• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
If Sakurai was going off of concept art we would already have a Gen 8 Pokémon rep.
No I didn't contradict myself.

Maybe we could get a Gen 8 Pokemon rep now because we don't actually know when Gen 8 development started, but It's very plausible that even if he got the concept art for a Gen 8 mon, Sakurai would be too busy working on either other characters or on so many other base game aspects that they couldn't go a Gen 8 mon eariler.

Roy wasn’t based on concept art, he was based on what the developers initially planned to be his character because Sakurai wanted another Fire Emblem character and Leif was too old at that point.
While I accidentally typed art, yes, you're right on that one. Thank you for the correction.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
At the same time, the consolation prizes are years old, and 99.9% of everyone whose gameplay experience would be ruined by the removal of one AT would've moved on to newer games by now.
The fact they brought back those consolation prizes seems to indicate that they're hesitant to include these characters. I could easily be wrong about this, but I seriously doubt they'd sell a pretend version of the character only to reveal that the actual character is also playable in the same game.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
The fact they brought back those consolation prizes seems to indicate that they're hesitant to include these characters. I could easily be wrong about this, but I seriously doubt they'd sell a pretend version of the character only to reveal that the actual character is also playable in the same game.
Yes, Smash Ultimate’s 60$ price tag lives and breathes by Isaac making big magic pushy hands

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The fact they brought back those consolation prizes seems to indicate that they're hesitant to include these characters.
It's not always hesitation. Sakurai considered Alucard first under the assumption he's more recognizable than the Belmonts.
but I seriously doubt they'd sell a pretend version of the character only to reveal that the actual character is also playable in the same game.
Again, the AT is years old and it's mostly people who play without items left. Meaning more people get content ADDED to their gameplay experience. That and the AT is a tiny portion of a $60 game.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
If it was SEGA, who would it be and the music track and stage to come with it.
I think Phantasy Star has a good chance. That said, not entirely sure which character they will pick and if that will affect the stage and music. Like, when it comes to the stage and music, I think a Phantasy Star Onine 2 stage with PSO2's Main theme, "The Whole New World", is the most likely outcome.
And the most likely stage for PSO2 would be "Oracle", the fleet of ARKS ships where the main characters work from, where the Smash characters fight on a platform ship in space that moves around the "Oracle" ships and the ships travel to different planets like Naverius and Lilipa and whatnot.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
It's too bad they've yet to make Zavok a compelling character and instead just burned out the audience with him. His design is really cool and I'd like to see him done well.

-Me and only me
Imagine if Zavok were to become a fighter before anybody else. Considering the Sonic fandom’s feelings for the Deadly Six, I’d imagine he’d make Corrin look as popular as Sephiroth in regards to fan reception. I still think he could be a good character (not in Smash, just generally), they just need someone to write him better.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I think we’re underestimating the fact that the last two Fire Emblem games are unrepresented. We need reps for both the localization of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Tokyo Mirage Session #FE: Encore. Patterns don’t lie, my fellow speculators and there has not and therefore will never be a non-Fire Emblem character in DLC’s finale.
I agree.
And we deserve Celica from FE Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia. I'm still salty we didn't get more Shadows of Valentia music, yes. This game easily has the best presentation and the best dub in the series btw

Daily reminder that Twilight of the Gods > God Shattering Star

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"No hype endings" and "No ATs" are both equally stupid gatekeepery mindsets.

Well yes but they're not selling or even adding any Assist Trophies anyway.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
It's not always hesitation. Sakurai considered Alucard first under the assumption he's more recognizable than the Belmonts.

Again, the AT is years old and it's mostly people who play without items left. Meaning more people get content ADDED to their gameplay experience. That and the AT is a tiny portion of a $60 game.
Well yes but they're not selling or even adding any Assist Trophies anyway.
I was talking about Mii Costumes.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Interesting,he has a similar personality to Bowser or is totally different in that regard?
His entire personality is pretty much "I am evil muahahaha" so he's Bowser without the goofy moments.
Well to be fair, while his behavior is pretty much identical to Bowser's (maybe less goofy), his motivations are quite different.
He's usually not evil for the sake of it, but for revenge instead. He's been used and then betrayed by Eggman, he's been humiliated by Sonic, so he wants to punish all of them. He doesn't care of dominating the world or anything, that's not his main goal, but if he's given a chance he would still do it.

He's still a boring and unoriginal character (along with all his gang) and his design doesn't fit the one of the rest of the series he comes from (he would fit more in a Yooka Laylee game than in Sonic, and his design is even bland for that too), but at least he's not 100% Bowser... maybe 99%, or 98% at best.

Also Zazz is kinda based on Waluigi more or less... imagine getting Zazz in Smash and not Waluigi lol

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I was talking about Mii Costumes.
Well I don't think it's necessarily hesitation to bring back all the third-party DLC Miis and never make them fighters, they just...never happened to be chosen for either FP. It's a weird coincidence for sure, I dunno why, Nintendo just works in mysterious ways. Except for the fact that they would never put a Crashter Chief at the end.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Well I don't think it's necessarily hesitation to bring back all the third-party DLC Miis and never make them fighters, they just...never happened to be chosen for either FP. It's a weird coincidence for sure, I dunno why, Nintendo just works in mysterious ways. Except for the fact that they would never put a Crashter Chief at the end.
I don't follow your logic here at all.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Imagine if Zavok were to become a fighter before anybody else. Considering the Sonic fandom’s feelings for the Deadly Six, I’d imagine he’d make Corrin look as popular as Sephiroth in regards to fan reception. I still think he could be a good character (not in Smash, just generally), they just need someone to write him better.
That and The Deadly Six need to go away for a while before another attempt is made. Same deal as with the Koopalings (though the Koopalings can stay in Super Smash Bros., and Mario Kart if they aren't 23% of the roster).

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's too bad they've yet to make Zavok a compelling character and instead just burned out the audience with him. His design is really cool and I'd like to see him done well.

-Me and only me
The Sonic comic are doing a better job with him at least.
Ladies and gentlemen, the REAL Koei Tecmo rep:

I'm glad to see they're giving this franchise another chance. While not my cup of tea, I always felt bad for it as it's easily the most overlooked of the 90s Monster franchises and has been very quiet in recent years when compared to them. Maybe this could help it get an audience back in the west.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Just like they'd never add another big character after Steve ate up all the budget right? No wait it was Sephiroth that took the budget, or was it Kazuya?:4pacman:
Man, I can't believe Steve/Sephiroth/Kazuya ate up all the budget of the biggest company in Japan. I guess we'll never have another huge third-party in Smash again.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Just like they'd never add another big character after Steve ate up all the budget right? No wait it was Sephiroth that took the budget, or was it Kazuya?:4pacman:
Well obviously since I was wrong about there no longer being a big third party that TOTALLY means CP11 is going to be Master Sora Bandicoot from Fortnite and anyone who disagrees is just a sheltered Nintendrone!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
What would your reaction be in the hypothetical scenario where the last DLC character was as complex as the N64 veterans in terms of gameplay?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well obviously since I was wrong about there no longer being a big third party that TOTALLY means CP11 is going to be Master Sora Bandicoot from Fortnite and anyone who disagrees is just a sheltered Nintendrone!
It's a good thing that I'm not saying whatever projectionist insecure bull**** you just puked out then isn't it

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Ladies and gentlemen, the REAL Koei Tecmo rep:

Wasn’t this made as Playstation’s answer to Pokémon? The irony here is pretty grand if that’s the case.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Is that hard to understand that CP11 could be anyone? For all what we know the character could be a small one or a big one. They could decide and try to finish Ultimate with a big hitter or just go with a shill pick. Or maybe a more neutral choice, who knows.

I'm not gonna tell anyone what they should believe in regards to the last fighter, if you think it's going to be first party, third party, small, big, a literal who or Fortnite Jonesy, that's okay. But at this point we're just making theories or predictions based on our intuition because we have 0 hints about CP11's identity.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
No it's gonna be your mom, she told me herself last night
Sorry for leaking the final character guys, you can all go home now

FreeFox

Smash Lord
They couldn’t put in another SNK character because Terry is basically SNK the character, so that slot isn’t really possible to mirror and Kazuya being from a company that now makes Smash makes sense to take that open spot in pass 2.
Rex was added as a Mii costume because they knew he wouldn’t work as a fighter. Sakurai wouldn’t have said he made the Rex mii fighter so people could pretend he is a fighter in Smash if they were working on putting him in as a fighter in the future(this also means that pass 2 was decided in 2018 and not 2019).
Except that the pattern has been broken. And even if you try to put this as SNK not having anything worth adding (total lies, SNK IPs are great), you have to battle the bigger pattern that hasnt been broken so far. That every smash has ended on a first party.

Have you seen Sakurai presents Pyra and Mythra? Sakurai explicity says he was going to add Rex before issues arose. Mii costume be damned, apparently.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
No it's gonna be your mom, she told me herself last night
Sorry for leaking the final character guys, you can all go home now
Dude he just said the final character can’t be huge

Hmmmm..............

Question is, do we get a villager named Puma or Puma shoes to wear for the villager character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom