• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Fighter(s) possibly leaked?
The Reddit post is 16 hours older than the GameXplain video
This has been a popular rumor on /v/ for the last day or so because of a Gamefaqs post that said we'd be getting 4 champs and Rayman, and the only reason it took off was Imran Khan used "Smash cut" in a joke tweet about the Champs.

I'm not really convinced.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The problem with Zelda overall is that there's only three recurring characters. There is Impa but she tends to play the supporting role most of the time. That said, the amount of non-character stuff Zelda has is pretty big though. Like I would say it has the 2nd or 3rd highest amount of non-character representation in the game with Pokemon and probably Mario at the top.

Last edited:

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
This has been a popular rumor on /v/ for the last day or so because of a Gamefaqs post that said we'd be getting 4 champs and Rayman, and the only reason it took off was Imran Khan used "Smash cut" in a joke tweet about the Champs.

I'm not really convinced.
Regarding Imran, I know he posts on Resetera, so I went there to see if he's said anything there regarding him supposedly leaking the next character and well...

Imran.PNG

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Yeah seeing as how Sak said a 2-in-1 like Pyra & Mythra was hard on its own I doubt he’d push the limit even further
This is an example of why I get frustrated with the community. People are all hyped up over this when common sense, logic, and evidence state that this isn't feasible, yet how many people are pushing that the Champions are coming to Smash and it's a real leak? I betcha it's already gotten way more traffic than it should have on other platforms.

In what context should we take this.
In the context that a four-in-one character with really detailed models is never happening.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
No idea who this guy is. but it still sounds fake to me.
Imran is a credible insider who has leaked multiple things.

I think his response here is proving that people went overboard into reading his tweets like they always do. His tweets that actually leak things aren't the most direct, but they aren't some sort of 4D Chess either.

You are right, and even without Imran saying this, it's not happening. Common sense is enough.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
The thing about Zelda is that its halfway point between having a concrete and revolving door cast.
It almost always has Ganon Link and Zelda, but consistently introduces characters that are Major for one game and never again.

This creates the idea that the best way to represent Zelda is through different variations of the main 3. With us having 3 Links and 2 Zeldas. Zelda is one of the few series in Smash that gets consistent large updates in visual design.

This also creates the problem that not having characters outside the Triforce feels boring and almost incomplete.

Most like Skull Kid, he was a major character. But he also only ever got one non easter egg or fanservice appearance.

Impa is one the few Non Triforce recurring characters in the series, but is always second fiddle and getting a new design. Making her almost the Toad of Zeldas characters.

You could do this for most of Zeldas potential Newcomers. The problem is that the main three are so far above the others, it makes including them as fighters very hard over the standard visual upgrade and Semi Clone Zelda has been doing for the past 5 games.

I still hope that Skull Kid makes it in someday, along with Impa and maybe even Girahim or Midna.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This is an example of why I get frustrated with the community. People are all hyped up over this when common sense, logic, and evidence state that this isn't feasible, yet how many people are pushing that the Champions are coming to Smash and it's a real leak? I betcha it's already gotten way more traffic than it should have on other platforms.

In the context that a four-in-one character with really detailed models is never happening.
Yeah. I can't see Sakurai doing a 4 in 1 character. It would be much too time and cost consuming.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
My biggest gripe with this rumor is:

We just got a transforming character who is effectively 2 Echo fighters slapped into one spot, now suddenly we're getting 4 unique characters with the same gimmick?

Don't buy it.
It's pretty much Pokemon Trainer with an extra character thrown in. I don't expect CP10 to be multiple fighters in one.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Haven't we been here before? Imran joshing around and everybody getting themselves into a knot? 'S'?
We aren't getting all four champions. Maybe one of them, but come on now.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So on thing I haven't seen much chat about is how in the hell the Treehouse Live is three hours long.

Like, there is no way it's that long without a minimum of, like, three really big new game announcements, right?

So clearly, BotW2 is gonna be here, and get some Treehouse time, but it can't be the only game there...right? Even if they drop BotW2 for this year, they can't show off three hours of a brand new game, right?

I think this leads credence to something like a new DK game, a new Kirby game, or a new Mario game. Hell, maybe even a new Xeno game.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Splattytoon 3 could be there.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The fact Rex couldn't work with Pyra & Mythra makes me express doubt on this.
Yeah. If he couldn't get Rex and Pyra/Mythra to work, then why would try to combine four unique characters into a single slot. Besides, BOTW already has plenty of content in the base game, and if this is true then the game will receive a second new stage and even more music.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
For that gamefaqs post, if he truly was working on the trailer: He wouldn't be able to post that "information" without being in massive legal trouble with Nintendo, getting only fired would be getting off easy. Nintendo has practically lockdown their development of DLC fighters considering the most reliable leaker we have right now, PracticalBrush didn't even know Pythra was the character last direct. And he would have to be living in Japan as well since the only things the other Nintendo branches contribute to the trailers is the translation and dubbing.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So on thing I haven't seen much chat about is how in the hell the Treehouse Live is three hours long.

Like, there is no way it's that long without a minimum of, like, three really big new game announcements, right?

So clearly, BotW2 is gonna be here, and get some Treehouse time, but it can't be the only game there...right? Even if they drop BotW2 for this year, they can't show off three hours of a brand new game, right?

I think this leads credence to something like a new DK game, a new Kirby game, or a new Mario game. Hell, maybe even a new Xeno game.
How long has it been in years past on average?

tinfoil hat time: they only said the DIRECT would focus exclusively on software. What if the Treehouse… has a hardware reveal…

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
At the very least with Pyra/Mythra, they're two semi clones of one base and as such, the time and money spent on em doesn't seem too farfetched.

With the Champions however, I don't think they'd wanna work on a 4-in-one fighter where all the characters are extremely different from each other and then sell it for the typical $5.99.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Fighter(s) possibly leaked?
The Reddit post is 16 hours older than the YouTube video
It'd be a cool idea, but having 4 characters with entirely different body types, movesets, animations, etc. seems like way too much work for this stage of the game. Also,
>implying Nintendo will add a Zelda character who isn't Link, Zelda or Ganon

Monkey Ball Mania

>New Monkey Ball game
Stages that don't look entirely like dog ****
FINALLY
ThanosPog.jpg

Staarih

Smash Master
Just to entertain this, wasn't the issue with Rex + Pyra more so that it was too much to have them both on the stage? By switching characters, there'd technically be only one out at a time.

But anyway, we'll be wiser soon enough.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Just to entertain this, wasn't the issue with Rex + Pyra more so that it was too much to have them both on the stage? By switching characters, there'd technically be only one out at a time.

But anyway, we'll be wiser soon enough.
Except this will involve four completely unique characters in one slot. It would be 4x the effort, 4x the time, and 4x the cost of a normal character.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
How long has it been in years past on average?

tinfoil hat time: they only said the DIRECT would focus exclusively on software. What if the Treehouse… has a hardware reveal…
That's some good thinking right there, it could be entirely possible.

Also, some people are talking about perhaps a Smash reveal and then part of the Treehouse is a Sakurai Presents, but I'm less keen on that since it would likely be recorded already. I suppose they could just edit it in, but I think at the soonest the Sakurai Presents would be later this month.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.