• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I will point out that a lot of these Leakers, even the big name ones like Verge, have gotten most of the later half of the DLC wrong. They did well in the Base Game and with the first 2-3 DLC picks but have struggled since.

Most leakers said Ryu Hayabusa was in the First Pass but that did not happen.
Exactly. So lets curb our expectations, and not assume anything is set in stone

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I will point out that a lot of these Leakers, even the big name ones like Verge, have gotten most of the later half of the DLC wrong. They did well in the Base Game and with the first 2-3 DLC picks but have struggled since.

Yeah, and if Verge is indeed hinting at the Champions then he's probably piggybacking off other leakers.

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so NWPlayer posts Master Chief and Metroid V. Now Verge is posting the same thing on Reddit

Guess the third thing NWplayer encrypted will also turn out true, whatever it is
I personally won't choose Master Chief as a new character, but I'm not against him. So if it's him I'm totally fine with that.
But please Nintendo, give me that Metroid Fusion sequel!

volbound1700

Smash Master
Interesting how Nintendo is the BIG PLAYER again. About 5 years ago, it was all about Microsoft and Sony. Crazy how the industry always seems to be up and down.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, and if Verge is indeed hinting at the Champions then he's probably piggybacking off other leakers.
"He's using that rumour to make a joke" is infinitely more likely than "he's also hinting at the other character". Whether he's right or wrong, it's primarily just playing on the "I come back right at the end" angle.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Not super likely, but if the character is saved for the end of the Direct it's not going to be fun waiting the whole time just to find out if it's real.
If the Halo games are also coming, then I think starting with him is likely, with the games shown afterwords. Then they end on FP11, which seems no one has spoiled yet

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
so far, previous directs put the smash character as the first announcement. I think that might be the case again. unless we get two. or none.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think we will have a Smash reveal late in the direct. I think BOTW2 will be saved for the end of the direct (or some other major surprise that we don't know about).

Nintendo will lead off, like always, with some of the smaller IP that people are less excited about. If we get a double reveal, the less popular reveal will come first.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
If the Halo games are also coming, then I think starting with him is likely, with the games shown afterwords. Then they end on FP11, which seems no one has spoiled yet
I'd probably do a big 180 if that was the case. I'd even preorder the damn thing. My biggest problem with it is that the idea of Microsoft getting to shill TWO characters in the crossover while keeping their actual games under lock and key raises my hackles.

I think we will have a Smash reveal late in the direct. I think BOTW2 will be saved for the end of the direct (or some other major surprise that we don't know about).

Nintendo will lead off, like always, with some of the smaller IP that people are less excited about. If we get a double reveal, the less popular reveal will come first.
BOTW2 seems ripe for the middle portion where they can give it the most in-depth showing. The ending will be a teaser like BOTW2 itself was, either MP4 or something fully new.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm guessing no ones spoiled it because its not here yet lol

zferolie

Smash Hero

But like was said above, the last 2 directs have led with smash. Hell, Game awards lead with smash too. I can see them once again leading with smash.

If they end of BotW2, i hope it shows playable zelda. that would knock my socks off

volbound1700

Smash Master
But like was said above, the last 2 directs have led with smash. Hell, Game awards lead with smash too. I can see them once again leading with smash.

If they end of BotW2, i hope it shows playable zelda. that would knock my socks off
I am personal in the camp that we will get both reveals. We will get a lead off and then a second reveal late into the presentation similar to Hero + Banjo. One question that I am confident will be answered in this direct is whether FP # 11 is truly the last character or not.

A playable Zelda is likely. It would be cool to have some hotseat function. I want BOTW2 to bring in the open world but have more dungeons and story feel from OOT. Kind of a blend of both. At times BOTW's open world started to feel boring and empty as it shared a lot of the same landmass with the exception of a few major areas and there really wasn't a lot to find except Shrines and fetch quests.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'd probably do a big 180 if that was the case. I'd even preorder the damn thing. My biggest problem with it is that the idea of Microsoft getting to shill TWO characters in the crossover while keeping their actual games under lock and key raises my hackles.

BOTW2 seems ripe for the middle portion where they can give it the most in-depth showing. The ending will be a teaser like BOTW2 itself was, either MP4 or something fully new.
Yeah, I would Preorder that game too if it happed... been waiting for the full collection on a system i own

The rumored/leaked character would be really sick.

Still want my 2D Metroid tho.
God I so hope we get a new 2d metroid... Sprite or like Samus returns, either works!

I am personal in the camp that we will get both reveals. We will get a lead off and then a second reveal late into the presentation similar to Hero + Banjo. One question that I am confident will be answered in this direct is whether FP # 11 is truly the last character or not.
Yeah I hope we get both reveals... and if Master chief is for the western fans... I hope for Reimu for the Japanese/indie fans

volbound1700

Smash Master
Is there a Master Chief leak going on here?
People are using Spoiler tags when talking about characters. Go back and check several of the older posts with Spoiler tags and it will answer your question.

Last edited by a moderator:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
People are using Spoiler tags when talking about characters. Go back and check several of the older posts with Spoiler tags and it will answer your question.
I call fake for now. Nintendo has been way to tight lipped so far with Season 2. So, I am not buying the leak they are selling.
Champs one day. someone else another. just because the direct is today does not mean anything.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
If I was skeptical about Master Chief, I am incredibly skeptical about the Champions. There's no way Sakurai would return to the multiple fighters in one gimmick when Pyra and Mythra just did that in the last pack and he's very adamant about making the fighters feel unique. Likewise, there's no way having multiple champions on-screen would work if the Ice Climbers barely got off the ground and Rex and Pyra couldn't have worked technically if that's the route they're going down.

The fact that Vergeben seems to be attaching his horse to this cart basically confirms in my mind that his source is either **** or he's just piggybacking off the options that are seen as being the most likely among the general public.

And, if I can be honest, the "We are the Champions is just Vergeben reinforcing Master Chief because of the Halo 3 Easter Egg" is basically one step above "Banjo is Brave because banjos are brave instruments" in terms of missing an obvious hint. Vergeben's pretty on the nose with this kind of stuff, it's not like Shinobi or Imran Khan where they play games and leave hints to maintain plausible deniability

Then again, I am actively expecting to have egg on my face, so I could be wrong about all of this.
Either way, I'm gonna hop off the boards until after the reveal. Good luck on today's reveal(s), everyone!

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I pray if we get Metroid it's not a remake. I want a brand new game please. Fusion has been the furthest in the timeline we've been for 2 decades.

If I haaad to pick a game to be remade it'd be Fusion over Super, but still would prefer a new game.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I call fake for now. Nintendo has been way to tight lipped so far with Season 2. So, I am not buying the leak they are selling.
Champs one day. someone else another. just because the direct is today does not mean anything.
Yeah I really don't think these got leaked, at least in the normal way. IF THEY WERE, its only because of if that eshop datamine is true,m which seems to be what these leakers are jumping on. If this Eshop is true, it may not even have to do with smash...

Fully going in on a character like he is today is quite different than saying “oh I heard Koei Tecmo and Nintendo negotiated a character so we’ll see” I don’t think he’d be putting all his money on one character if he was just guessing

volbound1700

Smash Master
What has surprised me about the Fighter Pass since Day 1 is some of the third-party picks. There are three companies that are major players with Nintendo that haven't gotten a character.

1. Komei-Tecmo - Ryu Hayabusa fits perfectly
2. Ubisoft - Rayman fits perfectly
3. Namco - Several great options but it seems like Lloyd or Hiehachi fit well

The fact that these three companies have gotten no IP in either pass and the fact that Komei-Tecmo and Ubisoft have no fighters in the game is just shocking with how supportive all three companies have been towards Nintendo.

Obviously with only two spots left (unless something funny is announced), at least one of them will be left out if not all of them. I would be curious as to why there is a lack of representation from all three if they are not among the last two spots.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The Champions leak sounds like a load of bunk to me. Way too much work to be believable.

Rayman himself, though, yeah, believable.

I am avoiding other spoilers/leaks, mind you.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So are y’all team Master Chief (+ potential SE double dip), team BOTW Champions and Rayman, or team Something Else?

Pupp135

Smash Lord
My opinion of the leaks
I think Master Chief will probably happen since there’s a datamine, and Verge seems to be pretty reliable. He’d be a cool choice, and he’d be something that I didn’t expect (the closest I got was Pythra, but I thought Rex was going to make it).
For the BoTW champions, I’m skeptical since I find it hard to imagine that a 4-in-1 fighter will be DLC, which would be even more complex than Pokemon Trainer, and the “We are the Champions“ quoting could mean something else. If we do get another character from LoZ, I could see it being the BoTW reincarnation of Zelda, with the champions appearing in her FS like Chrom in Robin’s and Rex in Pythra’s.

zferolie

Smash Hero
My opinion of the leaks
I think Master Chief will probably happen since there’s a datamine, and Verge seems to be pretty reliable. He’d be a cool choice, and he’d be something that I didn’t expect (the closest I got was Pythra, but I thought Rex was going to make it).
For the BoTW champions, I’m skeptical since I find it hard to imagine that a 4-in-1 fighter will be DLC, which would be even more complex than Pokemon Trainer, and the “We are the Champions“ quoting could mean something else. If we do get another character from LoZ, I could see it being the BoTW reincarnation of Zelda, with the champions appearing in her FS like Chrom in Robin’s and Rex in Pythra’s.
I think the we are the champions thing is just him replying to someone who said he hasn't been right in awhile. Verge is using the I paid my dues part of the song, not we are the champions part

So are we just going to forget about that Crash Five Year Plan?
Didn't even Activsion forget that plan? like Killing the cartoon, and forcing toys for bob into the Call of duty hell?

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I think the we are the champions thing is just him replying to someone who said he hasn't been right in awhile. Verge is using the I paid my dues part of the song, not we are the champions part
That would make a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom