• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
The thing about Sakurai changing his mind on characters, is that for the most part, its entirely his decision. He can say no to whoever he wants and change his mind whenever he wants. (With a few exceptions like Minecraft and seemingly Tekken)

A Third pass is different, that is up to Nintendo. If there is no Pass 3 currently being planned. Its not just Sakurai who needs to change his mind. Nintendo has to change their own as well.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Idk why people keep taking this guy's bait, it should've been obvious that he's trolling since his very first post is a colossal college essay that goes against Sakurai's own words

Besides, on the off case this guy isn't a troll, its better to just try to educate them on what they are doing wrong rather than just shun them. If they are not a troll, how else will they ever do better?

Dukefire

Smash Master
It will be repeated many times until the Final Character announcement: Who will be the FINAL character?

Don't use patterns, the creator's activities or anything else since the characters present have made them pointless to get an accurate prediction.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
It's only one stage that, due to the background swapping, likely wouldn't work with Stage Morph. Some minor sacrifices will need to be made.
It doesn't make sense to have one stage that doesn't work for Stage morph or 8 player smash when they put in the effort to make all the other stages work.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman

Besides, on the off case this guy isn't a troll, its better to just try to educate them on what they are doing wrong rather than just shun them. If they are not a troll, how else will they ever do better?
Idk, I don't think I have the patience to deal with them, and most of the time they don't read anything and just keep going

Not saying that you shouldn't, but in my case I wouldn't bother

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Raiden's trailer is just Sephiroth's trailer but with Dharkon in Galeem's place.
Seriously though, I could see Raiden bisecting Galleom for his trailer, and Rules of Nature as the trailer soundtrack is probably iconic enough that just about anyone can recognize it.

And random fun fact of the day I just learned today; The guy who composed Metal Gear Rising Revengeance soundtrack also did Toontown Online.
I don't think Rules of Nature is that recognizable, but I don't care, some MG Rising music in Smash would be dope. I'd also like to have more regular Metal Gear Solid music to be honest.

I'm sure Snake would be happy to have some company

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Despite the fact Phoenix has largely become Capcoms generally accepted frontrunner, I think I’ve talked about him less than I used to.

If he does get in, my big hope is that his evidence isn’t random like it is in Marvel vs Capcom, that’d kill a lot of my interest in him gameplay wise.

That, and I hope he gets some alts. Edgeworth and Apollo would be so cool, provided Trucy and the Feys aren’t apart of his moveset in some way.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Anyway, I’m now 100% confident that bonus slot on the eshop IF IT EVEN IS SOMETHING AT ALL will be a three pack of bonus stages that comes with music for each

likely one third party stage maximum (indies count I think)

What would you like to see if this is the case?
Why do so many of the replies to this post want to see three more old stages, instead of some new ones? Is it just me who really dislikes how few new stages were in Ultimate?

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
Despite the fact Phoenix has largely become Capcoms generally accepted frontrunner, I think I’ve talked about him less than I used to.

If he does get in, my big hope is that his evidence isn’t random like it is in Marvel vs Capcom, that’d kill a lot of my interest in him gameplay wise.

That, and I hope he gets some alts. Edgeworth and Apollo would be so cool, provided Trucy and the Feys aren’t apart of his moveset in some way.
They could do it like Pikmin where he gets evidence in a specific order, but I wouldn't mind it being random either. Another thing I would like is if he gets the ability to pocket any item on the field. Would make him really fun in FFAs.

For the alts, I think Edgeworth could work, but I'm doubting Apollo since he's much shorter than the rest. Edgeworth would be funny if he came with Gumshoe in his taunts.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The best part is, if he's wrong, then we're right. But if he's right, that's even BETTER.
1626128459230.png

Praying for no Capcom spirit events... I would at least like the Ace Attorney dream to be alive.
If this makes you feel better, I think this is too soon for any new Spirits of any kind. We just got Kazuya like, two weeks ago.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
With regards to Master Chief, I could see him skipping E3 if, IF, some other circumstances align. Phil Spencer alluded to us learning more in the fall, so I could understand waiting to reveal Chief if we have the MCC coming to Switch in the fall. We could be in for a doozy of a Nintendo Direct, opening with MCC to Switch and closing with Chief's reveal. Additionally, Nintendo may not have wanted to show both characters at E3, whether that be because Covid could have the dev team behind by a little (worth noting Sakurai hadn't recorded Kazuya's "Presents" yet), not wanting to kill speculation on FP2 when we'd be waiting for the final character for a good while anyway, or both. If that final character is Chief and if MCC is coming to Switch, I think the decision to save Chief for later makes sense.

But of course, take this with a grain of salt. We could easily get a different character for CP11. I'm just offering reasons why Chief could still be plausible.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
They could do it like Pikmin where he gets evidence in a specific order, but I wouldn't mind it being random either. Another thing I would like is if he gets the ability to pocket any item on the field. Would make him really fun in FFAs.

For the alts, I think Phoenix and Edgeworth could work, but I'm doubting Apollo since he's much shorter than the rest. Edgeworth would be funny if he came with Gumshoe in his taunts.
Thats fair, I wasn’t descriptive enough. I’m fine with getting useful random evidence. But IIRC some of MVC3s evidence had a good chance to be duds that gave little advantage. If it was more of you getting random evidence that gives different benefits and makes you adapt the way you play, I am A OK with that. Though I do prefer your example of a Pikmin style rotation.

I think Apollo would be fine. Smash has been lax with character heights (Ridley, Enderman, etc.) so I don’t think sizing Apollo up would be too big an issue. Though it would be hilarious if Sakurai says Apollo didn’t make it in because he is literally too short.

I love the idea of Edgeworth coming with Gumshoe, if Edgeworth gets in I’d be a little disappointed if he didn’t come with Gumshoe in some form.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Praying for no Capcom spirit events... I would at least like the Ace Attorney dream to be alive.
While I understand and share your post, I'd rather have something Ace Attorney related in the game than nothing at all. And well, with one fighter left no one is really a likely option. I don't think CP11 being a Capcom character is out of the question but if it isn't Phoenix Wright I think I'd rather for them to do an Ace Attorney spirit event as soon as possible, so we can just accept sooner lol

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I think it'd be kinda neat if Phoenix didn't gather evidence at all. It would be cool to see his Smash moveset be completely different from his MvC one. I understand why people still suggest having the evidence in his Smash moveset, though, as it's otherwise difficult to come up with unique things for him to do. And now I kinda hope he's CP11, just to see how the heck they manage to translate him to Smash.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Other Ace Attorney characters showing up as alternate skins wouldn’t work IMO. Phoenix and co. all have unique animations that are as central to their identity as any other aspect of their visual design.
Closest would be Apollo.

Unfortunately, he has different mechanics than Phoenix, such has having Perceive instead of the Psyche Locks and other stuff like that, so while he'd work animation-wise, a Phoenix moveset just doesn't work at representing him.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Hear me out. Nintendo and Disney work out a deal to allow a character to be used.

Last character is club penguin followed by an announcement that club penguin is being re-opened properly and is now co owned with Nintendo to keep things up to date and fresh.

How you reacting.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Hear me out. Nintendo and Disney work out a deal to allow a character to be used.

Last character is club penguin followed by an announcement that club penguin is being re-opened properly and is now co owned with Nintendo to keep things up to date and fresh.

How you reacting.

Good.
Thank you for giving me an excuse to share this beautiful render I found with you all.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

How you reacting.
Not sure how Nintendo could keep an online only game afloat with its crappy online service, but I wouldn't be mad.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
Closest would be Apollo.

Unfortunately, he has different mechanics than Phoenix, such has having Perceive instead of the Psyche Locks and other stuff like that, so while he'd work animation-wise, a Phoenix moveset just doesn't work at representing him.
I completely forgot Psyche-locks were a thing. Would be cool to incorporate into his moveset somehow.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

How you reacting.
I'd enjoy the childhood nostalgia, but otherwise, I'd just be like "does that mean we have to pay to play Club Penguin?"

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Good.
Thank you for giving me an excuse to share this beautiful render I found with you all.
Love this render. We need to do club penguin justice. Disney ruined a fantastic franchise that had and still does have the potential to be as great as minecraft or mario etc.

Wish someone would buy it off Disney.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
idk how phoenix wright wouldnt be a heavy resource management character like steve
Depends on how the Evidence affects his moveset, how he gets the Evidence, how long the Evidence lasts, etc.

Theres a lot that could be done to differentiate him from Steve’s type of resource management. Mainly with the evidence itself.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Gotta ask the big question. As someone who’s never played any ace attorney games but knows Phoenix Wright has been in a fighting game before, How would he be implemented into smash without ripping off his fighting moveset from the other fighting game he’s been in.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Lets talk most wanted Mii Costumes (normal or deluxe)

I HAVE LITERALLY BEEN ADDICTED TO THIS GAME OVER THE PAST WEEK I WOULD LOVE IT IF ONE OF THEM GOT COSTUMES NINTENDO PLEASE
Indie with music: Gunvolt, Zagreus, the Knight, Kris, Ori
Non indie, no music: Pearl & Marina (assuming they’re not CP11), Monokuma

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
idk how phoenix wright wouldnt be a heavy resource management character like steve
There's not really a lot of resource management in Ace Attorney. You don't really use stuff up in that game. And the gathering-information part is not the part most people remember. So it's kind of odd to me that they chose to rep him that way in MvC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom