• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The CSS won't make a perfect square, the stage selection screen won't make a perfect square, the music screen won't make a perfect square.

The screen for the character voices is somehow different? Making a perfect square is something they've been carefully planning for the past two years or so?

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
I got a question about spirit events (that introduce brand new spirits): Will Smash ever introduce new spirits for non-promotional reasons?

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Possible but it’s rare. I definitely don’t think the Lotus (Warframe) spirit was for promotional reasons that’s for sure
I wish I could find where I read it, but what I read was that Sakurai was a huge fan of the game..
Maybe his personal bias helped him out in making the crossover possible?

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Three Heroes? Okay let's check both fighter passes and see who is a Hero or Villain.

:ultjoker: = Hero (Saves the world from a god and changes the hearts of corrupt megalomaniacs)
:ulthero: = Not sure about him though his name probably does give some kind of hint.
:ultbanjokazooie: = Heroes (Saves his sister from a Witch and stops the same witch from stealing everyone's life energy)
:ult_terry: = Hero (Beats up bad guys like Geese Howard and has no patience for people who are cruel to others)
:ultbyleth: = Hero (Does the same thing as any other Fire Emblem protagonist)
:ultminmin = Kind of? (She can beat up bad guys but not for justice but because they're in the way of getting the championship belt)
:ultsteve: = Villain (Killing the Ender Dragon is the only true objective in Minecraft but because it has no motive to destroy the world and minds it's own business, Killing it is a random act of violence. Sure you can save villagers but that's not required to beat the game.)
:ultalex: = Villain (Same as Steve)
:ultzombie: = Villain (Wants to kill innocent villagers)
:ultenderman: = Passive (Only bothers people who aggravate it)
:ultsephiroth: = Villain (Killed innocent people with the Nilbelm Incident and has Supernova which is shown to destroy the world)
:ultpyra: = Hero (Goes on a journey with Rex to save the world)
:ultmythra: = Hero (Same as Pyra)
:ultkazuya: = Villain (Since Tekken 2, He made the Mishima Zaibatsu into a more ruthless criminal organisation with crimes including kidnapping, extorting money from other companies, smuggling exotic animals, etc.)
The part with Steve is a bit iffy, since the Advancement you get for killing the Ender Dragon is “Free the End,” impying that it was a local threat. How it is a threat is never explained, but, since it is capable of breaking some blocks used in End Cities such as purpur blocks just by flying through them, it may have at least prevented anyone from building stuff other than the obsidian pillars on the central island.

Then again, Steve is perfectly okay with resummoning the Ender Dragon himself, just to either slay it again or let it continue to rampage. Not required for completion, but it’s useful for things like harvesting Dragon’s Breath to make lingering potions with, and slaying it again also summons more portals leading to the outer area of the End.

Really though, everything Steve does is ultimately self-serving and not “heroic,” at least in single player. I guess that makes him potentially an antihero of sorts? I dunno…

(Minecraft Dungeons also exists, where Steve and Alex are obviously heroes by helping to defeat the Arch-Illager and destroy the Orb of Dominance. However, they are not among the four “canon” heroes in that game, even though they are playable.)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The part with Steve is a bit iffy, since the Advancement you get for killing the Ender Dragon is “Free the End,” impying that it was a local threat. How it is a threat is never explained, but, since it is capable of breaking some blocks used in End Cities such as purpur blocks just by flying through them, it may have at least prevented anyone from building stuff other than the obsidian pillars on the central island.
It's also worth noting that the Endermen's eye color changed from green to purple when she was added, implying some sort of mind control. Though this color does persist without the Ender Dragon, so it's not that concrete.

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Three Heroes? Okay let's check both fighter passes and see who is a Hero or Villain.

:ultjoker: = Hero (Saves the world from a god and changes the hearts of corrupt megalomaniacs)
:ulthero: = Not sure about him though his name probably does give some kind of hint.
:ultbanjokazooie: = Heroes (Saves his sister from a Witch and stops the same witch from stealing everyone's life energy)
:ult_terry: = Hero (Beats up bad guys like Geese Howard and has no patience for people who are cruel to others)
:ultbyleth: = Hero (Does the same thing as any other Fire Emblem protagonist)
:ultminmin = Kind of? (She can beat up bad guys but not for justice but because they're in the way of getting the championship belt)
:ultsteve: = Villain (Killing the Ender Dragon is the only true objective in Minecraft but because it has no motive to destroy the world and minds it's own business, Killing it is a random act of violence. Sure you can save villagers but that's not required to beat the game.)
:ultalex: = Villain (Same as Steve)
:ultzombie: = Villain (Wants to kill innocent villagers)
:ultenderman: = Passive (Only bothers people who aggravate it)
:ultsephiroth: = Villain (Killed innocent people with the Nilbelm Incident and has Supernova which is shown to destroy the world)
:ultpyra: = Hero (Goes on a journey with Rex to save the world)
:ultmythra: = Hero (Same as Pyra)
:ultkazuya: = Villain (Since Tekken 2, He made the Mishima Zaibatsu into a more ruthless criminal organisation with crimes including kidnapping, extorting money from other companies, smuggling exotic animals, etc.)
Since the advancement for killing the Ender Dragon is called "Free the End", Steve and Alex are heroes

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Found this. Take it as a grain of salt.

I tried to find the post but it was deleted. So it could be archived

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Then again, Steve is perfectly okay with resummoning the Ender Dragon himself, just to either slay it again or let it continue to rampage. Not required for completion, but it’s useful for things like harvesting Dragon’s Breath to make lingering potions with, and slaying it again also summons more portals leading to the outer area of the End.

Really though, everything Steve does is ultimately self-serving and not “heroic,” at least in single player. I guess that makes him potentially an antihero of sorts? I dunno…

(Minecraft Dungeons also exists, where Steve and Alex are obviously heroes by helping to defeat the Arch-Illager and destroy the Orb of Dominance. However, they are not among the four “canon” heroes in that game, even though they are playable.)
Since the advancement for killing the Ender Dragon is called "Free the End", Steve and Alex are heroes
But there are no friendly mobs in the end so who's to say the Ender Dragon wasn't just protecting the portal from misuse?

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Might as well throw the whole Ultimate newcomer cast

Heroes: :ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultisabelle::ultken::ultjoker::ulthero::ulthero2::ulthero3::ulthero4::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultbyleth::ultpyra::ultmythra:

Villains::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultpiranha::ultzombie::ultsephiroth::ultkazuya:

Neutral::ultminmin:ultsteve::ultalex::ultenderman:

Unknown: :ultincineroar:

Incineroar is a dark type and described as the "heel pokemon" but i dont think it's evil. Incineroar might lean towards whatever their trainer is.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

Woah
A leak we can talk about!

Send it to PapaGenos if you haven't already! If you want to though haha

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord

Was this made before the ARMS reveal? This seems sus that nobody has picked up on it getting things consistently right until now. Fake.

Faso115

Smash Lord

"Last minute switch up". Yeah, right.

The narrative of Activision being hard to work with is pure horsepoop. They are greedy and a huge plague on the gaming industry but i doubt they will deliberately switch a character last minute because "oh yeah, this company is the worst". i'll believe it when i see it.

Goombaic

Smash Ace

Real convenient the only one without details is the one that hasn't come out yet.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman

If there's no links or something of the like I call bs, stuff like that can be easily photoshopped (which is what I'm leaning towards)
If there is one, it's probably legit
no in-between

Edit: nvm it's fake af since there are no details about the last fighter, also LOL at a bonus character, we've been told time and time again CP11 is the last

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

This seems extremely suspect. I think if a leaker had got this much right, someone would have picked this up right after Steve. It didn't take too long for people to find the 4chan leak that called Piranha Plant after that fact, for example.

Plus the fact that they claim to know this much detail about how negotiations went, which is not how 90% of leaks went down in the past.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I mean
The "leaker" wouldn't want to get "caught".. that could be why there is no "link"
Understand I put quotation marks because this could be fake.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I think i watched too much true crime but every time someone elaborates a LOT of things with pretty exact details and the such, it's usually a lie.

I think most leaks that were true and didn't come with proof like a picture tend to be just short "this character" texts. That's it really, Vergeben didn't beat around the bush like this when his info was legit.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

I'll find it if it exists.

EDIT: Post does not exist, but here's a link to an archive if it did
https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/631924986

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
If there's no links or something of the like I call bs, stuff like that can be easily photoshopped (which is what I'm leaning towards)
If there is one, it's probably legit
no in-between

Edit: nvm it's fake af since there are no details about the last fighter, also LOL at a bonus character, we've been told time and time again CP11 is the last
I could not find a link to that 4Chan topic. It must be fake.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I think i watched too much true crime but every time someone elaborates a LOT of things with pretty exact details and the such, it's usually a lie.

I think most leaks that were true and didn't come with proof like a picture tend to be just short "this character" texts. That's it really, Vergeben didn't beat around the bush like this when his info was legit.
It's always a giveaway. If a post reads like they got their information directly from a Nintendo executive, it's obviously fake.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
So if the link exists, do we panic?
:4pacman: :4pacman:
You panic if you don't like Yuri and Waluigi, you celebrate if you do.

But it looks fake with all the evidence users have brought up so far, so doesn't really matter much. Especially since Sakurai literally stated nothing was after CP11 so bonus fighter is pretty unlikely unless he was outright lying.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Honestly, this feels like Byleth again.
I was never on SmashBoards during the era of Challenger Pack 5 speculation, but I've personally never seen any Byleth "leaks"

Can't wait for CP11 to be a non-frontrunner character lmao

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I just ate some ramen man, I dont need more salt in my body

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
So if the link exists, do we panic?
:4pacman: :4pacman:
As the other comment said, it seems awfully convenient that he didn't give any details on Yuri, so I still call bs
Even if it was legit it's very possible that the dude is trolling and playing with people's hype. The fact he also used the ''Activision bad'' circlejerk seems like a huge red flag, Crash could be pricey but that's it, everyone (but maybe Sony for obvious reasons) would want their characters in Smash. PSASBR most likely couldn't get him due to budget issues (and there's plenty to show this since that game was a shill-fest).

Twilord

Smash Ace
Smash Ultimate can't really be Ultimate if it doesn't have a character from the current decade, so...

Let's ****ing he hooo

Hmm... so you're saying Pulsemon, since Bandai Namco have been pushing them pretty hard lately.

Also, that is a very pretty and completely unrelated GIF you have there.

We aren't getting a Digimon at this point but I can still dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom