• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Y'know, for a series about murderous animatronics, FNaF has a lot to offer when it comes to Smash, huh?
I think so. The series also fits right in with its really goofy sense of humor, making it easier to strike the balance between "spooky because horror game" and "not too spooky because E10+ game".

Cool moveset. Freddy's someone I'd really love and want in the Smash roster. ^^

Also, if that happens, would Scott add any hidden FNAF lore to Smash?
Thank you!

Knowing him I'd say probably.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
My Nintendo rep prediction is Elma from Xenoblade X. Xenoblade X doesn't have music in the game and you know what other fighters as of recently came with content that was suspiciously missing from base game? Byleth, Min Min, and Sephiroth.

- Byleth brought Three Houses content.

- Min Min brought Arms music.

- Sephiroth brought more Final Fantasy Spirits and music outside of Cloud's and two tracks.

The content in these Challenger Packs all being suspiciously missing content that would seem like it have been in the base game. Xenoblade X music isn't in the game, so this could be a sign for Elma being in this Pass if we have anything to go off of with the recent fighters.
I really REALLY don’t know how we didn’t get Xeno X music in base game. That soundtrack is full of the weirdest bops. And I love that game. So, yeah I’m down for Elma.
I always asumed thats is cause sawano is kinda a big fish in the industry and very llikely he own the right to those songs... or at least wouldn't be as easy as just putting another mario track licensing wise.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I always asumed thats is cause sawano is kinda a big fish in the industry and very llikely he own the right to those songs... or at least wouldn't be as easy as just putting another mario track licensing wise.
We got two X songs in XC2’s expansion pass (Uncontrollable and Wir Fliegen) so

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
THE RIDE STARTS AGAIN!!!!

As I recall though the website Updating doesn't guarantee anything but I think it is definitely 👀 worthy
Even if we don't get any Smash news in a future direct, I hope we receive some news on upcoming products.

The 3D World Switch edition releases next month and we know basically nothing about Bowser's Fury.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You know, some people claim Ryu Hayabusa is the last NES All Star MIA from the roster. But most people in this community forget about Bill Rizer/Lance Bean from Contra, Arthur from Ghost 'N Goblins, Jimmy Lee/Billy Lee from Double Dragon, and Rash, Zitz, and Pimple from Battletoads. It's surreal these iconic characters don't have a big or notable support base in the Smash community with how big their games were on the NES. Literally, these guys along with Ryu Hayabusa are the last remaining big NES All Stars.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I really hope that if Soul Calibur gets representation that we don't get Nightmare. I know he's the poster boy of the franchise and all but I completely refuse to buy another big guy with an over-sized sword. Sophitia would definitely be welcome. I'd also go for Ivy or Taki. Ivy's whip sword could be cool and still unique from Byleth's and Taki could fill the pseudo-realistic ninja slot whether Ryu H ends up happening or not.
The last time we got a big guy with a big sword was when they gave DORIYAH to Ganondorf.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Smash newcomers are always hard to predict. Somethimes they're very obvious, but sometimes very obscure choices are made. I've been trying to avoid predictions since they're so boring, but that Chun-Leak is easily the safest leak out there to speculate something out of it. I'm not implying the leak's real, but it makes most sense than most leaks until now, due to all the detais and moment it was revealed. My most safe prediction is this and i'm going to explain why:

View attachment 298316

Since the second fighter pass in following a pattern of reuse characters and assets which couldn't be added in the base game, it'd be obvious to add some of rumoured stuff here. Chun-Li and Lloyd/Yuri are the safest pick out there according to the leak, while Cinderace is the most likely choice for a gen 8 Pokémon. Chun-Li was rumoured to be in the base game, then was replaced by Ken. Lloyd/Yuti were also rumoured to be present in the game somehow. As for Cinderace, it's safe to assume a gen 8 Pokémon in coming, whenever you want it or not, and yes, is also safe to assume there'll be another Nintendo character in this pass. Let's remind that the fighters from pass 2 were decided at late 2018. Pokémon Sword and Shield were being developed at that time and Sakurai probably received some gen 8 Pokémon concepts to adapt to a fighter. Little reminder: Greninja wasn't even revealed to the public when Sakurai received his concept art from Game Freak to work him as a fighter in smash 4, so the same could happen here. And don't lie to yourself, you know Nintendo/Game Freak WILL push a gen 8 Pokémon to this fighter pass. God knows when another smash title will be released and it'd be a great opportunity for them to them bring a new 'mon to the roster as DLC.

Also, this line up would follow another rumoured pattern: all season 2 characters would come from companies already existing in smash: Microsoft, Squenix, Bamco and Capcom.

Happy or not, this is by far the most reasonable fighter pass 2 prediction you're going to see out there.
Something I'd like to point out is that going off of the leak, Chun-Li is closer to Alucard or Decidueye than Steve or Hero; Originally planned but then replaced another character from their series. I don't think she really benefits from the Second Chance Theory (And yes, I am going to assign a name to all of these theories now), and I wouldn't call two picks based on a leak that said they were planned but dropped and aren't guaranteed to come back the safest picks.

However, assuming the Negotiations Rumor is correct (Chun-Leak is a misleading name), I do believe a Tales rep benefits from Second Chance Theory. They were allegedly "planned but disappeared somehow," so they'd fit in with Steve and Hero; Characters who would bring content from an unrepresented series who simply didn't turn up.

And to be honest... The main thing going for a Gen 8 Pokemon in this prediction just seems to be cynicism. For one, FP2 was finalized in 2019, which was when Sword and Shield released, not the year before. Sakurai wouldn't even need concept art; He'd probably have the near-finished product available by then. And if we're going off of the "le SHILLMON" aspect and nothing else, the game is over a year old now-More than twice as old as Three Houses was when Byleth was revealed-And the DLC cycle is over. The iron is no longer hot.
And besides, we already got a Spirit Event for SwSh, including the starters and Legendaries, the faces of the game. Even if we didn't get the fully evolved starters, I highly doubt we'd get a Spirit Event if there was a full Challenger's Pack on the horizon. I know it's a good thing to keep expectation in check, but rampant cynicism isn't gonna get you anywhere.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
God, i really hope so

this could also work for Octoling from Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion but they rarely represent DLC content from other games in smash

frick that tho I NEED to have Fly Octo Fly in smash
Why did you have to remind me that Fly octo Fly isn't in the game.

also a remix of shark bytes would make my life complete (aside from more Pikmin 2 songs beside all the map select themes but Pikmin 2 was 17 years ago so that's not happening at this point.)

overall Splatoon representation in smash is very skewed to 1 so I hope if octoling get's in they use the new weapons or additions to the old ones,

cothero

Smash Lord
Something I'd like to point out is that going off of the leak, Chun-Li is closer to Alucard or Decidueye than Steve or Hero; Originally planned but then replaced another character from their series. I don't think she really benefits from the Second Chance Theory (And yes, I am going to assign a name to all of these theories now), and I wouldn't call two picks based on a leak that said they were planned but dropped and aren't guaranteed to come back the safest picks.

However, assuming the Negotiations Rumor is correct (Chun-Leak is a misleading name), I do believe a Tales rep benefits from Second Chance Theory. They were allegedly "planned but disappeared somehow," so they'd fit in with Steve and Hero; Characters who would bring content from an unrepresented series who simply didn't turn up.

And to be honest... The main thing going for a Gen 8 Pokemon in this prediction just seems to be cynicism. For one, FP2 was finalized in 2019, which was when Sword and Shield released, not the year before. Sakurai wouldn't even need concept art; He'd probably have the near-finished product available by then. And if we're going off of the "le SHILLMON" aspect and nothing else, the game is over a year old now-More than twice as old as Three Houses was when Byleth was revealed-And the DLC cycle is over. The iron is no longer hot.
And besides, we already got a Spirit Event for SwSh, including the starters and Legendaries, the faces of the game. Even if we didn't get the fully evolved starters, I highly doubt we'd get a Spirit Event if there was a full Challenger's Pack on the horizon. I know it's a good thing to keep expectation in check, but rampant cynicism isn't gonna get you anywhere.
Two things:

1) It's Pokémon, second most grossing Nintendo franchise, its going to happen.
2) I'll print this for later.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Two things:

Pokémon is the most grossing media franchise in the world with 90 billion USD, Mario is at 36 billion USD.

in terms of sales Mario beats Pokémon however, Mario is at 700 million and Pokémon is at 370 million sales.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Two things:

There will be no Pokemon in the Fighter Pass, and the Spirit Event is one of the reasons why.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Two things:

If a Pokemon inevitable, why did they wait until Ultimate to add Incineroar instead of adding him as DLC? Why is Sword and Shield suddenly different? And don't quote the sales, the pass was decided before then.
If you want to convince people a Pokemon is going to happen, you're going to need more evidence than just "It's gonna happen and it sucks, doom and gloom."

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
You know, some people claim Ryu Hayabusa is the last NES All Star MIA from the roster. But most people in this community forget about Bill Rizer/Lance Bean from Contra, Arthur from Ghost 'N Goblins, Jimmy Lee/Billy Lee from Double Dragon, and Rash, Zitz, and Pimple from Battletoads. It's surreal these iconic characters don't have a big or notable support base in the Smash community with how big their games were on the NES. Literally, these guys along with Ryu Hayabusa are the last remaining big NES All Stars.
That always happen when a leaker cherry pick a character as something that they feel certain and everyone jump at it as if it is 100% likely, I mean did people don't know other Koei Tecmo series that isn't just Ninja Gaiden and also not just something one-sided like Atelier where it has a bunch of game but no attraction? Not saying that Hayabusa doesn't deserve that.

(the answer is Dynasty Warriors or the Warriors series in general which includes Hyrule Warriors and Persona 5 Strikers)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If a Pokemon inevitable, why did they wait until Ultimate to add Incineroar instead of adding him as DLC? Why is Sword and Shield suddenly different? And don't quote the sales, the pass was decided before then.
If you want to convince people a Pokemon is going to happen, you're going to need more evidence than just "It's gonna happen and it sucks, doom and gloom."
Comic Book Guy: I say it's going to happen because it's the facts. NOT MY OPINION BUT THE FACTS! And that's not me being bias about my predictions or anything because... IT IS THE FACTS! Sakurai Senpai! Please notice my talents as a gaming prophet.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Can't tell why there is so much demand for a Sqenix series from time to time when there is still a lot of Bamco series outside than just Tales and Tekken and Dark Souls and Soul Calibur when we got:
Digimon
Tamagotchi
.Hack
God Eater
Idolm@ster
Cause the SE series are better?

I said MOAR than 3. all I know is that Capcom usually consist of DMC, MH, AA.
Then you don't know enough.

Ignoring Resident Evil, Ghosts 'N Goblins, Darkstalkers, Okami, and others...

ALL of you are forgetting that Nintendo still has multiple popular unrepresented series.
No they don't.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
That always happen when a leaker cherry pick a character as something that they feel certain and everyone jump at it as if it is 100% likely, I mean did people don't know other Koei Tecmo series that isn't just Ninja Gaiden and also not just something one-sided like Atelier where it has a bunch of game but no attraction?

(the answer is Dynasty Warriors or the Warriors series in general which includes Hyrule Warriors and Persona 5 Strikers)
I know you are stanning for Dynasty warriors and i agree that dinasty warriors are criminally overlooked... but don't do Atelier dirty >: (

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
somewhat off topic but The music choices made for Pikmin upset me so much that i'm just going to fix Pikmin's music lineup in smash by adding these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k3uHxJ7mrQ Forest Naval theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-MEqhiGzc Wistful Wild (Olimar version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvOQFbK4jzc Awakening wood [Remix]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ihknTHRZ1k Piklopedia theme [Remix]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZD2KGV2PIY Titan Dweevil theme [Remix]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Ikt9RJCNk Submerged Castle (The PTSD i'm getting from this song is intense, it doesn't need to be remixed to suit smash, it's traumatizing enough as it is)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fs4mfLdMoQ Pikmin 3 Boss theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6eaUxTL-qw Phosbat cave theme [Remix]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGA680z2hJ8 Pikmin 2 boss theme/ Pikmin 3 Miniboss theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ9bhTnRWNY Plasm Wraith Battle theme (the fact this isn't in smash already is a crime ,this is one of the best Nintendo songs period.)

what other franchises would people here say are musically underrepresented? I would say Dragon Quest, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Kirby, Donkey Kong and Pikmin have the worst representation by far.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I know you are stanning for Dynasty warriors and i agree that dinasty warriors are criminally overlooked... but don't do Atelier dirty >:c
Having played Atelier Ryza since Christmas, I can confirm. Atelier is quite fun.

And having crafted the Hammer today, I can also confirm that you are going to agree with me, I AM NOT ASKING-

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
somewhat off topic but The music choices made for Pikmin upset me so much that i'm just going to fix Pikmin's music lineup in smash by adding these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k3uHxJ7mrQ Forest Naval theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-MEqhiGzc Wistful Wild (Olimar version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvOQFbK4jzc Awakening wood [Remix]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ihknTHRZ1k Piklopedia theme [Remix]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZD2KGV2PIY Titan Dweevil theme [Remix]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Ikt9RJCNk Submerged Castle (The PTSD i'm getting from this song is intense, it doesn't need to be remixed to suit smash, it's traumatizing enough as it is)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fs4mfLdMoQ Pikmin 3 Boss theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6eaUxTL-qw Phosbat cave theme [Remix]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGA680z2hJ8 Pikmin 2 boss theme/ Pikmin 3 Miniboss theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ9bhTnRWNY Plasm Wraith Battle theme (the fact this isn't in smash already is a crime ,this is one of the best Nintendo songs period.)

what other franchises would people here say are musically underrepresented? I would say Dragon Quest, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Kirby, Donkey Kong and Pikmin have the worst representation by far.
There is literally no DKC3 music in the game. Tropical Freeze and DK64 only have like one or 2 songs so they are underrepresented as well.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
THE RIDE STARTS AGAIN!!!!

As I recall though the website Updating doesn't guarantee anything but I think it is definitely 👀 worthy
Don't mean to burst your bubble, but the Direct archive actually updates rather frequently now. Like everyday afaik. So unfortunately, that don't mean anything anymore :V

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Street Fighter
have the worst representation by far.
Care to explain yourself on that one with something that isn't just "songs are only from II" or anything similar?

Final Fantasy
Two characters, including the only third-party villain
Two stages, one of them being a tribute to the ending moments of FF7
11 songs, including some that aren't even from a video game
More spirits than any other DLC so far
Cloud getting a Final Smash that changes based on his alt

If you look at the entire FF series, then yes, it's not covering a lot, but if you only look at FF7 specifically, which even the game itself does, it's arguably one of the best represented third-parties.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Because he's everywhere in fake leaks back in Fighter Pass 1.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
There is literally no DKC3 music in the game. Tropical Freeze and DK64 only have like one or 2 songs so they are underrepresented as well.
not to mention most of the songs are just the regular jungle stage themes, at least the could have included seashore war or something.

Edit: And the DK rap remix might be one of the worst things I have heard in my life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom