• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ah good, leaks. FINALLY. Feels like its been forever since a legitimate leak has popped up here! And it looks like I called it awhile back...kind of. I had said the last major icon missing at this point was master Chief, so if he's in, they've got all major icons. Granted, Chief hasn't been as relevant in recent years since Halo has slid, but I still maintain that Halo is solely responsible for Xbox surviving to see an Xbox 360...there was NOTHING of note on that original system. Hell, Halo 3 helped carry the 360 too until things like Gears of War and Mass Effect finally came out.

Now Nintendo...or Sakurai....or whomever....please, just do us all a favor and end the Direct with the last character revealed too. Just a teaser; hell, you can just end with a 2 second screen that says 'btw, last Smash character is X, lul' and I'd be happy. This has gone on long enough; time to end it.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
On the leak stuff:

I'm still a skeptic, just because it seems to contradict what every insider has said thus far about the direct, "Don't go in expecting the moon". A new Metroid and either a port of the Master Chief Collection or Master Chief in Smash is a pretty loaded direct already. I don't think the reactions of people like Spawn Wave would be so cautious if they knew this was what was getting announced.

I dunno, it just feels like it falls into the Too Good to be True category.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
oh yikes the character(s) leaked, I think I'll be off the internet for the next few hours.
Ah good, leaks. FINALLY. Feels like its been forever since a legitimate leak has popped up here! And it looks like I called it awhile back...kind of. I had said the last major icon missing at this point was master Chief, so if he's in, they've got all major icons. Granted, Chief hasn't been as relevant in recent years since Halo has slid, but I still maintain that Halo is solely responsible for Xbox surviving to see an Xbox 360...there was NOTHING of note on that original system. Hell, Halo 3 helped carry the 360 too until things like Gears of War and Mass Effect finally came out.

Now Nintendo...or Sakurai....or whomever....please, just do us all a favor and end the Direct with the last character revealed too. Just a teaser; hell, you can just end with a 2 second screen that says 'btw, last Smash character is X, lul' and I'd be happy. This has gone on long enough; time to end it.
I've been extremely confused by your profile pics lol

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
On the leak stuff:

I'm still a skeptic, just because it seems to contradict what every insider has said thus far about the direct, "Don't go in expecting the moon". A new Metroid and either a port of the Master Chief Collection or Master Chief in Smash is a pretty loaded direct already. I don't think the reactions of people like Spawn Wave would be cautious if they truly knew this was what was getting announced.

Yeah. Everything Verge said was already said by someone else. He hasn't gotten a character right since Hero, and I think that this is too optimistic considering that people are saying not to expect much.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Yeah. Everything Verge said was already said by someone else. He hasn't gotten a character right since Hero, and I think that this is too optimistic considering that people are saying not to expect much.
He got Terry, Steve, and Sephiroth right. He also knew the Byleth Mii costumes. Granted, SNK was leaked earlier by Nintendo, but I’ll give him credit for the other two.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
On the leak stuff:

I'm still a skeptic, just because it seems to contradict what every insider has said thus far about the direct, "Don't go in expecting the moon". A new Metroid and either a port of the Master Chief Collection or Master Chief in Smash is a pretty loaded direct already. I don't think the reactions of people like Spawn Wave would be so cautious if they knew this was what was getting announced.

Either those leakers are full of crap or Verge is, I guess.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So it seems the character leaked or something. for those who've seen, all I want to know was it implied to be singular or Multiple?

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
So it seems the character leaked or something. for those who've seen, all I want to know was it implied to be singular or Multiple?
Vergben leaked one of them. He didn't say anything about a double reveal but I'm pretty sure he knows who CP10 is.

Anyway, CP10 is a REALLY cool choice. I just hope CP11 is Waluigi.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
On the leak stuff:

This is largely being said by so many people in response to seeing all of social media guess we are getting literally everything ranging from Metroid Prime 4, BoTW2, Mario Kart 9, Bayo 3, Monolith Soft's next game and the Switch Pro reveal and etc., all at once and all being revealed for "this holiday" release.

They're implying we're getting a Nintendo Direct, not a literal wishlist. Smash isn't the biggest thing there to all the fans banking on Nintendo to "save E3" as much as we obviously glorify it here.

Last edited:

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Verge has made another hint on Reddit

AAWjpAAAB-Zi.png

Part of me thinks he's trolling but we'll see.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Heads up to everyone this thread will be closed at an hour before the Direct and discussion will move to the E3 thread for the whole of the Direct. We ask that you respect others and put anything that leaked and is not yet shown into spoilers when that time comes. I’ll ask Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku to repost this message when they leave a redirect to the E3 thread! Happy E3 day!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Verge is quoting the song “we are the champions”

Zelda champions? LoL? Your guess is as good as mine

Polan

Smash Lord
On the leak stuff:

insiders always miss who the smash character is until the last second

volbound1700

Smash Master
It seems like everything is pointing towards Zelda Champions and Rayman now as referenced in papagenos papagenos video.

I will say this, Nintendo has kept this under wraps well. No real leaks for Nintendo's presentation vs. its competitors.

Last edited:

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
He got Terry, Steve, and Sephiroth right. He also knew the Byleth Mii costumes. Granted, SNK was leaked earlier by Nintendo, but I’ll give him credit for the other two.
He "got" Sephiroth in the sense that he said he was one of the potential names for SE before getting behind Hero, didn't he? It's not like he said "Sephiroth is in" a few hours before the VGAs, so he's still in potential bandwagoner territory. THREE HOURS UNTIL WE KNOW THE TRUTH

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I can't believe that CP10 is actually someone cool.

I was expecting it to be some random character I didn't care about but it's actually cool. I'm really happy with it.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
On the leak stuff:

An additional thought on the matter:
These reveals feel very, very westerncentric, which is generally a bad sign for a leak. Metroid and Halo aren't unpopular in Japan, but they really don't draw significant enough numbers to carry a direct singlehandedly for the country. Maybe Nintendo is following Sony and neglecting the Japanese market for the international one or there's something else alongside these reveals, but it really makes me think that this potentially isn't super reliable information.

insiders always miss who the smash character is until the last second
Imran got Min Min before basically anyone else, so I wouldn't say they always get the reveals wrong.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Spoilers on potential DLC character below:
Honestly Master Chief is one of the more deserving characters to be added, he is one of the most iconic first-person shooting characters of all time after all. It would also be a great way to round out Smash Ultimate's DLC with that one last mind-blowing reveal, considering the final characters announced in a smash base game/DLC cycle are more often than not underwhelming picks. I'm still expecting some kind of 1st-party rep to be the final character though.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I'm guessing the character Verge leaked is CP10 right? Since I don't think he'd know CP11 before CP10.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

who wouldn't want a double dose of Kuja anyway?
Sephiroth's got the most charisma; Kefka was the most insane and was a great villain; but Kuja was the most dramatic in everything he did and loved a bit of theater flair and I always found that very unique. I loved him for that. I just wish the final boss of that game wasn't one that came so far out of left field that it felt like it was coming from another stadium entirely.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Spoilers on potential DLC character below:
Honestly Master Chief is one of the more deserving characters to be added, he is one of the most iconic first-person shooting characters of all time after all. It would also be a great way to round out Smash Ultimate's DLC with that one last mind-blowing reveal, considering the final characters announced in a smash base game/DLC cycle are more often than not underwhelming picks. I'm still expecting some kind of 1st-party rep to be the final character though.
I think the issue is that we already have two Microsoft reps including one in this pass. If there was a third pass, I could see him getting in.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I think the issue is that we already have two Microsoft reps including one in this pass. If there was a third pass, I could see him getting in.
They are way more likely to get a 2nd rep than other companies though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

THE RETURN OF THE VERGEBURGER!!!

So, it really does look like Master Chief is going to be in Smash now. He isn't someone I was looking forward to seeing a lot, but he fits E3 for sure even if he'd be the only character revealed there.

Also man I really don't like that We Are the Champions verse lol. The implications there sound horrible for every character I wanted in Smash, but aside from that, who's to say he meant the Champions of BOTW? It could be for LoL or some other champion-esque game out there too.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Vergben leaked one of them. He didn't say anything about a double reveal but I'm pretty sure he knows who CP10 is.

Anyway, CP10 is a REALLY cool choice. I just hope CP11 is Waluigi.
Thanks. Part of me really wants to look, but especially if you say it's a cool character choice, I think I should stay unspoiled. It's too tempting though...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Verge is quoting the song “we are the champions”

Zelda champions? LoL? Your guess is as good as mine
Googled it very quickly and I think it might have to do with a Halo 3 easter egg? I don't even know at this point.

Sadly for me, I think MC being CP10 is pretty much a death knell for a LoL rep. Maybe we'll have our chance another day. And hey, I'll be glad one of the biggest genres in gaming is finally getting a proper character.

volbound1700

Smash Master
THE RETURN OF THE VERGEBURGER!!!

So, it really does look like Master Chief is going to be in Smash now. He isn't someone I was looking forward to seeing a lot, but he fits E3 for sure even if he'd be the only character revealed there.

Also man I really don't like that We Are the Champions verse lol. The implications there sound horrible for every character I wanted in Smash, but aside from that, who's to say he meant the Champions of BOTW? It could be for LoL or some other champion-esque game out there too.
Link? I haven't seen anything about the Masterchief discussion in his posts. Don't get me wrong, I would be happy if he made it.

Polan

Smash Lord
An additional thought on the matter:
These reveals feel very, very westerncentric, which is generally a bad sign for a leak. Metroid and Halo aren't unpopular in Japan, but they really don't draw significant enough numbers to carry a direct singlehandedly for the country. Maybe Nintendo is following Sony and neglecting the Japanese market for the international one or there's something else alongside these reveals, but it really makes me think that this potentially isn't super reliable information.

Imran got Min Min before basically anyone else, so I wouldn't say they always get the reveals wrong.
japan has been feasting, we can have a little master chief here and there

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
He "got" Sephiroth in the sense that he said he was one of the potential names for SE before getting behind Hero, didn't he? It's not like he said "Sephiroth is in" a few hours before the VGAs, so he's still in potential bandwagoner territory. THREE HOURS UNTIL WE KNOW THE TRUTH
He said there were four names he heard the most by far for Square: Seph, Erdrick, Luminary, and Crono. Given how few people said Seph, I’ll give it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom