• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Imagine if we do get a Ace Attorney character but instead of Phoenix Wright being the main alt it's Ryunosuke to promote The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles like the Luminary with Dragon Quest 11 being the main alt.

I think he would be a cool alt anyways if Phoenix does ever get in.
him, Phoenix, Miles, and Apollo... 4 in 1 ....:yoshimelee::yoshimelee:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
If Phoenix makes it in, I have a few demands as far as costumes come.

-Classic Phoenix
-Hobo Phoenix
-Pink Sweater Phoenix
-3DS era Phoenix
-Furio Tigre Phoenix
-Samurai Phoenix

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Tbh the multiple character alts doesn't sit right with me. Alph should have been a clone with different Pikmin and it already kinda stinks I can't just Bowser Jr. in a funny colour. Hero I guess they're all just blank slates and Steve is even moreso so it works the best for him. Wright doesn't really need alts lol, this reminds me of that "ARMS fighter" thing where the ARMS rep was speculated to be Springman, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara and Min Min.

If anything, he has potential for 4 different alts of himself. His classic suit, his modern suit, his hobo getup and then his pink shirt and mask.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
him, Phoenix, Miles, and Apollo... 4 in 1 ....:yoshimelee::yoshimelee:
I would've just taken different outfits for Nick (hobo, sweater, etc.), but I could see that working. Though I'm not sure if their height differences would make that difficult.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Honestly I don't really like these alt ideas for the good boy Nick as it means he gets to show his own quirks less, especially as I want a taunt where Nick takes out his locket with Trucy, wouldn't really work with alts

Good point

Speaking of Nick, imagine a victory animation where a cup of coffee gets thrown at him right in the middle of him celebrating.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Dante was a character that non-polite and pushy and impatient fans were pushing for non-stop, to the point of pure annoyance.
e.g. "Trash reveal, where's Dante?"
-Non-Polite
-Pushy and impatient
-Implies the ''what the hell is this?'' memes were dead serious rather than for the lols
It doesn't seem like you know a thing or two about the DMC community if this is what you think, making memes has always been their thing and they even poked fun at Dante's mii in their subreddit

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
-Non-Polite
-Pushy and impatient
-Implies the ''what the hell is this?'' memes were dead serious rather than for the lols
It doesn't seem like you know a thing or two about the DMC community if this is what you think, making memes has always been their thing and they even poked fun at Dante's mii in their subreddit
You're right. I don't know everything. Nor do I really care enough to know everything
But I'm just going off what I've seen on Twitter and Youtube. Should've specified that this was more or less my opinion.

If they're joking about it that much, great, eliminate the negativity.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Picture the scene. The last trailer opens up and we see a bunch of heroes at the back down injured with mewtwo and dark pit down at the front with sonic just about getting up getting up.

Sonic gives a stare forward to darkhon who has his eye set on sonic as he’s the only one standing and then prepares to attack.

As the charge is building up sonic clenches his fist as he prepares to fight back but then all of a sudden we see explosions start to happen to darkhons weird tentacle looking arms and darkhon falls. We see in the distance someone hovering up in the sky and then i am all I am starts playing.

Splash screen appears and says “shadow the hedgehog faces the ultimate battle”. He starts to ramble on about how he’s come to claim his position as the ultimate life form as it cuts into game play footage.

Trailer ends with everyone down and shadow speeding off.

How do you react if this was the last reveal and what’s everyone’s dream trailer reveal
Disappointed.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
If they put Kazuya in the next Super Smash Bros. game, I want to put and his son the Jin Kazama as well.
if we're to get another tekken rep, I really hope they go with something more interesting then another Mishima (unless they're an echo). Go crazy, there have to be a ton of really weird and unique tekken characters, go with one of them!

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
You're right. I don't know everything. Nor do I really care enough to know everything
But I'm just going off what I've seen on Twitter and Youtube. Should've specified that this was more or less my opinion.

If they're joking about it that much, great, eliminate the negativity.
Everyone is toxic on Twitter and Youtube comments, so please go use another example

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Never played Tekken, not to knowledgeable on it but how different is Jin from Kazuya being they both have the devil gene?

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Picture the scene. The last trailer opens up and we see a bunch of heroes at the back down injured with mewtwo and dark pit down at the front with sonic just about getting up getting up.

Sonic gives a stare forward to darkhon who has his eye set on sonic as he’s the only one standing and then prepares to attack.

As the charge is building up sonic clenches his fist as he prepares to fight back but then all of a sudden we see explosions start to happen to darkhons weird tentacle looking arms and darkhon falls. We see in the distance someone hovering up in the sky and then i am all I am starts playing.

Splash screen appears and says “shadow the hedgehog faces the ultimate battle”. He starts to ramble on about how he’s come to claim his position as the ultimate life form as it cuts into game play footage.

Trailer ends with everyone down and shadow speeding off.

How do you react if this was the last reveal and what’s everyone’s dream trailer reveal
I'd completely lose it ngl

Shadow is the one character I've been wanting since a decade and a half ago, and I'd never ask for anything ever again if he somehow got in.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Everyone is toxic on Twitter and Youtube comments, so please go use another example
Reddit, I suppose.
Again, don't really care about this whole thing, but yea, I'll go with Reddit.

After that, I got nothing :4pacman: :4pacman:

Also, responding to Theguy123

Shadow would be sick. Love his design, and I DO NOT MIND another edge lord in the game :4pacman: :4pacman:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
if we're to get another tekken rep, I really hope they go with something more interesting then another Mishima (unless they're an echo). Go crazy, there have to be a ton of really weird and unique tekken characters, go with one of them!
We should get Alisa for the head bombs and dual chainsaw arms stance.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Thank you, Todd Howard.
It just works.
I don't know this person. My name is Rod Broward.
By the way I highly support Alduin from
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
as a potential character. Did you know The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is also available on the Nintendo Switch™ (OLED model)? I would love to see how they will make the game work on this new console!

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I don't know this person. My name is Rod Broward.
By the way I highly support Alduin from
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
as a potential character. Did you know The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is also available on the Nintendo Switch™ (OLED model)? I would love to see how they will make the game work on this new console!
I did not! I shall consume your beloved Bethesda products, Mr. Broward, and I look forward to being a Bethesda brand ambassador and selling my soul over to you

MattX20

Smash Hero
During the Smash ballot era, I recall distinctly that both Monster Hunter and Phoenix Wright were by far the most popular Capcom characters in most sites that I visited or people who've voted. I know I've seen Dante get votes at the time, but he was still reeling from the rather poorly received reboot, and Dante's requests got larger after both Bayonetta was added and after DMC5.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Weird but funny idea I just had

A cowboy-type character in smash

Red Dead Redemption, anyone?

McCree, works too

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Everyone is toxic everywhere, lol
Doesn't mean the ratio between toxic and sane people is the same everywhere

Reddit, I suppose.
Again, don't really care about this whole thing, but yea, I'll go with Reddit.

After that, I got nothing :4pacman: :4pacman:
Good
Also, responding to Theguy123

Shadow would be sick. Love his design, and I DO NOT MIND another edge lord in the game :4pacman: :4pacman:
I definitely... wasn't expecting that, but based

You and Sakurai officially share an opinion

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
At the very least in terms of cowboy representation, we got the Wild West Mii Gunner outfits.

Not a full character, sure, but it's honestly one of my fav Mii outfits

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I 100% agree with this post.
And I don't.

The idea that Nintendo would give a slot to a 3rd party character that's still years away from being finalized sounds ridiculous to me.

It's one thing if Nintendo does it to push their own property, it's another for them to do it for some other company. Especially one of such middling popularity as SMT.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Invoking the ballot era when talking about Capcom characters and overlooking the popularity Amaterasu and Viewtiful Joe had is letting their current subdued demand retroactively bleed into an era in which people thought Nintendo relevance was very important.

Raising Phoenix Wright and Monster Hunter without them is half the picture for that time period.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
fighters Pass 3 characters Pretty much guaranteed + ( 50% chance Bonus DLC Rep : Tabuu )

Ahri ( League of Legends ) via Riot Games & Tencent
Nahobino ( SMT 5 ) via Atlus & Sega
Master Chief ( Halo ) via Microsoft
Matoi ( PSO2 ) via Sega
( Paya! w/ Impa Alt? ) / King Rhoam? ( other LOZ Rep? )
Velvet Crowe! / other Tales of Rep?
Lloyd Bannings! From Trails of Cold Steel Via Falcom

Reasons for believing in a fighters Pass 3​

1 As long as there’s an opportunity to make more fighters, Sakurai said he wants to push the record further. 11th Sep 2019
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sakurai-no-way-future-smash-bros-games-will-have-as-many-fighters-as-ultimate/
1.1 This statement to me, does not sound like just 1 more fighter's pass.

2 How many DLC characters was really a decision up to ( Shuntaro Fuwakara Nintendo President as of 2018 ) and the other companies who agreed to give the licensing of their characters to ( Nintendo and Masahiro Sakurai. )
2. 1 Sakurai only gets first right of refusal so, only a Nintendo ( CEO / President / other high level ) can rule out a fighter’s pass 3.

3 Nintendo is trying to grow an official Smash Ultimate competitive scene and therefore likely their client base.
3.1 Nintendo announced a partnership with PlayVS to bring ( SSBU / Splatoon 2 ) e-sports leagues to 3,000 High schools.
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/2021/nintendo-partners-with-playvs-to-bring-competitive-fun-to-high-school-varsity-athletics/

3.2 Nintendo will most likely in 2022 announce another official partnership with PlayVS to bring SSBU e-sports leagues to Colleges.
https://www.ginx.tv/en/smash-ultimate/nintendo-forces-playvs-to-drop-smash-ultimate-collegiate-league

3.3 Super Smash Bros Ultimate frequently draws high volumes of students and is the National Esports Association’s recommended event for gauging student interest in collegiate e-sports. https://www.nea.gg/collegiate-smash-series

4 Sakurai has a history of going back on his words for the fans. ( I.E. going back on no more after fighter’s pass 2 )

What Sakurai said about not including Ridley as a character in Super Smash Bros. 4 is most notable.
"if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer," explained Sakurai. "It’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely. Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to.""Instead of going through a lot of very convoluted hocus-pocus to make Ridley a fighter, I figured it’d be better to keep Ridley as is, the correct way, & have it feel like a truly threatening presence." - Masahiro Sakurai

Shigeru Miyamoto at one time asked Sakurai if Pac-Man could be in Smash, back then Sakurai felt it was too farfetched.

Sakurai also noted Villager & the Miis status’ as being "unsuited for battle" as why they weren't included in SSBB. Rather, they'd be added to SSB.4's roster .

5 Nintendo is trying to redo their ( best year 2017 ) in 2022. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7ffpzyd2JM&t=648s

Next are reasons for final character of Fighters Pass 2 and characters of Fighters pass 3

Final character of Fighters Pass 2 = Ahri

Ahri from League of Legends leaked on 01/30/2020 https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/494471663/#q494471663

https://notagamer.net/wild-rift-available-on-console-and-handheld/ console release estimate 10/2021

There is a League of Legends rep coming to Smash as some LOL games will make it to consoles (TBA).

( “League of Legends; Wild Rift” ) + ( “League of Legends; Ruind King” ) announced no official release date as of 07/01/2021

There is no ( named leak ), I place my bets on image ( Ahri ) related though.

Seiken Densetsu 3 Spirits (or probably the whole Mana series) ( “Trials of Mana” ) ( spirit event happened April 24, 2020 )

Hollow Knight Mii Sword Fighter with Sealed Vessel remix was discussed after San's outfit success & apparently has green light.

Also noteworthy. Nintendo really wants to do well in China’s market & partnered with Tencent to do it
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/12/nintendo_switch_sold_more_than_1_3_million_units_in_china_this_year

Fighters Pass 2 Bonus Rep =

Nahobinho Protagonist of Shin Megami Tensei V is the 1st fighter of FP3. compelling reasons for being 99% certain are …:

1. SMT has been with Nintendo since the NES (Megami Tensei 1 in 1987).

2. SMT V is one of the first ever Switch games revealed with only Dragon Quest XI Switch and LOZ BOTW being announced before the Switch presentation(which had SMT V) & SMT V was huge at E3 2021.

3. SMT V is releasing 11/2021 as an exclusive 3rd party near the same time as a major Pokemon release. This massively increases playable SSBU representation likelihood.

4. No Jack Frost with Joker fighter pack despite JF being the Atlus mascot. JF is better associated w/ SMT.

5. A deal of SMT V being a Nintendo Switch exclusive for getting a bonus character in SSBU is a win-win-win for all parties

Fighters Pass 3

Master Chief
from Halo via Microsoft

1 ( Glitch leaks Projectiles get stuck in characters ) https://twitter.com/Le_Basth/status/1368242856993947651
1.1 Note I do believe the other glitch involving hurt-boxes being ignored was exclusive to programming for Kazuya.

2 Creative Director For Halo ( Frank O’Connor’s ) Tweet @franklez “( Master Chief is not is Smash DLC. )” on 12/23/2018

3 Official Halo Twitter account response on ( 4/2/2019 ) to If you could bring any character in to Smash, who would it be?
a picture of Master Chief holding his helmet https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1113166542881951744

4 Official Halo instagram account shares ( Mario & Halo ) crossover artwork. https://www.instagram.com/p/CNkRuC6gtw2/

5 Official XBox France Tweet @XBoxFR ( A quand le masterchief dans supersmashbros ? ;) )
@XBoxFR response = Il attend toujours son invitation… https://twitter.com/XboxFR/status/1311676187622748165

6 XBox Head Phil Spencer has had multiple interviews as of 07/11/2021 with a Nintendo Switch in the background and it means Microsoft is actually working very well with Nintendo.
6.1 via Co-Founder of http://XboxEra.com Nick "The cat seems to be out of the bag on Nintendo and Xbox. You'll hear more in the fall" https://twitter.com/Shpeshal_Nick/status/1380691678072238080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

7 I think Master Chief will be a Game Awards announcement. Honestly He an Ahri are the only two I can think of who are the most deserving.

Matoi via Sega w/ PSO2 Leaked on 01/23/2021 https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/541591126/#q541596708

Smash: A fighter from Sega's Phantasy Star series is planned, seemingly being PSO2's Matoi.

2021 will have a bunch of anniversaries. No particular reveal order, and some might be early 2022.

Grezzo = Zelda title 2021. Ninja Gaiden Sigma trilogy is coming to switch very soon. Dark Souls 2 is getting ported to Switch.

Notes; PSO2 New Genesis Cloud a cloud version released June 9th 2021 for Switch & PS4 in Japan
Feb 2021 Sega Financial Results https://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/202103_3q_presentation_20210212_e.pdf

https://www.luro.io/articles/ubitus-provides-sega-the-tech-needed-to-run-phantasy-star-online-2-new-genesis-in-the-cloud/

https://www.gamepressure.com/editorials/phantasy-star-online-2-new-genesis-would-be-great-if-there-was-c/z944a

Paya from Legend of Zelda; BOTW + the sequel

1 In SSBU it is highly unlikely Nintendo will skip hyping / marketing their most important release of 2022.

2 Xander Mobus Announcer for SSBU specifically said in the list of names he read off, was a bunch of fruit.
2.1 please someone find me the link for above

Velvet Crowe from (“Tales of Berseria”) via Bandai Namco

1 ( “Tales of” ) is a huge franchise in Japan and has not gotten much Switch representation yet as of July 2021.

2 Bandai Namco helped develop SSBU

( 3 Tales of Games will be announced for Nintendo Switch Summer 2022 )

4 A purloined name to be read off by the announcer; would be Velvet.
4.1 similar to how Xander Mobus did not know ( Cloud from FF7 ) would be in SSB4 https://twitter.com/XanderMobusVO/status/664984767591411712

5 She would also have unique gameplay mechanics.

6 Tales of Berseria would be a smooth ( development wise ) port to Switch. Originally PS3

7 ( Tales of Berseria released 2016 ) ( Tales of Zestiria released 2015 ) ( Tales of Xillia 1 & 2 released 2011 & 2012 )

Lloyd Bannings? via Falcom & NIS Leaked on 06/20/2020 https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/513418360/

( Trails to Zero ) releases fall 2022 and ( Trails to Azure ) releases 2023 ( Trails Into Reverie ) releases 2023
( Trails of Cold Steel 3 ) released June 30 2020 & ( Trails of Cold Steel 4 ) released April 9 2021

Extremely high probabilities

Bayonetta 3 rep = dependent on whether or not Bayonetta 3 is planned for release with playable fighter

Ryza = dependent on whether or not Atelier 3 planned to be released along side Ryza
note Koei Tecmo participated in development and does not yet have their own playable fighter

Also note I put in LLOYD BANNINGS from Trails of Cold Steel NOT Lloyd Irving
holy **** people actually think there will be a third pass?

i thought it was a joke

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
fighters Pass 3 characters Pretty much guaranteed + ( 50% chance Bonus DLC Rep : Tabuu )

Matoi ( PSO2 ) via Sega

1 As long as there’s an opportunity to make more fighters, Sakurai said he wants to push the record further. 11th Sep 2019
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sakurai-no-way-future-smash-bros-games-will-have-as-many-fighters-as-ultimate/

2 How many DLC characters was really a decision up to ( Shuntaro Fuwakara Nintendo President as of 2018 ) and the other companies who agreed to give the licensing of their characters to ( Nintendo and Masahiro Sakurai. )
2. 1 Sakurai only gets first right of refusal so, only a Nintendo ( CEO / President / other high level ) can rule out a fighter’s pass 3.

3 Nintendo is trying to grow an official Smash Ultimate competitive scene and therefore likely their client base.
3.1 Nintendo announced a partnership with PlayVS to bring ( SSBU / Splatoon 2 ) e-sports leagues to 3,000 High schools.
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/2021/nintendo-partners-with-playvs-to-bring-competitive-fun-to-high-school-varsity-athletics/

3.2 Nintendo will most likely in 2022 announce another official partnership with PlayVS to bring SSBU e-sports leagues to Colleges.
https://www.ginx.tv/en/smash-ultimate/nintendo-forces-playvs-to-drop-smash-ultimate-collegiate-league

3.3 Super Smash Bros Ultimate frequently draws high volumes of students and is the National Esports Association’s recommended event for gauging student interest in collegiate e-sports. https://www.nea.gg/collegiate-smash-series

4 Sakurai has a history of going back on his words for the fans. ( I.E. going back on no more after fighter’s pass 2 )

What Sakurai said about not including Ridley as a character in Super Smash Bros. 4 is most notable.
"if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer," explained Sakurai. "It’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely. Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to.""Instead of going through a lot of very convoluted hocus-pocus to make Ridley a fighter, I figured it’d be better to keep Ridley as is, the correct way, & have it feel like a truly threatening presence." - Masahiro Sakurai

Shigeru Miyamoto at one time asked Sakurai if Pac-Man could be in Smash, back then Sakurai felt it was too farfetched.

Sakurai also noted Villager & the Miis status’ as being "unsuited for battle" as why they weren't included in SSBB. Rather, they'd be added to SSB.4's roster .

5 Nintendo is trying to redo their ( best year 2017 ) in 2022. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7ffpzyd2JM&t=648s

Next are reasons for final character of Fighters Pass 2 and characters of Fighters pass 3

Ahri from League of Legends leaked on 01/30/2020 https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/494471663/#q494471663

https://notagamer.net/wild-rift-available-on-console-and-handheld/ console release estimate 10/2021

There is a League of Legends rep coming to Smash as some LOL games will make it to consoles (TBA).

( “League of Legends; Wild Rift” ) + ( “League of Legends; Ruind King” ) announced no official release date as of 07/01/2021

Seiken Densetsu 3 Spirits (or probably the whole Mana series) ( “Trials of Mana” ) ( spirit event happened April 24, 2020 )

Hollow Knight Mii Sword Fighter with Sealed Vessel remix was discussed after San's outfit success & apparently has green light.

Also noteworthy. Nintendo really wants to do well in China’s market & partnered with Tencent to do it
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/12/nintendo_switch_sold_more_than_1_3_million_units_in_china_this_year

Nahobinho Protagonist of Shin Megami Tensei V is the 1st fighter of FP3. compelling reasons for being 99% certain are …:

2. SMT V is one of the first ever Switch games revealed with only Dragon Quest XI Switch and LOZ BOTW being announced before the Switch presentation(which had SMT V) & SMT V was huge at E3 2021.

3. SMT V is releasing 11/2021 as an exclusive 3rd party near the same time as a major Pokemon release. This massively increases playable SSBU representation likelihood.

4. No Jack Frost with Joker fighter pack despite JF being the Atlus mascot. JF is better associated w/ SMT.

5. A deal of SMT V being a Nintendo Switch exclusive for getting a bonus character in SSBU is a win-win-win for all parties

Fighters Pass 3

Master Chief
from Halo via Microsoft

1 ( Glitch leaks Projectiles get stuck in characters ) https://twitter.com/Le_Basth/status/1368242856993947651
1.1 Note I do believe the other glitch involving hurt-boxes being ignored was exclusive to programming for Kazuya.

2 Creative Director For Halo ( Frank O’Connor’s ) Tweet @franklez “( Master Chief is not is Smash DLC. )” on 12/23/2018

3 Official Halo Twitter account response on ( 4/2/2019 ) to If you could bring any character in to Smash, who would it be?
a picture of Master Chief holding his helmet https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1113166542881951744

4 Official Halo instagram account shares ( Mario & Halo ) crossover artwork. https://www.instagram.com/p/CNkRuC6gtw2/

5 Official XBox France Tweet @XBoxFR ( A quand le masterchief dans supersmashbros ? ;) )
@XBoxFR response = Il attend toujours son invitation… https://twitter.com/XboxFR/status/1311676187622748165

6 XBox Head Phil Spencer has had multiple interviews as of 07/11/2021 with a Nintendo Switch in the background and it means Microsoft is actually working very well with Nintendo.
6.1 via Co-Founder of http://XboxEra.com Nick "The cat seems to be out of the bag on Nintendo and Xbox. You'll hear more in the fall" https://twitter.com/Shpeshal_Nick/status/1380691678072238080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

7 I think Master Chief will be a Game Awards announcement. Honestly He an Ahri are the only two I can think of who are the most deserving.

Matoi via Sega w/ PSO2 Leaked on 01/23/2021 https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/541591126/#q541596708

Smash: A fighter from Sega's Phantasy Star series is planned, seemingly being PSO2's Matoi.

2021 will have a bunch of anniversaries. No particular reveal order, and some might be early 2022.

Grezzo = Zelda title 2021. Ninja Gaiden Sigma trilogy is coming to switch very soon. Dark Souls 2 is getting ported to Switch.

Notes; PSO2 New Genesis Cloud a cloud version released June 9th 2021 for Switch & PS4 in Japan
Feb 2021 Sega Financial Results https://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/202103_3q_presentation_20210212_e.pdf

https://www.luro.io/articles/ubitus-provides-sega-the-tech-needed-to-run-phantasy-star-online-2-new-genesis-in-the-cloud/

https://www.gamepressure.com/editorials/phantasy-star-online-2-new-genesis-would-be-great-if-there-was-c/z944a

1 In SSBU it is highly unlikely Nintendo will skip hyping / marketing their most important release of 2022.

2 Xander Mobus Announcer for SSBU specifically said in the list of names he read off, was a bunch of fruit.

1 ( “Tales of” ) is a huge franchise in Japan and has not gotten much Switch representation yet as of July 2021.

4.1 similar to how Xander Mobus did not know ( Cloud from FF7 ) would be in SSB4 https://twitter.com/XanderMobusVO/status/664984767591411712

6 Tales of Berseria would be a smooth ( development wise ) port to Switch. Originally PS3

7 ( Tales of Berseria released 2016 ) ( Tales of Zestiria released 2015 ) ( Tales of Xillia 1 & 2 released 2011 & 2012 )

Lloyd Bannings? via Falcom & NIS Leaked on 06/20/2020 https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/513418360/

( Trails to Zero ) releases fall 2022 and ( Trails to Azure ) releases 2023 ( Trails Into Reverie ) releases 2023
( Trails of Cold Steel 3 ) released June 30 2020 & ( Trails of Cold Steel 4 ) released April 9 2021

Bayonetta 3 rep = dependent on whether or not Bayonetta 3 is planned for release with playable fighter

Ryza = dependent on whether or not Atelier 3 planned to be released along side Ryza
note Koei Tecmo participated in development and does not yet have their own playable fighter

I uh

Is this a leak or something? It’s awfully long

and trust me a lot of us WANT a third pass, me included, but that doesn’t mean it’ll happen. I’ve accepted CP11 is the last unless Sakurai says otherwise

I guess I COULD see a LoL rep as CP11 though. Not feeling Nahobino myself

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

Matoi ( PSO2 ) via Sega

Fighters Pass 3

Master Chief
from Halo via Microsoft

Ya know
I respect the heck out of you for writing this much, with that being only your SECOND post ever on SmashBoards.

Though, I must agree with many others: I personally think CP11 is it, unless Sakurai officially confirms SOMETHING ELSE otherwise.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Invoking the ballot era when talking about Capcom characters and overlooking the popularity Amaterasu and Viewtiful Joe had is letting their current subdued demand retroactively bleed into an era in which people thought Nintendo relevance was very important.

Raising Phoenix Wright and Monster Hunter without them is half the picture for that time period.
I dunno man...those characters' Nintendo relevancy was way back in the Gamecube era. The Ballot was...considerably later than that.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord

Matoi ( PSO2 ) via Sega

Fighters Pass 3

Master Chief
from Halo via Microsoft

Wow, I really don't like to be mean, but uh... this is kinda... the worst take I've seen in my time speculating. Sakurai has directly stated multiple times that CP11 is it. I wish there was going to be an FP3, but there's not. At best, only one of those characters is getting in at this point.

7NATOR

Smash Master

Matoi ( PSO2 ) via Sega

Fighters Pass 3

Master Chief
from Halo via Microsoft

You put alot of effort into this, Loving it

What I will say though is a Couple of things

-In terms of Sakurai going back at his word, he has done that but not in such a short timespan. When Sakurai declined those characters, he meant it for the current game being worked on (which was Brawl for Majority of the characters, and Ridley for Smash 4 also.) He reconsidered the ideas years later for New games

Him saying CP11 is final character of Smash Ultimate, even now doesn't bring much hope in FP3. Sakurai and Nintendo might likely communicate about potential FP3

I guess the best argument you could say is that maybe Nintendo would decide to do FP3 without the Guidance of Sakurai and the Developers, as that was what was done when DLC was greenlit around Janauary of 2018

-Some of the Arguementive points aren't the best, as alot rely on rumors and such, each with varying levels of crediablity.

One thing I will say is that Projectile glitch you mentioned for Chief was actually disproven. It's been in the game since launch

The leak surrounding Matoi also listed Ryu as a fighter, yet he's not listed as among FP2 or FP3 in your list

I wouldn't look to much to Xander saying alot of fruit names for Paya. The Fruit was likely just to make sure he doesn't read too much into the names

Why Lloyd Bannings? I thought Rean was the main character, and also most popular Falcom character, or one of them

And I wish to hear explantion on why you think Tabuu could be bonus. yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom