obviously I could be wrong, but I'd rather be wrong and pleasantly surprised than set myself up for disappointment by expecting someone I actually care about, like Phoenix Wright, Decidueye, or Geno. I don't want a repeat of Incineroar.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I talked a lot about Geno the other day but Isaac is the one I'd actually be more excited for of the two. I actually played his games last year unlike Geno (though SMRPG is next after my Metroid Fusion playthrough... whenever that is) and I think he'd have a really cool moveset. Honestly the music alone is enough for me to want him

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
also Pass 2 likely started in 2019 since Pass 1 started in 2018 + Imran Khan, a big insider dude I think, said Pass 2 was decided around E3 (2019) at 17:01 in this video:
Yeah, Imran says this, but I think the truth is a bit more complicated. Insofar as the selection process may have been going on around E3 2019, but begun much earlier.

Think of it this way, Hero's presentation was recorded around E3 2019, which featured the Enix Mii Costumes. It didn't feature Chocobo or Geno, because those were held off to accompany the Square side of Square-Enix with Sephiroth. However, for them to have made that decision, when the CP2 Mii Wave was hardly at capacity, means they already had plans to include Seph. Or at least a Square character. Which means, at the very least, around E3 2019, some of the second pass had been decided, and was far enough to seemingly finalize some/all of the costumes which would coincide with them.

Given Sephiroth so far being the last to be worked on, it's possible he was also the last decided, though granted, that is entirely conjectural and could easily be wrong. The point is, though, that Imran is not painting a full picture here, and, as suspected, building FP2 begun much earlier than E3 2019.

My guess is it began almost right after launch. Maybe a month or so later.

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
But I sincerely believe the final character is gonna be a Gen 8 Pokémon. I can understand why some people doubt that, but I'm really confident. Obviously I could be wrong, but I'd rather be wrong and pleasantly surprised than set myself up for disappointment by expecting someone I actually care about, like Phoenix Wright, Decidueye, or Geno. I don't want a repeat of Incineroar.
It’s funny how you have the box art for Legends Arceus as your profile picture but yet you fear that challenger pack 11 is a Pokémon.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
It’s funny how you have the box art for Legends Arceus as your profile picture but yet you fear that challenger pack 11 is a Pokémon.
I'm specifically dreading a Pokémon from Sword and Shield. Have you not been paying attention to the state of the Pokémon community in the last 2 years?

Last edited:

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
I fear it's a Pokémon from Sword and Shield. Have you not been paying attention to the state of the Pokémon community in the last 2 years?
I know, I was just commenting on the irony of it all.

Personally I don’t think Legends Arceus is going to be much better than Sword and Shield, but I might get it if we aren’t bombarded with RPGs next year(which we probably will be) because it is at least something new that could result in something great for a future mainline game.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I know, I was just commenting on the irony of it all.

Personally I don’t think Legends Arceus is going to be much better than Sword and Shield, but I might get it if we aren’t bombarded with RPGs next year(which we probably will be) because it is at least something new that could result in something great for a future mainline game.
I have some hope. I'm dying to get a good Pokémon game, but I'm cautious at the same time.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I think FP2 decision was first thought internally at Nintendo by early 2019 after the huge amount of copies Ultimate sold at 2018 holidays.

Then greenlight was made around mid year, and negotiations between each third party developer probably lasted 3-6 months. Then by end 2019, they start working on Min Min

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
With all due respect, I wouldn't really take everything Imran says at absolute value.
The absolute value of a number is the number, but positive so I'm not really sure what you mean by it here.

I also never understood what the point of absolute value is but that's neither here nor there.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Eh, give it a couple more years. They'll be acting like it's the best Gen. It happened with Gen 5, y'know.
I think Dynamax will retain fans much like all of the previous dropped features, and the wild area as well if they don't continue doing that, but I think the rest of the game is too unpolished or even unfinished for people to be like "it's the best", even after the discourse goes away.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
For the record, I wanted to like Sword and Shield, but I got sick of pretending a game where the world is literally designed as a straight line is well designed.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
There is one thing that I did really like Pokémon Sword & Shield for doing, and that's just how easy it is to swap team members around on a whim. I had a lot of fun switching up my team as the game went on.

Unfortunately it also has the side effect of allowing players to severely overlevel themselves. Perhaps Exp. Candies should have a level cap on them depending on what level your highest level Pokémon is (or how many badges you have) to mitigate that. That way they just remove grinding for the purposes of catchup rather than turning your Pokémon into the most powerful beings on the planet way too quickly.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
To bring things back to Super Smash Bros., I will say that it will be a crime if the next game doesn't have a Galar Pokémon League stage with Gigantamax Pokémon fighting in the background.

OOOOOH! Even better, the stage can have Dynamax Poké Balls appear on the stage, and players can get in them, Dynamax, and have a kaiju battle of their own in the background.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
To bring things back to Super Smash Bros., I will say that it will be a crime if the next game doesn't have a Galar Pokémon League stage with Gigantamax Pokémon fighting in the background.

OOOOOH! Even better, the stage can have Dynamax Poké Balls appear on the stage, and players can get in them, Dynamax, and have a kaiju battle of their own in the background.
Not gonna lie, I'd be lowkey pissed if we got a stage representing the straight line region when there's nothing from Sun and Moon.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I also never understood what the point of absolute value is but that's neither here nor there.
Absolute values are mainly used for distance. Distance can only be negative if you measure it on a flat plan and arbitrarily assign the positive and negative values to either direction, but in reality distance between two points has to be positive (you can't walk negative miles). Absolute numbers allow us to convert theoretical "negative distance" into physical "positive distance" in a mathematically sound way.

This has been your math fact of the day.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
But... Sun and Moon is also a straight line...
Maybe. It's been a while since I played them.
But my experience with them was much more positive because the story and characters were much more appealing. The fact there was very little controversy surrounding them probably also helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom