• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
In B4 all the Legends Arceus starters evolve into Hisuian variants so y'all think you'll get Decidueye but you're actually getting Hisuian Decidueye ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Ahem... for NOW, until any leaks or whatever suggest otherwise, my Big Bad Burger King Bets for CP11 are:

1. WALUIGI
2. Phoenix Wright
3. A Pokemon/Pokemon Trainer

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
In B4 all the Legends Arceus starters evolve into Hisuian variants so y'all think you'll get Decidueye but you're actually getting Hisuian Decidueye ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Ahem... for NOW, until any leaks or whatever suggest otherwise, my Big Bad Burger King Bets for CP11 are:

1. WALUIGI
2. Phoenix Wright
3. A Pokemon/Pokemon Trainer
Iirc there's a possible tease that the Legends starters will have regional versions, not that it'd get into Smash imo as it's too late but still

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Iirc there's a possible tease that the Legends starters will have regional versions, not that it'd get into Smash imo as it's too late but still
I mean... I don't rule it out, but I too think Legends is too late.

WITH THAT SAID

There are certainly a butt-ton more Pogey Men that COULD be, more still if you wanna get crazy haha.

New Pokemon Snap alone has like... so many Pogey Men, even non starters. Gengar, Kangaskhan, Kecleon, etc

And then you get a late SwSh Pokemon/Trainer like... just have all three SwSh starters in one and have the "gimmick" be that there are three different Gigantamax Final Smashes dependent upon whichever Pokemon is out.

Tatata.png

That's the thing about Pokemon: Even without Legends/BDSP, there will always be a Pokemon SOMETHING to tie into.

Same with Mario... we COULD just have Waluigi tie into Mario Party Superstars and forget the whole "Who's That Pokemon" thing entirely hahaha

Jondolio

Smash Hero
i'd still be getting decidueye so that'd still be cash money
Watch as the final character ends up being Rowlet :p
that would not be so cash money
I mean... I don't rule it out, but I too think Legends is too late.

WITH THAT SAID

There are certainly a butt-ton more Pogey Men that COULD be, more still if you wanna get crazy haha.

New Pokemon Snap alone has like... so many Pogey Men, even non starters. Gengar, Kangaskhan, Kecleon, etc

And then you get a late SwSh Pokemon/Trainer like... just have all three SwSh starters in one and have the "gimmick" be that there are three different Gigantamax Final Smashes dependent upon whichever Pokemon is out.

View attachment 327691

That's the thing about Pokemon: Even without Legends/BDSP, there will always be a Pokemon SOMETHING to tie into.

Same with Mario... we COULD just have Waluigi tie into Mario Party Superstars and forget the whole "Who's That Pokemon" thing entirely hahaha
that would not be cash money at all

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It's possible.
We literally saw Growlithe and Braviary get Hisuian forms and they are not Gen 4 Pokemon.
Yes but they're still native to the region. As in, they were born there; they are Hisuian Pokémon. The Rowlett, Cyndaquill, and Oshawott are specifically not from the Hisui region, but rather, from wherever the professor got them from. Why would they get Hisuian forms if that's not where they're from?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yes but they're still native to the region. As in, they were born there; they are Hisuian Pokémon. The Rowlett, Cyndaquill, and Oshawott are specifically not from the Hisui region, but rather, from wherever the professor got them from. Why would they get Hisuian forms if that's not where they're from?
Hisui is Sinnoh, just in the past. Hisui variants are implied to have gone fully extinct by the future

Gengar84

Smash Hero
There are a ton of Pokémon I’d love to see in Smash but my top 4 are Gengar, Cofagrigus, Golisopod, and Orbeetle. Out of these, I think Gengar is the only one with much of a chance. I’d also love to see Jessie and James from Team Rocket make it into Smash but they might be even less likely.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Hisui is Sinnoh, just in the past. Hisui variants are implied to have gone fully extinct by the future

In B4 WAR THEORY RETURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNS aka WAR completely upended the Pokemon world and countries were completely renamed in the aftermath, like Hisui is now called Sinnoh and such... though Lt Surge still self-identifies as "The Lightning American" even in the aftermath of new world order...

But for real, I wanna see how they'll pull that one off with the variants like... you KNOW they're gonna find some way to ram them into the TV show, they're gonna keep em around SOMEHOW. But... HOW? From a lore-based perspective of course.

Staarih

Smash Master
I know that. The starters still aren't from that region.

On the segment about Professor Laventon it's stated that "He came to the Hisui region along with Pokémon he met in various other regions".
Iirc every Pikachu evolves into Alolan Raichu when in Alola, regardless of origin. Same with Cubone etc. So while the starters are from a different region, they could just find a new evolution when exposed to the environment of Hisui.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Why would they get Hisuian forms if that's not where they're from?
Because they could evolve differently based on how their bodies adapt to the Hisui environment.
They mentioned this when, iirc, describing how the Hisuian forms came to be, and they were showing in-game movements of forms such as Wyrdeer.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'm a big believer in Second Chances theory, but I think people are really jumping the gun by saying "These characters are the only ones who could have been considered previously and still remain as a viable option now". We didn't know about the Minecraft negotiations until after Steve was revealed. FP11 could be someone who has been in development for a while and is just now getting revealed.

There's also a chance that this new character is a Byleth/Corrin-esq promotional character to make sure the roster doesn't age poorly. Alternatively, neither of these theories are true and we get a complete curveball (although I'm still leaning towards either one of the two previously detailed options personally).

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
But for real, I wanna see how they'll pull that one off with the variants like... you KNOW they're gonna find some way to ram them into the TV show, they're gonna keep em around SOMEHOW. But... HOW? From a lore-based perspective of course.
It wouldn't be that hard to explain the variants existing again in the future; the modern Pokemon world has access to technology that can resurrect ancient Pokemon from fossils, so that might also work on bones that aren't quite as ancient.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Iirc every Pikachu evolves into Alolan Raichu when in Alola, regardless of origin. Same with Cubone etc. So while the starters are from a different region, they could just find a new evolution when exposed to the environment of Hisui.
That...doesn't make any sense. If simply existing in a region causes a regional variant than literally every Pokémon should be a regional variant in subsequent games.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
The whole idea that the last characters are historically newer to help the roster age better... Yeah where did that start? If they felt the need to add the characters to make the roster feel fresh and not just because being fresh usually correlates to easy promo in the case of most previous "fresh" additions, then a lot of the time they could absolutely pick better examples. Smash 4 for example, Bayo was ballot so she doesn't count but Corrin was hardly the best "fresh" addition they could have picked, especially as many agree that the roster would have been better with literally anyone else. It's hard to believe this is just because Corrin was "fresh" as much as it was that Corrin was just used as cross promotion and that being the case kind of means they have to be "fresh". I've heard this be applied to BoTW Zelda, and deducting the fact that Sakurai literally said she was only being considered as a redesign for the current Zelda and didn't even think that'd work which shows she's probably a long shot, I doubt 23mil for a series that historically didn't hit those numbers until Botw needs promo, which means this hinges on the whole fresh argument which I think is non-existent, at least without the promo aspect. I've been seeing this idea be spread around a lot. Does anyone know where it started?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
It wouldn't be that hard to explain the variants existing again in the future; the modern Pokemon world has access to technology that can resurrect ancient Pokemon from fossils, so that might also work on bones that aren't quite as ancient.
Perhaps I think WAY too hard about the world of Pokemon but like... that's gotta be like a rogue operation, right? Sorta like the whole Nurse Joy/Officer Jenny/Don George theory where its like "Do they genetically engineer their civil servants?"... we saw them try to clone Amber back into existence during the Mewtwo project with Ambertwo, so they do do human cloning sometimes or at least try, albeit under the radar. There's gotta be a bunch of people in the Pokemon world going "Leave em in their graaaaaaaaaaves! This isn't their worrrrrrrrrrld anymorrrrrrrrrre leave em in the ground!" Like... where does it end? Can't they resurrect their parents or whatever? Family members or whatever? My lord Pokemon could get super dark if they wanted to hahahahahahaha.

Actually... I have not finished Crown Tundra but did they ever explain why prehistoric Pokemon are just kinda milling about in the snow there? That's kinda weird and not sus at all...

Perhaps Celebi just goes on a Time Travel joyride, cranks up "Fox On The Run" and just grabs variants from the past and sprinkles them around the world in the present/future and has a big ole tee hee giggle about the whole thing.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The whole idea that the last characters are historically newer to help the roster age better... Yeah where did that start? If they felt the need to add the characters to make the roster feel fresh and not just because being fresh usually correlates to easy promo in the case of most previous "fresh" additions, then a lot of the time they could absolutely pick better examples. Smash 4 for example, Bayo was ballot so she doesn't count but Corrin was hardly the best "fresh" addition they could have picked, especially as many agree that the roster would have been better with literally anyone else. It's hard to believe this is just because Corrin was "fresh" as much as it was that Corrin was just used as cross promotion and that being the case kind of means they have to be "fresh". I've heard this be applied to BoTW Zelda, and deducting the fact that Sakurai literally said she was only being considered as a redesign for the current Zelda and didn't even think that'd work which shows she's probably a long shot, I doubt 23mil for a series that historically didn't hit those numbers until Botw needs promo, which means this hinges on the whole fresh argument which I think is non-existent, at least without the promo aspect. I've been seeing this idea be spread around a lot. Does anyone know where it started?
It is based off patterns. The problem being is that all the viable newer Nintendo games have been spirited away.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Saw someone post this theory on 4chan. Thoughts. Personally sounds interesting. I like the idea of it.View attachment 327701
"So expect a cartoony platformer...."

You know what that means?

WALUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

WA

HA

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Trevenant

Smash Lord
It is based off patterns. The problem being is that all the viable newer Nintendo games have been spirited away.
Yeah IK, but I thought the idea was that it was just because there was a cross-promo aspect, but then I started hearing people turn it into that they were just "fresh" picks. Like, Corrin was fresh if you will, but if them being fresh was any kind of factor and it wasn't just because they wanted to plug Fates, then I think there were probably lots of choices who certainly could have aged better than Corrin. Obviously, that wasn't the case and Corrin was never picked for some weird fresh agenda as much as it was just a plug, but I still see them being applied to this non-existent theory which was once that plugs were usually saved to the end..

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Perhaps I think WAY too hard about the world of Pokemon but like... that's gotta be like a rogue operation, right? Sorta like the whole Nurse Joy/Officer Jenny/Don George theory where its like "Do they genetically engineer their civil servants?"... we saw them try to clone Amber back into existence during the Mewtwo project with Ambertwo, so they do do human cloning sometimes or at least try, albeit under the radar. There's gotta be a bunch of people in the Pokemon world going "Leave em in their graaaaaaaaaaves! This isn't their worrrrrrrrrrld anymorrrrrrrrrre leave em in the ground!" Like... where does it end? Can't they resurrect their parents or whatever? Family members or whatever? My lord Pokemon could get super dark if they wanted to hahahahahahaha.

Actually... I have not finished Crown Tundra but did they ever explain why prehistoric Pokemon are just kinda milling about in the snow there? That's kinda weird and not sus at all...

Perhaps Celebi just goes on a Time Travel joyride, cranks up "Fox On The Run" and just grabs variants from the past and sprinkles them around the world in the present/future and has a big ole tee hee giggle about the whole thing.
While I’m a bit out of the loop with the deeper parts of Pokemon lore, I always assumed that the fossil resurrection machine (which is often seemingly publicly available for anyone in possession of a fossil to use, so it doesn’t seem like a rogue operation) creates a new Pokemon that’s an approximation of what the old one was based on the shape of the remains, so it doesn’t actually resurrect the individual Pokemon in question. Like, for example, the Galar fossil Pokemon are obviously not what the originals looked like since the fossils you use as input are incorrectly assembled, but, the fossil machine accepts it anyway and does its best.

On a side note, I wonder if a lot of ancient Pokemon that are Rock type now weren’t actually Rock type back in the day, and are only Rock type now due to the fossils having been turned into stone via fossilization, which causes the fossil machine to think they were Rock type.

I’d imagine more fossil Pokemon are wandering around in places like Crown Tundra now simply due to people Releasing them, which causes them to slowly build up a natural population in the modern day. Alternatively, since that’s a cold place, they could’ve been frozen cryogenically by natural causes and then released alive in modern times, since that’s totally how freezing to death works.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Why put thought into this when none went into making it
At least it has some comedic value.

Seriously though, the idea that Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Final Fantasy VII have realistic artstyles is almost certainly going to be the highlight of my day. Adding to the hilarity is that Fatal Fury and its successor series is also super anime; just a much older style of it.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I don't care how many patterns and theories people find, I'm not going to believe a single one of them. They're just coincidences and mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. The second chance/spackle theory is the only one I think is remotely worth considering and I don't even fully believe it was intentional.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
PSA
If you want to get into Kingdom Hearts if you haven't yet, I recommend playing the series in order of release.
  • Kingdom Hearts (2002)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (2004) or its remake, Re:Chain of Memories (2008)
  • Kingdom Hearts II (2006)
  • Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (2009)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (2010)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded (2011)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (2012)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Union X (2013-2021)
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2: A fragmentary passage and Kingdom Hearts X: Back Cover (2017)
  • Kingdom Hearts III (2019) and Kingdom Hearts III: ReMind (2020)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory (2020)
Most of these games are available on a collection called the Kingdom Hearts All-in-One Package, so purchase that, get the ReMind DLC and Melody of Memory, and watch the cutscenes for Union X if you can.

(And yes, I made this just to cope with the fact that Sora may not get in)

Jondolio

Smash Hero
PSA
If you want to get into Kingdom Hearts if you haven't yet, I recommend playing the series in order of release.
  • Kingdom Hearts (2002)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (2004) or its remake, Re:Chain of Memories (2008)
  • Kingdom Hearts II (2006)
  • Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (2009)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (2010)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded (2011)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (2012)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Union X (2013-2021)
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2: A fragmentary passage and Kingdom Hearts X: Back Cover (2017)
  • Kingdom Hearts III (2019) and Kingdom Hearts III: ReMind (2020)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory (2020)
Most of these games are available on a collection called the Kingdom Hearts All-in-One Package, so purchase that, get the ReMind DLC and Melody of Memory, and watch the cutscenes for Union X if you can.

(And yes, I made this just to cope with the fact that Sora may not get in)
My friend showed me out of context clips and it looks hilariously over the top, so I'll give the games a go one day.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
And that's why I believe that Rayman might be the final character from this video. Rayman, including Globox and Barbara, were trophies in Smash 4 modeled by Ubisoft themselves. In Ultimate however, Rayman is the only spirit from his series, excluding the Rabbids from Mario + Rabbids.
And Pyra and Mythra were the only spirits from their game!

Wait, no they weren't!

If the implication is "they held back those spirits for a fighter pack!" Why didn't they for ARMS or Xenoblade 2? At least with FF7 spirits there was a whole mess of legal **** to get through, but they already had the rights of depiction for Rayman characters. They don't "save" content for DLC unless they actually have to.

And even then there was no guarantee FF7 would even get that additional content; it just happened that way.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
While I’m a bit out of the loop with the deeper parts of Pokemon lore, I always assumed that the fossil resurrection machine (which is often seemingly publicly available for anyone in possession of a fossil to use, so it doesn’t seem like a rogue operation) creates a new Pokemon that’s an approximation of what the old one was based on the shape of the remains, so it doesn’t actually resurrect the individual Pokemon in question. Like, for example, the Galar fossil Pokemon are obviously not what the originals looked like since the fossils you use as input are incorrectly assembled, but, the fossil machine accepts it anyway and does its best.

On a side note, I wonder if a lot of ancient Pokemon that are Rock type now weren’t actually Rock type back in the day, and are only Rock type now due to the fossils having been turned into stone via fossilization, which causes the fossil machine to think they were Rock type.

I’d imagine more fossil Pokemon are wandering around in places like Crown Tundra now simply due to people Releasing them, which causes them to slowly build up a natural population in the modern day. Alternatively, since that’s a cold place, they could’ve been frozen cryogenically by natural causes and then released alive in modern times, since that’s totally how freezing to death works.
Hey, Captain America was a popsicle since WWII, the dinosaur Pokemon can do it. Sure, that's totally how it works.

I'd forgotten about how its an APPROXIMATION, like I only just now remembered that apparently MEGA Aerodactyl is more like what Aerodactyl ACTUALLY looked like and the Aerodactyl we know is just an approximation like the Dino Spumoni impersonator not Dino Spumoni himself. "You better not touch my chick, or I'll beat you with a big fat stick"

Still...

You know what? They will NEVER make it because why would they? But I would totally buy like a big coffee table tome of just all the finer points of the Pokemon world like.. what is police protocol like how do they tell the differences between "An explosion that we should assemble a team and investigate" and "Two kids having a Pokemon battle where they headbutted each other and caused an explosion"? Like... what ARE the laws of the Pokemon world? How long are the evil teams going away for? Should Cara Liss be going away for her CARELESS resurrection methods (poor Dracovish can't BREATHE)? Does anyone have some big protest movement against the imperfect resurrection of prehistoric Pokemon into the modern world? Do human athletes competing in human sports ever feel like REALLY useless in a world that has since come to totally revolve around Pokemon? Just how much does the world revolve around Pokemon? Is there much of an audience for boxing these days or is it all Pokemon battles all day every day? Are the Joys and Jennys indeed genetically engineered civil servants? WHERE DO THE BONES AND BURGER IN THE CURRY COME FROM?

I would read the BANANAS out of that book that they would never write.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom