• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Tell me what Sephiroth has appeared in besides Final Fantasy games and KH. I don't even think he's been mentioned in most of the FF games.
That literally doesn't mean anything when the remake came out LAST YEAR. News flash, Sephiroth is in that game and a lot of people played it since it sold like 4 million copies in three days.

Shroob

Sup?
The ONE time that a Smash reveal had an overwhelmingly negative reaction was when they added a Fire Emblem character as the last character in FP2. Yes, one, that was the only time it ever happened. Every other time people were praising every reveal as the best thing to ever happen. Even corrin and Bayonetta didn't have an overwhelmingly negative reaction and I still see people standing up for Byleth and Corrin to this day.

So yes, this fandom will be happy over pretty much anything.
And that one time is enough to debunk your entire point.

Who are you even trying to advocate for?

The silent majority? They probably don't know who MOST of the DLC is, so why single out Sephiroth? Hell, they probably don't even discuss Smash online, at all. Do you think casuals know who the **** Terry, or Hero, or Joker are?

The people online who DO talk about Smash? So we're just going to put words in their mouth? I'm soo glad you're literally god and can tell what people are really thinking, thank you Jesus I pray every night.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Why does that matter? Smash fans already know what Final Fantasy is so Sephiroth only appearing in Final Fantasy stuff wouldn't be a reason as to why people don't know who he is. Furthermore, Kingdom Hearts also has a young demographic, so younger audiences would have been introduced to him that way.
Because that makes him a niche character if he never spread outside of the FF7 fanbase and is basically only known within the bubble of Final Fantasy. I knew who Sephiroth was, but I would say that most people didn't really know who he was.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Hold up guys

As we all know the Smash fanbase is mostly 10 year olds
But Fire Emblem: Three Houses is T-rated
10 year olds can't play Three Houses, so they couldn't know who Byleth was. Were they also pretending to hate him?

This conspiracy goes even deeper
The difference being that Fire Emblem Three House is a recent Nintendo title on switch, a lot of people will know about it just because of that. FF7 is a ps1 game and even though the remake did come out before he was revealed, I still don't think most of Smash's fanbase can identify the FF7 characters.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You know the real reason most peoples don't know who Sephi is?

That's right

BECAUSE HE IS NOT PURPLE.
Edit: I didn't see Ramen message when I posted this I swear.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I agree with part of what you're saying, but you're still acting like the majority of the fandom didn't absolutely pop off over Sephiroth even though they didn't know who he was. I really don't think the majority of people were genuinely excited for him.
If your proof that people don't talk about a character means they don't know who he is, you're going to need better evidence.

You think once he got in, people only then learned who Chun-Li and Eggman were?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I know those takes were stupid, but this is starting to get into bullying territory.

Let's come off it for now.

How bout fish? Any fish characters you want?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I know those takes were stupid, but this is starting to get into bullying territory.

well he's not technically a fish but he's in a game WITH a lot of fish!

I didn't mention Starfy earlier in my MWs because he's already an AT lol

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
You know a character is big if even non-smash players are talking about it with iverwhrlmgi positivvt

My Skylanders nostalgia is flowing through me…

Sir, maybe I introduce you to Gill Grunt?
:094:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Everyone out here be expecting a direct announcement in the first week of September, meanwhile I’m out here praying the direct happens on the 9th and is 30 minutes long so I can pester everyone with the 4chan direct leak and tell everyone how curious village coming to the switch means Layton is the last dlc character lol

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Because that makes him a niche character if he never spread outside of the FF7 fanbase and is basically only known within the bubble of Final Fantasy. I knew who Sephiroth was, but I would say that most people didn't really know who he was.
That only works if the series itself is niche, which Final Fantasy is very much not. Final Fantasy VII in particular is still regarded as an incredibly significant game in gaming history, so if you learn about any of the games in the series, it's likely to be either the current one, or that one. And the fact that it's pretty well integrated into the also massively popular Kingdom Hearts series also means that it's reach does indeed extend beyond its own series by quite a bit (especially since the target audience is Disney fans, who aren't necessarily gamers).

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
To the people stressed out by people spitting vitriol on an internet forum over fictional characters: Go take a break from SmashBoards (or honestly Reddit or Twitter or whatever). When people are given outlets to speak online, they tend not to filter themselves because there really isn't any consequences. I take social media breaks a lot whenever it gets to my head and the term "touch some grass" has meaning to it despite being a meme.

If you are the person spitting vitriol on an internet forum over fictional characters under the guise of "just putting forth your opinion and promoting discussion": touch some grass lmao.

If you want the Among Us Impostor in Smash: You are a godsend among people.

SKX31

Smash Master
Who are y’all’s MWs actually? I know a few given some of your pfps and devious messages and signatures, eg Rie wants Octoling, Theguy wants Layton and Inferno7 wants Shadow
But yea what are y’all’s MWs?
I'm heavily into multiplayer games, and that's a main reason why Dota 2 became one of my favorite games and consequently MW.

Purple "leak" Sunday
Maintenance announced Monday
Just all of today on Tuesday

By god, what'll Wednesday be like.
I'm gonna guess this happens tomorrow:

4pylj9n.png

Something like that might as well happen now that whatever this was... occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom