• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Today is the day. I've literally shielded my eyes from this page with my hands so I don't have to work with any spoilers. Can't trust any of y'all tbh.

Anyways Scorpion (and maybe BOTW2 please Aunoma) or bust. :jojo:

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Today is the day. I've literally shielded my eyes from this page so I don't have to work with any spoilers. Can't trust any of y'all tbh.

I wish I had your resolve not to look lol. Still, I am going in assumeing these are facke

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Today is the day. I've literally shielded my eyes from this page with my hands so I don't have to work with any spoilers. Can't trust any of y'all tbh.

If you don't want spoilers then don't go here, CP10 was leaked and somebody might accidentally not use a spoiler tag.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Him for FP10, and I say Reimu for FP11. Fight me. She hits the indie and Japanese market
Reimu is not from a JRPG so I don't expect it to be her. I think that if the leaks are right and MC is in then I expect the other character to be from a JRPG and that Lloyd Irving's costume will come with them.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Vergeben's risen from his tomb to speak spoilers once more? Ugh, here we go again. Not gonna look at the leaks when we have little more than an hour to go, so forgive me for speaking blind here.

I'll just say that although DLC#10 feels like the last shot for most Smash hopefuls like Crash and Doom Slayer, it also makes sense for Nintendo to continue to double down on 1st parties who'd almost miss the Smash bus if it weren't for the DLC spots. Zelda still lacks a proper newcomer, everyone knows that, but people also still dread the possibility of a Sword/Shield rep, a game that also has a champion in it. Or heck, could be League of Legends.

Eh, what am I saying, Verge is likely right about whoever he's talking about. Have fun with the forbidden knowledge.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If it helps, I'm consistently reporting all non-spoiler tagged stuff for CP10(and 11 if applicable). Considering one fake leak is being talked about in the open, it does send a bit of a mixed message, so I can understand the confusion.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Reimu is not from a JRPG so I don't expect it to be her. I think that if the leaks are right and MC is in then I expect the other character to be from a JRPG and that Lloyd Irving's costume will come with them.
I don't think her not being from a JRPG matters much. Llyod can still appear as a mii costume in either this possible leaked one or Reimus. Not all the mii costumes line up with the character... Just look at the monster hunter stuff with Pyra/Mythra

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
If it helps, I'm consistently reporting all non-spoiler tagged stuff for CP10(and 11 if applicable). Considering one fake leak is being talked about in the open, it does send a bit of a mixed message, so I can understand the confusion.
Fake leak?

Are you not aware that this is the same guy who leaked the entire Smash Ultimate roster before it was announced?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think her not being from a JRPG matters much. Llyod can still appear as a mii costume in either this possible leaked one or Reimus. Not all the mii costumes line up with the character... Just look at the monster hunter stuff with Pyra/Mythra
It was clear that the MH stuff came with Pyra/Mythra for Rise promotion. Lloyd's costume will either come with a JPRG character or a Namco Bandai character.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Aight, we're gonna be temporarily moving discussion to our dedicated E3 2021 Discussion Thread so we can consolidate discussion, as things will likely get pretty wild.

On top of keeping the typical site rules in mind, PLEASE KEEP LEAKS PRIOR TO THE REVEALS IN SPOILER TABS, AS NOT TO SPOIL ANYONE WHO WANTS TO GO IN COMPLETELY BLIND.

Now sit back, grab a snack, and enjoy the ride

Last edited:

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
The only think I'm sad that wasn't at E3 this year was a fire emblem game. But I can see that being revealed during the fall direct.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
#VergebenIsOverParty

and let me just uhhh quote three posts from the E3 thread over here one moment

am a bit disappointed no Splatoon 3 tho

Last edited:

PacificFun

Smash Ace
I honestly didn't like the reveal for this character tbh and I think know why:

The trailer has a weak set-up to me. It's banking on the gag for the whole duration, while basically every other Ultimate trailer are like mini cartoons (with a mini plot). This trailer is literally just this guy throwing peeps off a cliff. There is almost zero "tension" in this trailer.

If you have no prior knowledge on Tekken, the trailer might really miss the mark.

The music selection was also kind of meh (a first for a Smash trailer for me).

Last edited:

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Whoever is getting revealed tomorrow, I feel like they’re gonna be from a company that had an E3 presence this year. Ubisoft, Microsoft+Bethesda, Square Enix, Capcom, Namco, and Nintendo themselves are the companies I’ve got in mind.

If I had to narrow it down to one company, my gut is telling me that we’re gonna at least see another Namco character tomorrow. Just like it has been since Fighter Pack #5…
Guess I should listen to my gut more often. Did not expect Kazuya, though.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Also I consider all other Namco Bandai characters to be good as deconfirmed, meaning that Konami and Sega are the only veteran companies that could get another character, but I doubt it for the former. CP11 is likely to be either a first party or a character from a brand new company that doesn't have a character yet.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Copied over from CET:
Kazuya's funny, because he just screwed over Mii Costume deconfirms beyond the characters themselves. Everyone thought Tekken was dead, because why wouldn't all the Tekken content come at the same time? But nope, Kazuya. This opens up the doors for:
  1. Undertale
  2. Rayman
  3. Ezio
  4. Octoling
  5. Dovahkiin
  6. Phoenix Wright
  7. Dante
And quite a bit more, now that Miis won't take out a company or a series. Even if we've only got a single reveal today, at least we have a fair bit more options to talk about.
One notable thing that sticks out to me is Ubisoft, which as a company has often been met with skepticism thanks to the Miis. Now that Kazuya has chucked that idea off a cliff, I think we're open to talk about them freely.

So how about it. What Ubisoft characters would you like to see, what have they got going for them, and what can they bring?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Tails, X, and Octoling are back on the menu
Depends on why Sakurai didn't pick Heihachi. However you are free to speculate on Undertale without me going "but Sans+Megalovania is what everyone wanted anyway!"

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Copied over from CET:

One notable thing that sticks out to me is Ubisoft, which as a company has often been met with skepticism thanks to the Miis. Now that Kazuya has chucked that idea off a cliff, I think we're open to talk about them freely.

So how about it. What Ubisoft characters would you like to see, what have they got going for them, and what can they bring?
The Rabbids and Altair are out because they are Miis, while Rayman lacks Japanese popularity. The most likely Ubisoft rep is Ezio.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Guess I should listen to my gut more often. Did not expect Kazuya, though.
Honestly, a NAMCO character was the most likely third-party to me so I wasn't surprised. I could not ping it down to one character but I would have though Heihachi would come from Tekken before anyone else. The pick really wasn't that surprising to me and honestly when the pick isn't surprising, it feels better because it is a somewhat relevant IP that is wanted for the game and deserves to be in Smash.

Three Houses was 2 years ago.

...Holy hell, Three Houses was 2 years ago.
In the video game world, that is very recent. You usually have 5-6 years between games.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I honestly didn't like the reveal for this character tbh and I think know why:

The trailer has a weak set-up to me. It's banking on the gag for the whole duration, while basically every other Ultimate trailer are like mini cartoons (with a mini plot). This trailer is literally just this guy throwing peeps off a cliff. There is almost zero "tension" in this trailer.

If you have no prior knowledge on Tekken, the trailer might really miss the mark.

The music selection was also kind of meh (a first for a Smash trailer for me).
Thbf the “throwing people off of cliffs“ I think ties to his Devil Trigger mechanic where he gets stronger the more opponents he defeats. Normally if such a mechanic exists they let the character be curbstomped first but that wouldn’t fit Kazuya imo.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyway

PROJECT X ZONE 2 AND SMASH ULTIMATE ARE CANON TO EACH OTHER NOW THAT THEY HAVE FIVE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS IN COMMON IDEC THAT IT ISN’T KOS-MOS ANYMORE IM LEGIT POGGING

also Kazuya fits Thirst Theory, because he’s a daddy :4pacman:

also I predict a Monokuma Mii in the presentation aaaaand I have a strong feeling the final character is literally Off the Hook, if we’re going by Figure theory

and I might now just yeet myself till the final presentation cuz I’m oddly content with Kazuya tying two games together

May drop in occasionally to check on friends

so yeah. I’m content for once!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Thbf the “throwing people off of cliffs“ I think ties to his Devil Trigger mechanic where he gets stronger the more opponents he defeats. Normally if such a mechanic exists they let the character be curbstomped first but that wouldn’t fit Kazuya imo.
I think they're going to combine his Devil form with Tekken's rage system. His Devil form was a Rage Art in Tekken 7 anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom