• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Might seem a bit random but,
How many characters who primarily have swords have a "brawling" move? Can be a slide kick like Cloud, a punch or a kick as part of their jab combo like Shulk and Ike, etc. Note that the throws don't really count in this situation.
Let me check... 14, assuming Ganon uses his sword enough to qualify. I also assume that pummels don't count, either.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I... do... not... know... what to think of that! Sure, he is very famous, has plenty of moveset potential, and could fill one or more archetypes with creative development, but somehow it seems like it would open the floodgates for a deluge of characters that did not even originate from a video game. That said, it is a very strange feeling, because aside from the mentioned caveat, Shrek seems like he would fit in rather well. Dilemmas!
When you see the Pac-Man icon :4pacman: it means I'm joking. Just giving you a heads up when you see other users use this icon.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I'm late to the Ace Attorney discussion but I want to say that for a series with Ace Attorney's sales numbers, genre and style, it's a lot more iconic and influential than it would have been expected to, and it never gets credit for that. To compare it to the likes of Okami and Viewtiful Joe is really selling it short. While Capcom hasn't always known what to do with it, it's one of their few franchises that never took a break; I wish I could say that about Devil May Cry, which even after selling 4 million copies with V appears to be taking a hiatus until 2025.
I definitely think that’s due to Capcom being respectful to Itsuno. They’re letting him do his own thing with both of his franchises. Dragon’s Dogma turned out to be a big hit for Capcom & they didn’t rush out a sequel since Itsuno wanted to do DMCV first. Now he’s finally doing the sequel for that, so DMC has to wait.
I think it's worth noting that aside from being Sakurai's choice, Lloyd has been a popular request for a while now. I'd presume he started picking up steam around the Brawl-4 interim, but I do remember hearing from someone saying they've wanted him since Melee. Yuri is the most popular with the Tales fandom, but Lloyd is more popular with the Smash fandom, and seeing as Symphonia is what made the series big and broke it out into the West, I'd argue he's the most popular with the general public as well.
Perhaps Lloyd could be this Pass’s “Smash fan pick” similar to Banjo? His support isn’t as strong as Banjo’s was, but it’s been around for a long time & was pretty strong back in 2018. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that there could be a choice that’s had a big presence in Smash fan polls again.

I honestly don’t think Namco would be that picky about the Tales character, they seem really chill when it comes to Smash. They just seem happy to be here.

I don’t have any experience with the Tales series (I just bought Vesperia though, I’ll try to play it soon) but I lowkey want a Tales rep to see who they’ll pick. There’s a lot of good arguments for both Lloyd & Yuri. It’d be interesting to see Sakurai/Namco explain why they went with whoever got in.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not that it's likely, but what are the chances that they might put a 2nd SNK rep in the game? Mai can't appear in the game in any form because of being too naughty for good bois and gurls and the rest of the notable Fatal Fury/King of Fighters/Metal Slug/ect are either Mii costumes or Spirits. So if they did go with another SNK rep, they would probably have to go with someone more obscure which I don't see happening.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Not that it's likely, but what are the chances that they might put a 2nd SNK rep in the game? Mai can't appear in the game in any form because of being too naughty for good bois and gurls and the rest of the notable Fatal Fury/King of Fighters/Metal Slug/ect are either Mii costumes or Spirits. So if they did go with another SNK rep, they would probably have to go with someone more obscure which I don't see happening.

I've asked a similar question to yours and got a similar answer from many people: Not very likely.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Sakurai really had wanted to he would of had Mai as among the cameos on Terry's stage.

It's not about her body but rather the respect of her character and that respect is her sex appeal notably how her body tends to bounce.

Otherwise,if she had a cameo she'd be like this most likely.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I agree. But we already got 3 of the same companies represented from the first FP represented in FP2 so I wouldn't be surprised if one more company get's to double dip.
SNK isn't as all their stuff is already represented through Terry, while for Sega it's either Sonic gets a second rep or they add in a character who is popular in Japan that is obscure in the West.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Yeah. Also, last time we got a character who came without any returning costumes and it will probably happen again.
Hmm? Last time was Sephiroth? He came with Chocobo and Geno. Before that, Steve came with Gil.

You are right though, because we've only got 2 costumes left, and 3 packs, one of them isn't going to have a returner.

It's not about her body but rather the respect of her character and that respect is her sex appeal notably how her body tends to bounce.
That's ****ing stupid. No Mai fan would be happier if she didn't get in at all, than if she got in without bouncing. There's also no reason she couldn't have been a Spirit.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If Sakurai really had wanted to he would of had Mai as among the cameos on Terry's stage.

Otherwise,if she had a cameo she'd be like this most likely.

Mai's absence from the game entirely had nothing to do with Sakurai, but the Japanese equivalent to ESRB CERO. They're real crazy about stuff like this not being in a E10+ game. It was out of Sakurai's power to really do anything with Mai because of CERO.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Hmm? Last time was Sephiroth? He came with Chocobo and Geno. Before that, Steve came with Gil.

you are right though,because we've only got 2 costumes left, and 3 packs, one of them isn't going to have a returner.
When I said last time I was talking about FP1, where Hero didn't come with any returning costumes. Technically, there are 3 remaining costumes if the Monster Hunter costumes are counted separately.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Mai's absence from the game entirely had nothing to do with Sakurai, but the Japanese equivalent to ESRB CERO. They're real crazy about stuff like this not being in a E10+ game. It was out of Sakurai's power to really do anything with Mai because of CERO.
Apparently not even a piece of black attire underneath her usual clothes ain't enough for them eh? Fine censoring Palutena and Corrin apparently though.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master

You are right though, because we've only got 2 costumes left, and 3 packs, one of them isn't going to have a returner.
Isn't it three? Monster Hunter, Lloyd, & Rathalos?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
But it does have music in the game already.
^ this

I know, I know, FFVII but technically the music Cloud had was brought over from 4; Sephiroth just added more. if a new series/installment had their music added before a playable IN ULTIMATE ITSELF, it doesn't bode well imo

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Apparently not even a piece of black attire underneath her usual clothes ain't enough for them eh? Fine censoring Palutena and Corrin apparently though.
tbf maybe that's cuz it wasn't an official design at the time. the Honor of Kings Mai added the undersuit... several months after Terry got in so rip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom