• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
imagine if chun li gets revealed and her trailer features ken and is a direct reference to EVO most famous moment
I was going to say that it's weird to dedicate a part of a reveal trailer to the featured fighter getting absolutely destroyed by a different fighter, then I remembered that kinda happened in Sephiroth's reveal trailer already.

Sophitia

Smash Cadet
YES. the only correct answer. namuuUUuu.

I’m more referencing the trend of all three of your choices having comically large boobs haha.

Smash 100% could benefit from more females, as well as further race diversification.
To be fair, Ivy, Taki and Sophie are probably the three most popular women from Soulcalibur. It just so happens that all them of them have very large breasts...

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I know that Soulcalibur conversation finished, but if we get a Soulcalibur character, I'd want Yoshimitsu.
Question is if the series would be labeled as Tekken or Soulcalibur. Yoshimitsu first appeared in Tekken right?

Sophitia

Smash Cadet
Question is if the series would be labeled as Tekken or Soulcalibur. Yoshimitsu first appeared in Tekken right?
Yes, and there are 3 Yoshimitsu. The most popular is the Tekken one I'd say, then the one from Soulcalibur I-IV and VI, with the Yoshimitsu from SCV at the bottom.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
  1. Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)
  2. Nightmare (SoulCalibur)
  3. Taiko no Tatsujin
Top percentage list right there
featured fighter getting absolutely destroyed by a different fighter, then I remembered that kinda happened in Sephiroth's reveal trailer already.
Hahah top points if is not revealed to be a smash strailer and is just a recreation, but after the deed, it the announcer says "Round 2" and then we see Chun lii getting revenge in a smash like render with teh splash screen.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
If we were to assume that Lloyd (and all of the Tales series) gets the shaft, who would you say are Namco's top three remaining contenders?
For me, it's probably:

Digimon
Soul Calibur
Demon's Soul/Dark Souls

everyone have been sleeping on Digimon lately just because the series has been unnotice for awhile.

GreninjaMarth

Smash Rookie
Pyramid Head would be a really cool, unexpected character. But I’m pretty limited when it comes to Silent Hill lore; what areas from that series could work as stages?

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Pyramid Head would be a really cool, unexpected character. But I’m pretty limited when it comes to Silent Hill lore; what areas from that series could work as stages?
Call me crazy, but maybe Silent Hill.

Edit: Okay, Okay, I'll elaborate. The town of Silent Hill is a key part of the games, so obviously, it's somewhere there. My personal thought has always been a stage taking place on some street in Silent Hill, with the stage switching between a foggy "normal" (but not really) version and a metal, dark, rusty even-freakier version. In any case, I can't really see the stage being called anything other than Silent Hill.

Last edited:

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
It would be cool to have as a horror rep. I've only played SH2 and SH3 but the hospital from SH2 would be a cool stage that can switch to the Otherworld version. Or maybe just the town itself with the fog and everything. I adore the game's soundtrack so that would be the biggest win in my book in getting Pyramid Head.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Almost every area in Silent Hill is iconic, even the foggy street. But to be more specific it's probably the hospital

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For me, it's probably:

Digimon
Soul Calibur
Demon's Soul/Dark Souls

everyone have been sleeping on Digimon lately just because the series has been unnotice for awhile.
Oh, I don't sleep on Digimon. A few don't either, but yeah, it's generally slept on.

It's probably cause of the silly notion it's a "Namco" rep, forgetting the Bandai part, combined with some not actually knowing Digimon is a game series first, just with a massively popular anime and manga(...Kind of like Pokemon. Though the Digimon anime at one point was considered better written for some, due to changing protagonists and all).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If we were to assume that Lloyd (and all of the Tales series) gets the shaft, who would you say are Namco's top three remaining contenders?
Yuri, Don-chan and...uh...i guess Klonoa

oh, you said all of the tales series. Then only thing I can think of atm is Don chan

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Now a hypothetical question.

If Chun-Li were one of the remaining fighters, which piece of songs would come with her?... More SF2 Chun-Li stage remixes? SF3, 4 and 5 songs?...
SF3 to 5 music might come most likely and probably some Street Fighter Alpha music too.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I was going to say that it's weird to dedicate a part of a reveal trailer to the featured fighter getting absolutely destroyed by a different fighter, then I remembered that kinda happened in Sephiroth's reveal trailer already.
That kind of happened in Ken’s trailer as well, though to be fair that was a dual reveal with the other reveal destroying him.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Oh, I don't sleep on Digimon. A few don't either, but yeah, it's generally slept on.

It's probably cause of the silly notion it's a "Namco" rep, forgetting the Bandai part, combined with some not actually knowing Digimon is a game series first, just with a massively popular anime and manga(...Kind of like Pokemon. Though the Digimon anime at one point was considered better written for some, due to changing protagonists and all).
I mean we have Pacman as our "Namco" rep because it references arcade game that they made and were missing the "Bandai" rep. You know, a company that make toys like Tamagotchi which is basically the same as G&W and Digimon used to be that. Just like Cloud represent Squaresoft and Hero represent Enix?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean we have Pacman as our "Namco" rep because it references arcade game that they made and were missing the "Bandai" rep. You know, a company that make toys like Tamagotchi which is basically the same as G&W. Just like Cloud represent Squaresoft and Hero represent Enix?
Bandai-Namco is one company anyway. It's repping the same company either way. They're nowhere near as separate as Square and Enix are, for that matter.

But there's no doubt Pac-Man only represents a smaller part of Bandai-Namco, though it's most important one easily(the Arcade part). Representing the modern era as well as the Virtual Pet stuff is important to it too. :)

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Bandai-Namco is one company anyway. It's repping the same company either way. They're nowhere near as separate as Square and Enix are, for that matter.

But there's no doubt Pac-Man only represents a smaller part of Bandai-Namco, though it's most important one easily(the Arcade part). Representing the modern era as well as the Virtual Pet stuff is important to it too. :)
Well.. not really? I guess, cause virtual pets and arcade game is virtually 2 different thing while the impact of the arcade is bigger because that is the reason for the boom of video games but virtual pets is no exception because that is the grandfather of simulation game, like Nintendogs and Animal Crossing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well.. not really? I guess, cause virtual pets and arcade game is virtually 2 different thing while the impact of the arcade is bigger because that is the reason for the boom of video games but virtual pets is no exception because that is the grandfather of simulation game, like Nintendogs and Animal Crossing.
That wasn't my point. My point is saying one represents Namco and one represents Bandai doesn't work when they're literally they same company.

They represent specific things within the company, but they're all Namco-Bandai content regardless.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm going to guess that Banjo & Kazooie would not happen without Minecraft. Minecraft being something Nintendo wanted and Phil Spencer advocating for Banjo & Kazooie was how it was possible for them to join Smash, otherwise I couldn't see Nintendo bothering.
I think Phil Spencer was the true MVP that brought the bear and bird back home. That guy deserves more credit for their return because it wouldn't have been possible without Phil's help.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
That wasn't my point. My point is saying one represents Namco and one represents Bandai doesn't work when they're literally they same company.

They represent specific things within the company, but they're all Namco-Bandai content regardless.
I mean, Bandai specifically infamous for making toys. You could say that Bandai Namco make games AND toys. But just like you said, Pacman already represent the entire company but only a small fraction of it and as we can see it is specifically about Namco's legacy

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, Bandai specifically infamous for making toys. You could say that Bandai Namco make games AND toys. But just like you said, Pacman already represent the entire company but only a small fraction of it and as we can see it is specifically about Namco's legacy
That doesn't change any of my points.

All of them represent a part of Namco-Bandai because that's the company they're under. They just represents different factions of it, respectively. There's a lot to represent, and is still missing many things, yep.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
That doesn't change any of my points.

All of them represent a part of Namco-Bandai because that's the company they're under. They just represents different factions of it, respectively. There's a lot to represent, and is still missing, yep.
yes, that is what I said. Pacman represent both because Bandai Namco fall under the same roof and like I said he represent the faction of classic arcade games that USED to be made by Namco and now Bandai Namco. There's a reason why all of Bandai Namco's compilation of classic games is called "Namco Museum" not "Bandai Namco Museum" it's because the ones that make them back in the day is Namco and even the music from said game is in Ultimate considering that back in the day Bandai only made toys not until they merge with Namco that they also made game. (I know it doesn't change anything so don't bother to proceed, it's just my evaluation on what I mean)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You know, I seem to notice that Square-Enix has two Square Soft reps being Cloud and Sephiroth and one Enix rep being Hero/the Dragon Quest protagonists. Namco-Bandai has one Namco rep being Pac-Man so when you think about it, we really don't have a true Bandai rep yet. Wouldn't Agumon be Bandai's most iconic character if I'm not wrong? Not to say the Namco-Bandai rep will be a Bandai character, but it could be.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
You know, I seem to notice that Square-Enix has two Square Soft reps being Cloud and Sephiroth and one Enix rep being Hero/the Dragon Quest protagonists. Namco-Bandai has one Namco rep being Pac-Man so when you think about it, we really don't have a true Bandai rep yet. Wouldn't Agumon be Bandai's most iconic character if I'm not wrong? Not to say the Namco-Bandai rep will be a Bandai character, but it could be.
That is exactly my point, Pacman in his purest form is a true Namco rep despite representing both and there is no pure Bandai rep.

it's either Agumon or Mametchi but the first one that I mentioned already jump into video game territory and has much more to pull from because even if you pull the moveset from the virtual pet game Digimon is still superior considering it is intended as a fighting pet.

(Edit: just realized that there is a Tamagotchi video game but it still virtually the same)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom