• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
So, unless I've missed it, when/if do you think Sakurai will retweet the Direct?

If he does, imo, that means a solo character is basically confirmed, since the tweet will go something like "Turn into the Nintendo Direct for information on the next Super Smash Bros character" or something.

If he doesn't retweet it, then that's interesting.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
So after all the hit and miss presentations, we have Capcom reminding you of titles already announced and five minutes on e-sports.

At this point I'm fairly certain Nintendo could at least tie Microsoft for winning E3 with the announcement of an new Pushmo game, the competition is so pitiful this year.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
So after all the hit and miss presentations, we have Capcom reminding you of titles already announced and five minutes on e-sports.

At this point I'm fairly certain Nintendo could win E3 with the announcement of an new Pushmo game, the competition is so pitiful this year.
Ugh, tell me about it; they didn't even announce any SF5 DLC.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

At this point I'm fairly certain Nintendo could win E3 with the announcement of an new Pushmo game, the competition is so pitiful this year.
It's like I had said yesterday: The only way Nintendo could botch this is if they just dragged out Shuntaro Furukawa, had him smile, pee into a bag, bow Japanese style, and then leave... and at least THAT would be funny if nothing else

7NATOR

Smash Master
Wait I'm so confused. What is this "Plumbers don't wear Ties" game? Is it legendary?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Hopefully someone hot, like Kitana (since she also has an "Ass Kicks You" move) (yeah, I know that's not gonna happen).
I mean if this is how we get Dead or Alive characters in Smash, then so be it hahahahaha

Wait I'm so confused. What is this "Plumbers don't wear Ties" game? Is it legendary?
Watch the Angry Video Game Nerd's episode on it. That's all you need to do. In fact, you must.

Watch his episode on Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout and his other episode on Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage after that too, those are too good to miss

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master

At this point I'm fairly certain Nintendo could at least tie Microsoft for winning E3 with the announcement of an new Pushmo game, the competition is so pitiful this year.
Don't underestimate Halo Infinity and Age of Empires 4 presentation, they are getting some likes and attention. Granted both were already announced previously.

Shroob

Sup?
It's an early "adult" visual novel from a dead console.

There's no outright nudity iirc, but it's a game that's very "What the **** were they thinking". There's lots of bizarre ****, like random pictures of panda bears in go-karts popping up, the narrator donning a chicken suit and fighting another narrator, and the infamous line "TAKE YER DAMN CLOTHES OFF!"

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Nintendo would easily win for me with only Smash, which is guaranteed, SMT V, which is also guaranteded, BotW2, which is almost a lock, and something Metroid, which seems to be possible.
Then if they throw in one from Donkey Kong/Fire Emblem/Monolith Soft new game/F-Zero/Kid Icarus it would be like 10/10 presentation considering the average level of this year.

Microsoft's conference was good as always, with a good pace unlike other presentations of this E3, but personally it was like a 6-7 because of the content, I wasn't interested in most of the stuff they had, and the only thing I care about Bethesda is Doom so Starfield does nothing for me.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Plumbers Don't Wear Ties can best be described as an infamous 90s attempt at a visual novel that is also one of the worst examples of it. Intended to be a semi-erotic FMV game for eventual flop that was the 3DO, the creators chickened out about the content getting the game an Adult Only rating and instead made it a slideshow instead of video. Even with that though, the acting, story, and overall attempt at being a multi-choice romantic comedy game ends up succeeding at being none of them. It contains arguably the most obnoxious attempts at random humor seen in any media, making even the hackiest wacky YouTuber seem positively restrained by comparison.

The AVGN did a review about it years ago (giving it the most publicity it ever had) and quite accurately said if it can be considered a game, its one of the worst ever made.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Honestly, I hope this is the last E3, it's clear how irrelevant it has gotten.
It's kind of an odd thing in a world where Nintendo Directs and State of Plays can be held at any time in the year and multiple times a year. Sometimes you don't even need that, random Twitter drops and such exist too. E3 is just the grandpa that you keep inviting to the party out of respect more than anything.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
  • Announce DLC for the third worst RE game, no trailer or gameplay
  • Show a bunch on Monster Hunter trailers we've already seen
  • Spends 10-15 minutes on Lawyer Simulator
  • ESPORTS
  • Ends show, nothing new announced
ELeQbYOWwAA6OHv.jpeg

Makin' Nintendo's job real easy here.

Capcom told people precisely what to expect well in advance and they delivered on it.
If you expected Mega Man or whatever then that's on you.
So it's our fault for expecting literally anything new be shown at a goddamned video game livestream?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
A game rated 17+ that you need to be at least 18+ to make a choice that actually lets you progress through the story.

Shroob

Sup?
  • Announce DLC for the third worst RE game, no trailer or gameplay
  • Show a bunch on Monster Hunter trailers we've already seen
  • Spends 10-15 minutes on Layer Simulator
  • ESPORTS
  • Ends show, nothing new announced
View attachment 319177
Makin' Nintendo's job real easy here.

So it's our fault for expecting literally anything new be shown at a goddamned video game livestream?
When they say "We're showing you these 4 titles", yes.

If someone tells you "We're going to show you 4 things", why would you expect a 5th when they outright told you 4?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Capcom told people precisely what to expect well in advance and they delivered on it.
If you expected Mega Man or whatever then that's on you.

That said the SFV bit at the end isn't gonna win people over to the pro scene lol
You should have seen the Monster Hunter discord channel. Lol they were having a fit cuz they all hype themselves up thinking we were getting new monsters when they put out the roadmap as collaborations that are happening down the line with no new monsters listed. Its it's hilarious

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Its gonna be hilarious if Axel Stone gets added cause I can already see the smash community calling him "hobo ken" or "bandana terry" even though hes from a completely different game genre

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I think one can say that Capcom was not being deceptive in the marketing for the presentation AND that they were also shrewdly counting on people expecting significant news in order to get decent numbers for what was advertisement for already announced titles.

They weren't being false, but there certainly being deliberate.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Nintendo would easily win for me with only Smash, which is guaranteed, SMT V, which is also guaranteed, BotW2, which is almost a lock, and something Metroid, which seems to be possible.
Then if they throw in one from Donkey Kong/Fire Emblem/Monolith Soft new game/F-Zero/Kid Icarus it would be like 10/10 presentation considering the average level of this year.
I'm still curious on what that one guy saw that made the Direct get a much higher rating in his opinion. Won't know until tomorrow, but still, wonder what was there that really got the guy's attention.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think Xbox/Bethesda did good, or at least okay this year, and there were some interesting announcements and memes that caused Chaos, but honestly it seems E3 this year is super lacking. Summer Game Fest had a more notable showing and that was supposed to be an appetizer, though I think that was mainly because of Elden Ring though

I think Covid really hit the gaming industry very hard, perhaps more than some people might expect but it is what it is.

Nintendo should get an Easy W this year.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
So it's wrong to have higher expectations than literally nothing?
I mean Capcom's showcase was bad, no one is saying the opposite. Ending with the eSports section was a bad idea, at least close your show with one of your games lol.
But they warned us. And I was warning you all since yesterday because I know people doesn't pay that much attention to official announcements. Folks read "Nintendo E3 Direct June 15" and they just skip all the other info they provide us.

The only new thing from Capcom today was DLC for RE8. And well, the updates for Monster Hunter. But the lineup we got today was basically what they promised us when they announced this thing. They never said "we'll have some surprises" or anything like that so there wasn't room for interpretation.

I myself think they could have just skipped E3 and promote their games through tweets or Microsoft/Nintendo events. But it's not like they lied to us lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom