• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just hope Bandai Namco’s presentation has SOMETHING good in it

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Warning Issued
Expecting them to show more than they promised is entitlement, yes.
This isn't a tough concept to grasp.
God, this is ****ing pathetic. How the hell do you have such low standards?

"So you're giving me 100$ as a gift? Sweet, thanks."

Gets it

"Bro wtf why did you only give me 100$ I know you literally told me that was all I was getting but I expected more smh."
CAPCOM: "Hi, we're doing an E3 livestream where we show no games and **** on the floor for 30 minutes."

Gets it

You: "I don't know why you're so upset, they did exactly what they said they were going to do. Geez, talk about ENTITLED."
ftfy

Shroob

Sup?
God, this is ****ing pathetic. How the hell do you have such low standards?

CAPCOM: "Hi, we're doing an E3 livestream where we show no games and **** on the floor for 30 minutes."

Gets it

You: "I don't know why you're so upset, they did exactly what they said they were going to do. Geez, talk about ENTITLED."
ftfy
I mean

Yes, you are lol. They did EXACTLY what they said they'd do.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Gets it

CAPCOM: "Hi, we're doing an E3 livestream where we show RE8, MHS, MHR and AA"

Now its actually fixed

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Nawwww that gacha mechanic makes good money, and they need that money for bourbon and anime!
Mario Kart Tour doesn't make that much money compared to FEH. This seemingly makes no sense because Mario is a bigger franchise, but FEH's smaller audience is also older and therefore can waste more money trying to get all the Lyn alts.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Jiminy Christmas Crackers, can we just say "it's ok to be disappointed" and move on? It's totally OK to be disappointed. That's human.

Mario Kart Tour doesn't make that much money compared to FEH. This seemingly makes no sense because Mario is a bigger franchise, but FEH's smaller audience is also older and therefore can waste more money trying to get all the Lyn alts.
I just wanted to make the Family Guy reference really.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Jiminy Christmas Crackers, can we just say "it's ok to be disappointed" and move on? It's totally OK to be disappointed. That's human.
True. Whats not normal is seeing a list of stuff they are giving you and expecting someone to give you more then they listed and getting on pissed because they gave you exactly what theyl said they would. Thats called being immature and Ill leave it at that

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I can't believe y'all are throwing all this negative energy on Capcom, who basically did nothing wrong, and not on Square Enix who was actually just painful...
Unlike Square Enix,Capcom didn't release a demo that had corrupted data right out the gate

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly my problem with the Capcom show was the pacing. They spent like 10 minutes to finish with Resident Evil & Monster Hunter which was fine, although I would've liked to see literally anything for the RE announcement instead of only text but w/e. After that it went downhill with the next 10 minutes going to Ace Attorney spoilers followed by 10 minutes of an Esports nothing burger + recap. They only really needed 15-20 minutes but it just dragged on with a whole lot of nothing.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Realistically I think this E3's been hit by a couple of factors. Sony and Microsoft are still in the early stages of their respective consoles before the more significant stuff is out, various gaming events are still trying to figure out a way to get reveals out while maximizing their own financial interests, and the industry overall is still recovering from the pandemic. A lot what's been put out besides Microsoft (and to a much lesser degree Square Enix) reeks of companies knowing they have to put something out for the season, but for their own reasons not wanting to likely reveal the biggest stuff just yet.

Hence why the past couple of days outside mega announcements like Elden Ring has felt a lot like a student that threw together something the night before for their big class presentation; its just barely enough to get a passing grade while the student is convinced they can make up for it on the final later.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I can't believe y'all are throwing all this negative energy on Capcom, who basically did nothing wrong, and not on Square Enix who was actually just painful...
Capcom seemed well paced for sure, it wasn't PAINFUL to watch, it was just... kind of not really much to say. E3's a marketing platform yeah, but... I gotta echo some sentiments tho, some of this could've worked just as easily as a tweet. Content is King and, whether they announced what they were gonna show or not, IMO they just didn't have it.

SQUARE tho... that was OOF. Very poor pacing to say the very least. Though it did get a good reaction video out of Good Vibes Gaming, particularly from Steve hahahaha so good they even just spliced that moment right from the stream and uploaded it as its own video. Straight up Jekyll and Hyde type switch from joy to rage hahahaha pretty endlessly rewatchable.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I'll have you know that I'd sooner waste money for Edelgard alts than Lyn alts.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
You’re either wholly overreacting, have never played Village, or haven’t played the plethora of other worse RE games to make this statement.
lol I missed that part

RE8 is definitely not the worst in the series, like, at all. Each one has their tastes and opinions, but for me it's definitely top 5 in the series, probably even top 3, and I have 100% the game and finished it 5 times.

Not to say the game was generally acclaimed by media and fans.

I could understand maybe wanting something more substantial on RE8 but that's really about the extent of it.
The entitlement ****ing reeks though
Oh yeah, definitely. What I'm sure about is that the DLC will give us more Lady Dimitrescu in some form. Now they're aware of her popularity so I'd be surprised if they don't take this chance to give us more about her. but (RE8 spoilers)
if that's the case it would be a prequel to RE8. I think a DLC focusing more on the 4 Lords would be great, they were very cool.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
lol I missed that part

RE8 is definitely not the worst in the series, like, at all. Each one has their tastes and opinions, but for me it's definitely top 5 in the series, probably even top 3, and I have 100% the game and finished it 5 times.

Not to say the game was generally acclaimed by media and fans.

Oh yeah, definitely. What I'm sure about is that the DLC will give us more Lady Dimitrescu in some form. Now they're aware of her popularity so I'd be surprised if they don't take this chance to give us more about her. but (RE8 spoilers)
if that's the case it would be a prequel to RE8. I think a DLC focusing more on the 4 Lords would be great, they were very cool.
Oh yeah I'd love to learn more about the Lords. They were fantastic
But I do wonder if we get more on the BSAA stuff with Chris or if that'll be part of RE9 or another RE game if 9 is all about Rose.

Wow, that sounds embarrassing; what game is the demo for?
CHAOS
Final Fantasy Origins

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm guilty of that, but when looking at the money makers lately, it's people trying to get Edelgard or Dimitri.
Oh yeah I'd love to learn more about the Lords. They were fantastic
But I do wonder if we get more on the BSAA stuff with Chris or if that'll be part of RE9 or another RE game if 9 is all about Rose.
I absolutely want to see more of the Lords. Especially if they do more with Donna and Angie. Like.....man I was really disappointed on how much they were utilized. Like the hallucination stuff was good, but man, I really wanted to see Donna and Angie talking with each other since that tends to be my favourite thing with ventriloquist duos.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I doubt Nintendo will bomb so long as BotW2 is there. That one game alone should be able to automatically give them a decent year.

If they can toss in a few more noteable things on top of BotW2, then I'd say they're in a good position for the title of "best E3 presentation".

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I doubt Nintendo will bomb so long as BotW2 is there. That one game alone should be able to automatically give them a decent year.

If they can toss in a few more noteable things on top of BotW2, then I'd say they're in a good position for the title of "best E3 presentation".
Big ole DK DONKEY KONG game man... especially if it is indeed a big Mario Odyssey level of wow... JIMINY hahaha that'd win it for me (beyond the Smash fighter of course, for me that's the MAIN event), I love my big dumb monke

Technomage

Smash Champion

Personally, I don't think it'd even need BotW2 (even though it would be nice); I just think it needs both DLC Smash reveals at minimum to be a success.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom