• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
When they say "We're showing you these 4 titles", yes.

If someone tells you "We're going to show you 4 things", why would you expect a 5th when they outright told you 4?
Because I have standards higher than zero.

"One More Thing" culture has warped people's perceptions on this stuff tbh
It's not about "one more thing", it's about "literally anything". They spent 30 minutes telling us about games that we already knew about. If all you were gonna show that was new was that you were making RE8 DLC, why not just put out a tweet?

So now that we know our next Smash rep is from "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties", who are we getting? I'm on team John's Mom.
TAKE YER DAMN CLOTHES OFF, PAPA!

Again, if we didn't know what we were getting, sure, I'd understand that.

They literally lined up what they'd show us. Expecting anything else when they told us "We're showing these 4 things" was setting yourself up for disappointment.
If Nintendo told you they'd be showing off Breath of the Wild 2 in the next Direct, and all they ended up showing in that Direct was the same teaser trailer of BotW 2 we saw back in 2019, would you be fine with that because "Hey, they did what they said they would!"? I'm not giving CAPCOM credit because they told me up front that they were going to show me nothing new in a 30 minute livestream presentation. I expect much more from games companies.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Because I have standards higher than zero.

It's not about "one more thing", it's about "literally anything". They spent 30 minutes telling us about games that we already knew about

TAKE YER DAMN CLOTHES OFF, PAPA!

If Nintendo told you they'd be showing off Breath of the Wild 2 in the next Direct, and all they ended up showing in that Direct was the same teaser trailer of BotW 2 we saw back in 2019, would you be fine with that because "Hey, they did what they said they would!"? I'm not giving CAPCOM credit because they told me up front that they were going to show me nothing new in a 30 minute livestream presentation. I expect much more from games companies.
Then expect to be disappointed by them.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I think Xbox/Bethesda did good, or at least okay this year, and there were some interesting announcements and memes that caused Chaos, but honestly it seems E3 this year is super lacking. Summer Game Fest had a more notable showing and that was supposed to be an appetizer, though I think that was mainly because of Elden Ring though

I think Covid really hit the gaming industry very hard, perhaps more than some people might expect but it is what it is.

Nintendo should get an Easy W this year.
Watch yourself, the bar is starting to get rough just like it did yesterday after the Square Enix show. Tread lightly hahahahahahahaha

But yeah, Nintendo's got this in the bag. Literally just the Smash fighter, even if it's someone kinda "lame" will send people through the roof. Here's hoping it remains unleaked.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So on thing I haven't seen much chat about is how in the hell the Treehouse Live is three hours long.

Like, there is no way it's that long without a minimum of, like, three really big new game announcements, right?

So clearly, BotW2 is gonna be here, and get some Treehouse time, but it can't be the only game there...right? Even if they drop BotW2 for this year, they can't show off three hours of a brand new game, right?

I think this leads credence to something like a new DK game, a new Kirby game, or a new Mario game. Hell, maybe even a new Xeno game.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Splattytoon 3 could be there.
Treehouse live is far shorter than usual. In past years it would go on for E3 and the two days after, but not this year.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
  • Announce DLC for the third worst RE game, no trailer or gameplay
You’re either wholly overreacting, have never played Village, or haven’t played the plethora of other worse RE games to make this statement.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Columbo did it better
"Now that's funny. You're sayin' that this here... Vergeben guy? His info lines up perfectly... with what we got right here on this box.... but you're talking a lotta nonsense about the Grinch. Now, I may not be an expert, no sir, but this here box seems a lot more credible than the Grinch."

SNEKeater

Smash Master
My problem with the Capcom presentation is less "Why didn't they show us anything that wasn't in the initial announcement" and more "Why did this need a 30 minute stream"

Like, the RE8 DLC announcement couldn't have been in a tweet? lmao
My guess is that E3 is still a nice opportunity for promotion, and Stories 2 and Ace Attorney (as a whole) could use that. These 2 games were the ones with most screentime, now that I think about it.

If they did an Ace Attorney livestream, they would maybe had 1000 viewers or so, to put an example. If you brand your event as E3 Showcase, you will probably have like 10.000 folks watching your thing.

I'm still curious on what that one guy saw that made the Direct get a much higher rating in his opinion. Won't know until tomorrow, but still, wonder what was there that really got the guy's attention.
I think you're talking about NateDrake. IIRC he said his rating also had third party stuff in mind. He doesn't know exactly everything Nintendo will show us though, so his rating is an educated guess based on games he probably knows that will show up tomorrow and games he believes will appear tomorrow.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Do y’all think that since Sakurai didn’t retweet the direct tweet, we might not get a reveal at all? I still think we’ll get at least 1 but I’m just curious what y’all think.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I’m back y’all!!!

Hype for tomorrow. : )
You walked into the bar at the WORST time, it is a straight up bar brawl right now hahahaha I thought it was rough here after Square yesterday but HOLY BANANAS people are throwing chairs at each other already.

But yeah, tomorrow is the part of this whole E3 fiasco I've been waiting for, I've got pizza, Pepsi, homemade cookies... tomorrow is all set for PARTY DAY!

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Nintendo when they see people expecting the Nintendo Direct to be E3 2021's redemption when all they have to show are Smash trailers for McJRPGSwordsman only known in one country and some virtual unknown from an obscure NES game that some Nintendo executive loved in their childhood, an indefinite delay announcement for BotW2, MP4 and Bayonetta 3, switch ports everyone already knew was coming, a rerelease of Metroid Prime that will be removed within a week and a limited edition Golden Goomba Amiibo only available to Japan and crazy collectors willing to buy from scalpers.
danger chuckle.jpg

Technomage

Smash Champion
Do y’all think that since Sakurai didn’t retweet the direct tweet, we might not get a reveal at all? I still think we’ll get at least 1 but I’m just curious what y’all think.
I don't get it; how does retweeting influence the chances?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think that's gonna happen unless something bad has happened behind the scenes that we don't know about that forced the last 2 DLC fighters to be delayed, such as Masahiro Sakurai himself testing positive for COVID.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
You walked into the bar at the WORST time, it is a straight up bar brawl right now hahahaha I thought it was rough here after Square yesterday but HOLY BANANAS people are throwing chairs at each other already.

But yeah, tomorrow is the part of this whole E3 fiasco I've been waiting for, I've got pizza, Pepsi, homemade cookies... tomorrow is all set for PARTY DAY!
AYE MY MANS SET UP
I’m just gonna have good ol pizza and avoid the media all day tomorrow til the direct

And to Shroob, fair point lmao

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
The idea of there not being a Smash reveal at an E3 that wasn't cancelled, while Smash DLC is ongoing, four months after the last reveal, is absolute bunk and you know it.
Plenty of good reason to not be expecting a double reveal, but there absolutely will be at least one. Mr. Sakurai tweeting or not probably wouldn't have much bearing on that.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think you're talking about NateDrake. IIRC he said his rating also had third party stuff in mind. He doesn't know exactly everything Nintendo will show us though, so his rating is an educated guess based on games he probably knows that will show up tomorrow and games he believes will appear tomorrow.
Yeah, it is. This was the thing I was talking about.

This happened like May 31st and people were wondering what could be hype-worthy to increase their rating.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think Xbox/Bethesda did good, or at least okay this year, and there were some interesting announcements and memes that caused Chaos, but honestly it seems E3 this year is super lacking. Summer Game Fest had a more notable showing and that was supposed to be an appetizer, though I think that was mainly because of Elden Ring though

I think Covid really hit the gaming industry very hard, perhaps more than some people might expect but it is what it is.

Nintendo should get an Easy W this year.
Didn’t Nate say from what he saw of Nintendo’s it would be a 9/10?

HECK :ultgreninja: ’d

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Nintendo when they see people expecting the Nintendo Direct to be E3 2021's redemption when all they have to show are Smash trailers for McJRPGSwordsman only known in one country and some virtual unknown from an obscure NES game that some Nintendo executive loved in their childhood, an indefinite delay announcement for BotW2, MP4 and Bayonetta 3, switch ports everyone already knew was coming, a rerelease of Metroid Prime that will be removed within a week and a limited edition Golden Goomba Amiibo only available to Japan and crazy collectors willing to buy from scalpers.
View attachment 319179

You forgot the part where BotW2 was cancelled due to backstage complications and replaced with the smaller scope "Linkle Takes a Tinkle"

The fans will LOVE that hahahaha perfect replacement for BotW2

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't think that's gonna happen unless something bad has happened behind the scenes that we don't know about that forced the last 2 DLC fighters to be delayed, such as Masahiro Sakurai himself testing positive for COVID.
Can we not jinx it please?

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Honestly y'all are underselling Microsoft this year. That presentation was massive dudes. I don't think there's a single person who was excited by every game shown off at Microsoft's thing, but every game shown excited some group of people. Real grab-bag of giving something to every gamer out there. Nintendo probably could still beat it though with a few key announcements as long as they show off good gameplay of em.

Edit: Also while we're on the topic, I still say no Smash reveal at E3 tomorrow would be a damn hilarious outcome, especially if the rest of the announcements are really good so that the Smash fans get drowned out.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Here's my 2 cents on Capcom not showing more than they promised: They could have at least given more details on RE8's DLC.
Yeah see they could have said if it was gonna focus on Chris or go into some cut concepts like Ada Wong or something.
But apparently they just started so what they want to do could change a whole lot.

Honestly y'all are underselling Microsoft this year. That presentation was massive dudes. I don't think there's a single person who was excited by every game shown off at Microsoft's thing, but every game shown excited some group of people. Real grab-bag of giving something to every gamer out there. Nintendo probably could still beat it though with a few key announcements as long as they show off good gameplay of em.

Edit: Also while we're on the topic, I still say no Smash reveal at E3 tomorrow would be a damn hilarious outcome, especially if the rest of the announcements are really good so that the Smash fans get drowned out.
I was borderline almost pleased with everything.
Sub out Far Cry 6 for something else and it'd likely have hit that mark for me lol

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

"Tune in on this date for the FINAL Super Smash Bros Ultimate Sakurai Presents, where we will reveal the last two fighters for the game. See you then"

and then that's all they say of Smash for the entire E3 presentation, and then proceed to spend 13 minutes literally spinning their wheels with a new Mario Kart game. That'll go over lovely, I'm sure of it. Absolutely nobody will stab each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom