• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Personally, I'd like a Joy Mech Fight remake or something. I love the main character design!!!!
This would be so cool. A 2.5-D Joy Mech Fight could get really crazy. Imagine what ArcSys would do with a roster full of limbless physics-defying robots.
Even if not ArcSytem Works it'd be hard to go wrong with Mega Man, but fighting game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly there's loads of interesting genres the Mega Man franchise could do some fun stuff in.

I've always maintained it's a pity Koei Tecmo & Capcom despise each other as Mega Man Warriors featuring characters from the various iterations is the best game we're probably never going to get.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hmm after all this chaos me being a grouchy old bag about too many 3rd party characters doesn’t seem all that bad anymore 👍
I kind of agree.

I love 3rd party additions but Smash and its love of Nintendo history made me a huge Nintendo nerd so I'm always up for new Nintendo characters and wish there were more.

Min Min and Pyra/Mythra were very exciting to me in FP2 because of it. Min Min especially because she brought a brand new IP with her.

ARMS is dope and so are many other Nintendo franchises without characters. Heck I'd probably dig a Style Savvy character because it's a part of Nintendo history.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Honestly there's loads of interesting genres the Mega Man franchise could do some fun stuff in.

I've always maintained it's a pity Koei Tecmo & Capcom despise each other as Mega Man Warriors featuring characters from the various iterations is the best game we're probably never going to get.
Meanwhile, in an alternate dimension: "We're only adding classic and Mega Man X series characters so that we can add more melee characters, and also Mega Man Zero Zero as a last minute clone of Mega Man X Zero to appease the wider audience."

On the bright side, at least the Mavericks and especially the Robot Masters would be super entertaining due to their sheer chaotic energy.

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Cloud left more of an impact. He was the protagonist of an influential JRPG. Sephiroth was the main villain of that game, but there's no reason he had to be included, it was already represented enough with Cloud. If you're gonna add Sephiroth then why not add Tifa and Barret as fully playable characters too, they are equally "iconic"

Also people really overexaggerate FF7.
This is just my opinion and all, but Sephiroth was my most wanted Square Enix rep after Cloud and I don't even like FF7 that much. He's just such a huuuge gaming figure (at least to my generation).

EDIT: Welp this was from way back. Carry on.

Last edited:

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
Who are y’all’s MWs actually? I know a few given some of your pfps and devious messages and signatures, eg Rie wants Octoling, Theguy wants Layton and Inferno7 wants Shadow
But yea what are y’all’s MWs?
Bit late on this one (curse having offline obligations and errands), but; Waluigi and Kiryu lead the pack for me. Per my signature, they are followed by Hat Kid. If these move towards being fulfilled, I have other characters I'd be interested in seeing, such as Ryo Hazuki of Shenmue and a Civilization rep. For the latter I've imagined an ancient leader with no connection to existing cultures, like Gilgamesh or Tomyris, as I believe anything else would carry too much "baggage" for Nintendo to consider. (so no Gandhi despite him being the franchise's funny meme) Or they could avoid this dilemma altogether by picking the Barbarians instead, a recurring (and annoying) non-playable enemy-of-everyone faction.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Since Sephiroth was mentioned, there is a Hot take I have

Considering that Sakurai and the Dev Team, along with Nintendo added Character like Sephiroth, along with Characters like Ken and Richter in Base roster, there should be no Merital reason why by the end of this, Sonic is still left being the only character from his Franchise

There's been people that have stated that Sakurai has some type of Agenda against Sonic, due to how the Franchise (and Character) is represented in Smash. While I do get the Complaints, I actually don't agree with this, for now at least. While Sakurai idea of representing Sonic isn't the best in my opinion and others, I think he does showcase love of Sonic in Smash

But Considering how Popular and Iconic the Supporting Cast of Sonic is, the fact they've been requested for Years, the relevance of the Sonic Series, and that Sega loves throwing around Sonic Content in Crossovers, if Sonic is still by himself by the end of FP2, Then this is an issue on the part of Sakurai and the Team or Nintendo, and I will think Sakurai has some sort of Agenda against Sonic, at least in terms of getting a 2nd Character, or that in spite of all the Complications, Nintendo really wanted Nahobino to fit the role Byleth did in FP1

I don't think it would be on the part of Sega like I've seen mentioned as to why Shadow didn't get in as an echo as an example

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
There is a Hot take I have

Considering that Sakurai and the Dev Team, along with Nintendo added Character like Sephiroth, along with Characters like Ken and Richter in Base roster, there should be no Merital reason why by the end of this, Sonic is still left being the only character from his Franchise
This is a hot take? I thought it was pretty well agreed we should have another Sonic character by now.

Though, I doubt it would be because of any bias on Sakurai or Nintendos end. It just doesn’t seem to be at the top of their list is all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom