• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, everyone knows Banjo's the pinnacle.
In the eyes of Smash fans, there's only one greater. The Smash messiah. The one in every leak. The hype generator. The origin of "never ever".

:geno:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
And this is how Silver wins. :4pacman: When Silver is on the field, Alfonzo takes his place!

It "could" be his big break, but you're taking a huge gamble hoping he's that last slot. If he is, good for him. If he isn't, then his chances are immediately back to being a terrible furry war.
I'm not. I think if Sonic were getting another fighter, it would have been Fighter 10. Releasing in June around the day of Sonic's 30th Anniversary is just TOO GOOD. I'm not saying its IMPOSSIBLE, like I'm not saying there ABSOLUTELY CANNOT BE a situation where we get a trailer with both Galeem and Dharkon getting nuked and then Eggman gets on a megaphone and goes "HAHAHAHAHAHA I'm the villain NOW!" and joins Smash but... my Sonic Hopes were Sonic Dashed after Fighter 10.

As I said before, my big Burger King bets right now, until leaks or whatever prove otherwise, are:

1. Waluigi
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Pokemon/Pokemon Trainer

I'd LOVE another Sonic fighter... but I think the opportune moment has passed.

I take it you didn't like Sonic Mania then? :troll:
Nope.

Damn bro he didn't do nothing
IMO... he stayed too long. He was cute in Sonic Generations as a 20th Anniversary gimmick... but then he JUST WOULDN'T LEAVE! They figured "They like him! That must mean they want him ALL THE TIME!"... kinda the same thing with the Wisps like yeah they were neat in Sonic Colors since they were the whole gimmick of that game but that doesn't mean we want them ALL THE TIME, especially if they're gonna just be kinda rammed in there. Sonic Forces REALLY did not need Classic Sonic, he alone kinda ruins much of that game. Actually Forces is when we were really pulling Classic Sonic aside and going "Ok, DUDE! We invited you to the 20th anniversary party, that was 5 years ago! GO HOME! We want to hang out with our OTHER friends!"

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Let’s just pause for a moment and think. Think about the potential next Smash. It’s the reveal Direct, Sakurai has gone over the veterans and the first revealed newcomer. We get to the first new Assist Trophy…
And it’s Geno, with Waluigi finally, finally becoming a fighter at the tail end of the presentation. Imagine the salt that would spew forth on that day if it ever comes to pass./ISPOILER]

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Let’s just pause for a moment and think. Think about the potential next Smash. It’s the reveal Direct, Sakurai has gone over the veterans and the first revealed newcomer. We get to the first new Assist Trophy…
And it’s Geno, with Waluigi finally, finally becoming a fighter at the tail end of the presentation. Imagine the salt that would spew forth on that day if it ever comes to pass./ISPOILER]
that's evil af what the hell

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
When Waluigi is present, he will be replaced by Geno.
Geno: "Leave it to me!" procedes to kick people into the ground and then hit them with a tennis racket

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I still am popping off over Dragon Quest being in Smash, that was one of those things where I never thought it was even a possibility beyond the inner machinations of my own fanboy mind and not only that but Solo, the hero of the BEST Dragon Quest, IV! There was NO WAY that would POSSIBLY happen... but then it did... it did... and I couldn't be happier! (well, maybe the symphonic orchestral versions of the music would make me a LITTLE happier but ya know)

Now... can I manifest Seifuku Densetsu Pretty Fighter in Smash? I'll be the ONLY ONE who will enjoy it but still, please? Hahahaha everyone else will be like "WHO?" and I'll be like "Ohhh if only Akihiko Mori could hear his music remixed in Smash hahaha"

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's the sad reality of things, unfortunately. At least Ridley is fun to play.
I for one am still excited as **** about having K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo in the game.
Probably because I got the game like 6 months after release and then fell off speculation until 2 months ago.
Obviously it'd be strange if we kept talking about characters already in, and my post was mostly tongue-in-cheek in that regard, but it's just the fanbase's fate to always keep pushing that boulder up the hill. And forgetting how much it's already been pushed, considering people seem to look at those above characters as not just the first inclusions due to the fanbase, but the most popular characters that have ever been part of speculation. Which they weren't. They were just the ones we had to wait til Ultimate on.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I remember RogersBase going "BRO ITS LIKE THE MARIO RPG COMMERCIAL"
I thought it was silly to assume Geno in the first place just because of it being Mario. The same **** happened with Steve for a good second, too. Unironically. Go ahead, check the Geno thread on his reveal date, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Obviously it'd be strange if we kept talking about characters already in, and my post was mostly tongue-in-cheek in that regard, but it's just the fanbase's fate to always keep pushing that boulder up the hill. And forgetting how much it's already been pushed, considering people seem to look at those above characters as not just the first inclusions due to the fanbase, but the most popular characters that have ever been part of speculation. Which they weren't. They were just the ones we had to wait til Ultimate on.
I can see that, but that makes me wonder: if Isaac and Geno were added, who do you think would be next character that everyone complains isn't in yet?

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I thought it was silly to assume Geno in the first place just because of it being Mario. The same **** happened with Steve for a good second, too. Unironically. Go ahead, check the Geno thread on his reveal date, you'll see what I'm talking about.
OH I know.

I know
I saw people go during his trailer "They're really focusing on Mario!"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Let's not disrespect Ridley, who else twirled Mario's hat with a smug smirk in their trailer?
Sephiroth's take on ****ing up Mario was way better than Ridley's imo. He hit him with the psychological trauma of what he could've done, right after bodying the entire cast.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Sephiroth's take on ****ing up Mario was way better than Ridley's imo. He hit him with the psychological trauma of what he could've done, right after bodying the entire cast.
It's really a matter of physical injury vs psychological injury when it comes to Mario and villain trailers.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
The nice thing about Smash's solid execution of fighters is that even if it has characters that I personally don't care about because I'm not interested in their home series, they still play well. Did I get a lot of my big most wanted in the two passes?

Not really, but I Byleth's moveset means I can enjoy using them even I don't know the first thing about Fire Emblem. If anything I almost lament that sentimental favorites like Diddy or Sonic, whose games I've played a lot still aren't as satisfying to use in Smash as Pyra/Mythra are, despite having as little experience with their game as I have Byleth's.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I can see that, but that makes me wonder: if Isaac and Geno were added, who do you think would be next character that everyone complains isn't in yet?
Waluigi.

After him it'd probably either have to be another longtime character regaining lost popularity, like Skull Kid, Ashley, Krystal or Lyn, or a character from the Smash 4 era like Shantae or Bandana Dee.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Not really. Everyone else is an Assist Trophy or a Mii Costume.
assist don’t deconfirm. If they wanna upgrade an assist they’ll do it. Bomberman got a deluxe mii costume with different alts and spring man was included in both the announcement trailer for arms and the reveal trailer for arms proving that assists can be upgraded and all comes down to what Nintendo and the company with an AT wants.

not to mention sega has other sonic reps that aren’t mii’d or AT’d. Classic sonic, metal sonic, eggman himself

not gonna lie, it would be a typical sega thing if Nintendo told sakurai to bring in a sonic rep and sega demanded shadow or knuckles rather than Someone like metal sonic or classic sonic or eggman

not saying an AT is getting upgraded, especially from sega but the argument that an AT can’t get upgraded is a bit silly. It’s a rule that people came up with and not sakurai nor Nintendo themselves.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Let's not disrespect Ridley, who else twirled Mario's hat with a smug smirk in their trailer?
I think Sephiroth's shot is just has more emphasis on it. Ridley's moment is an establishing shot followed by a neat detail in the transition while Sehpiroth's moment lingers long enough for you to process what just happened, then reveals the joke, then keeps the joke going by having Mario fly off of Sephiroth's sword in the next super cool action scene.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
not gonna lie, it would be a typical sega thing if Nintendo told sakurai to bring in a sonic rep and sega demanded shadow or knuckles rather than Someone like metal sonic or classic sonic or eggman
Them adding Classic Sonic would be some real Young Link/Toon Link bull**** considering Sonic's moveset rn already sucks.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Waluigi.

After him it'd probably either have to be another longtime character regaining lost popularity, like Skull Kid, Ashley, Krystal or Lyn, or a character from the Smash 4 era like Shantae or Bandana Dee.
Damn. I want Geno and Isaac, but we really are hitting the bottom of the barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom